• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So each member of my family just received another email from SW, this time with a $200 LUV voucher. So now we’ve each received $100 and $200 vouchers to make up for Thursday’s flight delay. I can’t imagine SW intended to do that, but I will gladly accept the error in our favor.

DH has agreed to apply for a southwest personal card. Trying to decide which card he should apply for:

• $69 fee 50k in flight offer, $2k msr. 3k anniversary pts
  • $149 fee 50k in flight offer, $2k msr, 4 upgraded boarding positions, $75 travel credit, 7500 ann pts
  • $99 fee 40k referral from me, 10k referral pts for me, 6k ann pts

It seems like the $69 card is the simplest way to go, but we do have flights coming up that we need to add EBCI for, so wondered if the travel credit would work for that, if paid for on his card even though booked with my RR points. Also not sure what the upgraded boardings really mean either. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks! :goodvibes
The 40k offer has a lower MSR if that matters at all (and you still get 50k pts all in) but it’s a higher AF.

DH has agreed to apply for a southwest personal card. Trying to decide which card he should apply for:

• $149 fee 50k in flight offer, $2k msr, 4 upgraded boarding positions, $75 travel credit, 7500 ann pts

It seems like the $69 card is the simplest way to go, but we do have flights coming up that we need to add EBCI for, so wondered if the travel credit would work for that, if paid for on his card even though booked with my RR points. Also not sure what the upgraded boardings really mean either. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks! :goodvibes
The upgraded boarding is the A1-15 boarding spots you can purchase at the gate. With them, you don’t need to purchase EBCI.i think when I did the upgraded boarding in Jan when we charged our Orlando flight last minute, it was $40 each for DS and me.

I try to check them every week. I'll buy chicken or beef if it's a good sale because I know a night will come that we will want it and I don't want to pay regular price. DH was just laughing because I was mad the stupid coupon wouldn't come up like it was supposed to, and it wasn't in the app just looking through the categories either. So after about 5min standing there he was like, what do you make an hour at work? :P Since it was still a good sale price vs $5.99 for a 12 pack when not on sale :faint:
Our freezer is ridiculously full of chicken, pork, and hamburger. I just kept buying it in bulk on sale but it’s gotten to the point where we have too much so I’ve stopped buying it for awhile

I put the safeway app on my phone when they had the no fee cards a fee weeks ago. Now I'm bombarded with safeway offers so I check them all and add them. So, if I happen to buy something that has an offer, I'm covered - I think! And, if you had to buy six and I only need one, I'm probably better off buying one. Because older daughter started shuffling through my pantry stuff the other day to remove the expired items. Lets just say she embarrassed/annoyed me more than expected, so I need to be careful about over buying.

No coupons at Costco - grateful for that and I really don't bother that much anymore, unless it's rice crispy treat related.
Our two local stores might have apps but I’ve never actually checked.

CHUGGA CHUGGA FREAKIN CHOO CHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®
Congratulations, @SouthFayetteFan
You've been approved
for a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® with an initial credit limit of $20,000.

80,000 MORE MILES HERE I COME!! (i.e. $800 towards Disney!)

I used to hate that term grAAvy train...I love it now. I get why they said it, it's freaking amazing!!!

AA Miles...Who Knew, Right??
original.gif

This cracked me up! I wholeheartedly agree. With bonus miles from both Barclays and Citi Biz, I was able to get 2 one-way tickets from BWI to Anchorage for this summer in FIRST CLASS. Plus an expensive hotel night while there. And I have points left over. And it was really really easy . . .

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting!!!!!

The 40k offer has a lower MSR if that matters at all (and you still get 50k pts all in) but it’s a higher AF.
I think the lower AF is more important to us than the lower msr.

The upgraded boarding is the A1-15 boarding spots you can purchase at the gate. With them, you don’t need to purchase EBCI.i think when I did the upgraded boarding in Jan when we charged our Orlando flight last minute, it was $40 each for DS and me.
Hmmm, sounds promising. This might work well for us.

Gorgeous!!!!!

Thank you! :flower3:

Oh my word- that is incredible!!!! Thank you for sharing your photos with us!!

Thank you. Happy to share! You are welcome. I love to share in the hopes that the pictures inspire someone the way other people’s pictures inspire me.

@calypso726 Good thing you already made it there. Now that TPG is talking about it, something negative is probably going to happen.
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/al-maha-resort-best-marriott-redemption/

:badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc: Blast him for blogging about the Al Maha again! I can’t say he’s wrong because he’s not. I swear that our stay there is the only reason the Amex Bonvoy biz card is coming out of the sock drawer and back in our wallets for gas spend and some non category spend to mix it up with some MS.

@amalone1013 - I believe I owe you royalties. Do you take Amex?

Oh man, for the last hour I've read 30 pages and hit multi-quotes and then when I hit reply, I lost everything! I certainly am grateful for everyone here in this thread. I definately think it's best of Disboards, and I read the posts as conversations, too!

giphy.gif

Calypso - your trip looked amazing! :tinker:Absolutely magical!

I'll chime in with my recent Plastiq experience. A wonderful person on this thread walked me through the whole process. I used Plastiq and my new Frontier Mastercard (personal) to pay $11,000 to our Compeer Financial for our very first payment on a farm we bought last fall. The payment was due April 1. I placed the order in Plastiq the first week of March. It was supposed to have a delivery date no later than March 18. I was notified that the payment was sent around March 13. Shortly thereafter, Plastiq went down. (You can read about it happening in this thread.) Anyway, a few days later I received an email that my payment was delayed, but it would arrive by March 18. I was being issued 11,000 (equivalent to what I paid using Plastiq for the delayed payment) in customer service credits. I checked my credits, and low-and-behold 22,000 credits had been deposited! :D:D:D March 18 came and went, and my account with the lender and with Plastiq didn't show completed. I chatted with customer service and all they could do was offer to stop the payment and refund my fees. I did ask for the fees to be refunded, but to not stop the check. (I did not want to have any issues at all with the lender!!! I was going to go write a personal check on March 28 for another payment in full if the payment hadn't posted yet.) I was pretty irritated with Plastiq at this point.

Today I checked both accounts, and the payment had been received and posted to my lender. (Whew!) Plastiq also deposited my referral credit (10,000 max) even though I used a personal MasterCard instead of a business MasterCard. I'm relieved!

So, all in all, as luck would have it, Plastiq will charge me a total of $275 for $44,500 in credit card spend. :yay::yay::yay: Now I need the best strategies on maximizing bonuses and spending. I'm going to use about $12,000 of the credits to pay property taxes in May. I have Dh's new CIP and AMEX HHonors business for $8,000 of that. I thought about signing up for an AMEX business card for me. Do I sign up for a bunch of cards this year or do I go for Diamond Status with Hilton? We have 3 Amex HHonors cards between us -- 4 if I sign up for the HHonors business. I'm tempted to have DH sign up for the AMEX Aspire card, which will give us Diamond Status. Decisions, decisions. :)

I went for the $149 card..for the $75 SW credit, 4 upgraded boarding positions....rolled the dice and didn’t buy EBCI...bought the upgrades at the gate and was reimbursed....also the additional Anniversary points

Last edited:
I went for the $149 card..for the $75 SW credit, 4 upgraded boarding positions....rolled the dice and didn’t buy EBCI...bought and upgrades at the gate and was reimbursed....also the additional Anniversary points
Your post gave me a new thought on this. I also did the $149 card. I didnt include the upgrades officially in the value from the card since they're one of those perks you might not pay real cash for. But your post made me think, if you would typically buy EBCI then you could consider them worth $15 to $25 each, by skipping EBCI and upgrading as you did.

For Sam’s Club sign-up offer, how did it take $45 to show in instant savings?

It doesn’t show up as a savings. You just have to buy $45 worth of no sale items and it will automatically come off the total.

I know charge cards don't count for AMEX limits, but do employee cards for credit card accounts?

I don’t think so. I have an employee card for DHs Hilton Biz plus 5 of my own credit cards, if that’s what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter