I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys...I have a confession to make...I applied for a CIP for myself on Friday and it went pending...and this morning it was APPROVED!!!! :) I had meant to comment about it here and then I forgot, and then Saturday I was busy...and I thought, maybe I'll just get approved and share that...

October 2017...I had gotten 34 cards in the past 24 months with only 4 of those being business cards (so I'm 30/24 in Chase's eyes). I was 16 months into the process of getting my wife under at that point. I was staring at my credit card spreadsheet late at night (as I'm wont to do) and a light-bulb went off - If I focus solely on biz cards for the next 18 months I can also get under 5/24. Since my wife was just 6 months away from being "chase eligible" again this seemed like a workable plan. So that's what I did, since Oct 2017 I have gotten 5 biz cards and that is all. My wife has gotten 9 cards in that time (with 7 being biz cards). So she is 2/24, and I am 3/24 (and will be 2/24 in just another month myself).

It feels good to hear CHASE tell ME "you're approved" for the first time since Aug 2017 :) (that was a Disney card which at the time you could get when over 5/24). I personally have been over 5/24 since November of 2015... So for all of you considering going back under 5/24...you are NEVER too far gone to make it back (but it is HARD to be this patient). :D

Just thought I'd throw a DP out there that my $330 Marriott charge posted last Friday and the $40 back on $200 credit posted in my account today. This was a legit room charge, not a GC purchase.

The nice thing about this is the $330 was reimbursed by work, so the $40 is literally just money in my pocket. I also realized that I had enough leftover in per diem and travel payments that the $199 I spent on that Sheraton offer last week will actually be covered by that money! So basically no money out of my pocket at all!

I have a question on Marriott that I'm hoping someone here can answer... I need to book another Marriott stay next month for a work trip in August. This stay requires a one night deposit, so about $350 on my card. I was planning to put this on DH's Bonvoy Biz for MSR. However, I have the $40 on $200 credit on my Bonvoy Biz too. Would I be able to book on DH's Bonvoy Biz, and then call Marriott and make a $200 payment towards the stay on my card to get the credit?

Yep - I have done this when I needed to use an offer on a future stay. Not sure if I'm understanding, but are you trying to pay both the $350 plus another $200? So you will have prepaid $550? If so, you can call the hotel after you make the reservation (paying the $350 on your DH's card) and tell them you want to make a prepayment. I told them I had travel budget that needed to be used up this quarter or I would lose it, so I wanted to make a prepayment. The hotel may have sent me a credit card authorization form that I had to fill out with the card I wanted to use and show how much I wanted to prepay.

Guys...I have a confession to make...I applied for a CIP for myself on Friday and it went pending...and this morning it was APPROVED!!!! :) I had meant to comment about it here and then I forgot, and then Saturday I was busy...and I thought, maybe I'll just get approved and share that...

October 2017...I had gotten 34 cards in the past 24 months with only 4 of those being business cards (so I'm 30/24 in Chase's eyes). I was 16 months into the process of getting my wife under at that point. I was staring at my credit card spreadsheet late at night (as I'm wont to do) and a light-bulb went off - If I focus solely on biz cards for the next 18 months I can also get under 5/24. Since my wife was just 6 months away from being "chase eligible" again this seemed like a workable plan. So that's what I did, since Oct 2017 I have gotten 5 biz cards and that is all. My wife has gotten 9 cards in that time (with 7 being biz cards). So she is 2/24, and I am 3/24 (and will be 2/24 in just another month myself).

It feels good to hear CHASE tell ME "you're approved" for the first time since Aug 2017 :) (that was a Disney card which at the time you could get when over 5/24). I personally have been over 5/24 since November of 2015... So for all of you considering going back under 5/24...you are NEVER too far gone to make it back (but it is HARD to be this patient). :D

Congratulations!!

:flower1::bounce::jumping1:party:

Yep - I have done this when I needed to use an offer on a future stay. Not sure if I'm understanding, but are you trying to pay both the $350 plus another $200? So you will have prepaid $550? If so, you can call the hotel after you make the reservation (paying the $350 on your DH's card) and tell them you want to make a prepayment. I told them I had travel budget that needed to be used up this quarter or I would lose it, so I wanted to make a prepayment. The hotel may have sent me a credit card authorization form that I had to fill out with the card I wanted to use and show how much I wanted to prepay.

Yup, that's exactly what I want to do. Thanks!

Of course, the way we're rolling through MSR on DH's card, I may not need to do this by the time I book this room :faint: I need to sit down and figure out my next steps with Amex for DH sometime soon since I was planning to pick up a Hilton Biz for him as soon as the MSR on this card was done before Amex realizes I'm not spending on it anymore :rolleyes:

Just started with step 1 of the MDD, went for the CSR as that's the card I really want. Received the "we need to review your request a little longer..." status. Hoping that moves to approval soon!!

Up next, referring P2 to CIP....
Loving the play by play :) It's the little things that make me happy in this game...cheering you on from afar!!!

Wait since I just made DH a United account a couple weeks ago, I could sign him up for the shopping portal and not only earn the 15mi/$ but also the 500mi sign up for their shopping portal...
Since you said he has a new account, the United dining portal is also offering a 1,500 mile bonus for first-time users right now. Just have to spend $25 within 30 days.

Loving the play by play :) It's the little things that make me happy in this game...cheering you on from afar!!!

Thanks!! I can use all the cheers I can get. I forgot how nervous new apps always make me feel!!!

P2 was approved for CIP with "business". Revenue listed as $1,500, years in business as 4 (not sure it matters but I calculated when P2 applied for his first "business" card), selected Retail, Misc, All Other as type. He buys/sells on eBay, mostly hobby type stuff. $5K limit which is just fine with me.

I called status line for my CSR that went pending and got the 30 day message. Should I call or wait?

P2 was approved for CIP with "business". Revenue listed as $1,500, years in business as 4 (not sure it matters but I calculated when P2 applied for his first "business" card), selected Retail, Misc, All Other as type. He buys/sells on eBay, mostly hobby type stuff. $5K limit which is just fine with me.

I called status line for my CSR that went pending and got the 30 day message. Should I call or wait?
That’s really up to you. Personal Recon isn’t usually a bad experience, but if you’re feeling patient you could give it a day.

:cheer2::cool1::dogdance::banana::bounce:pixiedust::jumping1:party::jumping1:pixiedust::jumping3::banana::dogdance::cool1::cheer2:
Congratulation on FINALLY making it! After years of dishing out advice you couldn't follow and living vicariously through others it's well earned :)

I was going to say :welcome: to the club! And then remembered I'm briefly at 5/24 myself and thus an ex-member for another few weeks. :laughing::sad:

:cheer2::cool1::dogdance::banana::bounce:pixiedust::jumping1:party::jumping1:pixiedust::jumping3::banana::dogdance::cool1::cheer2:
Congratulation on FINALLY making it! After years of dishing out advice you couldn't follow and living vicariously through others it's well earned :)

I was going to say :welcome: to the club! And then remembered I'm briefly at 5/24 myself and thus an ex-member for another few weeks. :laughing::sad:
I’m so glad to be in the club. Up to this point I had to keep wearing a dress and talking in my high voice to be admitted (since my wife joined the club a year ago). It’s good to have both of us be members now!

:rotfl:Too funny!! I love packing cubes but can’t get DH on board. I bought some for our first cruise many years ago and have been hooked ever since. I use them for me and DD. It makes unpacking at the hotel so easy and repacking is a breeze. Consider me a member of the club.
The folks here got me hooked on them and I’m never going back!

Hmmm... finally time to order the little toiletry bag I was looking at, especially since I can use it next week (!)

Now I'm debating if we need another mother lode backpack... DH ended up with the professional flight backpack for work travel plus just as his day to day work bag. Now I feel like we just need a second backpack because it would be silly to empty all of his work stuff for personal travel.
Thanks for reminding me I need to look into a little backpack as well!

Look out World!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter