I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats this about 10% points rebate? That's on the $49 card? Is that new?
My AF is due on both of our $49 cards and I just can't decide what the heck to do with them at this point.
That's the $49 Select card, and not new. When you book with points, after your stay is completed you get 10% of the points back.

It works for me because we always have a couple nights every year we spend in a hotel. I have not seen a hotel room for less than $50 in forever (or maybe ever, I really don't remember spending less than 50/night) so even if I'm not getting an awesome deal out of it, it beats paying cash instead. If you don't, and have to think about where to spend the certificates, then it's not so cut and dry.

That's the $49 Select card, and not new. When you book with points, after your stay is completed you get 10% of the points back.

It works for me because we always have a couple nights every year we spend in a hotel. I have not seen a hotel room for less than $50 in forever (or maybe ever, I really don't remember spending less than 50/night) so even if I'm not getting an awesome deal out of it, it beats paying cash instead. If you don't, and have to think about where to spend the certificates, then it's not so cut and dry.
Interesting, I haven't ever noticed that I got 10% of my points back. Of course I can't look back that far in my account to confirm.

Yes, crazy about the price, right? That is why I would consider this for the difference. Camel Camel Camel shows the lowest it sold for was $150 so I will watch it!
I think I picked mine up right around when the new version came out so I lucked out there.

OK so I've been following this thread pretty closely since the end of May, and I just have to share that I have either mis-read a few of your user names, or I've made up stuff in my head that I'm clearly not even pronouncing right.

@DisneyMandC - I always think of Disney Mac and Cheese. I'm sure "M" and "C" are likely initials, but that's just what I thought and it has stuck!
@elgerber - Until I tagged you in the last post, I was reading "EL BERGER"
@LilSweetPeaPhoto - For some reason I am reading "lil sweet pea hot pot" (I swear I'm not dyslexic!)
@Alexle2007 - I am reading "Alex El 2007"

Am I the only one? Please tell me I'm not the only one....

*sigh* I'm probably the only one.

I swear I do know how to read!

I'm trying to remember where the Staples are in my hometown, wonder if I can convince DH to stop before we drive home... lol. I will just use these for our car payment on Plastiq, if I can get any. On the last $200 VGC deal the employees were saying that 'so and so' (assuming a manager...) doesn't want them selling those anymore.

I would like to get DH a short term life insurance policy. We have a bigger house and another kid since the last time we looked at our insurance needs.

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies to look into? We have USaa for his current short term policy but to up it to the amount I would like to have is more than I was expecting.

OK so I've been following this thread pretty closely since the end of May, and I just have to share that I have either mis-read a few of your user names, or I've made up stuff in my head that I'm clearly not even pronouncing right.

@DisneyMandC - I always think of Disney Mac and Cheese. I'm sure "M" and "C" are likely initials, but that's just what I thought and it has stuck!
@LilSweetPeaPhoto - For some reason I am reading "lil sweet pea hot pot" (I swear I'm not dyslexic!)

That's okay, lots of people read my username as Am Alone :rotfl: I'm not lonely I promise! How could I be lonely when I have all of you CC thread friends? 😁

That's okay, lots of people read my username as Am Alone :rotfl: I'm not lonely I promise! How could I be lonely when I have all of you CC thread friends? 😁

You beat me to it, I was going to let @ten6mom know how sad I am when I type your name... 😝 Poor girl, she's alone even with her pedo van driving husband...

This one! I always just see it as Disney Mac and Cheese!

Yeah I have done dozens of the acrylic lights. In fact I have more stock of acrylic than wood at this point I love working with it. You do any robotics lessons with OS kits? Looking for some projects to do with DD7 who is very much into robots and making things. We just got the JJRobots arm so printed that this week and we started assembling it yesterday. I found full kits but she thinks it so much more fun to print or cut everything ourselves.

Carvey uses the same software ect if you go stock but I have ventured out to Aspire and PicSender for GCode streaming. However since I got the laser I have not done much on the CNC. Acrylic is just so much fun.

I earned "suck up" points making my principal a light for his desk. My kids want me to make them some. I'm too lazy to always draw the designs in CAD, so I've been buying files off etsy, LOL.

I've not used those kits. We have Vex and Lego Mindstorms. We did buy Ozobots a few years back but haven't really done anything with them either. I need to use more of the crap I have, LOL.

I have my seniors "make a tile" on the carvey to hang on my wall before they leave. So the online software works. I could get G Code from Inventor HSM, I just haven't gone there yet. LOL.

My Architecture students use my lasers more than anyone. I have the 2 universals ($35k lasers) but I'm still debating getting a glowforge this year. The kids like that it can scan your design and then cut it. Here's one of the models a senior did. She was ROBBED at our state competition, LOL.
GraceFirehouse.jpg

Well some might argue I am a hot pot, LOL

@LilSweetPeaPhoto Nice. I have a Glowfoge and love it, like I said it gets all the attention now. If you need a referral code let me know, Maybe I can get @SouthFayetteFan to add a Other section on DISchurners. It too is online software, It is very easy to use. Shoot me a message if you have any questions about it.

So back to Southwest CP...So I got approved for a card even though I applied only one month after my CIP. Now, I need another card to make 125 points. I'm really not sure about applying again in December given that I will have 3 new chase business cards since September. On the other hand, I will have need of a CP sometime in February. What do you guys think about the velocity? what can I get away with? BTW, I am only 1/24 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter