I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide if it's weird to apply for a job, for a company which is owned by the father of an old college friend/roommate... we got together a few times after I moved out here but kind of fell out of touch because we were both busy and our free time didn't align very often, so I haven't spoken to her in years...

I probably worry way more about this than I should. I met her dad a couple times, I doubt he would remember me unless she thought I was a really terrible roommate the year we lived together :rotfl:
Not weird, a job is a job! No harm in applying and seeing if they come back with anything of interest.

Also, this person works at this company for her dad. And it's like a 20 person company at most... but they work remotely so only like half are in this area (and 3 of those are her and her parents)

Whatever still gonna do it. Honestly all three open positions they have sound interesting to me. Just need to spiff up the old resume.

You all have heard many crazy stories about my job anyways, as if things haven't been ridiculous enough, now it feels like they are heading straight for the iceberg while ignoring the warnings. I am not the captain, I do not have to go down with this ship! :scared:

On the bright side, even forgetting this job/jobs, browsing today has shown much more promise than the past times I have put feelers out there. Seems to be much better options out there now.

Are you a dryer repairman? Can you tell me what’s wrong with mine?? Haha Mine gets “stuck”. I turn it on and it doesn’t spin. I can manually move it a tiny bit then it seems to work. I’m thinking the belt, but it seems like a belt would either work or not work and not the sometimes works. I’m afraid to take it apart thinking I might actually break it when I can so far get it working with my push. I’ve told all the kids to make sure it’s spinning, but worried it’s going to burn the house down if it does stop.

No, not a dryer repairman but they are pretty simple machines. Belts seem to me to be the most common problem - they break and it stops spinning. My son fixed one for me that was just a belt about 3 dryers back. Then his friend had the same problem and had just ordered one to be delivered from Lowes (or HD). He looked at it for her and they put a new belt on and it's still working or she'd be over here to get my old one that's in my basement, lol. Other common problems are heating element and the timer.

I only changed mine out because I wanted a matching pair. My old Maytag washer lasted through the 4th dryer. And, I bought Speed Queen because I liked the 7 year warranty, the ability to make it fill up with water or to let it do the water saver thing if I so desired, and to have a machine that I felt still had a good history of being reliable.

Whats the ETA on a CIP without asking to expedite it? I was approved last Wednesday night/Thursday morning and I didn't SM to expedite it as I didn't have anything pressing to use the MSR for. Well today my dryer started making a jack hammer noise and I may be going shopping sooner rather than later depending on what is wrong with it. @WVMomof3 I started YouTubing it and now have the back end off. I figured that if I can't fix it, I probably wouldn't do anymore damage to it either.

SFO Sept 7-26 runway closure

Got notification from United one of the major runways will be down for repairs Sept 7-26 and they are expecting airport wide delays. UA is offering free changes to a day earlier or later or to connect through a different city. Didn't see any other travel waivers from major airlines yet but seeing as this has been scheduled for months maybe UA is the only one who forgot to adjust for it lol. AS is advising travelers of potential problems and schedule changes but doesn't have a travel waiver in place at this time.

Whats the ETA on a CIP without asking to expedite it? I was approved last Wednesday night/Thursday morning and I didn't SM to expedite it as I didn't have anything pressing to use the MSR for. Well today my dryer started making a jack hammer noise and I may be going shopping sooner rather than later depending on what is wrong with it. @WVMomof3 I started YouTubing it and now have the back end off. I figured that if I can't fix it, I probably wouldn't do anymore damage to it either.
Seems to be about 7 days total, not business days just generally 1 week.

No, not a dryer repairman but they are pretty simple machines. Belts seem to me to be the most common problem - they break and it stops spinning. My son fixed one for me that was just a belt about 3 dryers back. Then his friend had the same problem and had just ordered one to be delivered from Lowes (or HD). He looked at it for her and they put a new belt on and it's still working or she'd be over here to get my old one that's in my basement, lol. Other common problems are heating element and the timer.

I only changed mine out because I wanted a matching pair. My old Maytag washer lasted through the 4th dryer. And, I bought Speed Queen because I liked the 7 year warranty, the ability to make it fill up with water or to let it do the water saver thing if I so desired, and to have a machine that I felt still had a good history of being reliable.

As you can read above, I may be shopping for a new dryer - how do you the Speed Queen? I really thought my washer would go out before the dryer and part of me feels like getting the cheapest most basic set out there and when it dies it dies but then I think maybe its worth it to get something that will last even if it is more cash.

@speedyfishy Couple questions about giftcardmall. So if I go through Rakuten at 1% cash back it's only net $.95 cost for a $500 gift card. You could load these to Serve right? Since I messed up with Great Southern Bank I am going to wait until I use that account before I try for another. So I signed up DH for a Serve card so I could link it to his Great Southern and actually use the account. Then I thought I might as well just use those accounts for MS. This game just keeps pulling me in deeper and deeper. Thank you so much for all your help with MS!!
Yeah I keep my orders at $1500 so I don’t have to pay for shipping.

10k-15k a month on gift cards alone. *knock on wood*
On what cards? lol

Hello :) We are looking at applying for a Chase Sapphire next year to accrue points for our future DCL wedding and our honeymoon. Due to other debts, we need to wait until next year.
Does anyone know the average amount of time between applying, being approved and getting the card?

Thanks! :flower3:

Let me know how it goes!

Finally got charged the annual fee for my Hilton Aspire. Upgraded from the no fee hilton to the ascend 2/19, then to the aspire 3/19 (each time with 150K bonus, woo hoo). No fees charged until this month. $450. A little part of me was hoping they forgot. :rotfl2: I do think it's a little weird that I was able to use the airline credit and resort credit before being charged the fee. But either way, they got it.

Hello :) We are looking at applying for a Chase Sapphire next year to accrue points for our future DCL wedding and our honeymoon. Due to other debts, we need to wait until next year.
Does anyone know the average amount of time between applying, being approved and getting the card?

Hi - you may see the card initially go pending. So it could be auto-approved or take up a week to get approved- nobody can give you a firm timeline on that.
  • If you are referencing the Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), once approved, you will likely receive it in 5-10 business days via normal mail
  • If you are referencing the Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR), once approved it will be expedited and arrive in 2-3 days via FedEx or UPS.

I'd say you could plan on two weeks or less, one for approval, and another one to get the card.

@Judique has that shiny new John Deere mower that she cashed out for :)

And I love it more every time I use it!
For dinner last night we went to Rosa Mexicano, myself, son and girlfriend and younger daughter. (I had 10% off with my Amtrak card and a buy one get one free entrée.)

On the way home I asked younger daughter if she were going to get a new car soon - hers is 6 years old and maybe 70k miles, but she's young. She says she's thinking about a Tesla but is not sure if there are enough charging stations around. I did not tell her the Tesla story, but I was definitely thinking about it. I told her to check around where she works - a lot of places have them.

So, my point is, what's the difference between buying a Tesla and buying a John Deere? (other than quantity of UR/MR). Both are a cash out at a much lower value than can be achieved through lie flat seats.

So I'm just checking.....IF I get lucky on the grAAvy train, my miles should post how soon after my statement closes? I hit my $5k spend and my statement closes today. So far the points aren't there. I'm REALLLLLLLLY hoping I get them. Otherwise I'm not sure how I can get more AA miles. UGH.

No advice, I ran into the same problem trying to use IHG points. I rarely use them, usually it's a stop over somewhere rural on a long drive. I can never find a reward night available when I really need it.
I've found good availability a year out. Vegas is the only town where I can't find availability until 60 days out at their top properties, the Venetian and Palazzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter