I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa....is this normal? I bought gas for the car yesterday using my amex blue... I see a pending $100 on the card??? I thought that was like a debit card thing? cost was like $25

yes, its a pre-authorization to make sure you have the funds to take on your card. its not possible to return gas if your card declines so the gas stations make sure they can charge u $100 in case you do gas up to $100. once your done pumping, it changes the authorization value down to what you gas.

I took a 30k MR/ no spend retention offer on my platicorn today. The AF is hefty, but the cell phone and saks credits help. I don’t have streaming services outside of prime which is PIF for a year. Does anyone know if prime counts? I’m due for renewal soon, if it does, maybe I’ll switch to monthly. I’ve also been using uber eats with the pandemic, which I rarely did before.

I’m also strongly considering quitting my job to homeschool this year. So credit card applications will stop as I’ll have no earned income as a SAHM.

Also pray for me, cause I was not cut out for the SAHM/ homeschooling life, especially when you can’t even go places or do things.

Through the app store you can reload your Apple account if you have it and it does credit. It worked for me for the streaming credit.

Just finished MSR on DH's Gold and the bonus posted today, yay! So I'm thinking about getting an Aspire for myself. It will take me to 4/24, with the next one dropping off in October. I have a stay at the Grand Wailea booked for next March. Since I needed two rooms I currently have one night booked on points, with the other three FNC. So I could use the FNC and get back 95k points. It looks like it's hit or miss, (more miss) if Diamond will even get anything there, but I think it's worth a try. And I like that I could still use the $250 resort credit on restaurants through next month. I'd love to save it for Hawaii, but don't want to save for that and then have the trip get cancelled.

I'm looking at the Covid benefits and see that they are extending 2020 status through March 2022. I would think that would apply. I'm not sure if that will end up being longer than normal if I cancel the card after one year. I finished 15k spend on 2 Hilton cards in May and I'm thinking I'd better apply soon to try and avoid the popup. Ideally I'd like to wait for an elevated offer, either on the card or cross support, but if I don't want the pop up I may just have to apply now and take what I can get.

With all this talk of home repairs, thought I'd chime in that we just signed on to have our roof replaced. Nothing like spending $5K without an MSR :(

Holy heck, are you only paying $5k for a new roof?? Mine was more than double that. And we have a dinky ranch. Nothing big at all. We paid $6k just in materials for roof and gutters. And all in checks. No credit card payment at all.

Holy heck, are you only paying $5k for a new roof?? Mine was more than double that. And we have a dinky ranch. Nothing big at all. We paid $6k just in materials for roof and gutters. And all in checks. No credit card payment at all.
Yes, we also have a dinky ranch - 1300 sq ft. Y’all are really making me appreciate the prices where we live. I was hesitant to pay that out of pocket. Now I feel I’m getting a real deal :rotfl:

Finished $5,000 MSR on P2's WF Business Platinum and the statement closed yesterday. 56,000 Rewards points already posted to her account. Also just got approved for my WF Business Platinum. Going to use all of our WF Rewards points for Disney World rooms hopefully early next summer.
I applied for the WF Biz card earlier this week. Do you remember how long it took to receive the card?

Man oh man both the Citi Website and the App (where the website directs you to go to Message them) are SO SLOW right now! What the heck!!!

FINAL REMINDER:
Support Link Thread Refresh is in process. I will remove the old threads on Friday or Saturday (and make an announcement when I do so). If you want your links to be in the new threads, follow the instructions below.

7/9/2020 - DISchurners Announcement #1 - Chase, Amex & Misc Support Link THREAD REFRESH

It's time for everybody's favorite event...the semi-annual refresh of the SUPPORT Link Threads.

As a reminder - ANYBODY is welcome to share their support links in these threads. The instructions are at the top of each one.

For those that have previously posted, the easiest way to move them over is:
1) Go to your OLD comment in the OLD thread (you'll see the old threads listed near the bottom of the DISchurners feed)
2) Click EDIT
3) COPY the entire comment text in the edit box
4) PASTE the comment text as a NEW comment in the NEW thread (you'll find the new threads near the top of the feed)
5) CHECK all links to make sure they are active and working and make sure that your description of the offer matches the actual offer!
You do NOT need to delete your old comment when done, you can just leave it in that thread.

This process will help you not have to re-do all your formatting.
Side Note: It is best to access DISchurners in old reddit. (https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/)

Side Note 2: I would also advise that you check to make sure that all of your links are accurate and working!!

I will post reminders for this over the next week or so and will then remove the old threads with only the new threads remaining.

One more general reminder, reddit flags many support links as spam. I then go in and manually approve them. I will keep an eye on that as we conduct the refresh and approve them all as quickly as possible! :D

I will be putting out a few announcements this evening as I work through a thread refresh. A reddit thread locks after 6 months and if we want to continue the discussion, a new one is created. To draw attention to some of the various topics we have available on DISchurners, I will do these as a series of announcements tonight.

If you'd like to join DISchurners, simply send me a PM here on the DISboards and we'll get you all setup!

Do any of the cards we like offer a "same as cash" for 6 months bonus on purchases? Asking for a friend (well, a sister-in-law). Thanks!

BTW this reminds me Barclay Uber card has a no interest on restaurant purchases today thru Feb 15th, 2021. From an email. Says to login to account and check Offers tab.

Last edited:
Totally off topic but want to share that my daughter is pregnant with a Disney princess due early January....our first grandchild :flower1:

We had a whole family trip planned for late October, early November at BWV.....cancelled that since it’s too risky for her to travel

Just spent 2 1/2 hrs on hold cancelling annual passes for everyone...

we now have 2 years of points to use in 2021/22 to bring her to WDW :cheer2:

Totally off topic but want to share that my daughter is pregnant with a Disney princess due early January....our first grandchild :flower1:
We had a whole family trip planned for late October, early November at BWV.....cancelled that since it’s too risky for her to travel,
we have 2 years of points to use in 2021/22 to bring everyone to WDW
Congrats! Very exciting indeed!! 😊

We had a whole family trip planned for late October, early November at BWV.....cancelled that since it’s too risky for her to travel

Your world will change! You are going to fall in love again!

Your world will change! You are going to fall in love again!
giphy.gif

Many congratulations. :jumping3:

(Sure feels good to hear some good news for a change!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter