I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had a chance to skim much over the past 2 weeks because....we are buying a house! After 8 years of house hunting, we have finally found something that we like and is do-able financially (a little bit on the higher end of the budget) but it's the bay area and I feel like if we don't go for it, we'll be renting for the next 20 more years. We submitted an offer today and hopefully will hear back soon!

Question for those of you who have bought a house while in the cc game. We didn't realize this would happen, so in the past few months I have inquiries from Barclays and Citi on my credit report. DH has 1 from Chase. If our scores are still pretty good, will it impact our mortgage prospects?

I had originally planned on app'ing for the new Hilton Biz card expiring 8/28 and eligible for another Citi biz in Sept, but should I lay off the apps? For how long - until mortgage app is submitted or until closed? I really need a new card(s) for all the MSR we'll have with moving costs and some basic upgrades we want to do before we move in.

Congrats!

No one asked about our credit card applications but our most recent one was mid-February and we applied for our loan in mid-April. Our loan officer and realtor advised us not to apply for any new lines of credit while house hunting or while under contract. There was also a document we had to sign at closing saying that we had not taken out any new debt between our loan application and closing. When I asked our loan officer when we could apply for a new card for a signup bonus she said the day after closing was fine, although we may need to provide a letter of explanation at some point later if the loan gets sold.

I submitted my DH's application for his first CIP this morning (closed yesterday afternoon) and am patiently waiting for it to be approved. I might make him call since we have several big purchases to make and need to get started sooner rather than later!

I don't remember how but one of my lyft driver's and I got into a conversation about it. His brother grows/sells in CO but in florida it's only medicinal. He also thought it was nuts that I was a runner and not using cbd or anything. If I hurt bad enough I had to do more than stretch, visit the chiropractor, ice or take advil I wouldn't be running but it was such an odd reaction.

Also think it's nuts people think Disney will be ok with it nevermind that FL isn't on board for most people either. Kind of surprised we haven't heard about issues in CA.
Why would there be issues in CA? Even recreational use is legal here.

I hadn’t thought to check on Amazon! I use mescaline too! (Dramamine is a different drug)

Dramamine is the brand not the drug and they have it with meclizine.

Oh so that’s what he was talking about!! He said something about it but I hadn’t heard of it lol. He was like “there’s no way to check that, right?” Uhh, I mean they have dogs at DL, not sure about WDW but you probably don’t want an alert when you’re trying to go in the magic kingdom.

I saw at least one dog outside one of the parks and one at the airport that was rolling around. It was so cute and I wanted to go say hi since it certainly seemed they were on break but also didn't seem like the officer would have appreciated it. They'd come in the doors right by the check in for MDE.

Why would there be issues in CA? Even recreational use is legal here.

@DisneyMandC beat me to it. They still aren't going to allow it in the parks and I'm sure there's people that partake in whatever variety and then go in. Guess as long as they don't smell. There's a couple of guys at my gym that will reek of it and I don't get why you'd want to do it before working out. You'd think they'd use a different means if it's for pain but I've no idea how it all works just that it's not something I want to smell at the gym.

I went to insure my trip and compared plans. You can probably find something for under $100 for just the two of you. I've never had to use it, but there have been medical emergencies on my last few cruises so I like to have it to be safe in that aspect too.

I'm not sure about Zika, that's a good question. Is that even still around? I would think it wouldn't be any more of a risk than here in Florida.

We'll be at Epcot on Saturday too! My parents fly in tomorrow night. We are doing lunch in France.
We’ve just never had to buy trip insurance before but I think maybe we will for this. On that website it gives you different companies. Are they all pretty good or just some of them?

Zika is still around even though it seems like we don’t hear about it much. Dh was thinking the same thing that it shouldn’t be much worse than here in Florida.

Maybe we’ll see you at Epcot! I wanted to eat at chefs but Dh said no 😕

DL doesnt allow marijuana in the parks.
But if they are to make a case out of someone’s CBD oil in CA the legal nightmare they would be dragged into would haunt them for years. “You think YOU can judge what I use for my disability?!” Oof. No. Disneyland is not gonna touch that.

Edit: also the worst that happens is you aren’t allowed to enter the park at CA (which could definitely get messy in and of itself). No one is getting arrested for it out here.

Last edited:
Dramamine is the brand not the drug and they have it with meclizine.
@DisneyMandC beat me to it. They still aren't going to allow it in the parks and I'm sure there's people that partake in whatever variety and then go in. Guess as long as they don't smell. There's a couple of guys at my gym that will reek of it and I don't get why you'd want to do it before working out. You'd think they'd use a different means if it's for pain but I've no idea how it all works just that it's not something I want to smell at the gym.
Oooh! I thought Dramamine was only made with Dimenhydrinate! This could make mescaline easier to find in a pinch, I’ve always ignored Dramamine!

Eew!!! At the gym? Yuck.

@Haley R putting on my work hat here for a minute-

The CDC has a map that will show you which islands are considered increased risk. Right now the islands are all considered to be an increased risk due to history of infection, but none are reporting an active outbreak. Its recommended you don’t TTC for three months after visiting an at risk area such as the virgin islands. All of my patients are pregnant women and a large majority are from cuba/haiti/south america and I’ve had one person test positive in the last year, so yes overall risk is low. Be smart about mosquito prevention and if you do choose to TTC and become pregnant during that time, ask for a test for Zika from your doctor.

Oooh! I thought Dramamine was only made with Dimenhydrinate! This could make mescaline easier to find in a pinch, I’ve always ignored Dramamine!

Eew!!! At the gym? Yuck.

You have to make sure and read the label because while some places carry more than one it's not necessarily the one with meclizine. Though there's a generic Kroger that is, I think it's 1.99 for 8 tabs which is what I had been doing until they weren't restocking fast enough and I finally thought to look on Amazon. 5ish for 100 is so much better and made me feel stupid for not thinking to look there sooner since I get a lot of my vitamins etc there or at Cotsco.

Is Tuesday the day that the Chase referrals post?

Worried because DH hasn't received anything from when I used his CSP referral and now he doesn't have a CSP anymore. :headache:

I had breakfast in the room that helped but they don't show calories so I don't know. But it's not that different from other places so I know the burger I had at beaches & cream was ground beef and not a frozen patty because of the texture, so I can input that just fine. Pizza from the food court really won't be that different from the frechetta I eat at home. Pecos bills chicken is like my chicken, chips are chips, did have trouble with the queso though. I only snacked on popcorn (used AMC popcorn in the app) and beef jerky oh and one mickey bar. I tried to make good choices too but I also don't eat a ton at home and the heat kept me from going crazy except at beaches & cream but I knew that was one my splurge/eat too much meal. Most of them except for the hot dog and lays potato chips I left 1/3 to 1/2 my food behind because the portions are so big. I don't get the kids meals most of the time because I don't want all the sides and they like freak out if you don't take one of them even if you swap one out for fries. Just wish there were more deli type sandwiches, I'd wanted turkey and could only find smoked ick.

Thanks for sharing. What app are you using? I'm using MFP to track everything right now, and it's really working well for me, but we are traveling in a couple of weeks and I'm stressed just thinking about sliding backwards and struggling to figure out what to eat. :sad2:

Thanks for sharing. What app are you using? I'm using MFP to track everything right now, and it's really working well for me, but we are traveling in a couple of weeks and I'm stressed just thinking about sliding backwards and struggling to figure out what to eat. :sad2:

I use the same. If the place I'm eating doesn't have it then I find something comparable to do or I just do the ingredients like breaking down a burger to meat, bun and condiments. It also helped that all the extra steps gave me more calories so the couple days that would have been over weren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter