I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH will do tea cups but only because I love them lol. I sit and laugh the entire time when we spin
Wait...I sit and laugh the entire time on the tea cups too...
tenor.gif

They actually say no at the register? Our local store has a sign up for no checks for gift cards and no cc for “certain pre-paid cards” only those Visas ate gift cards, not prepaid cards.

Can’t you just add the other person to your reservation online?
Yes, they said no at the register, and moved me to the customer service desk where the manager said it was now policy, but he did process one card for me that day after I said they had done it before. I'm now using a different store as of this afternoon.

There's no place to add any other name on a Marriott online reservation.

That’s amazing. I felt proud of my self for doing $200 yesterday then running across to Jewel to buy $200 more. I tried to ask the woman at DG to do 2 swipes but she didn’t know how.

I think it’s easier to ask for two separate loads. One of my favorite Walmart cashiers swiped four different serve cards for me today and I loaded each for $200. It took awhile for me to build up to that. She is awesome so I filled out the survey with my receipt. I read they get a $5 lunch credit for each good survey. I’ll try and do one everyday that I have her.

I'm glad we got to say hello! I also was going to say, I had just put lotion on my hands so I promise they weren't just really sweaty :rotfl: I thought that after you left, I was like she probably thinks I'm a weirdo with gross hands lol

I haven't looked at our receipt from there yet... I just used up the last of a gift card that had $8-$12 on it and it was still like $30 left :scared: I could deal with the carrots in the potatoes but whyyyyyyy peassssss I HATE THEM SO MUCHHHHH. And there were so many peas!

Should have done this!
Omg I hate peas too! They are so disgusting. Some foods I can tolerate but peas and mustard are a big no no. I actually get kids meals at most restaurants at Disney. They’re more plain and usually come with more sides and a drink

Omg I hate peas too! They are so disgusting. Some foods I can tolerate but peas and mustard are a big no no. I actually get kids meals at most restaurants at Disney. They’re more plain and usually come with more sides and a drink

I didn’t want the “adults” on this thread judging me, but I hate peas and cooked carrots are worse. Carrots are meant to be eaten out of the fridge with buffalo sauce or ranch.

Wow. Finally caught up. Slow down, people, it's not a race. :rotfl:

@Haley R, yes, you can change the card on file, even in the middle of the cruise. We did it to get the discount on pics (when using the Disney Visa). Also, there are so many things that people rave about on DCL that are upcharges, but I'll add that we usually leave without a huge bill and have always really really enjoyed our trip.

I hear you on the AFs, but honestly that Gold card is awesome. Who doesn't spend money on food? And those 4x points for food is really nice.
I seriously don’t see us paying for hardly anything on the cruise. We’re gonna take advantage of just relaxing by the pool, watching the shows, and maybe a movie. We don’t want to spend too much money

@Haley R just adding on to what @amalone1013 said about parking....just Googled and on sight parking for a 7 night cruise is $136 at Port Canaveral. If you park further away in a private lot you will find a cheaper rate but will have to deal with a shuttle bus and perhaps less security for your vehicle. Remember you will actually be paying for 8 days on a 7 night cruise. Here is an informative website: https://cruisefever.net/port-canaveral-cruise-parking-cost-tips/

Our last cruise at Port Canaveral we had a rental car and it is a pain. Even with navigation. PC is very large and very confusing with roundabout ways and circular, confusing roads. Once you figure out where to return a rental car you then have to wait while they get enough people to fill up the shuttle. The whole process added 45-60 minutes to getting to the ship and starting the fun.

Our preference is having Uber/LYFT drop us right at the check in point for the cruise. $100 rt with tip > hassling with parking and shuttles.

Enjoy your visit with the 'rents!
Huh thanks for your experience. Maybe we will pay for the lyft then. Is there a certain place to get dropped off for Disney cruises? We’ve never been to port Canaveral or any cruise

I seriously don’t see us paying for hardly anything on the cruise. We’re gonna take advantage of just relaxing by the pool, watching the shows, and maybe a movie. We don’t want to spend too much money

I really think that is the best way to sail on DCL. People keep saying "you have to do this or that or the other thing" and then there's no time to rest, relax, and do a few of the included things like watch the shows, enjoy the soft serve, play trivia. Down time on the ship is the best, though. I try not to over plan the cruises. I hope you have a great time! :)

Hurricane season runs until the end of November. Our first sailing on the Fantasy was the first full cruise after the ship got hammered by Hurricane Sandy. We sailed on my birthday, November 17th. I definitely recommend buying trip insurance. Just bought some for our October cruise and they had special coverage for weather. It only cost about $150, well worth it for peace of mind.

We usually park at Park N Cruise. Haven't had any issues with the shuttle and the people there have always been very friendly. It's way cheaper than parking at the terminal.

We have three staterooms in October and I checked in the other two as cash rooms so I could zip through online check-in and select a port arrival time for them. My mom will be putting down some gift cards on her account and my grandpa will just add his credit card on his.
Shoot yeah we didn’t buy trip insurance. You think we should? I thought the hurricane chances were way down in November. Oops. Who did you get your trip insurance from?

I’ll look into park n cruise. Maybe we’ll do that.

Should we be worried about Zika going to the eastern Caribbean?

On MDE if it says my AP is good through Nov 3 that means I could use it that day right?

I didn’t want the “adults” on this thread judging me, but I hate peas and cooked carrots are worse. Carrots are meant to be eaten out of the fridge with buffalo sauce or ranch.

Carrots are only good in stew or soup when you can't actually taste them cause they are mushy. But I don't like most vegetables. My lunch most days is iceburg lettuce, some cucumbers that are peeled and had the seeds removed, shredded tillamook cheddar and a cut up hard boiled egg with some fat free hidden valley ranch dressing. Super exciting and about half the veggies I'll eat, haha. Keeps the calories down so it's easier to eat dinner.

I did well at WDW staying under my cal for the day and as of this morning am back to what I was before I left which I thought was pretty good. I'm halfway through my goals, met the first and am working on the 2nd.

I hate raw vegetables. I won’t eat carrots, celery, broccoli, nothing. I do like carrots cooked but only in like a pot roast or soup. They have to be mushy.

So we decided we won’t be staying at wdw this weekend. We all felt $320 was still going to be a lot for one night when my parents need to buy 1 day tickets and food. We’re just gonna drive over for the day.

Neither of them have been to Epcot and I CAN NOT wait to take them! We got FPS for living with the land, frozen, and spaceship earth with a lunch ADR at rose and crown. It’s on my mom’s birthday so she looked at menus and picked rose and crown. I think we might also try to do soarin first thing but we aren’t going to get to the park super early and jog like Dh and I normally do. So we’ll see how long of a wait it has. I told my mom and dad they have to do a m&g with a character, it isn’t a choice. My mom chose Mickey, Minnie, and goofy and when she saw them as a choice she actually giggled lol. I think we’re gonna have fun.

My parents have their anniversary on Friday, my mom’s birthday is Saturday, and it’s their first visit to Epcot. Naturally my mom needs 3 buttons right? Lol

Last edited:
I really thing most things that ranch gets put on or things that are dipped into it are ate solely because the person actually wants just the ranch. Most of these things wouldn't get eaten if it was socially acceptable to eat ranch with a spoon.
The drunk college kids in my hometown will drink ranch straight. They go to a fast food place that is open after the bars close that makes it's own ranch everyday (its sooooo good) and will shoot it with the little paper condiment cups

On MDE if it says my AP is good through Nov 3 that means I could use it that day right?

Carrots are only good in stew or soup when you can't actually taste them cause they are mushy. But I don't like most vegetables. My lunch most days is iceburg lettuce, some cucumbers that are peeled and had the seeds removed, shredded tillamook cheddar and a cut up hard boiled egg with some fat free hidden valley ranch dressing. Super exciting and about half the veggies I'll eat, haha. Keeps the calories down so it's easier to eat dinner.

I did well at WDW staying under my cal for the day and as of this morning am back to what I was before I left which I thought was pretty good. I'm halfway through my goals, met the first and am working on the 2nd.

I'm really impressed that you could keep your calories down at WDW. Doesn't everything there have 3,000 calories, even the salads? Count me impressed! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter