I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally off topic but want to share that my daughter is pregnant with a Disney princess due early January....our first grandchild :flower1:

We had a whole family trip planned for late October, early November at BWV.....cancelled that since it’s too risky for her to travel

Just spent 2 1/2 hrs on hold cancelling annual passes for everyone...

we now have 2 years of points to use in 2021/22 to bring her to WDW :cheer2:

So exciting! Congrats to you and family.

Totally off topic but want to share that my daughter is pregnant with a Disney princess due early January....our first grandchild :flower1:

We had a whole family trip planned for late October, early November at BWV.....cancelled that since it’s too risky for her to travel

How incredibly exciting!!! party:party: Time to do a happy dance.

Have been texting with Virgin and sadly there is no Delta 1st class award availability for the dates we wanted to go in November. Adding plane tickets to the cost of the room and park tickets may just cancel the whole idea for us, as we don't have a lot of extra cash to spend now.

Uuuuuggggghhhhhh certain worldwide health issues can just take a flying leap!!!!!

OK so, I have just over 100,000 Chase URs right at the moment. I will be canceling a hotel reservation soon which SHOULD give me another 80K or so. I am looking to see if I can use those for a flight from PHX to MCO (nonstop).

United, to whom Chase URs transfer, does not seem to have a nonstop flight on that Route. (nor do they have a nonstop from LAX, which surprises me).

American does but Chase URs don't transfer to them.

If I book directly through Chase travel, which I know is a terrible redemption value, I can do it for "free" once those 80K points from the hotel cancellation are back in my account (I currently have 100K and the total trip cost would be 177K URs.

All that to save about $632.

I am so conflicted.

Which departure time from MCO would you choose, knowing you had to check out of your hotel that morning:

2 pm or 5 pm?

I know I've mentioned a few times that we are refinancing. Closing is still on for tomorrow. It's been a hassle. Like of all the refi's we have ever done, this ranks last. I just want this done! We used Better.com for the amex offer but what a pain, what a pain, what a pain...I so badly would like to apply for another card but am waiting for this refi to be done - that was supposed to be done almost a month ago. Ugh!!

In other news, we leave for Disney in less than a week! I'm feeling a lot of different emotions about this trip. I'm excited, nervous, happy, anxious, sad, worried, and everything else in there. Our attitude is that it will not be normal but hopefully still be good. Expectations are pretty low I guess. We have nowhere to go but up lol!
SO...closing didn't happen today...surprise, surprise....Why am I even surprised? I guess cause it felt more real this time since we got to the 'day of' before they cancelled. Hopefully this weekend. I told our closer...."I know I put this in email but we leave at 6am on Tuesday morning and will be gone for almost 2 weeks. You have to get his done...". Have I mentioned that I am so over this... :(

Which departure time from MCO would you choose, knowing you had to check out of your hotel that morning:

2 pm or 5 pm?
We always fly out the last flight of the day. This trip, in a few days, we fly out at 7:55pm to Denver. Land at like almost 10pm. We also leave here at 6am headed to Orlando so we seriously milk the trip for everything we can and that is with kids lol. We are brutal.

OK so, I have just over 100,000 Chase URs right at the moment. I will be canceling a hotel reservation soon which SHOULD give me another 80K or so. I am looking to see if I can use those for a flight from PHX to MCO (nonstop).

United, to whom Chase URs transfer, does not seem to have a nonstop flight on that Route. (nor do they have a nonstop from LAX, which surprises me).

American does but Chase URs don't transfer to them.

If I book directly through Chase travel, which I know is a terrible redemption value, I can do it for "free" once those 80K points from the hotel cancellation are back in my account (I currently have 100K and the total trip cost would be 177K URs.

All that to save about $632.

I am so conflicted.
Is SW an option?

Congrats!!! What great and blessed news!

We always fly out the last flight of the day. This trip, in a few days, we fly out at 7:55pm to Denver. Land at like almost 10pm. We also leave here at 6am headed to Orlando so we seriously milk the trip for everything we can and that is with kids lol. We are brutal.
Won't we be forced to leave the hotel by 10 or 11 tho?

I can change it to the later one (juuuuuust about pulled the trigger just now) but I just don't know what we'd do between checkout and departure.

Especially with a suitcase.

Ooh! I forgot they don't show up on an Expedia search (I always go there first to get an idea).
OK so SW has ONE nonstop flight from PHX to MCO and it gets in a bit later than I'm comfortable with (9 pm).... I like the times on American better. Thanks for the idea tho!!!

Won't we be forced to leave the hotel by 10 or 11 tho?

I can change it to the later one (juuuuuust about pulled the trigger just now) but I just don't know what we'd do between checkout and departure.

Especially with a suitcase.
WELL....this is a bit complicated currently....typically, you could check out at 11am (standard wdw hotel check out), go ahead and check your luggage in with the airline (yes, they have stations at the hotel to do this) and then enjoy your time at the resort or at a part until you need to be picked up to go to MCO. At pickup time, you need to be at the resort you were staying at. However, so much is up-in-the-air right now for Magical Express and luggage service. Worst case is that you store your luggage with Bell Services and then need to grab it before boarding the Magical Express. Having said that, a lot could change between now and Nov and it's really hard to give advice.

OK so SW has ONE nonstop flight from PHX to MCO and it gets in a bit later than I'm comfortable with (9 pm).... I like the times on American better. Thanks for the idea tho!!!
We actually have a layover for the first time ever this next trip!!! I'm not happy about it but all the early nonstops were cut from Denver...so we leave here at 6am and don't land until 1pm cause we have to stop in Nashville. Not my idea of a good time but it was our only option. If we wanted a nonstop, we wouldn't land until like 6pm. No thanks. I'd rather go early and then hit the pool.

WELL....this is a bit complicated currently....typically, you could check out at 11am (standard wdw hotel check out), go ahead and check your luggage in with the airline (yes, they have stations at the hotel to do this) and then enjoy your time at the resort or at a part until you need to be picked up to go to MCO. At pickup time, you need to be at the resort you were staying at. However, so much is up-in-the-air right now for Magical Express and luggage service. Worst case is that you store your luggage with Bell Services and then need to grab it before boarding the Magical Express. Having said that, a lot could change between now and Nov and it's really hard to give advice.
Oh wow... yeah that's pretty amazing that they (normally) will hold your bag!

Thanks... will be nice if things are more normal by then!

OK the flights are booked.

For us, "free" was more important than getting a good deal, so to speak. Sadly I didn't have enough URs to fly first but with all the reductions on planes due to Covid, it wouldn't have really been worth it anyway I suppose.

I never did call to expedite my new card but when I get it I will book the "package" with WDW (room and park tickets) and then I'll start pestering you for advice on everything else.

Thanks again everyone!

Side note: I guess I will keep the CitiAA card after all. It's $95 and on the chance that we actually have to bring two checked bags back. I will look at the fee as insurance.... :) we try to travel light but I feel like I'll need warmer clothes and rain gear for this trip so knowing I can use a little more space makes me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter