I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellll I am not sure if the Chase website is being wonky or if it’s my computer but I just applied for the CSP and the screen is stuck on the “verifying your information” screen. It’s just spinning and it’s been like that for about 2 minutes now. That is worrisome.

now it’s been about 8 minutes and the site said it hadn’t detected any action and wanted to know if I wanted to stay around. I said yes and we are still spinning!

Last edited:
Wellll I am not sure if the Chase website is being wonky or if it’s my computer but I just applied for the CSP and the screen is stuck on the “verifying your information” screen. It’s just spinning and it’s been like that for about 2 minutes now. That is worrisome.

now it’s been about 8 minutes and the site said it hadn’t detected any action and wanted to know if I wanted to stay around. I said yes and we are still spinning!
If it doesn’t go through you can establish that you have no apps on file using the automated status line. Then you could attempt again - probably in a different browser and/or using incognito mode - to make sure it goes thru.

If it doesn’t go through you can establish that you have no apps on file using the automated status line. Then you could attempt again - probably in a different browser and/or using incognito mode - to make sure it goes thru.
Ok thank you.
It’s still spinning!

How long would you recommend I wait before calling the automated status line?

Ok thank you.
It’s still spinning!

How long would you recommend I wait before calling the automated status line?

Call now.

Also glad others helped identify it's the sales tax, always seems to be when comparing stuff with Disney tickets, packages etc.

Call now.

Also glad others helped identify it's the sales tax, always seems to be when comparing stuff with Disney tickets, packages etc.

This is why I come here before doing anything. The people on this board are the best!!!

So I am still spinning... I just called and it says "the information entered does not match our records." I assume that means nope, your application most certainly has not gone through! So I guess I am safe to just close the spinny browser tab and try again?

This morning the weather was beautiful, after almost 2 weeks of temperatures in the low 90s with some humidity. I decided to go for a nice long bike ride and found myself on the way to Lake Ontario. I haven't been this way in a while since it is quite a bit of downhill going and a lot of uphill coming back, but away I went! Truly we are blessed to live in such a great city with bike paths going every direction (and even numbered, for example I took the 45 to the 22, which is pretty meaningless if you haven't looked at a map of trails but I digress). Hit Lakeshore Blvd and continued east to the Martin Goodman Trail, which runs pretty much the length of the province, and rode to the 'beaches' area of the city. It was as pretty as ever, and since I got there pretty early, not too busy. Thought I'd share a few pictures!

Much of the path on the way to the lake follows the Don River -- this little area caught my eye!

Boardwalk along the beach on Lake Ontario

This area looks like a lot of fun!

Random shot while waiting for the bike light to turn green (yes we have bicycle traffic signals in parts of the city!)

The stereotypical shot of the CN Tower!

@ten6mom dd and I rented points a few years ago to visit Aulani for a week over her February break. We used someone from this board (in the appropriate section). The transaction was seamless, she even put in my requested rooms and we got one of them. We saved quite a bit of money using the board over one of the companies, but I do not know the refund policies that are offered if WDW / DVC are closed, so there is inherent risk in going this route. We loved having a one bedroom with kitchen and had a gorgeous view of the ocean (even though we rented a 'pool view').

Success with a different browser!

Approved for the CSP with a RIDICULOUS credit limit (good grief!) so I will wait until I get the card and put that reservation on it I guess. And YES I used a support link!

Should have no problem meeting MSR because apparently I really like to spend money.

Thank you all!

Success with a different browser!

Approved for the CSP with a RIDICULOUS credit limit (good grief!) so I will wait until I get the card and put that reservation on it I guess. And YES I used a support link!

Should have no problem meeting MSR because apparently I really like to spend money.

Thank you all!

Congrats! You might be able to get them to expedite it if you call.

Am I missing something on Global Entry interviews? There are basically none available (only in New York and Michigan currently) but they are still requiring you schedule an interview within 365 days? We got our June interviews cancelled and I finally logged in to check availability. Any advice on when they post new availability?

Nevermind--I see they generously extended the deadline by 120 days. Ugh--this is such a typical government program! Didn't realize how lucky I was to get this done for DD so easily.

Last edited:
We are in CO and are going to WDW 7/21-29. My dh is back to work here but he has to quarantine for 14 days after we come back from FL. People keep asking if we are really still going...uh, yeah, we are...Maybe we all should quarantine after we get back :faint: Yes, total mess...
No offense but yes, you should quarantine the whole family. We are pretty much quarantined most of the time. We lifted it a bit because DH and DS don't go anywhere but I go to work 2 weeks each month and COVID cases were declining. The hospital I work at still has low levels although cases are increasing again in our state. Plus since we are phase 4, DSs soccer team is practicing and scrimmaging (no opposing teams, I won't let him go if they do) so basically we are at higher risk for picking up the virus and now family is off limits, at least until DS is done with soccer (and I wait until the end of my 2 weeks home). I have had a negative COVID test and was also tested for antibodies, of which I have none, so I guess the masks and obsessive hand washing have worked so far.

3 unexpected things I have learned from this awesome group of people

1) Gift cards are hugely valuable and not as gifts
2) Twitter DM’s for cancellations etc, who knew 🤷🏼‍♀️
3) Amazing travel destinations that aren’t Disney

That’s honestly only the tip of the iceberg of knowledge I’ve gained since following along here, but thought I’d share the ones that have helped me most recently 😊

Is anyone here familiar with the WF biz plat? I purposely kept my WF checking for a year after the bonus so I'd be able to apply for this card. I was "conditionally approved." Just curious if anyone else has this card and what the timing is like for actually getting it. My DS just got accepted to college and that means I'll be spending some money, hopefully on this new card.

Has anybody ever had the issue with their Rapid Rewards credit card points not actually showing up in their account? My statement closed on July 5 and the Chase statement says they sent 2,308 miles to Southwest. It’s now the 12th and I still haven’t seen the miles show up in my account. When I look at recent activity In RR account it shows on July 6 the Rapid Rewards credit transferred 0 miles. Am I going to have to call? Not that I have anywhere to go right now, but these points complete the companion pass, so I really want to see the little gauge complete. Any ideas?

Coming to the realization that Paris probably isn't happening for my 40th birthday next year. So it's time to change gears to a family road trip. The wife and I are starting to plan taking our two sons to Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills as soon as school gets out next year. Our boys will be 8 and 5. Looking for any suggestions on where to stay and what to do with our time there. Tentative plan would be to get into Rapid City on a Sunday afternoon and leave the following Saturday morning.

Coming to the realization that Paris probably isn't happening for my 40th birthday next year. So it's time to change gears to a family road trip. The wife and I are starting to plan taking our two sons to Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills as soon as school gets out next year. Our boys will be 8 and 5. Looking for any suggestions on where to stay and what to do with our time there. Tentative plan would be to get into Rapid City on a Sunday afternoon and leave the following Saturday morning.

Not a huge help, we stopped when we were moving my stuff back from NC in Rapid City. I think we stayed at the econo lodge since it was pet friendly. It was decent. We walked to the mall for dinner and I don't remember what brand it was, but there was one there that had a water slide, I'd imagine there are probably others that have them as well. If no one has any options I'd pull up google maps and see what's there and then find one with decent water activities for the kids. It seemed most of that stuff was inside, it was just part of the slide that came out and went back in if I remember correctly. The drive up to Mt Rushmore, even in the uhaul towing my car, was decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter