I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh speaking of Amtrak cards, does anyone else have the Amtrak World card (the one with the $79 annual fee)? Or is it just me?

I forgot about it, but when I opened the account I noticed I got 2 free companion coupons instead of just one. The one-year anniversary just came this week, and I got another 2 free companion coupons. It's only supposed to be one at account opening and one at renewal, so I have no idea what's happening here (but I'm not complaining). It also comes with 1 upgrade coupon at account opening and 1 upgrade coupon each anniversary, and those correctly posted.

Oh speaking of Amtrak cards, does anyone else have the Amtrak World card (the one with the $79 annual fee)? Or is it just me?

I forgot about it, but when I opened the account I noticed I got 2 free companion coupons instead of just one. The one-year anniversary just came this week, and I got another 2 free companion coupons. It's only supposed to be one at account opening and one at renewal, so I have no idea what's happening here (but I'm not complaining). It also comes with 1 upgrade coupon at account opening and 1 upgrade coupon each anniversary, and those correctly posted.
Does @Judique? I believe she is an Amtrak user also.

Im trying to book a AA vacation package for two nights at Disney and Flights to and from DCA. It says it is 47,000 miles but I have to also pay $700 in cash. I have over 170,000 miles anyone know why I have to pay cash?

Im trying to book a AA vacation package for two nights at Disney and Flights to and from DCA. It says it is 47,000 miles but I have to also pay $700 in cash. I have over 170,000 miles anyone know why I have to pay cash?
This happened to me, too. Have you adjusted the slider to use more points?

Thank you for this! Looks like the only restriction is you can't have had a BoA checking account in the last 6 months. I did a bonus with them last year and closed the account in July 2018, so it's been a year. I applied and was immediately approved.

BoA bonuses are very reliable as long as you apply with the promo code (make sure it's there in the application!). The only downside is how little codes as a DD, but luckily it's easy for me to change my DD at work.

Plus, I need a new Amtrak card, and it's way easier to do when you have a BoA account.
Ugh, looks like I applied for the wrong account to keep it fee free. Is there an easy way to change it to the mid tier?

I've had the Landry's card for years. Yak & Yeti is the go to place when we have no ADR and are just putzing around with no actual plans. We've gone in to Yak & Yeti with no ADR and with a party of 6 and were sat within about 10 minutes. The check in area was full and there is no way we would have been gotten in without the card. You can add the app to your phone and just show them your membership by logging in. It's a no brainer of a card to get. You pay the membership fee of $25 and receive a $25 credit 24 hours later and every year you get a $25 credit on your birthday.
We’re going in 3 weeks, it’s DH’s bday, do you think we would get his bday credit before our trip? And it can’t be combined with the initial $25 credit correct?

Ugh, looks like I applied for the wrong account to keep it fee free. Is there an easy way to change it to the mid tier?

I don't know for sure, but you should have gotten an email with a confirmation number. I'd call BoA now with that number and try to change it.

My ds10 likes to cook - which is a perfect way to teach measurements!
awww this brings back memories , both my kids loved cooking together with me while growing up,and it was the perfect way to teach measurement skills (among other things) I miss those cooking times......I still have the messy hand written invented recipes they created....

Regarding buying Swagbucks - last night I was able to buy 8000 before erroring out. The 2000 for $20 is still there this morning. I just bought another 2000. Gonna wait a few minutes and see if I can get more.
I bought some a few days ago when they had sale 2000 for $18. Can you tell me why buy them now for regular price? To meet MSR? Or is there another benefit?

: :offtopic: : the business that I use for my biz cards is a rental house we have on cape cod. This is our third summer with it and we just had a new issue come up. Hoping some of you, who have used AirBNB, might have opinions on how to handle this.
You may have seen on the news that there was a tornado on the cape yesterday. We were very lucky that there was no major damage to the house, but there has been no power since yesterday afternoon.
Not sure what if anything we should be doing for the renters who are in there now. We’ve been in touch with them and they are fine, they were in a different town during it. We told them where the flashlights were and let them know if they needed to buy some candles or batteries, we would reimburse them.
I don’t believe we have any legal obligation, since it’s weather related. But we do try to be fair and reasonable hosts.
What would your expectations be in this case?
What if it’s out for a couple of days? The power company is not giving any estimates on when it’ll be back on.
Thanks for any thoughts on it.

:worship: Wow... and Hi I'm new here to this whole thing... of credit cards churning, points, and such ...

I am working on the list on the front, so that I can get some help... to be honest I am just over whelmed...by all of this...

We are hoping for Japan November 2020 .... I really want to score some free business flights for DH and I, as well as free hotels stay...

I just joined swagbucks... and I need some guidance on how to use it all to my benefit... any help or directions are much appreciated...

As well I am opening a Etsy business next month... and was thinking about getting a business CC... suggestions on which one would be the best bet...

You guys are all Jedi's and I am not even a padawan apprentice yet.... Please teach me :worship::thanks:....

TPG finally has a story up about the 130k Hilton Points + FWN SUBs on the Hilton Biz and Surpass -- 5 days after these offers came out.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/hilton-honors-amex-current-offers/I guess it took them a while to get their affiliate links. But hey, at least this article warns readers about Amex's once per lifetime rule.

What's the chance that the TPG (or others) may be reading you? After all, the DIS is a pretty 'big' web presence, and this thread is enormous. Those guys spit out a few bites a day for their readers as opposed to the coverage gleaned here. It doesn't take long to figure out the players here and just read their posts exclusively.

:worship: Wow... and Hi I'm new here to this whole thing... of credit cards churning, points, and such ...

I am working on the list on the front, so that I can get some help... to be honest I am just over whelmed...by all of this...

We are hoping for Japan November 2020 .... I really want to score some free business flights for DH and I, as well as free hotels stay...

I just joined swagbucks... and I need some guidance on how to use it all to my benefit... any help or directions are much appreciated...

As well I am opening a Etsy business next month... and was thinking about getting a business CC... suggestions on which one would be the best bet...

You guys are all Jedi's and I am not even a padawan apprentice yet.... Please teach me :worship::thanks:....

:welcome:
not sure how much data u have processed, so feel free to ask questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter