I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this. What are your thoughts about buying gift cards at office supply stores just to keep the Am Ex Rat happy? Not worth it since they can see it's gift cards?
I don't know about that. Whenever there are Amex Offers for S/OD/OM (😈), what do we do with them? Buy GCs.

I received base spend points and the statement credit/MR from the recent Amex Offer at Staples on third-party GCs purchases. I received base spend points on my BBP from buying VGCs last week at OD/OM. Yes, the stores reported L3 data so Amex knows what I bought, but I still earned the points.

Could Amex, at some point in the future, claw back those points as ineligible purchases under their program? Possibly. So I'm hesitant to hit it too hard and earn all these points that might get clawed back. But a few purchases here or there might escape their radar or be too small for the RATs to bother with (and certainly looks like otherwise normal customer behavior). It would boost your spend. And if you did lose out on the points, then a few purchases here or there shouldn't hurt too bad.
At the moment, Amex does not care about what u buy after you have met MSR. They want u to spend spend spend.
Source: spends close to 10k-15k a month on gift cards alone. *knock on wood*
Good to hear this still works. I made the decision to not use Amex for GC anywhere other than grocery stores based on this DOC post from about a month ago. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-adds-terms-to-ban-gift-cards-from-earning-points/
"On various Amex cards, the gift card exclusion shows even for earning ordinary points. It’s not showing on all cards explicitly for ordinary points, but does on some; here are a couple of examples: Blue Business Plus card (link), Gold card (link) Blue Cash Everyday (link). All cards show the gift card exclusion for the bonuses, and many cards show it for ordinary purchases as well."

I HATE getting caught with my hand in the cookie jar and would probably be the one person to get clawbacks!

I really just want to be able to watch Agents of SHIELD! Debating!!!

OOH i see it on mine (have had a general membership for a couple years. I'm probably way behind but here is what mine looks like

View attachment 429856

Here are the D23 Disney+ offer terms that appear below this offer. I haven’t seen the offer pop up yet but I’m pretty confident we should see it tomorrow since it references active membership as of 9/1/19 below.

Valid only from August 26, 2019 through September 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM PT. Promotional offer available to all D23 General, Gold or Gold Family Members who have an active membership as of 11:59PM PT on September 1, 2019. Valid for US residents with US payment method only. Acceptance of this promotional offer, or use of the promotional offer code, constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions. This promotional offer of $46.99 per year, if accepted, entitles the bearer to a one-time discount of $69.00 off the regular price of a three-year subscription to Disney+ ($209.97). Subscription will automatically renew on an annual basis at the end of three years, at the annual subscription price (currently $69.99) unless cancelled. Taxes added to price, where applicable. Cancel anytime, subject to terms. No refunds or credits for partial months or years. Access to Disney+ will continue through the end of the current subscription term. To accept this offer, you must click on the link included in this email, create an account, accept the Subscriber Agreement, and elect to purchase a three-year subscription. Promotional offer code is one-time use only. Cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons, discounts or promotions. Cannot be applied to an existing subscription to Disney+. Not redeemable for cash or any other goods or services. This offer code cannot be sold and is not valid and will not be honored if obtained from any third party, including through Internet auction sites. No money or other consideration was given in exchange for this offer.

Here are the D23 Disney+ offer terms that appear below this offer. I haven’t seen the offer pop up yet but I’m pretty confident we should see it tomorrow since it references active membership as of 9/1/19 below.

Valid only from August 26, 2019 through September 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM PT. Promotional offer available to all D23 General, Gold or Gold Family Members who have an active membership as of 11:59PM PT on September 1, 2019. Valid for US residents with US payment method only. Acceptance of this promotional offer, or use of the promotional offer code, constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions. This promotional offer of $46.99 per year, if accepted, entitles the bearer to a one-time discount of $69.00 off the regular price of a three-year subscription to Disney+ ($209.97). Subscription will automatically renew on an annual basis at the end of three years, at the annual subscription price (currently $69.99) unless cancelled. Taxes added to price, where applicable. Cancel anytime, subject to terms. No refunds or credits for partial months or years. Access to Disney+ will continue through the end of the current subscription term. To accept this offer, you must click on the link included in this email, create an account, accept the Subscriber Agreement, and elect to purchase a three-year subscription. Promotional offer code is one-time use only. Cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons, discounts or promotions. Cannot be applied to an existing subscription to Disney+. Not redeemable for cash or any other goods or services. This offer code cannot be sold and is not valid and will not be honored if obtained from any third party, including through Internet auction sites. No money or other consideration was given in exchange for this offer.
I don't read a lot of T&C (I know, I know....) so it says "cancel any time" and then it says "no refunds or credits for partial months or years" which to me says "once we have your money you're out of luck."

Also, what happens if the card I pay for this with (probably CIP#2 since that's what I am currently working on) doesn't exist in 3 years???

Edited: I went to the disney+ site and they list things like Marvel and Star Wars but no specific show/movie lists. Some of the Marvel stuff looks interesting!!!

I think I'm gonna do it. All I have to do is figure out how it integrates with our "smart" TV and such... my husband is the techie one so I guess it'll be on him!

Last edited:
1st ship Disney Wish. @calypso726 first sailing Jan 2022. Still waiting for the 2nd. Talking about make a wish tied in with the Wish ship. They didn't announce the 2nd ship.
ETA didn't announce the 2nd ship.

I was so excited to know I can actually start planning 2021 now. Whew! I'm wondering if all of the ships will be pushed out a year and it will be 2022, 2023, 2024

I need everybody to stop until next year when my self and others (@calypso726 ?) can join and get our own cippy's. I am so afraid this will go away before I manage to get my 2 or 3.

I keep wondering the same!

I absolutely love it! To put this into perspective, the washer was my primary reason for going with Speed Queen. I wasn't actually shopping for a dryer, and was prepared to accept whatever matched the washer. When I knew my washer wasn't going to last much longer I started reading reviews and it seemed like the newer styled LG's and Samsung's all have problems.

Speed Queen is pretty basic although I did pay a lot to get the most bells and whistles. You are getting white and you are getting one of three residential models. It lives in the unfinished side of my basement which is rarely seen by anyone other than me, the plumber or electrician, so my wants were reliability, and I also didn't want a model where you couldn't choose your own water level. All newer machines must have a water saver setting and a locking lid.

Anyway, the dryer is fine but I can't say I did a lot of dryer research other than to make sure it didn't have a lot of bad reviews.

Thank you! All the research points to how great they are but its nice to hear it from a consumer who's actually using the machine. The verdict is still out on mine, I had to go to soccer practice so it will have to wait till tomorrow before I tinker with it more. Its a Samsung that I've had for about 5-6 years and I've hated them for about that long. I actually hate the washer more than the dryer. You can't choose the load size (which annoys me) yet I can steam and do all kinds of other things that I have never used in all the time I've had them.

I don't read a lot of T&C (I know, I know....) so it says "cancel any time" and then it says "no refunds or credits for partial months or years" which to me says "once we have your money you're out of luck."

Also, what happens if the card I pay for this with (probably CIP#2 since that's what I am currently working on) doesn't exist in 3 years???

Edited: I went to the disney+ site and they list things like Marvel and Star Wars but no specific show/movie lists. Some of the Marvel stuff looks interesting!!!

I think I'm gonna do it. All I have to do is figure out how it integrates with our "smart" TV and such... my husband is the techie one so I guess it'll be on him!
I imagine there are no refunds for the initial 3 year purchase, but you can cancel anytime thereafter and forgo the monthly charges you agree to after the 3 year period. I’ve had subscriptions email me weeks before renewal that my payment option was invalid/expired. It happened with Netflix over the years before it was bundled with my cable.

As for devices, it will work on basically anything but Amazon devices right now.

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-details-disney-plus-international-release-compatible-devices/

There was a ton of info at the disney + panel on friday so I would either watch the recap from the dis or find their article or google d23 disney + panel and find the info. There will be plenty star wars and marvel for you.

For me I think this is going to be a month here and a month there type thing for me. What can I say, I still like real tv and I read a lot. Nevermind that I barely watch Prime as it is.

I used one a while ago. I can't say if it helped or not as I only sent a few more applications out and then things changed at my current job and I settled back in for a while. If you're interested in who I used and looking at their website send me a PM and I'll tell you more.
Thanks---I'll check to see if they'd like another name. I appreciate the offer :)
@LuckyMamaInDE @Lain I'm pretty sure they pull the VGC/MCGC coupons early a lot. I've run into that several times where I forget to save it to an account and halfway through the period it's gone.
:sad2: that must be what happened because I had used the offer on one account and forgot to save it to the other (this was before I knew how to switch between accounts on the app lol)
Sounds like it's overheating. I've fixed a friends by removing all the lint from underneath her filter and from the vent tube thingy that goes to the outside. And I have a free one in my basement that still works......A year ago I bought a new set and kept the working dryer to either give away or put on CL.
I think it's overheating too. It's definitely not the moisture sensors. I guess I get to pull it out of the (tight) closet to check!
The offer doesn't disappear immediately after redemption, but it also doesn't trigger again if it was a one time use. There's a lag on the app of some hours. For sure by the next day it'll be removed.

@LuckyMamaInDE I think we've seen that a coupon could be valid for a couple weeks but if it wasn't clipped during the first week it may disappear. Our Acme's run Fri to Thu and I try to clip before Thursday if I think I might use it at all. I have had coupons disappear that weren't clipped, but none that were clipped have disappeared early.
Good to know. I'll be sure to save any good offers right away!

For me I think this is going to be a month here and a month there type thing for me. What can I say, I still like real tv and I read a lot. Nevermind that I barely watch Prime as it is.

I'm really on the fence with this one. We sporadically watch Netflix, Prime, and HBO (which is not a long term service in our house). I'm just not sure we will watch it enough to make it worth the price. I really doubt we will, and paying for 3 years upfront means I can't try it out and cancel. I hate making these decisions...

Can MCGC be used on Costco.com to purchase Costco gc? I'd look myself except dh apparently changed the Costco password, didn't write it down where we usually put passwords, and he's not home with his devices :badpc:

I imagine there are no refunds for the initial 3 year purchase, but you can cancel anytime thereafter and forgo the monthly charges you agree to after the 3 year period. I’ve had subscriptions email me weeks before renewal that my payment option was invalid/expired. It happened with Netflix over the years before it was bundled with my cable.

As for devices, it will work on basically anything but Amazon devices right now.

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-details-disney-plus-international-release-compatible-devices/
Wait what?! No amazon devices??? That’s the only thing we use. If it won’t be available for a fire stick we might not be getting Disney+

Last edited:
Good to hear this still works. I made the decision to not use Amex for GC anywhere other than grocery stores based on this DOC post from about a month ago. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-adds-terms-to-ban-gift-cards-from-earning-points/
"On various Amex cards, the gift card exclusion shows even for earning ordinary points. It’s not showing on all cards explicitly for ordinary points, but does on some; here are a couple of examples: Blue Business Plus card (link), Gold card (link) Blue Cash Everyday (link). All cards show the gift card exclusion for the bonuses, and many cards show it for ordinary purchases as well."

I HATE getting caught with my hand in the cookie jar and would probably be the one person to get clawbacks!

my friend does around 100k+ a month on gift cards... i wouldnt worry about it. :]
hes got close to 120,000 MR incoming this month.

Plastiq won’t let me pay my student loan with the CIP because it thinks its a mortgage. Anyone know how to fix it? Idk why its assuming its a mortgage- the recipient name is just the credit union name

There was a ton of info at the disney + panel on friday so I would either watch the recap from the dis or find their article or google d23 disney + panel and find the info. There will be plenty star wars and marvel for you.

Thanks; will look up that info. I want to know that they're going to have what I want to see before I get locked into a contract.

Having said that, my husband thinks we should just do a month to month in case they drastically change or reduce their offerings so that we aren't stuck with something we no longer want. It seems this is what happens or can happen with Netflix, for example.

My kids are big on Star Wars and I'd love to have (most) of the Marvel movies as well as Agents of SHIELD.

Plastiq won’t let me pay my student loan with the CIP because it thinks its a mortgage. Anyone know how to fix it? Idk why its assuming its a mortgage- the recipient name is just the credit union name

Credit unions do handle mortgages. It’s probably flagged as such.

You can chat with a Plastiq rep during regular business hours and tell them you’re trying to pay a student loan (not a mortgage) with a Visa and they should be able to help push it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter