I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup added that. Must’ve been a slow news day.

I admit I skimmed through and tried to find a spot about the DoC post but didn't notice. I thought it was odd it hadn't been mentioned so I should have read more closely but since I knew it was all bunk at this point I didn't.

Don’t freak out at the title:

Chase Imposes New Restriction on Points Transfers - VftW

[ETA: Weirdly, it looks like VftW pulled the above article and it’s no longer online. From the horse’s mouth:”My article was up for less than two minutes, and it was posted accidentally. Woke up from a Sunday afternoon nap, started looking at this and typing, did not mean to ever publish it.” VftW cited OMAAT, whose article is still up and title is less clickbaity.]

Ultimate Rewards Transfers Restricted To Authorized Users - OMAAT

And DoC comes in as the voice of reason: No, New Transfer Rules Have Not Been Introduced By Chase - DoC

• You can still combine UR points from different credit card accounts in your own name.

• You can still transfer UR points between Chase card accounts belonging to different persons in your household or co-owners of your business, and there’s no requirement that the person receiving points has to be an authorized user on your account.

• Previously you could transfer points to your own airline or hotel loyalty accounts or to an airline or hotel loyalty account belonging to one member of your household (such as a spouse) or, in the case of a business card, to a co-owner of the business.

• Now in order to transfer points to a frequent flyer or frequent guest account belonging to a household member or a co-owner of the business that person needs to be an authorized user on your card account.

I have to confess that I thought this was the rule all along, and that if you wanted to transfer UR points to another’s frequent flyer or hotel loyalty program, that other person needed to be an AU on your account. So these new terms aren’t really a big deal.

But this is a good reminder that Chase has been considering negative changes to its UR program for years, including possibly ending combining UR points between any Chase cards or between no-fee cards and annual fee cards, or UR points transfers within the same household. In summer 2017, Chase surveyed customers about these and other proposed negative changes to its UR program, and rumors Chase may end UR points pooling resurfaced in spring 2018. These are things that Chase has been considering for a long time!

See: Chase Sends Out Survey Regarding Possible Changes To Transferring Chase UR Points For 1.5¢ Travel Redemptions

[Rumor] Chase To End Chase Ultimate Rewards Points Pooling

Remember, it is highly recommended to transfer your (and any other player's) UR points when they post on any UR-card at the close of every statement onto the UR-card that gets you the highest redemption on the Chase travel portal, i.e., onto the CSR for 1.5 cpp redemption value or the CSP or CIP for 1.25 cpp redemption value. Make note of the statement closing date of all your UR cards, so when points post you can send them to your highest redemption UR card.

Chase Newbie question here. I was about to transfer my CIP points to P2 (CSR holder). I'm the one with the Hyatt card, though. So... if I transfer them to him, then book Hyatt and need to add on a few Chase points for a night or two he can't do that from his acct. Can I move them back to mine in that event? Or is this just going to be an issue for us? P2 wanted the Hyatt but couldn't get it due to the whole 5/24 thing.

New to this thread, and I'm only up to page 960 (don't worry, I started on 950), but had a question.

Can I pay for DVC dues and/or my current DVC direct loan with a travel card?
Only payment method seems to be banking.

Thanks!

Loans no, not at all, as per my understanding reading the DVC boards here. Dues yes, but only if you pay in full for the year at the time the bill is generated. If you opt for monthly auto-draft, you must use a checking account.

Chase Newbie question here. I was about to transfer my CIP points to P2 (CSR holder). I'm the one with the Hyatt card, though. So... if I transfer them to him, then book Hyatt and need to add on a few Chase points for a night or two he can't do that from his acct. Can I move them back to mine in that event? Or is this just going to be an issue for us? P2 wanted the Hyatt but couldn't get it due to the whole 5/24 thing.
You can move them back!

Loans no, not at all, as per my understanding reading the DVC boards here. Dues yes, but only if you pay in full for the year at the time the bill is generated. If you opt for monthly auto-draft, you must use a checking account.
You can't pay dues monthly with a CC, but I discovered this year that you can pay them monthly with a Disney GC.

I can buy a money order with a Visa giftcard? I didn't know that.

This should have the latest info and any tips or things to look out for. It’s very YMMV (your mileage may vary) based on your location. Also the issuer of your gift card will impact results. It says Vanilla only works for swipes up to $49.99. Metabank work good and US Bank require a special process. A lot of grocery stores do sell Metabank.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/man...48700-buying-money-orders-walmart-2019-a.html

Unfortunately after convincing DH to call, he was told to call back the “Business department” M-F 9-9 and given a different number. So I guess “call now to receive an immediate decision” was just a joke.
Perhaps I'd give if 3-5 days now and check on their online status webpage then...That's a tough call now...

Do you have the Arrival Plus? The sign up bonus might help with erasing charges for the tickets.
I don't have it, thanks!
Sounds like a great trip! We were just at the JW a couple of weeks ago.
1. I’d use CSR for the Beach Club balance. More versatile points.
2. Barclay Arrival +, Capital One Venture

4. Beautiful resort. Resort fees and parking were extra at the JW.

We stayed there last year and absolutely loved it. I'm kicking myself. Just went to book The Marco JW in the UR portal and wouldn't you know, its "sold out." Tons of different categories been available for past few weeks, as recent as yesterday and the one day I attempt to book it, poof nothing available. :headache::headache::headache:

I can buy a money order with a Visa giftcard? I didn't know that.
You're entering a different realm of this game - Manufactured Spend. Could you use that money order for charity...yes...but you could just as easily deposit it into your bank account and write a check to charity. Manufactured Spend is not a bad thing but I will tell you that many of us here do not do it (either because we consider it too complex or not worth it). Others will swear by it and do very well for themselves. I'm not telling you which way to go, just understand that it is definitely not churning 1.0 anymore. We have a thread on DISchurners with limited info and you may want to hook up with an expert MSer via a DIS PM to get into the specifics of how to go about it.

I asked this on the GC thread but I think it got lost. Can you still use WM cards to buy Disney cards at Sam’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter