• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never tried them, but I heard they don't work. I will say, I have an essential oils recipe for a bug spray that is AMAZING! I'm a buffet to mosquitos. I can easily get hundreds of bites in a few minutes. The spray I have keeps them from landing and biting. I bring it to my 14yo's soccer games/tournaments and even the coach was shocked how well it worked, LOL. He's like normally I'd be covered in bites, but this stuff works! And I LOVE that I don't feel yucky/gross using it, so I don't need a shower, LOL.
The bracelets have such good reviews so idk if I should get them or not.

ETA: Argh trying to fix...

@PolyRob

More Cricut Projects!

View attachment 444678

View attachment 444680

View attachment 444681

The invitations were pocketfolds I made with it, plus the Save the Dates and the one on the left was a gift card holder - we gave everyone who came a Disney GC as a favor.

View attachment 444682

View attachment 444684

OMG! Amazing! My jaw is on the floor.

Does anyone here use a Cricut?

No Cricut but I run Lasers, 3D printer and CNC machines. DW had the original Cricut but now uses a Silhouette. I run a Glowforge Laser, CNC machine, as well as 3D printers and all sorts of stuff. Turning DD in to a maker, we're working on robot arms right now actually! She has a five day weekend so I printed up a bunch of parts and we're going to try to make a gripper arm this weekend. Made this on the laser for DW, its out of acrylic and is about 11" tall.

No Cricut but I run Lasers, 3D printer and CNC machines. DW had the original Cricut but now uses a Silhouette. I run a Glowforge Laser, CNC machine, as well as 3D printers and all sorts of stuff. Turning DD in to a maker, we're working on robot arms right now actually! She has a five day weekend so I printed up a bunch of parts and we're going to try to make a gripper arm this weekend. Made this on the laser for DW, its out of acrylic and is about 11" tall.

View attachment 444693
My DH wants a CNC sooooooo bad!

I appreciate your wise words and you are correct. I’ve never asked for money from my mom in my adult life. I should not have to hide this. I just don’t want to hear the constant nagging about it. Why we did it, are we gonna lose money, what were we thinking, don’t we want to visit more places than just Disney, and it would go on and on and never stop. Every conversation. All the time. So I just stay 🤐
I totally get this, sounds like my mom. Although now that she knows, I get the when can I go with you comments along with the nagging. :rolleyes2

Finally got the email to add someone to my Platinum account and get 5,000 MRs. Now I can get my GE! It says limit 20,000 MR. I take it that means I can add both my kids and get 5,000 MRs for each?

ETA: If only I could get an upgrade offer on my BCE I'd be super happy:)

You may already know this, but there's a $175 AF for adding Plat AU as Plat (up to 3 on 1 AF). You can also add Plat AU as Gold for free. I got the same e-mail and it mentions that option, so I would think it qualifies for the offer as well. Plat AU as Gold will get the GE credit, but not the lounge benefit.

My DH wants a CNC sooooooo bad!

Have him check out Inventables, a small company out of Chicago that has hobby CNC machines at a really decent price! I have the 1000x1000 model but have done a lot of upgrades to it. I have to admit once I got the Glowforge Laser I don't use the CNC as much. Its just so easy to toss a board it and go. Here is something I made DD's teacher... Solid walnut, OMG it smelled SOOO good!

Have him check out Inventables, a small company out of Chicago that has hobby CNC machines at a really decent price! I have the 1000x1000 model but have done a lot of upgrades to it. I have to admit once I got the Glowforge Laser I don't use the CNC as much. Its just so easy to toss a board it and go. Here is something I made DD's teacher... Solid walnut, OMG it smelled SOOO good!

View attachment 444697
That's amazing!

DH wanted one anyways, and then a coworker got one :rolleyes:

I'm curious, how much space does yours take up then? We are low on space currently which is part of our problem...

I feel like my Informed Delivery is confused. I didn't get the email until 3pm yesterday and it told me zero things but I got home and had a ton of stuff in the mailbox. I haven't gotten an email yet today, normally it comes around 9am for me, and when I login it says 13 things today but no images... And it's definitely today as in Wednesday because it has Monday, Yesterday, Today...

So my way reservation for parking at dca said it was canceled but never showed the refund. Called today and they never cancelled even though I have the email saying It’s cancelled. Another 5-7 days to see if it credits my card. I can’t remember which card I used the CIP or CSR so I need them to credit it so I can use it for my trip. Don’t want to have to owe ur

Finally popping by to say a huge THANK YOU to all the travel hacking gurus on the board for sharing all your expertise here— And a special shout out to @SouthFayetteFan for the PMs of encouragement and guidance he sent. I applied for my very first biz card - the SW- on 10/11, got the two week message and was finally! approved on 10/14. I wasn’t very hopeful since I only have a very small “biz” and I was truthful about tiny revenue and how long I’ve had the business. I think my personal income and high credit score won the day, but I was still surprised and elated when I heard the magic approval message. Now I just have to be careful to finish up the spend in January, apply for the next SW card in three months and we’ll have a CP! Woohoo! DH and I are retiring (Feds) at the end of 2019 so I think we’ll be able to use the heck out of the CP in 2020 and 2021.

You may already know this, but there's a $175 AF for adding Plat AU as Plat (up to 3 on 1 AF). You can also add Plat AU as Gold for free. I got the same e-mail and it mentions that option, so I would think it qualifies for the offer as well. Plat AU as Gold will get the GE credit, but not the lounge benefit.
Yes. I'm doing gold for both kids and will use that for my GE.

Doesn’t say only 1 per day. So I’m going to try it out next week for DH and I. I don’t fly enough to use all 365 but it’s nice having them

Tag me once you find out if you remember! My trip is not until June.

That's amazing!

DH wanted one anyways, and then a coworker got one :rolleyes:

I'm curious, how much space does yours take up then? We are low on space currently which is part of our problem...

This is a bit hard to answer, I have a large wood working shop (About ~1500 sqft) so I have things spread out. I have the machine on a 4'x4' table then a full shop dust collection system, tho you can just put a shop vac under the table for the machine. Dust collection is EXTREMELY important! Shoot me a PM if you have more detailed questions.

Edit, They have multiple sizes, I just went with the largest. Cut area is about 32" square.

I feel like my Informed Delivery is confused. I didn't get the email until 3pm yesterday and it told me zero things but I got home and had a ton of stuff in the mailbox. I haven't gotten an email yet today, normally it comes around 9am for me, and when I login it says 13 things today but no images... And it's definitely today as in Wednesday because it has Monday, Yesterday, Today...

Do you have their mobile app? I didn't like the emails and now just use the app. You can pull up what would be in the email and go back a week as well as it shows you packages in route to your address.

I'm SURE this has been covered before, but can we talk card cancellations?

I'm relatively new to the credit card game, and am trying to figure out the best strategy on dealing with credit cards long term ("long term" meaning "once the next AF hits"). When/how do you usually cancel the cards that you don't want to keep?

I got two SW personal cards and one SW biz card 2 years ago. After the AF for each of them hit my statement, I called to cancel them, and got the AF refunded. Is that generally the way to go? All of my cards are Chase cards, so I don't want to risk angering them by closing too many accounts.

For reference, I closed the 3 SW accounts over the course of January-March 2019. I've got a CIP I'll want to close Feb. 2020, another Chase card I'll want to close July 2020, and a SW performance business card I'll want to close Oct. 2020. In the midst of all of this, I plan to apply for either a SW personal card in Jan 2020 OR a SW Premier business card in Feb 2020. Then I want to apply for a CSR 3 months later, so Spring 2020.

Would love any thoughts/suggestions from the pros.

Last edited:
ETA: Argh trying to fix... Fixed!

I was curious what other responses you might get so I got caught up before answering. :D I have the original Explore with a Bluetooth adapter so I don't have to use the cord (that was what Air meant in the newer ones, just that Bluetooth was built in). It's great and I use it for papercraft, scrapbooking, shirts. I've done a couple vinyl projects like making decals for everyone's cups for our cruise this past summer. I highly recommend a heat press for shirts, it's a huge difference over an iron. I went with Cricut's original when I got a deal right after the 2nd version came out. I wouldn't necessarily be stuck on Cricut's, I think other brands may work too but Cricut was good for me currently because I am low on space.

I want a Maker really badly, but haven't pulled the trigger on paying for one. It can also do more fabrics, craft wood, craft leather, crepe paper... I would read up a bit on the other materials it can do. Are they features you would use? If you're looking mainly at vinyl/shirts, an Explore Air 2 may work just fine for you. For me, a Maker would have saved me time on my wedding crafts - especially my paper flower bouquets :) I could have cut ALL of the flower pieces with a Maker vs maybe 1/3 of them with my Explore.

Bahahahhaha I love the Christmas vacation ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter