I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't received the email or the extension. I have 2 with the Jan/2021 expiration, but I may use them before they expire anyway.

What's sad about these is that one was rec'd 0n Dec 25,2019 so my extension was for a month and the other came in early November 2019 so not quite 3 month extension. Maybe they haven't gotten to me yet.....
We have a 7 night cert still as well as 2 FNC's between dh & I. No email extending nor are the dates changed. Our last name starts with an 'A' so you'd think they would get to us pretty quick..

Well - tried to use the chat option to secure a retention option for my AMEX Plat and had no such luck. I explained that i enjoyed the card but that with the inability to use the travel features right now I was unsure if the annual fee would be worth it this next year. I was offered to downgrade my card but when I pressed for any other offers I was told that none were available for this card. Just a DP to add.

I also tried this when my Amex gold came up and got nowhere. I had used the card quite a bit so I was expecting something but nope, nothing for my card.

I also tried this when my Amex gold came up and got nowhere. I had used the card quite a bit so I was expecting something but nope, nothing for my card.

My Gold card fee posts in November. Last year I got a retention fee. This year I'm ambivalent about keeping it. I was going to downgrade my Marriott Brilliant, but got without asking an extra $100 plus some other points incentives, making it well worth keeping for the near future.

But, since I can't get the $100 gift card with the gold anymore, it's less valuable for my needs. In ordinary times the 4 points on groceries and restaurants was nice, but it didn't beat the recent cumulative 10 points from Brilliant, and most of my grocery shopping comes from Costco which is no Amex. I will call to cancel soon and see if they bridge the difference. I did use the card quite a lot and have a no fee Amex for my MR's that I've had for 20 years, so my very few points are safe.

I just got an email yesterday with an offer for a JetBlue Card from Barclays for 100,000 points. Peaked my interest, but wasn’t sure if I even want another airline card right now since I probably won’t be flying for another year.
I thought the same since there is a Biz offer too. But our airport is a SW hub so I am not sure it makes sense.

We have a 7 night cert still as well as 2 FNC's between dh & I. No email extending nor are the dates changed. Our last name starts with an 'A' so you'd think they would get to us pretty quick..

I read something on the Marriott website that stated all extensions would be processed in December - so I guess we won't see anything change for a while yet.

I thought the same since there is a Biz offer too. But our airport is a SW hub so I am not sure it makes sense.
I'm considering the biz offer. I've had that card before when it was 60k, so it would be interesting to see if I could get it again. Barclay usually makes me send in info or recon my apps with them for some reason, so that's kind of a pain. I have no plans to travel anytime soon, so it probably makes no sense to stock up on JB points. Then again, I'm working on the IHG spend now with no plans for how I'll use those points. 😁 I just keep thinking that someday I will travel and I'll be glad to have a boatload of points. It's hard to pass up a good biz offer.

Yup @Albort just shared. I am trading in my son's iPhone 8 to get $800 off. I ordered the 12 Pro 256 GB, so it'sl
$1100. The catch is, they pay it off monthly over 30/mos. When the 7 came out the did a similar offer with a trade in on a 6. So I did it back then too. My daughter wants the 12, so trading in her 8 plus for $800, and the 12 is $800. So just the cost of tax and the $30 upgrade.

We have the unlimited plan with the military discount (thanks to my ex). So we have 5 lines of unlimited for $125! So I don't mind the extra $10 it'll cost me for the 12 pro. In fact, I'm giving my ex my XS and "to be fair" he's going to pay 1/2 of my 12 pro cost, so it'll only cost me $5/mo.

We are going to do this deal also. But waiting for the Iphone 12 Max Pro. Went in to AT&T and was told they are doing Pre-orders on those on November 6th and was told the promo will still be going on. So going to get Me, DS and DD new phones. This is a great deal.

Life is good!

Looks like heaven to me! How about masks in the hotel, social distancing, elevator rules, etc. I ask for my planned Florida visit in January. All my hotel choices are pretty much based on how far away I can stay from most people. And are they doing room service or just takeout?

How about parking? Is it all valet or do they have self parking? A regular room would be okay for me. And probably cash as the room charge doesn't seem to be that expensive. Of course nothing in Clearwater/Tampa area is really high priced anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter