I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@speedyfishy or anyone else that does Serve at Walmart - I tried doing my first Serve load today using a Meta gc from OD and was denied. The cashier seemed to know what she was doing, the system wouldn't allow my payment method. Any ideas what was wrong? Do Metas not work at WM? I can try FD in th he next few days, but WM is much more convenient for me. Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

Amazing!

How are the ballpoint pens? The Strings by Intercontinental in Tokyo have these nice, heavy metal casing pens that have a good weight and writes really smooth. They're my favorite souvenir to have DW bring home. The Intercontinental LA has similar looking pens, but their casing is made of plastic and feels cheap.
I’ll make a point to look for the pens when we get back to the room.

Wilderness lodge is showing for 2 nights for our Jan trip in the AA portal. I am so tempted to book it as I love, love staying in the MK area. However, we plan on hitting DHS the morning of the full marathon and I think having access to the skyliner will be much easier than using the roads.
Of course if Disney release CR or GF on AA points I will take my Chances with road closures.

Amazing!

How are the ballpoint pens? The Strings by Intercontinental in Tokyo have these nice, heavy metal casing pens that have a good weight and writes really smooth. They're my favorite souvenir to have DW bring home. The Intercontinental LA has similar looking pens, but their casing is made of plastic and feels cheap.

I have nothing to add except that I love this question.

The pens at the Intercontinental Barclay in NYC were nothing spectacular, if you were wondering.

Does anyone know if you’re pre-approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred if you can get the Sapphire Reserve instead? If so, how do I go about doing that? The pre-approval for the Preferred shows up when I log into my Chase account, all I would have to do is click on the link to accept it.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if you’re pre-approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred if you can get the Sapphire Reserve instead? If so, how do I go about doing that? The pre-approval for the Preferred shows up when I log into my Chase account, all I would have to do is click on the link to accept it.

Thanks!
Are you over 5/24?

Thinking out loud here, and I'd appreciate some help. We need to quickly set up DS as an AU for his semester abroad.

Option 1 - Add as an AU to P2's Capital One Savor (4x dining, entertainment, 2x grocery, 1x other)
Option 2 - P1 currently 0/24, no current MSR, and still approx 10d to go for CIP #2. Considering applying for CSR & setting up AU to take advantage of 3x travel, dining, PP access, etc.)

Although we'll have no problem meeting a new MSR through organic spend, I'd like to fully maximize my rewards. I know most of DSs expenses will be dining & travel related.

Neither card has FEX (important!), and Option 1 is easiest, but am I missing something obvious?

I need some Plastiq advise. My parents have a sudden $5k ish bill they'll have to pay in a few weeks for an emergency house repair. I'd like to help them cushion the blow, they're below 5/24 and have each had 2 CIPs, Mom still has her 2 open, so they're familiar with Chase Biz cards. They do not want to be shut down by Chase, they value that relationship. Two questions:
-I don't recall ever seeing a shutdown associated with CIP #3 when the applicant didn't app-o-rama or something similarly dumb right after- correct?
-Will CIP work on Plastiq to cut a check to their Contractor? He doesn't pop up automatically so it would have to be an old school paper check which I've never done. There is also this weird Visa cash-advance thing I kept coming up against where I needed to increase my cash advance limit on my CFU to pay my student loan even though it went through as a purchase- do contractors come under the same weird limits?

Thinking out loud here, and I'd appreciate some help. We need to quickly set up DS as an AU for his semester abroad.

Option 1 - Add as an AU to P2's Capital One Savor (4x dining, entertainment, 2x grocery, 1x other)
Option 2 - P1 currently 0/24, no current MSR, and still approx 10d to go for CIP #2. Considering applying for CSR & setting up AU to take advantage of 3x travel, dining, PP access, etc.)

Although we'll have no problem meeting a new MSR through organic spend, I'd like to fully maximize my rewards. I know most of DSs expenses will be dining & travel related.

Neither card has FEX (important!), and Option 1 is easiest, but am I missing something obvious?

You probably already realize this but If you go with option 2...you will have to wait at least 30 days to apply

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter