I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will some link me or just tell me anything I need to know about using a CP that might not be obvious already? Are there any blackout dates that a CP won't work? Any problems using it like maybe on international flights? Can you call to switch an already booked and paid for companion ticket to the CP?
No blackout dates
Never did an international flight but I’m pretty sure it works the same as a domestic flight
If you have a flight booked for the person who is going to be your companion....
With RR points...just go online and cancel...the points go back into the account....if you booked a $ flight...the funds have to be used within a year of the date the reservation was made
You can add the companion easily online in your RR account

Has anyone extended a Bonvoy FNC recently? What is the recommended timing for calling them?

Will some link me or just tell me anything I need to know about using a CP that might not be obvious already? Are there any blackout dates that a CP won't work? Any problems using it like maybe on international flights? Can you call to switch an already booked and paid for companion ticket to the CP?
One thing that took me a few trial and errors to figure out was, changing a flight that had companion attached. I had to cancel companion, make changes and then reattach companion. Not a problem, just a learning curve.

if you booked a $ flight...the funds have to be used within a year of the date the reservation was made
ooo OK somewhat related question... I need to go check my current funds. I have some credit from when I changed my November flight to a different time. I think I booked it in May or June, so does that mean I need to use that credit before May of this year?

I have read when you use the EIN they will ask you to fax or mail in a copy of the IRS form showing it.
Did you use Ein for CIP? I think all ein apps go through verification. So it is likely that.

Sorry about the CIP points.
I used EIN for my last app and it was instant approval. I've never had to verify anything (with any card company) and I've used EIN on a few apps.

ooo OK somewhat related question... I need to go check my current funds. I have some credit from when I changed my November flight to a different time. I think I booked it in May or June, so does that mean I need to use that credit before May of this year?
Yes if you booked it 5/1/19...you have to use it on a flight flown by 5/1/20

So annoying! The "best" I saw was Riviera with the Disney Visa for like $550 a night. Not worth that for a preferred studio to me :rotfl:

Still searching...
agreed I snagged 4 seasons suites for 199$ florida resident rate ive seen rack rate for 350s it seems better no I mean its still technically on property no?

There are no blackout dates. Every day and flight are fair game as long as there is a seat.

Yes, DS has been on many free flights to Punta Cana. You just pay the taxes.

Yes, as long as there is a seat (obviously there ”could” be anyhow if you are holding a ticket you are going to cancel. I hope you used points else you will get a travel credit that you don’t need for the CP. If the CP is on his own reservation, it’s easy to add the companion and cancel the flight yourself. If not, contacting SW is best.

i love the CP! We are already have 10 flights booked with DS flying free this year.
What would I do in this scenario?
I made a reservation for P2 and I. I then made another for DS on the same flight. Both cash.
I’ve just earned the CP and haven’t added online yet.
Thanks

Last edited:
Ok I'm really thinking the CP would be the best bet for us, but not sure which way to go about it. Thinking MDD since that would be lower AF but haven't heard from anyone who's been successful with that lately so it makes me a little nervous. I know we're limited here so can anyone with experience message me or post on reddit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter