I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
I've been following this thread for some time now. This is my first post and wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for all the helpful information regarding credit card rewards! My family has saved so much money on Disney/Universal trips. We were even lucky enough to book a free dining bounceback and then transfer it to Chase Cruise and Travel Dept. right before Chase decided to get rid of Disney. I'd love to join the private dischurners group on the more advanced strategies. I know I need to have ten posts first though. Hopefully I'm posting this correctly. If now please let me know by pointing me in the right direction. Thanks again!
You have met the 10 comment threshold but for some reason I still can’t PM you. Perhaps check your setting on the DIS and drop me a PM and I’ll get you setup with DISchurners :D

Is you concern the amount of MSR? If that’s not a problem you can definitely go for both. Chase won’t know about a Barclays biz card and Barclays won’t know about Chase. It’s not like you’re cheating on one with the other 🤣

The beauty of biz cards...have your cake and eat it too!!!
The MSR is a bit of a stretch, but honestly I just didn't think about applying for two cards at once. Clearly I've been out of this game for too long!

Ooo, this is tempting! Too bad I literally just applied for CIP, lol. I could apply DW though. We fly JetBlue pretty frequently but haven't gotten one of their cards yet. I kept missing out on the good offers, or didn't want to use a 5/24 slot for the personal version. DW has a Barclay's AAviator Business card (from the 60K miles for one purchase offer); are they stingy about approving for more than one business card?
I am not a Barclays (Bar Cray Cray) expert, but I think there are DPs all over the place! From what I have read, I think it is hard to get approved for 3+ cards with Barcays open at the same time. Some have been denied numerous times and finally approved with very low limits. I think some have even cancelled and applied for new cards and had better chances of getting approved. (not necessarily suggesting this, just reiterating what I have seen/read).

Amex Plat retention has been pretty generous lately. saw a couple of 50k with no point spendings, saw a few $500 statement credit. there are some xxk points for xx spendings as well too.
DH got that one (the $50K for nothing) but he's been a long time customer and puts decent spend on his. Mine has had spend each month (I try for a least a few hundred dollars but don't always get that high) so I'm going to try but not assume I'll get anything. Also the first time he called they offered him nothing, but then a week later gave him the 50K but I'm not sure why the timing mattered.

Thank you for giving me hope. I'll keep it if they give me a decent offer.
My AF just hit but I am keeping it and never thought of a potential retention offer. I don't put much spend on it so I think they would probably be like "ok thanks bye" if I called to cancel. Is it worth trying to fake them? I definitely do not want to close it.
Looks like leaving bna on 10/30 or 11/2 would have Kids fly free ($36 fare) with return on 11/6 ($36) 11/7 ($187) or 11/9 ($36) all with kids fly free.
Discount den savings of $40.61 each way. Subtotal was $71.98
Hope this helps!
What is Discount Den? I have never heard of it.

Ooo, this is tempting! Too bad I literally just applied for CIP, lol. I could apply DW though. We fly JetBlue pretty frequently but haven't gotten one of their cards yet. I kept missing out on the good offers, or didn't want to use a 5/24 slot for the personal version. DW has a Barclay's AAviator Business card (from the 60K miles for one purchase offer); are they stingy about approving for more than one business card?
That does look like a good offer. Something I would consider too. I like the fact that you get Anniversary points if you keep the card too like SW,

Thank you for your input (and other hotel idea) I'd love to know what activities on Oahu are favorites of everyones. I will keep looking at DisChurners to see if anyone post some more stuff :-)
My 1st trip we stayed 9 nights the 2nd trip we stayed 13 nights and never left the island, which is sad because my high school bestie lives in Kauai. But I love Aulani and really crave downtime from a too hectic work life so I am kind of greedy about not being away from the resort too long. I will be taking the family in 2022 (unless one of my DD has another baby in the meantime) and still have no desire to leave the island, just a different perspective than most HI visitors I think. I would do all of the below again except Pearl Harbor.

Kualoa Ranch - great for multiple interests - I zipped lined and my BFF took the sustainable farm bus tour (she's a hobby farmer and hates heights) we also did one of the boat tours but would not do that again. There is a better zip line place a little further north if you are both interested in zip lining I would go to that one.
North Shore - we continued on to the North Shore from Kualoa Ranch. This will take you past a couple of the popular shrimp trucks and the turtle bay.
Pearl Harbor - 100% worth it
Swap Meet - really fun couple of hours some great deals on things I have not and probably never will use :)
Waimea Falls - love it for ease of access and ease of hike
Waikiki - fun to walk the beach, shops and grab a bite to eat
Ala Moana mall near Waikiki - awesome mall bought some things at Nordstoms and had them shipped home also had a good lunch just don't remember where.

On the last visit I did see a whale breach while sitting on my balcony, so cool. Also American Idol filmed there, while it was annoying that their stage took away from the natural ocean view (it didn't obstruct it though) it was fun to listen and see the contestants out and about for those few days.

You have met the 10 comment threshold but for some reason I still can’t PM you. Perhaps check your setting on the DIS and drop me a PM and I’ll get you setup with DISchurners :D
Thanks so much for trying! I can't get it to work either. When I click on your name to message you my only option is to ignore or follow you. There is no button to start a conversation with. I also checked my settings. The only notifications I turned off were for email. There was something that says allow users to start conversations with you and I have the members only boxed checked. Do you know if there is another area in settings that applies to PM that I may have missed? Thanks again for all the help. I'm not sure if it has to do with me creating a new account yesterday? I have been a member since 2016 but I had to create a new account because you can't change your username. It was my first and last name and I didn't want to use that. lol

Thanks so much for trying! I can't get it to work either. When I click on your name to message you my only option is to ignore or follow you. There is no button to start a conversation with. I also checked my settings. The only notifications I turned off were for email. There was something that says allow users to start conversations with you and I have the members only boxed checked. Do you know if there is another area in settings that applies to PM that I may have missed? Thanks again for all the help. I'm not sure if it has to do with me creating a new account yesterday? I have been a member since 2016 but I had to create a new account because you can't change your username. It was my first and last name and I didn't want to use that. lol

I’m not a PM expert but here are my settings that allow me to PM.

71667027-1B5F-4E8D-8338-F4FBDCE68BB4.png

My AF just hit but I am keeping it and never thought of a potential retention offer. I don't put much spend on it so I think they would probably be like "ok thanks bye" if I called to cancel. Is it worth trying to fake them? I definitely do not want to close it.

What is Discount Den? I have never heard of it.
When I called for a retention offer last year on my Chase SW card...I didn’t mention cancelling right away...just said I was trying to decide if I should keep the card or not and asked if there were any offers on it....not sure if Amex works the same way

Discount Den how you get Frontier Airlines lowest prices....sorry don’t fly them so don’t know much about it

Thank you for your input (and other hotel idea) I'd love to know what activities on Oahu are favorites of everyones. I will keep looking at DisChurners to see if anyone post some more stuff :-)

Did anyone tell you to eat at Duke's? You must. It's beachfront Waikiki. I'm a vegetarian, but DH LOVES the pulled pork. You HAVE to get the Hula Pie. GIGANTIC ice cream dessert. https://www.dukeswaikiki.com/hula-pie/

Sounds like us. It is tempting. But we have a SW biz and a CIU that were just approved and coming in this week. And DH's last card was the Barclay's AA biz.

If you haven't called to confirm they received your app you might want to consider that.
Huh maybe. They pulled my credit and everything so I just thought there would be an app. I am pretty busy this week but I may be able to give them a call Thursday or Friday. I was hoping this would be easy...

I know there is a delay after hitting 10 posts (1 hour is what I have read but it took longer than that when I joined) before you can PM and I am guessing it is just delayed. Hope it shows up soon for you!

Did anyone tell you to eat at Duke's? You must. It's beachfront Waikiki. I'm a vegetarian, but DH LOVES the pulled pork. You HAVE to get the Hula Pie. GIGANTIC ice cream dessert. https://www.dukeswaikiki.com/hula-pie/

Never been to Hawaii but the fact that Jimmy (Buffett) has a song "Dukes on Sunday" means I'll be going to Dukes when I do go to Hawaii, LOL

I am not a Barclays (Bar Cray Cray) expert, but I think there are DPs all over the place! From what I have read, I think it is hard to get approved for 3+ cards with Barcays open at the same time. Some have been denied numerous times and finally approved with very low limits. I think some have even cancelled and applied for new cards and had better chances of getting approved. (not necessarily suggesting this, just reiterating what I have seen/read).
DH and I have 3. He has two personal and one biz. I have one personal and was approved for the 2nd Biz yesterday after a verification/grilling phone call. My credit limits are not low. His Biz is only $1k, but his personal are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter