• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my luck this week finally appears to be turning around. The home warranty company just called and they are actually going to replace our whole heat pump and indoor unit! I can't believe it. I just knew I was going to have to engage in all out war with them in order to get this replaced and they just called said it's no problem. We are going to have to pay $1200 for some repairs to duct work and drain lines, which I know is accurate since a previous HVAC company had told us how messed up our drain lines were. I am waiting for them to call me back for a quote on upgrading our system to a better model. If it's not prohibitively expensive, then I'll go ahead and upgrade that as well.

Now to decide which card to put it on... or do I get a new card... :rolleyes:

I assume you’re one of our regular members playing a joke? If so, yes - it’s funny but given the number of newbies we attract around here it’s probably better to just identify yourself so we can all get a good laugh and move on.
Edited to read: The first time I saw the user name, I remembered some "flair" I saw on reddit...

Last edited:
I feel like I’m gonna have to camp out on the website! I’m really so bummed about my current choices and since we need 8 seats, I really don’t want to spend these prices eating food weren’t not even excited about.

What are your current choices?

I'm pretty sure that last year there was a point when a fair amount of reservations opened about a month or two out, but I don't know if that was planned or a glitch or what. Also, this is the first year that you have to pay in advance so I'm not sure how that might be affecting what's available (or becomes available).

I will say that the times we have eaten at the popular Epcot restaurants with the CP package, we have felt rushed and the food was not great (thinking specifically of Chefs de France and Le Cellier). I decided last time that if there is a next time, I will try to book Garden Grill.

Dh and I are debating going to the Halloween party tomorrow night. We went to two last year so we wouldn’t have a ton of must dos. The main things would be trick or treating, special snacks, the new fireworks show, and Winnie the Pooh m&g. There aren’t any good wdw hotel deals so we may just use URs for a DS hotel.

For lunch tomorrow I’m thinking we could use those dining gcs we got for Epcot from the pass holder deal. We’re thinking either garden grill or le cellier.

What do you guys think?

Plastiq. I read the primer over on Reddit and now I"m more confused. If I can't use it with a visa cc, is m/c gc the only way to fund it? And since mortgage is banned, the only way to try and pay something on it would be to get creative with the name? I wasn;t even going to try my main payment,I wanted to send in some extra. Please help clarify,I don't want to start playing and get caught with messing this up

You can pay a mortgage with a Masterard and I believe Discover. You can not pay a mortgage with Visa, but you can pay other things on Plastiq with a Visa. You do not need to get creative with name if you are paying with the correct card. I believe you can use the MCGCs but it will probably involve partial payments to your mortgage. You just need to find out what your company does with partial payments. Since you were not planning on paying full mortgage payment the MCGC may work fine for you. Hope that helped.

Every so often Garmin goes on sale, but it's not common. It will usually be the previous model shortly after the new one comes out, as well. Which one are you looking to buy? I went 645 to Fenix 5+ and now am very happy with the 945.

I've already got a garmin watch I wear when I run. I'm looking at thr vivoactive or whatever it's called 4. It's like the fitbit hr I have, skinny, counts steps, hr and sleep and I can wear it with my normal everyday watch that I prefer to wear. I figured they never really went on sale.

You can pay a mortgage with a Masterard and I believe Discover. You can not pay a mortgage with Visa, but you can pay other things on Plastiq with a Visa. You do not need to get creative with name if you are paying with the correct card. I believe you can use the MCGCs but it will probably involve partial payments to your mortgage. You just need to find out what your company does with partial payments. Since you were not planning on paying full mortgage payment the MCGC may work fine for you. Hope that helped.
thank you

What are your current choices?

I'm pretty sure that last year there was a point when a fair amount of reservations opened about a month or two out, but I don't know if that was planned or a glitch or what. Also, this is the first year that you have to pay in advance so I'm not sure how that might be affecting what's available (or becomes available).

I will say that the times we have eaten at the popular Epcot restaurants with the CP package, we have felt rushed and the food was not great (thinking specifically of Chefs de France and Le Cellier). I decided last time that if there is a next time, I will try to book Garden Grill.

If I put all 8 in one reservation, only Biergarten comes up.

Splitting 4/4:
For breakfast, we have GG and Ale & Compass

For lunch, we have Biergarten, GG, Marrakesh, R&C, 9dragons, Coral Reef, Spice Road, Ale & compass, Tokyo dining. Some only have one time so thinking there would only be one table for 4, not two tables for 4.

For dinner, Biergarten, GG, Coral Reef. That's it and the times are right in the middle of the CP. Nothing early like we'd need.

ETA: GG would be my choice too but not sure I want to do a character meal and not be sitting with all my kids.

@havaneselover @calypso726 @tink1970

Does Garnet Hill send a shipping update email? I received my order confirmation but nothing else. Thanks!
I'm not sure. I can only find the "Thank you for ordering" emails. I want to say I usually find out it's on it's way when I get an email from UPS. I think it ships from OH and tends to get to me in VA fairly quickly.

I'm not sure. I can only find the "Thank you for ordering" emails. I want to say I usually find out it's on it's way when I get an email from UPS. I think it ships from OH and tends to get to me in VA fairly quickly.

Thank you for the OH tip! I just received a UPS tracking email from cornerstone brands in OH. Maybe it’s that!

Splitting 4/4:

For lunch, we have Biergarten, GG, Marrakesh, R&C, 9dragons, Coral Reef, Spice Road, Ale & compass, Tokyo dining. Some only have one time so thinking there would only be one table for 4, not two tables for 4.

For dinner, Biergarten, GG, Coral Reef. That's it and the times are right in the middle of the CP. Nothing early like we'd need.

ETA: GG would be my choice too but not sure I want to do a character meal and not be sitting with all my kids.

I don't think dinner would work for you unless it's a very early dinner, since you have to eat before the CP.

I might still go with GG and think of any character pics as a bonus. Of your other choices, we have generally had good experiences at R&C but haven't tried it with the CP package.

Good luck! I think it's awesome your daughter is performing.

Splitting 4/4:

I would call, I really think it'll be easier. We were also able to combine our two adrs of 7 and 3 into one table whem we checked in
Not saying it'll always work but like the PP said, sorry I forgot who, the phone csr was able to note it all, which you can't do online.

I'd also do gg, fun and cheaper at breakfast. And even if you can't all sit together it's one meal AND it's your tickets to the CP, the meal and characters aren't the reason for being there.

Good news.

About 1am last night I bought Uni tickets on the UR portal. Since it was after midnight it wouldnt let me pick today 9/19, for pickup, I had to do 9/20. I decided to take the gamble because worst case we could use for MIL and Aunt. Was able to pick them up around 11am at the will call kiosk! That's just when we got over there, I imagine I could have tried earlier.

I don't think dinner would work for you unless it's a very early dinner, since you have to eat before the CP.

I might still go with GG and think of any character pics as a bonus. Of your other choices, we have generally had good experiences at R&C but haven't tried it with the CP package.

Good luck! I think it's awesome your daughter is performing.
All the dinners are 7:20 or later :(

My mom and stepdad are not adventurous eaters at all and I think R&C menu looks too weird for them lol. They live on Tex-Mex and Italian food so I really need Via Napoli or San Angel Inn. GG is probably the best option from what is available. There is only a 12:45 and 1:35 for lunch when I put in a party of 4. I'll call in a bit and see what wdw offers me over the phone. I noticed there was a number for dvc members to call. Not sure if that gives me any additional options...?

I would call, I really think it'll be easier. We were also able to combine our two adrs of 7 and 3 into one table whem we checked in
Not saying it'll always work but like the PP said, sorry I forgot who, the phone csr was able to note it all, which you can't do online.

I'd also do gg, fun and cheaper at breakfast. And even if you can't all sit together it's one meal AND it's your tickets to the CP, the meal and characters aren't the reason for being there.
I keep trying to remind myself of this but looking at Coral Reef's $74 pp x8 and that doesn't include tax or tip, I just about die lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter