I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used last month’s credit on a Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake at the CF! So good! But I think it was a limited time offering. I’m really tempted to swing by sometime this month to see if it’s still there.

Funny - that was my other possible choice!

Too funny about the accident during your test. My oldest daughter had the same thing happen to her. She tapped a car next to her as she was parking after the test. No damage to either car, thankfully, but the tester was mad. He tore up the paperwork that approved her for her license and said, “d#@* it! Now I have to fail you.” She was devastated, naturally.

I didn't test again for months due to the accident. I think the instructor wanted to fail me because I was pretty 'smart' with him - I had to back in at the end of the test and he told me to go back a little further - that's when I hit the power pole behind me and had instant failure. They always had a new car for Driver's ed and several years later I spotted it in another town - still had the dent I put on it.

Thank you for posting about this. I was thinking I need to cancel my Target card because I never use it, so I keep getting those letters that say we will close your account if you don't use it (which apparently they don't actually do) . . . I would be super angry if my Target card got "upgraded" and that counted as a new card.
Well that'interesting bc I just got that letter yesterday lols

With all the Target REDcard talk I wanted to remind folks that there is a debit card that should not have any impact on your 5/24 status but still gives the 5% discount. I got the card pre 5/24 but was already starting this hobby and mindful of the number of inquiries. Oh how times have changed!

Am I the only one completed disgusted by chunks in my yogurt? It makes me gag

It is really easy to make it homemade, and won't have all the chemicals in it. Plus you can tailor it to your preferred thickness and tartness level and sweeten with honey or just less sugar than they feel the need to use. Do you have an instant pot?
But I'm with ya...no chunks.

Those of you that have been on a Disney Cruise to Tortola, St. Thomas, and Castaway Cay........what were your favorite excursions and why? We are finally going to start planning a little more for our cruise in November and I was curious. Are Tortola and St. Thomas easy to just walk around on our own or should we stick with excursions?

Another question....when you book excursions do you go through Disney or another company?

For those ports we go on our own. They are safe.
We have been twice on that itinerary.

St Thomas: cab to Magen's bay if you wish (popular) or we did a different beach to avoid the crowd the 2nd time called Secret Harbour. There is lots of shopping at the port.

Tortola: My hubby and sons left the ship super early to zipline (not the excursion). I wanted them to beat the excursions there, so they were ready to go as soon as all ashore was called and were the first ones to the place for the day. They came back by 10ish and we all ate breakfast and headed out together for a day at Cane Garden Bay (via taxi). The first trip we cabbed to a beach but can't remember where....that was when Tortola was a brand new port...2009.

Castaway: we just do a family beach day. My kids love the beach. The adult beach is supposed to be amazing but I've not ever been able to go.

Geez, now I really want to plan a cruise. hahaha

My DS loves the Lemoncello cake. So if I don't use the credit at Shake Shack, I usually pop in and grab him a slice. (Of course, without the whipped cream decoration since he doesn't like it.)
In the Annapolis location they always put the whipped cream on one end of the carry out container and it doesn't touch the cheesecake. I like it first time around, but on my second serving the whipped cream has usually deflated itself and is not so appetizing. I rarely eat the whole slice at once.

Thanks for your response. I'll look at the Baths. I think I saw them on the list. Did you book it through Disney? What did your son not like about it? Unfortunately, I can't do the zip line :(

We have missed out on the baths both times to Tortola b/c we had toddlers in tow both times, but I'd love to go one day. I researched it a bunch and apparently it is easy and much cheaper to do on your own. You can get there before the excursion so you aren't stuck in a group of people as you explore. I'd definitely go that route. You'd have to search on the DCL forum for "baths on own" or something and find all the info. I'd also ask on the DCL fb pages.

ETA: if I recall, you take a ferry (speedy's) over to the island and then a cab or something.

I have the Lowes offer on my Marriott Biz but it expires while I’ll still be working on the MSR. I’d really just want to use it for a gift card, so I guess I’ll add it to my BCP instead since I have it there too.

I don't think there is a problem using it for a gift card such as Disney when you are working on an MSR. They exclude bulk purchases but not a 'single' purchase for personal use. They don't want you buying cash as in Visa cards.

@marsh0013 I still don't see award travel for 8/17 :confused3

View attachment 436773

Yup. And first check this morning I'm seeing they've loaded but I don't see any savers. And nothing in points in first at all on the non stops to SNA. So they were either grabbed overnight, or who knows. This is making nervous! If they don't release aug 20 before I go to bed on Friday, I could miss out.

Oh United. I thought a 1pm EST (or so) release time would work really well, better than midnight for my schedule anyway. But if it's just any time after that time, what a crap shoot.

Last edited:
@Haley R we did St Thomas on our cruise. The island still has a ton of damage from hurricane matthew. We went to Maegans bay and it was crowded and kind of a rip off. I’d look for a different excursion than that. I really wanted to find a hotel we could use for the day the beaches and facilities- we did that in St Maartin and it was awesome. A lot of hotels hadn’t reopened yet in St. Thomas but maybe by now you’ll have better luck

@Haley R try resortforaday dot com for this

Thank you, I really appreciate that. :hug: To be honest, I don't really care if it hits while we're there as long as I can actually get down there on my flight Saturday (obviously I do not want anybody to be hurt by it, but I'm just saying). Right now it's showing that winds won't even be felt as late as Sunday near the US, so I'm hoping that stays true.

On the plus side, I am seeing absolutely phenomenal wait times throughout every park on the app this week! Me, DH, and my BIL keep texting screenshots of them to each other and just screaming "GET IN THE CAR!"

I hope you have great weather and amazing crowds!!

I am curious to see how it is for you because I am trying to find DD20 a room for her DCP entertainment audition 26-28th and it is shocking how nothing is available. I might have to put her at the Hilton DTD. Or CB at uni one night at the Hyatt MCO the next night. Her flight out is evening though, so she'd be bored at the airport all day.

Small note to anyone who has a Bonvoy Brilliant:

Posting here and not reddit (don’t need it to get too big).

Consider asking for a retention offer when your AF comes up. Take the offer if they give one and hit the requirements. Additionally, get the Cat 6 cert, use the $300 credit (gift card if nothing else), call to downgrade to the $95 regular after you’ve received everything- id wait over one month so you don’t receive the full refund.

At that point you’ll should get a partial refund of the $450 AF. Around $400. Then, wait for an upgrade offer to occur, which should happen soon. Currrently it’s an all time high of 125k pts.

You can do the same thing I and a few others currently do with the Aspire. Which is, upgrade, get pts, wait a month, downgrade. You should be able to do this 2-4 times a year.

Like the Aspire, try to time your last upgrade just before your AF date so you can get the Cat 6 cert and $300 credit.
So if I've already used the credit this probably won't work, correct. My AF just hit but I used the credit right after my anniversary to take advantage of an Amex offer.

This is actually a thing. There are lots of reasons, I think, for this. Main reason might be insurance. It’s ridiculous to add teens. Ours doubled when we added our dd19 when she was 17yo. Add a boy at 16yo and you need a second job!
nope.... the boy needs a job! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: which is a reason why both of mine delayed getting their licenses for a while.... (mean parents here) fortunately for them we live within easy bike access of many things including p/t jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter