I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to wait for them to post. They will be listed on your statement - just go in and view it once it's available. Sometimes I feel like I'm churning grandpa here talking to the kids 😝😇:P (I don't say this for my own good young whippersnappers!!) :lmao: 😂 🤪

EDIT: I mean that in a joking and loving manner :D It just feels like I say this a lot, haha!

Well I keep logging into my account and not seeing them, LOL. I feel like in the past it was instant once I hit the spend. So far I have no statement for August so I'll work all my grAAVY train voodoo magic over the next few hours that I do get them, LOL.

Whats the deal with these hockey teams?! It is like they don't understand travel...AT ALL. We have a tourney in December in S Florida. That is an expensive time to fly to S Florida. They won't tell us what weekend or anything. It is making me nuts. Do they not realize this is August already!?

Well we have **** booked for November but it's only in Buffalo NY so we'll be driving for that. Now just have to hope no crazy snowstorms!

If your statement closing date is today, you will not see your statement until tomorrow. This possibly could occur overnight or it could be as late as tomorrow afternoon. Once you can see your statement available, just open it up and scroll to the points section of the statement and it will tell you how many points you have earned.

This will be your only indication of whether you earned these points until 18-48 hours later when they actually transfer to your AAdvantage account. Once they transfer you will then see them in your AA account and also when you log into your Citi account (as that total is driven by the AA system).

Since you are the guru on all things grAAvy.....I have the personal Barclay....I keep getting denied on the biz version. I'm holding off on the personal citi as I'm SOOOO close to being under the 5/24. Mailers seem to now be a gamble. Is the train running dry?

A tiny liberal arts college in Worcester, MA-Clark University. She had free rides to FSU and UF so of course she went with the distant, expensive, no football program choice, lol. Senior year IS crazy between narrowing options and making big decisions but I believe she's where she'll thrive. Good luck-this year will fly by for you and your DD.
Oh my, it is SO nice! Small, but the food was the best (with the exception of make your own guac in the Admiral's Club) I've ever had in a lounge. PVD is such a sweet small easy airport and this is the cherry on top, for sure. Please PM me if you have any questions about it. I even took a couple of photos of the spread...because I'm a weirdo 😀
A friends daughter just started at Clark too. Heading to PvD in October - our flight was originally 5:30 am but got pushed back to 9:30 so now we can try to escape loungeZ. Though I’d rather be heading to Orlando. Add Bocado restaurant to your list when your in Worcester. Tapas. Great place
@speedyfishy Couple questions about giftcardmall. So if I go through Rakuten at 1% cash back it's only net $.95 cost for a $500 gift card. You could load these to Serve right? Since I messed up with Great Southern Bank I am going to wait until I use that account before I try for another. So I signed up DH for a Serve card so I could link it to his Great Southern and actually use the account. Then I thought I might as well just use those accounts for MS. This game just keeps pulling me in deeper and deeper. Thank you so much for all your help with MS!!

DP got DH AA BIZ #2, different offer/link. First was 40k spend with $250 credit. Did 3K for 60k. Did a fake Expedia refundable booking. Miles are there today!!!!
Can you have two AA biz cards at the same time or do you cancel and then apply for another one.?

SFO Sept 7-26 runway closure

Got notification from United one of the major runways will be down for repairs Sept 7-26 and they are expecting airport wide delays. UA is offering free changes to a day earlier or later or to connect through a different city. Didn't see any other travel waivers from major airlines yet but seeing as this has been scheduled for months maybe UA is the only one who forgot to adjust for it lol. AS is advising travelers of potential problems and schedule changes but doesn't have a travel waiver in place at this time.

Yuck. We are flying through SFO during those dates. We aren't taking United, so I guess I will hope that it won't be too much of a mess.

As you can read above, I may be shopping for a new dryer - how do you the Speed Queen? I really thought my washer would go out before the dryer and part of me feels like getting the cheapest most basic set out there and when it dies it dies but then I think maybe its worth it to get something that will last even if it is more cash.

I absolutely love it! To put this into perspective, the washer was my primary reason for going with Speed Queen. I wasn't actually shopping for a dryer, and was prepared to accept whatever matched the washer. When I knew my washer wasn't going to last much longer I started reading reviews and it seemed like the newer styled LG's and Samsung's all have problems.

Speed Queen is pretty basic although I did pay a lot to get the most bells and whistles. You are getting white and you are getting one of three residential models. It lives in the unfinished side of my basement which is rarely seen by anyone other than me, the plumber or electrician, so my wants were reliability, and I also didn't want a model where you couldn't choose your own water level. All newer machines must have a water saver setting and a locking lid.

Anyway, the dryer is fine but I can't say I did a lot of dryer research other than to make sure it didn't have a lot of bad reviews.

The AF on my Biz Plat 1 posted today too. I closed it via chat. Easy decision.

Congrats on making great use of United's new dynamic pricing! I guess it's not all bad!

Thanks! I was actually pretty shocked to see the flight I wanted at only 5k miles. Even more shocked that 4 seats were available at the Saver rate since my initial search was just for one seat to research the possibility...

Thanks for the reminder that I can close an Amex via chat. The AF on DH's Biz Green also posted today, and he would HATE to have to call to cancel. Off to close that via chat now....

Kroger is offering 4x Fuel Points on all Gift Cards, including fixed value Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards, from 8/30/19 through 9/2/19.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/krog...-cards-includes-fixed-visa-mc-valid-8-30-9-2/Check your Kroger coupons for the following offers:
  • Save a digital coupon to get 4x fuel points on Visa and Mastercard $100, $50, or $25 fixed-value gift cards.
  • Save a digital coupon to get 4x fuel points on third party gift cards. (Should work on all third-party gift cards.)
Pay with a credit card that earns a high bonus at supermarkets, like the Amex Gold for 4x Membership Rewards Points, Amex Hilton Surpass for 6x Hilton Honors Points, or Amex Blue Cash Preferred for 6% cash back; another card that has supermarkets as its quarterly bonus category; or a card on which you're working on the MSR. Amex cards on which you're working towards MSR are generally fine to use for gift cards at grocery stores as long as you mix in some actual grocery items to give your purchase an odd number.

You may be able to stack Kroger deals with shopping apps like Dosh additional cash back.

Is there a trick to using IHG points? They're easy to earn since I can plastiq my mortgage. But, I can never find the room I need on points, it's always only cash. We have a tourney end of Nov and I'd really like to book a suite (2 bed + pullout), but I can only get 2 beds. Of 3 IHG hotels in the area, only that one room is what I'm seeing on points. I wanted to book through IHG rather than CSR.

It's always "reward nights not available for one or more of the selected dates".
I've been reading here forever but don't think I've ever posted. This brought me out :) I've had elite status with both IHG and Hyatt and booked alot of awards. I am pretty sure it's never an option to book a suite with points. You might want to reach out to IHG to see if it's possible to "upgrade" an award booking with additional points after the reservation is made.

I know Hyatt still has the option to upgrade a paid (non award) reservation to a suite with a certain number of points. And they might still have the option to do all points, but I think both are done through Hyatt and not online. I've never heard of IHG doing this, but you could find out.

Or if you work with the individual hotel, they might let you pay an upgrade amount in cash. If you have high enough status to have an upgrade benefit, you could also let the hotel know you would request an upgrade to a suite. The problem is they are space specific, as well as how early you are trying to check in, and there would be no way of guaranteeing it ahead of arrival. Good luck :)

Thanks! I was actually pretty shocked to see the flight I wanted at only 5k miles. Even more shocked that 4 seats were available at the Saver rate since my initial search was just for one seat to research the possibility...

Thanks for the reminder that I can close an Amex via chat. The AF on DH's Biz Green also posted today, and he would HATE to have to call to cancel. Off to close that via chat now....

The chat agent will try to get you to call for "options," but just insist you've made your decision to close and politely ask they complete your request. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I'm wondering how many on here have (secretly and won't admit) already gotten the Apple card, the Starbucks card, the Amazon card, etc because it looked cool or worked at the moment.

I haven't gotten any of those cards, but the girls want me to sign up for a Capital One card so they can get priority access to the Taylor Swift concert. Ummm ... no.

The chat agent will try to get you to call for "options," but just insist you've made your decision to close and politely ask they complete your request. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Poor DH must not have been deemed worthy of the attempt to retain him, lol. The chat rep did ask why DH wanted to close the card. *DH* responded that he realized he hadn't used the card much over the past year and that he has other business cards that work better for him. Rep agreed it sounded like a good idea to close and, bingo presto, it was done! Definitely easy peasy...

This is a 'YMMV' and should be interpreted as such. If I have a need such as 5 in a room for an overnight, as opposed to a longer stay, I will make a comment such as '5 people and would like sofa sleeper and 2 queens'. The ihg card gives platinum status which doesn't count for much but like other hotels it's possible to get an upgrade, so you can ask for it. I used to stay IHG all the time while driving back and forth to Florida, and on some occasions we had 5 or we had people that didn't want to sleep together. We usually got what we wanted. The points themselves only buy standard rooms and once all the standards are gone they stop selling points rooms - my observation, not necessarily gospel, so if it doesn't say sold out, what's left should be upgraded rooms. So if they assign me an upgrade then they have another room that may actually be easier to sell.

A couple of years ago I switched pretty much to Country Inn and Suites because the Hi Ex's were running up there with the Hampton Inn's and trying to be $125-$150 a night - on the road, while I could get a Country Inn for $75 that had a better breakfast at the time (HiEX has improved a bit and both are ahead of Fairfield Inns in my opinion). So I rarely do HiEx any more plus I have a lot of Marriott points to burn and free is free.

So, it's not guaranteed but unless I put 1 as number of people, I'm almost always looking at 2 queens and a sofa bed.

The other option is book the room and call and ask and tell them what you need/want. If they say yes, you are good to go. If they say no at least you tried. And you can slip in I'm platinum but without being demanding.

Just to tag on, if I remember correctly from when I was plat, the upgrade benefit is within the same category, like a better view. It doesn't mean you CAN'T get a suite if the hotel is willing, but just don't be upset if you don't get one. Since they are going for a tournament, the hotel may be packed, and they may have groups booked in for it. From my experience WORKING in hotels with groups, the coaches and leaders of these groups generally liked to snatch up suites.

The suite upgrade from standard rooms benefit are for Spire, so any of those requests will be filled first. Fingers crossed for the OP, hope you are able to work something out between IHG and the hotel. Oh, also group blocks are usually released 30 days out, so if this isn't super soon, you can always check back later and see if anything opened up at the hotels that didn't show any open reward nights. Just book something now somewhere that you can cancel.

SFO Sept 7-26 runway closure

Got notification from United one of the major runways will be down for repairs Sept 7-26 and they are expecting airport wide delays. UA is offering free changes to a day earlier or later or to connect through a different city. Didn't see any other travel waivers from major airlines yet but seeing as this has been scheduled for months maybe UA is the only one who forgot to adjust for it lol. AS is advising travelers of potential problems and schedule changes but doesn't have a travel waiver in place at this time.

I don't think AS has many connections to AS flights in SFO but maybe to partner airlines. Wherever I price from seattle it'll give me non stop and then through Portland or lax never sfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter