I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s a blue member card? Sorry I know nothing about dvc

It indicates direct ownership which grants you a few extra privledges such as discounted annual passes (usually the Florida resident level gold pass but last year they offered the Platinum Plus with no blackouts and water parks for the price of Gold. It was a really good deal), ability to (try) to book member only events, discounts, etc. Nothing earth shattering but when we purchased we only need 25 points direct so the price difference wasn’t too bad and I feel we’ll get value over our next 24 or so years of ownership (Boulder Ridge).

Hey everyone! I've been MIA for a while, I just noticed 15,000 SW points from Chase on the June 11th, labeled Southwest Chase Bonus - any idea what that's for? We really haven't put any spend on our 2 SW cards since we earned the CP earlier this year. There is also an Customer Service adjustment for 0 points on the 12th. TIA.

Hey everyone! I've been MIA for a while, I just noticed 15,000 SW points from Chase on the June 11th, labeled Southwest Chase Bonus - any idea what that's for? We really haven't put any spend on our 2 SW cards since we earned the CP earlier this year. There is also an Customer Service adjustment for 0 points on the 12th. TIA.
Congrats! Those points are for a promo SW ran where they were giving 15% bonus points on any points you earned! Supposed to only be from spend but cc signups worked also.

Welcome back! Did both your SW bonuses for CP post within the 15% back promotion window from earlier this year? I believe that was Feb/Mar/Apr. Several have reported that their bonus for that promo posted last week.

Made the call Friday afternoon and got the call back today for the Biz Plat 100K offer. Approved!!!!!!! Works perfectly with my plan to upgrade the second one after the AF to my biz gold hits. Thanks so much @Lain!!!!!
I really like the MCGC deals because they liquidate well on Plastiq and code with a 1% fee. It’s a moneymaker for me.
Me too! We need some for of these come on Staples!!!!

What’s a blue member card? Sorry I know nothing about dvc
Exactly what @bernina said! And while these benefits are nice, they are 100% subject to change and could completely go away tomorrow (Not that I think all of them will, just explaining that they are not guaranteed with "membership").

I could save about $250 per person annually with the DVC gold AP renewal and would love to try some of the other benefits and events. I've been dragging my feet on finally doing it. Prior to April of 2016 all resale included the membership extras. Then DVC changed it to 25 direct minimum points. Now it is 75 and I am just waiting for it to go to 100+ with price per point at $300 🙄

:offtopic:

Just called the AC guy and he said that the part we need is in but my home warranty company hasn't authorized the repair yet. He's going to call them and let me know. Hopefully he gets it authorized while he's on the phone with him, because otherwise I'm going to absolutely lose my mind if I have to get on the phone with them!

Welcome back! Did both your SW bonuses for CP post within the 15% back promotion window from earlier this year? I believe that was Feb/Mar/Apr. Several have reported that their bonus for that promo posted last week.
Yes, I think we earned the CP in March. I didn't think the 60K from the sign up bonus would count toward the promotion, sweet.

Hey ya'll I've missed about a million posts b/c I was at Disney... Love the news thread on Reditt however it's awesome! I have a Hyatt availability question- using points, how good are they?I'm wondering ,do they let you book a room on points if they have any room available? Or is it more like IHG where they limit points rooms quite a bit? Trying to piece together a multi family trip in the future,and I don't want to start planning something that might become impossible to book(i.e. have a family gather points only to find no availability in a couple of months) I've found IHG to be pretty limited

I feel your pain. It doesn't seem to matter that I put books on hold months apart they all come at the same time or within the same few weeks so I have to hurry and get it done. At least with reading the one over the weekend I've got a tiny cushion with the last two that came in.
The worst thing? When you read the first book in a series and the library doesn’t have the rest of the series 😡 I just finished one last night and I couldn’t find the next book anywhere online. It was selling for $90 on amazon for some reason. I finally found it on EBay for $3.98 and got a $3 off promo code

Yes, I think we earned the CP in March. I didn't think the 60K from the sign up bonus would count toward the promotion, sweet.
It does say in the terms that they don't count however, in practice it has been and apparently still does! :) I hope they don't fix the glitch until after I get my points for the current one. That'd just be my luck that I'm finally targeted for a promotion AND I'll actually earn a sign up bonus during the window and this is the one they actually enforce the terms :rolleyes:

...and for a brief TR...... I loved our time at Saratoga Springs last week, I on;y visited MK for one day the rest was just relaxing...except I'm still tired! How does that happen? Oh yeah wrangling kids at Disney pools and all that walking can do it:rotfl2: I think I'm actually Disney'd out for a while after this! It was lovely, so maybe when all the new stuff is up and running we can go back again....I can wait a couple of years tho.

It indicates direct ownership which grants you a few extra privledges such as discounted annual passes (usually the Florida resident level gold pass but last year they offered the Platinum Plus with no blackouts and water parks for the price of Gold. It was a really good deal), ability to (try) to book member only events, discounts, etc. Nothing earth shattering but when we purchased we only need 25 points direct so the price difference wasn’t too bad and I feel we’ll get value over our next 24 or so years of ownership (Boulder Ridge).
We’re still not in a place where we want to buy dvc yet but I like to know all of the benefits so thank you for the response!

Plastiq Email:
We hope you enjoy using Plastiq! To make it even better, for this month only, submit up to three payments ($10,000 or less each) and benefit from a 1.5% Plastiq fee.

Here’s how it works:
Select a recipient/vendor you would like to pay
Enter a payment amount up to a maximum of $10,000
Submit a payment using your preferred credit card
On the payment review page, make sure your payment is scheduled to be processed before 11:59 PM EST on June 30, 2019. Note: How do you check processing date? See this article for instructions and screenshots.
You can submit up to 3 one-time payments like this before 11:59 PM EST on June 30, 2019
Use your favorite credit card to pay a wide variety of bills - from rent and car payments to utilities and business expenses.

Pay Now
Thank you,
The Plastiq Team

P.S. Need help making a payment? Contact us at service@plastiq.com
Terms and Conditions:
Promotion is available only to direct recipients of this email notifying them of their eligibility and cannot be combined with other Plastiq promotions or fee free dollars (FFDs). This promotion is non-transferable. Promotion can be applied on up to three payments per account.
Payments must be made with a credit card associated with this eligible member’s account and must not exceed $10,000 per transaction. Eligible customers can submit immediate payments or schedule payments to be processed before 11:59 PM EST on June 30, 2019. The Plastiq 1.5% fee will automatically be applied when the payment is processed.
Editing, altering, canceling or rescheduling payments with this promotion applied will forfeit the service fee rate of 1.5%. This promotion does not apply to any scheduled payments submitted before 12:01 AM EST on June 10, 2019.
Plastiq reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion at any time.
I know I'm late to this - I don't have a plastiq acct...think signing up might get me this offer?

Exactly what @bernina said! And while these benefits are nice, they are 100% subject to change and could completely go away tomorrow (Not that I think all of them will, just explaining that they are not guaranteed with "membership").

I could save about $250 per person annually with the DVC gold AP renewal and would love to try some of the other benefits and events. I've been dragging my feet on finally doing it. Prior to April of 2016 all resale included the membership extras. Then DVC changed it to 25 direct minimum points. Now it is 75 and I am just waiting for it to go to 100+ with price per point at $300 🙄
I’m not sure when we’ll buy our APs but I know it’ll be sometime this summer. I’m pretty sure we’re buying the one with no blackout dates. I’d like to get some discounted gcs first but we won’t have a lot of time for that

I want the membership card eventually too. We should be able to fully pay off this contract in December after the wedding. Then maybe we will do a poly resale and 75 points direct through Disney at the poly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter