I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to call today! Good to know on the breakfast since we need one of the two later shows.

Do you know if we book today (and pay today) and a different place opens, can we cancel and rebook? Options are so limited right now 😐
I was able to pick any showtime in 2018 with a breakfast. Online seemed to randomly pick one for me.

You have 48 hours prior to the date for a full refund so you can absolutely cancel and rebook.

I bought a scale to use and lost it before our first trip. May have to get this one. I am an overpacker and both my kids are too. (I taught them well). At least going somewhere I know what something weighs but coming home is a different story. Last trip to Disney we get to the airport and the one bag was 49.7 lbs. Boy were we lucky...

Oh, so am I the only one out here just weighing myself and then picking up my luggage and figuring out the difference... :rotfl2:

Catching up here...

Received my Wells Fargo $400 Bank Bonus this week and the rest of the Discover Bank Bonus - $200 Total on that one.

Been Cancelling a bunch of cards between DH and Me this month. I don't like having a zillion cards open and if I am not going to use them then I am closing them (after a year of course).
I closed AMEX Gold Biz, AMEX Green Biz, CIP#1, Barclays AA Biz and soon to Cancel Citi AA Biz #3 (waiting to see if I actually get SUB on this)

DH Closed Barclay Arrival +, AMEX Green Biz, Barclay AA Biz and end of month closing CIP#2.

AMEX does not like us anyway so not going to keep cards I'm not using.

Trying to keep my Chase BIz cards to 2 or 3. So, I can get more. Need the SW Biz next month for sure. Also lowered limits on all Chase Biz Cards to be safe.

I also got the 15% Lowes deal on my Delta Gold and DH's Lowes card. Don't have a Disney trip planned right now so will probably get some other Gift Cards to give to the kids for Christmas. (They will die without their Chipotle at College and DS happens to live right above one)

Now to important issues:
Poptarts - Brown Sugar and Smores
Brownies - No nuts or frosting
Not a fan of pickles or toaster strudels.

just to double check my thinking, can someone please confirm my plan for SW Companion Pass:

My last card was CIP 7/31/2019 (met MSR today) - I'm currently 4/24 and will drop to 3/24 1/18/2020

Apply 10/1 for SW Performance Biz (spend $4500 before 12/31/19), finish last $500 around 1/15/2020

Wait 90 days between applications

Apply 1/1/2020 for SW Personal (RR Plus) and hit $1,000 MSR by 1/15

We travel 3/14/2020.....hoping I'd be able to get companion place in place in time to still book flights from CVG to Miami, FL for a cruise

Any red flags I'm missing?

No. Do NOT do this. You have 90 days after approval to meet the spend. You will need to meet it before Jan 1 if you are approved October 1. They used to give 115 days, but it seems they are sticking to 90 days now. I would not apply before October 15 to give yourself time in January to finish spend. Depending on when your accounts close, you may have a hard time getting CP before 3/14. Not impossible, but timing may be tricky. Hopefully if you hit spend right away on 2nd card you should have by end of February, but it does take time to get the cobranded cards mailed, I don't think they can be expedited.

I was able to pick any showtime in 2018 with a breakfast. Online seemed to randomly pick one for me.

You have 48 hours prior to the date for a full refund so you can absolutely cancel and rebook.
You said availability could change, right, as people cancel regular ADRs? Or this is as good as it’s gonna get??

Another question on getting a SW card. My oldest DD is going to apply for her first credit card on her own - she's been an AU on one of our cards for awhile. We checked her credit score and it's over 800, so she's good there. She just graduated from college in May and is working at her full time job now, so has good earnings at this point.

She is wanting to get a SW card and will actually be flying with them next weekend. Would her best bet be to wait until she is there and get the inflight offer? Is it still a little higher. I don't think she's ready to jump into a business card yet, so I really don't think a CP is in her future. Otherwise, I feel like applying for the card on 9/27 or 9/29 (the dates she will be flying) would be a little too soon to have the bonus post next year.

Any thoughts appreciated. I guess SW is an ok card for her first application?

Thanks!

just to double check my thinking, can someone please confirm my plan for SW Companion Pass:

My last card was CIP 7/31/2019 (met MSR today) - I'm currently 4/24 and will drop to 3/24 1/18/2020

Apply 10/1 for SW Performance Biz (spend $4500 before 12/31/19), finish last $500 around 1/15/2020

Wait 90 days between applications

Apply 1/1/2020 for SW Personal (RR Plus) and hit $1,000 MSR by 1/15

We travel 3/14/2020.....hoping I'd be able to get companion place in place in time to still book flights from CVG to Miami, FL for a cruise

Any red flags I'm missing?
Have you read my guide to the 2020/2021 Companion Pass on DISchurners?

It’s in the advanced strategies thread.

You said availability could change, right, as people cancel regular ADRs? Or this is as good as it’s gonna get??
It will definitely fluctuate! I remember being part of a December planning group in 2017 and we were testing cancelling regular reservations and picking them back up as CP ADRs. There are only so many seats, but it does seem that now that all the ADRs are released for the season a cancelled regular ADR could be picked up as a CP package.

@*WDW*Groupie* - I see that Ariana from Point Chaser went to the WA Maldives and posted a review. It looks AH-mazeballs but oh so spendy! Still, it's good to get a heads up on what to expect so I thought you'd appreciate the review.

https://www.pointchaser.com/waldorf-astoria-maldives-review/

Another lead foot here. Years ago I wound up getting 3 speeding tickets in one month. The third ticket was on the way to traffic school! 😆 I did not share that information with the cop.

Thanks for posting that! Looks AMAZING and dd and I are both looking forward to 7 nights (6 on points and 1 with the free weekend certificate) in April! I may upgrade to the reef villa for a few nights because dd wants the glass floor (I don't really care either way).

I assume you’re one of our regular members playing a joke? If so, yes - it’s funny but given the number of newbies we attract around here it’s probably better to just identify yourself so we can all get a good laugh and move on.

The Amex Rat cannot 'follow' itself. Click 'follow' and you'll narrow down the player pool.

Edit: I didn't think this one through, lol

Last edited:
It will definitely fluctuate! I remember being part of a December planning group in 2017 and we were testing cancelling regular reservations and picking them back up as CP ADRs. There are only so many seats, but it does seem that now that all the ADRs are released for the season a cancelled regular ADR could be picked up as a CP package.
I feel like I’m gonna have to camp out on the website! I’m really so bummed about my current choices and since we need 8 seats, I really don’t want to spend these prices eating food weren’t not even excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter