I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok good to know; I will look for that.

Thank you. It seems Disney will let me cancel within about a month, which is great; my concern is that something would come in last minute.

Don't hate me but I googled "trip cancellation insurance with no restrictions" and the first return was from everyone's favorite POINTS person. :rolleyes1 .... but I'm still gonna look and see what he has to say!

Disney has been known to be flexible though. Also pretty sure you could change your dates further out and as long as you aren't in the pif time for thr new one you wouldn't have to pay any difference. At that point you could cancel.

If anyone with Amazon prime is looking for a new to you show to binge check out Being Erica. It's up thanks to the BBC but it was a Canadian show, not sure if it was on CBC or something else originally. I watched the 4 seasons on soapnet I think, whatever Pop is now.

Anyway I'm just starting season 3 and am enjoying it as much as I did the first time through. Also fun to play spot the degrassi next gen actor or other canadian actors :teeth:
it's funny- I've been enjoying that show

I ordered this refrigerator: Samsung RF28R7351SR - $1999, plus tax at Costco.com.

I've never had such a traumatic experience ordering anything as I had with reading refrigerator reviews.

So far, I've kept within my budget.

Yesterday evening, I took the inside panel off my old fridge at the older daughter's suggestion. I 'think' I know what's wrong - a thermostat. About a $30 part.

The coils were all frozen and iced over. I used the blow dryer and melted a lot of it and then left it to just melt. Let younger daughter know to check it later while I went to bed. She got up and put all the cold food from the cooler back in the fridge and it's all cold in there this morning, just not super cool, but it's safe. I will not be buying a lot of food until the new fridge arrives.

My deep freeze is stuffed to the top, which isn't a bad thing.

So, earlier I called several appliance repair places, with the intention of doing a service call and hopefully delaying purchase for a while of a new fridge. No one called back yet. They all have 'leave a message' set ups.

And that's why I placed my order.

Anyway, this fridge is over $3000 at Home Depot and Lowes. It's also $3000 at Costco for the Black Stainless and the Tuscan (the newer color). $1000 less for finger print resistant Stainless. At HD and Lowes, the color difference price is $100. Not sure what's going on with the Costco price at $1000 less. But I'll try it.

Anyway, the biggest gripe from the reviews is the ice maker. I guess I'm going to take my chances with this as after reading/scanning literally thousands of reviews, ALL new refrigerators in my price range have problems.

And, there are way to many complaints about delivery service, so I'll be ready for that issue. Hopefully all will go well, since I'm ready for the worst.

Oh yes - up to 2 weeks for delivery - I may take a repair on my old one depending on price to tide me over until the new arrives.

Last edited:

Spending and investing are two different things? Am I right! 🤣

Given that we should still be in this house 20-30 yrs from now I think these windows could pay for themselves over time.

One of my little quirks is figuring out the 'cost' of items. So, yesterday I did the math on my old refrigerator and combined with buying it and supplying it with electricity over almost 15 years, it cost me $11.52 a month. No repairs -yet. The new one will be double that or more because of acquisition cost.

I ordered this refrigerator:

I've never had such a traumatic experience ordering anything as I had with reading refrigerator reviews.

So far, I've kept within my budget.

Yesterday evening, I took the inside panel off my old fridge at the older daughter's suggestion. I 'think' I know what's wrong - a thermostat. About a $30 part.

The coils were all frozen and iced over. I used the blow dryer and melted a lot of it and then left it to just melt. Let younger daughter know to check it later while I went to bed. She got up and put all the cold food from the cooler back in the fridge and it's all cold in there this morning, just not super cool, but it's safe. I will not be buying a lot of food until the new fridge arrives.

My deep freeze is stuffed to the top, which isn't a bad thing.

So, earlier I called several appliance repair places, with the intention of doing a service call and hopefully delaying purchase for a while of a new fridge. No one called back yet. They all have 'leave a message' set ups.

And that's why I placed my order.

Anyway, this fridge is over $3000 at Home Depot and Lowes. It's also $3000 at Costco for the Black Stainless and the Tuscan (the newer color). $1000 less for finger print resistant Stainless. At HD and Lowes, the color difference price is $100. Not sure what's going on with the Costco price at $1000 less. But I'll try it.

Anyway, the biggest gripe from the reviews is the ice maker. I guess I'm going to take my chances with this as after reading/scanning literally thousands of reviews, ALL new refrigerators in my price range have problems.

And, there are way to many complaints about delivery service, so I'll be ready for that issue. Hopefully all will go well, since I'm ready for the worst.

Oh yes - up to 2 weeks for delivery - I may take a repair on my old one depending on price to tide me over until the new arrives.
I'm jealous. This is the answer to so many of my problems--not enough freezer space, finger prints from DS, etc. Maybe when I get my $1000 cash card next year after my cruise (knock on wood) I'll earmark it toward a fridge.

Last edited:

Such a nice low price!
Oh really? It's pretty average price here. I guess it's a combination of 1) we live in a smaller, 1300 sq ft single family home, 2) not many roof pitches or variables, 3) we live in SC and prices are much cheaper here than elsewhere in the country. Although, it still hurts when it's coming out of pocket and you have no new credit card to spend it on!

Whoa....is this normal? I bought gas for the car yesterday using my amex blue... I see a pending $100 on the card??? I thought that was like a debit card thing? cost was like $25
That happens to me sometimes when I use my Discover card for gas. Once it posts it corrects itself.

Oh really? It's pretty average price here. I guess it's a combination of 1) we live in a smaller, 1300 sq ft single family home, 2) not many roof pitches or variables, 3) we live in SC and prices are much cheaper here than elsewhere in the country. Although, it still hurts when it's coming out of pocket and you have no new credit card to spend it on!

I paid more than double for a small house, and it was my lowest estimate. Yes, I know it's area we live in. My friend just got a $21k lowest estimate of 4 for her 1600 ft house. One of her estimates was 38K which was totally ridiculous.

Since we are talking home repairs, it is time to move Mom into the apartment that was built for her. When we built the stable/arena 15 years ago, we planned and started a small apartment area for my mother. It was built with plans for it to be handicapped accessible if needed. Mom is getting a little more frail and forgetful and feels ready to sell her house and live closer. We need to complete the bathroom, get countertops for the kitchen, we ordered a stove and need a dishwasher :faint:. Then just a little woodwork finishing :magnify:. Well. then there is the day bed and lift chair to purchase. I spend wayyy to much time researching everything. This morning I was looking at slate tile for shower walls and how to seal it properly. I must need a new MSR.
Last month we got an off road walker to keep her moving.

Since we are talking home repairs, it is time to move Mom into the apartment that was built for her. When we built the stable/arena 15 years ago, we planned and started a small apartment area for my mother. It was built with plans for it to be handicapped accessible if needed. Mom is getting a little more frail and forgetful and feels ready to sell her house and live closer. We need to complete the bathroom, get countertops for the kitchen, we ordered a stove and need a dishwasher :faint:. Then just a little woodwork finishing :magnify:. Well. then there is the day bed and lift chair to purchase. I spend wayyy to much time researching everything. This morning I was looking at slate tile for shower walls and how to seal it properly. I must need a new MSR.
Last month we got an off road walker to keep her moving.

So nice that you can do this for your Mom!

About slate, I wanted slate in my bathroom (floor) a few years ago and gave up on actual slate, especially after I handled the material. I then went with a slate tile product from Home Depot and still love it - has a similar appearance and color variation, plus the texture, but no chips or sealing to worry about.

So nice that you can do this for your Mom!

About slate, I wanted slate in my bathroom (floor) a few years ago and gave up on actual slate, especially after I handled the material. I then went with a slate tile product from Home Depot and still love it - has a similar appearance and color variation, plus the texture, but no chips or sealing to worry about.

Thanks, off to research some more. Have I ever mentioned that I was blessed with probably the best mom in the world?

Can someone remind me when the AF for the Citi AA card hits? I can't remember whether I paid it right away when I got it (almost a year ago) or if it will sneak up and post next month when I've stopped paying attention.

Also, if it hasn't posted yet, at what point do I cancel the card? Before or after?
I believe it’s at the year mark. I closed mine before the 1st year so not sure when it really hits

The pinnacle of excitement for me this week was to be today, when my new Aristocats Marie mug was set to arrive from Target. I go to the mailbox and the mug is there, all boxed and ready for me to enjoy. I unpack the mug... and the thing is cracked. I feel like that is a metaphor for our "summer of no fun" or something, lol.

Target is sending me a new mug. I bought it for myself when I moved my September WDW trip to January.

I just requested a refund on my Aerosmith tickets too. For some reason I thought the show was going to remain on the weekend but it is rescheduled for a bloody Tuesday and it sucks traveling for shows midweek like that so for now, I asked for my money back and I can always rebuy some seats if possible to go midweek next year.

I'll admit it: I'm starting to go batty with no immediate travel plans.

The pinnacle of excitement for me this week was to be today, when my new Aristocats Marie mug was set to arrive from Target. I go to the mailbox and the mug is there, all boxed and ready for me to enjoy. I unpack the mug... and the thing is cracked. I feel like that is a metaphor for our "summer of no fun" or something, lol.

Target is sending me a new mug. I bought it for myself when I moved my September WDW trip to January.

I just requested a refund on my Aerosmith tickets too. For some reason I thought the show was going to remain on the weekend but it is rescheduled for a bloody Tuesday and it sucks traveling for shows midweek like that so for now, I asked for my money back and I can always rebuy some seats if possible to go midweek next year.

I'll admit it: I'm starting to go batty with no immediate travel plans.
Our Harry Styles concert from this month was rescheduled for the middle of the week too, next summer. And it's an hour away. No way dd is going to skip that.

I know - it just feels like so much of churning and travel is bummer town right now!

Here’s some random off topic info:

I’m in the midst of getting quotes on windows. I feel like I want to buy them from everybody! 🤣 I just enjoy a sales guy who makes a good pitch.

Although that’s not entirely true since the guy yesterday was a pompous tool so no thanks. But the others are great!

I really liked the first guy who quoted us. Then the salesman tonight was this kind old man and my wife wants to buy from him a lot. So now we are super conflicted!

It is windows year for us. 3 years ago = roof; 2 years ago = retaining wall; 1 year ago = driveway/b-ball court; and here we are now at windows year. Gotta make a decision this week 😊
But what about the really important things...which one will take credit cards for no fee? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter