I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a reservation first weekend in Dec. for a Pirate room at CBR but now my kids have a concert the Saturday night and I would have to leave 2 of them. I’m thinking of just going to MVMCP on Friday and heading home Saturday. What is this about internal buses? It might end up being just me and my 7 year old and not sure I want to do bus transfers after midnight and the party. I’ve never been to one of the parties.

Internal busses are super annoying...well to me anyways. Some people I guess don't mind. You don't have to transfer, just ride the loop with multiple stops to get back to your room.

At PO-R we were the last stop...after POFQ, and 4 internal stops. It took FOREVER. So I ended up just getting off at POFQ and walking to my room from there and that was faster but obviously not ideal.

Anyone get automatically upgraded to a Target MC? I got the letter that they were changing my card and I figured no big deal. I’ve had my Redcard forever and my dh was an AUer from when I opened the card. But this morning he got a Credit Karma email that he’d been added as an AUer to a Target account :oops: Kinda freaking out that this just ate up a 5/24 spot!!!
Wait, your debit card was upgraded? Surely not! I'd be furious.

I was looking at the getaway package which is $46/person for tubes, snorkeling, and biking. Do you think that’s too much? I didn’t even think to bring our own snorkel stuff
We bring our own snorkel stuff b/c the reused stuff grosses me out.
You can rent everything on the island, so I always wait til we get there and make sure it isn't a rainy day.

I have an offer on Amex - 15% back at Lowe’s (up to $15). I can buy a Disney gift card and it will be activated right?
Yep! This is an offer we all look forward to! Off to check my accounts!

ETA: Added it to my BBP and DH’s Biz Gold AU. Of course, it wasn’t on his Hilton Surpass that I am working on the MSR.
It was on all my MR cards (Plat, Biz Plat, BGR, Rose Gold, BBP), my wife’s Rose Gold AU, and my and DW’s Bonvoy cards. Added it to my BBP and her legacy Bonvoy (to put some spend on it).

Thanks for the tip @pinkxray! :thumbsup2
Yay, I had this offer! I've been getting mostly 'X number of additional MR points' offers, not the cash back type. I need to check dh's Gold asap.

Oooooh! My bad I had that confused. I'll go change my original post so it isn't confusing. I was thinking it was just the loop the bus made after getting back from the park. I had no idea PO had an internal bus.
Me neither! I never saw anything like that when I was there. Every bus I got on did the whole loop...internal stops and park, and sometimes POFQ too.

Garnet Hill customer service for the win! After a kind soul posted about the 25% off sale I sent an email asking if it was possible to adjust my purchase and a few hours later they replied yes!!!

Now I feel like I should order the wrap. Looks like it’s only about $6.95 in shipping if I decide to return.

Now I feel like I should order the wrap. Looks like it’s only about $6.95 in shipping if I decide to return.
You should! And I GH may be one of the few stores I'll order from that I can't return in store but the few times I've done returns with them, they've been great.

Last edited:
So if I've already used the credit this probably won't work, correct. My AF just hit but I used the credit right after my anniversary to take advantage of an Amex offer.

You’re still fine. You won’t be able to get a retention offer, obviously. But once you get your cat 6 cert, wait a few days, and then PC your card down to the basic SPG and wait for the upgrade offer to pop up.

You’re a perfect candidate. :)

Small note to anyone who has a Bonvoy Brilliant:

Posting here and not reddit (don’t need it to get too big).

Consider asking for a retention offer when your AF comes up. Take the offer if they give one and hit the requirements. Additionally, get the Cat 6 cert, use the $300 credit (gift card if nothing else), call to downgrade to the $95 regular after you’ve received everything- id wait over one month so you don’t receive the full refund.

At that point you’ll should get a partial refund of the $450 AF. Around $400. Then, wait for an upgrade offer to occur, which should happen soon. Currrently it’s an all time high of 125k pts.

You can do the same thing I and a few others currently do with the Aspire. Which is, upgrade, get pts, wait a month, downgrade. You should be able to do this 2-4 times a year.

Like the Aspire, try to time your last upgrade just before your AF date so you can get the Cat 6 cert and $300 credit.

Thanks @Andysol - Our own @Lain has covered this a few times. I'm sort of kicking myself for not asking for a retention offer before I paid my annual fee yesterday. I might do it anyway as I'm sure it hasn't posted to them yet as I did bill pay and it takes them a couple days.

I'm curious about this too... was it a debit card, @wendow?
Not a debit. Just the regular, old credit red card.

I’m shocked no one else seems to have gotten this upgrade. All the letters I received from target acted like this was done new thing that they were doing and all credit red cards were being changed.

Wait, what??? You eat Uncrustables??? My ds11 loved those until he was 9yo and then he quit eating them. I worry about you, girl.

I really like them too. hahaha
I don't buy them b/c they are expensive, but I would totally eat them if they were in the house. I bought a little kitchen thingy that I can make them myself now.

I have just the red card. I haven’t received an email. I hope mine doesn’t get changed and take a slot too.
That's what I have, too. To take a slot wouldn't they have to do a hard pull and wouldn't they have to ask you first? I haven't received any emails either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter