I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DisneyMandC - I always think of Disney Mac and Cheese. I'm sure "M" and "C" are likely initials, but that's just what I thought and it has stuck!
This one! I always just see it as Disney Mac and Cheese!

Too funny!! I don't think anyone here has ever said that :rotfl: I do love some mac and cheese (did someone say Homecomin'?), but they are initials lol

@LilSweetPeaPhoto Nice. I have a Glowfoge and love it, like I said it gets all the attention now. If you need a * code let me know, Maybe I can get @SouthFayetteFan to add a Other section on DISchurners. It too is online software, It is very easy to use. Shoot me a message if you have any questions about it.
I sent DH to the GlowForge site and now he wants one. He remembered looking at Inventables. His coworker has the X carve.

I think you could put your support code ;) on the misc section for links, there's some links like that there.

I sent DH to the GlowForge site and now he wants one. He remembered looking at Inventables. His coworker has the X carve.

I think you could put your support code ;) on the misc section for links, there's some links like that there.

The Glowforge is fun, Some things to remember it needs to vent outside. Don't buy their hype for the filter, its not going to work the way you want unless you are very aware of what you are using. Meaning that woods with a lot of sap or glue (Like MDF) will fill it FAST, things like acrylic you will get a little better milage if you pre-filter the dust. The replacement filters are $250! So your best bet is to make sure you can vent out a window or I put a dryer vent on the side of my house out from the basement to vent. It has a scan feature thats really cool, I had DD draw something for mothers day and scanned it in the machine and etched it on a tile. Speaking of tile, this was done on a large (Like 10" x 20") tile from HomeDepot for DW's classroom. Used a varied etch to make the different shades in the tile.

@LilSweetPeaPhoto Nice. I have a Glowfoge and love it, like I said it gets all the attention now. If you need a referral code let me know, Maybe I can get @SouthFayetteFan to add a Other section on DISchurners. It too is online software, It is very easy to use. Shoot me a message if you have any questions about it.

I have an educational discount when/if I pull the trigger. I'm trying to decide between the top level and the mid. I doubt I'll ever need the pass thru feature. Like I said, I have the universals so I got the "big daddy" lasers already. And my legit CNC is 3'x4' so I'm thinking I can get away w/ the mid level. Which do you have?

OK so I've been following this thread pretty closely since the end of May, and I just have to share that I have either mis-read a few of your user names, or I've made up stuff in my head that I'm clearly not even pronouncing right.

@DisneyMandC - I always think of Disney Mac and Cheese. I'm sure "M" and "C" are likely initials, but that's just what I thought and it has stuck!
@elgerber - Until I tagged you in the last post, I was reading "EL BERGER"
@LilSweetPeaPhoto - For some reason I am reading "lil sweet pea hot pot" (I swear I'm not dyslexic!)
@Alexle2007 - I am reading "Alex El 2007"

Am I the only one? Please tell me I'm not the only one....

*sigh* I'm probably the only one.

I swear I do know how to read!

M & C is Milk and Cookies in my mind. lol

You beat me to it, I was going to let @ten6mom know how sad I am when I type your name... 😝 Poor girl, she's alone even with her pedo van driving husband...
Ok for those that don't understand the thing about @amalone1013 and the pedo van.... (We have a lot of new people around here) - read this below.

Also side note: DISchurners news thread for the win! I was able to find this in a matter of seconds!!

EDIT: you should really expand this comment below and check out the awesome van...there's a picture!
Ok... here with go with our cars.

I'm on my third Camry in my 12th year of driving. That sounds so wrong, doesn't it? I got my mom's 98 Camry as a hand me down when I turned 16... would have drove that thing forever (white, leather, sunroof, spoiler, tinted windows... parents got it after it had been leased new by a dealership employee for 1-2yrs). I was home for the summer from college at 20 when I left the sunroof open over night, the only time I've ever done that in my life, and some kid

SET IT ON FIRE

:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Yeah. Still have pictures of that damage. It was awful, it was in such good shape and 150k miles. I still get upset when I see similar ones on the road.

Then I had a Pontiac Grand Am from the As-Is trade in row at the Honda dealer, to take back to school, for about a year. Poor car was junk, and someone hit it and busted the taillight while it was parked at my apartment.

Then I got a 2003 Camry we bought from my cousin... had that for a few years, it needed some minor work that my dad would not do (and wouldn't let DH do for stupid reasons... :sad2:) which turned into problems ignored that turned into major problems. I'd have to stop to add oil multiple times driving it back to NE. Originally I wanted to buy it off my dad, but after all that and some other drama going on, I went car shopping.

And now I have a 2016 Camry, sunroof, leather, heated seats. Pearl white. And I've never giving it up! But I might get the windows tinted :)

DH shared a 90s Ford Tbird with his brothers in high school, then had a Buick Park Avenue Electra (man he misses that car still :laughing:), an old Dodge Van, drove his mom's old Ford Taurus after his brother was done with it for a bit, then his dad's old 90s Ford Ranger for a bit, then a Ford Fusion, and now a Ford F150.

They're a Ford family.

Seriously, DH drove this creeper van in college and I still started dating him :rotfl2:

bDJDnDIl.jpg

And because it's on my mind now... RIP first Camry... I miss you :sad:
Hhmh3gZl.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to chat Amex about my $7 that didn’t show up from my FedEx 25% offer for a purchase back in June. The told me my FedEx Shipping charge didn’t qualify because the merchant, FedEx Shipping, didn’t qualify... 20 mins later they have opened a “priority” (yeah, sure) investigation- into my missing $7 credit. Holy smokes Amex, investigating for $7 on an offer is literally going to cost you more than just issuing a courtesy credit and moving on... I wish I hadn’t wasted my time complaining about this actually...

One more post on my trip then I swear, I'll zip my lips about travel until March!🤐

I flew from DUB for a couple of reasons:
1) found super cheap biz seat- 37.5K after 40% MR bonus
2) DUB has US border preclearance. What is this? You essentially clear immigration prior to your flight so upon arrival, instead of clearing immigration and then reclaiming luggage and then rechecking it, you're free to just get to your next flight or finish travel. It's also found in Shannon (Ireland), some airports in Canada as well as in Bermuda, a couple in the Bahamas and Abu Dhabi. It just makes the hassle prior to flying vice after. Having GE makes it much faster although you do have to remember that you'll go through security screening again so don't buy large quantities of alcohol in the main terminal, lol.

After you're in the "US" there is only one Lounge- 51st and Green-which serves essentially all business class passengers. Lucky did a review so if you're interested, here it is:

https://onemileatatime.com/us-pre-clearance-lounge-dublin-review/
I was there for lunch so there was a soup, two types of chili (veg and meat) and some salads. The vegetarian chili was quite good, as was the wheat bread with delicious Irish butter (better than the French butter, imho). I had several mini cans of diet coke and was able to rest, recharge (literally and figuratively) and spend time in a quiet environment prior to my flight. It's not a fancy lounge and no made to order guacamole station (which is now how I set the bar, lol) but quite good for my needs.

If you're thinking of returning to the US from Europe, then Dublin is a reasonable choice.

This is great! Thank you so much for sharing the info about customs and the lounge. It sounds like a good way to get home!

Ok for those that don't understand the thing about @amalone1013 and the pedo van.... (We have a lot of new people around here) - read this below.

Also side note: DISchurners news thread for the win! I was able to find this in a matter of seconds!!

EDIT: you should really expand this comment below and check out the awesome van...there's a picture!
This meme's for you @amalone1013

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

It also took me a long time to figure out @1st*toright :)
I thought it said tonight lol
Ha! I was trying to come up with something anonymous and disney-ish, but never thought that anyone would actually pay any attention to me and care - I was a newbie asking which fast pass I should go for planning my first trip. Had no idea I would get sucked in and post on a practically daily basis :confused3

@PolyRob you
So all the crafting (Cricut, etc) posts have me wondering (I am NOT a crafty person AT ALL so I don't have anything like that)...

I had a t shirt that I love, (it's an Oxford Comma shirt that my mom ordered for me some time ago), but the shirt itself wasn't very good quality. I have a neighbor who "makes" t shirts (not sure what machine/device she uses) and she said she could duplicate the words and the design on the front, but it's not screen printing (obviously), so I notice that while the shirt itself is a stretchy material, whatever she used to actually make the design out of does NOT stretch, thereby making a sort of weird fit.

Is this just how it is with that type of machine? Can the experts here chime in?
Depends on the vinyl used. You could always do fabric instead of vinyl

Bug soap? That sounds very interesting, do you know what the active ingredient is?

When did you get approved? I see mine in my Chase account so I know it should be here soon. I am just anxious to order couches for the vaca house so they are delivered when the contractor is at the house. Otherwise I'm going to have to arrange for someone else to go over there and wait. The long distance thing is more problematic than I anticipated, mostly because I'm all but out of vacation time.
Basin mosquito soap.
applied 10/4
Approved 10/6

Do you have any Family Dollar or Dollar General stores near? You can use MCGCs there and just as easy as Walmart. I prefer FD because at the DGs here I have to hand them my serve card to swipe behind the counter. I'm lucky. I have 5 FD/DGs in a 10 mile stretch on my way home from work.
I’ve never actually been in a family dollar before. I’ll have to see if we have one around here. Walmart is just so close to us and easier. I won’t do dollar general. It’s sketchy as heck

Yesterday, before the news came out about the CP, I was trying to convince DH that we should get the 80,000 SW offer. I still want one!

I just got a CIP in August, so I am a bit nervous to try for another Biz so soon. Although, I could get a personal card next since I finally got under 5/24 this summer.

DH got his last CIP in May, so that is OK but he has 3 total Chase Biz cards now.

What do we think about DH getting another biz card from Chase? Is there a limit on how many he can have open? His credit limits are not crazy, since we lowered them a bit before applying for the last one. To get the CP, he would probably need to apply for another one before the end of the year but he is under 5/24 now, so he could always do a personal instead.

Thoughts?

Also, I got the 80,000 link from DoC. Seems like this is still good and better than a referral link, correct?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reading this thread sent me off to check my email. If points no longer expire, that decreases my need to hold a SW CC at all. I have so many URs I can use them when I need to book with points. DH and I don't fly together on SW often enough to make the CP of value to us.

DH upgraded to Priority last year, 7500 bonus points awarded on Jan statement, AF hit on March 1. I'm not sure when the darn travel credit resets, it definitely did not in March. Can't find it online, perhaps I will SM them. Since Oct 30 is the next opening date for May travel, I need to know if I should pay with the card to get the credit before I cancel or use points!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter