I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife would be interested if its still available... She didn't know this was a gap outlet online and is now deep into the site. :rotfl2:

I only shop at the outlet whether it's online or in store. Partly because the only gap near me is an outlet and also they are such better prices for basically the same thing. They have cute disney stuff for kids too, but I only have a dog so I only look when they pop up in my ads on fb :)

Are you sure disney didn't do it? While the rumors about where the nba will be staying don't really include riviera, no one alsp knows for sure that it won't since caribbean beach is the rumored hotel they'll use.

Has chase called disney? Or can chase prove it was a chase peraon that ccancelled it?

I'd keep calling and keep escalating and I wouldn't hang up until it's figured out though I realize that may not be poasible but make them fix it or figure out who to report them to.
The guy I chatted with did call Disney, did confirm the reservation *could* be made. He could not do it over chat "in order to protect cc data". I immediately called and the person I got was unable to do anything. She supposedly tried calling, bit no one answered.

I'm a little calmer now. I'm going to book a backup somewhere. I'm going to call Chase each morning until I can hopefully get something done, hear about Riviera cancellations, or just accept it.

I do not think Disney cancelled. They are opening all DVC resorts 6/22. I don't think they're going to cancel deluxe reservations. I could see them cancelling mods, but not deluxes.

I do not think Disney cancelled. They are opening all DVC resorts 6/22. I don't think they're going to cancel deluxe reservations. I could see them cancelling mods, but not deluxes.

Right but the thought with the nba using cbr that they may also want the cash rooms at riviera. Though no one knows anything for sure yet.

But even I'd think they'd move you not just cancel it.

ETA And Jambo has nothing open until Jan 1, so people are tying to figure out that part too and if they are going to consolidate dvc into kidani. All I know is from the nba thread on news & rumors, without a trip and everything going on I'm not venturing to resorts or tpas right now.

What am I missing?? Just applied for DH to get the Chase Freedom and was denied. He’s 2/24 (he has a CSP and CSR - most recent card from Oct 2019). Credit score is 820+. We had a big balance on the CSR last month, but I just paid that off, and it’s showing on the Chase app as having been paid. I applied online (after logging in to his Chase account) and got an immediate denial with a note saying I’d get more info in 7-10 days. I assumed the CF was a slam dunk. Again - what am I missing??

What am I missing?? Just applied for DH to get the Chase Freedom and was denied. He’s 2/24 (he has a CSP and CSR - most recent card from Oct 2019). Credit score is 820+. We had a big balance on the CSR last month, but I just paid that off, and it’s showing on the Chase app as having been paid. I applied online (after logging in to his Chase account) and got an immediate denial with a note saying I’d get more info in 7-10 days. I assumed the CF was a slam dunk. Again - what am I missing??

AU counts?

Is his credit frozen or have any fraud alerts on it? And sure you used his login and his social and info? I ask because we've had people goof that part up before.

Right but the thought with the nba using cbr that they may also want the cash rooms at riviera. Though no one knows anything for sure yet.

But even I'd think they'd move you not just cancel it.

ETA And Jambo has nothing open until Jan 1, so people are tying to figure out that part too and if they are going to consolidate dvc into kidani. All I know is from the nba thread on news & rumors, without a trip and everything going on I'm not venturing to resorts or tpas right now.
I can't see them removing Riviera. Disney has to get the DVC resorts open so we can use our points. I know this was a cash stay so slightly different, but I just don't see them cancelling any of those reservations. I can understand Jambo. I don't know for sure, but I imagine they can shift all DVC over to Kidani, it's a 1-for-1 on the points I believe. What will you do with all the DVC point stays at Riviera? That's why the DVC resorts are scheduled to open 6/22, to allow points to begin being used.

I would think (hope) a stay booked at resort scheduled to be open would be offered a chance to move before being cancelled. My chat guy was on the phone with someone at Disney who confirmed my reservation was fine, though cancelled, and could be rebooked. My phone lady seemed rather clueless, I had to correct the dates on her more than once, she's the one that said the hotel canceled.

My email says "Thank you for contacting Chase Travel about a refund request for Disney's Riviera Resort. We are pleased to tell you that Disney's Riviera Resort has approved your refund.
Chase Travel has initiated your refund to the card used on your original booking."
I think if the hotel cancelled that would be worded differently.

Brief searching- NBA arrives 7/31 at CSR and MLS 6/24 with no details on location at this time (I'm guessing Jambo).

The guy I chatted with did call Disney, did confirm the reservation *could* be made. He could not do it over chat "in order to protect cc data". I immediately called and the person I got was unable to do anything. She supposedly tried calling, bit no one answered.

I'm a little calmer now. I'm going to book a backup somewhere. I'm going to call Chase each morning until I can hopefully get something done, hear about Riviera cancellations, or just accept it.

Check out this thread, people are reporting that their cash Riviera reservation was cancelled by Disney.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/resort-change-by-disney.3802935/page-16

Is his credit frozen or have any fraud alerts on it? And sure you used his login and his social and info? I ask because we've had people goof that part up before.

I definitely used his login - it didn’t ask for his social (I assumed because I logged in under his account). All I had to provide was his income, phone number and whether any income was not taxable.

What will you do with all the DVC point stays at Riviera? That's why the DVC resorts are scheduled to open 6/22, to allow points to begin being used.

Doesn't matter if they open it for dvc, they can move people on cash stays if they want and need the space. There's also some discussion on whether moving someone that has a contract strictly for jambo can really be moved to kidani. But like I said, I'm only reading on the nba thread so there could be more discussion elsewhere though the threads on news & rumors seem to get a wide variety of posters.

I definitely used his login - it didn’t ask for his social (I assumed because I logged in under his account). All I had to provide was his income, phone number and whether any income was not taxable.

No idea. If you don't want to wait for the letter he can call and ask since it seems odd to you.

I can't see them removing Riviera. Disney has to get the DVC resorts open so we can use our points. I know this was a cash stay so slightly different, but I just don't see them cancelling any of those reservations. I can understand Jambo. I don't know for sure, but I imagine they can shift all DVC over to Kidani, it's a 1-for-1 on the points I believe. What will you do with all the DVC point stays at Riviera? That's why the DVC resorts are scheduled to open 6/22, to allow points to begin being used.

I would think (hope) a stay booked at resort scheduled to be open would be offered a chance to move before being cancelled. My chat guy was on the phone with someone at Disney who confirmed my reservation was fine, though cancelled, and could be rebooked. My phone lady seemed rather clueless, I had to correct the dates on her more than once, she's the one that said the hotel canceled.

My email says "Thank you for contacting Chase Travel about a refund request for Disney's Riviera Resort. We are pleased to tell you that Disney's Riviera Resort has approved your refund.
Chase Travel has initiated your refund to the card used on your original booking."
I think if the hotel cancelled that would be worded differently.

Brief searching- NBA arrives 7/31 at CSR and MLS 6/24 with no details on location at this time (I'm guessing Jambo).
I'm so, so sorry. I feel like someone posted on one of the resort threads that Riviera is now showing no availability at all for cash or dvc rooms for the next month or so. I have no idea how NBA is playing into this as it seemed they were only taking over CSR. But it appears Riviera is not bookable and someone posted their friend, who was staying at CBR, was contacted by Disney today and moved to another DVC.

Check out this thread, people are reporting that their cash Riviera reservation was cancelled by Disney.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/resort-change-by-disney.3802935/page-16
I'm so, so sorry. I feel like someone posted on one of the resort threads that Riviera is now showing no availability at all for cash or dvc rooms for the next month or so. I have no idea how NBA is playing into this as it seemed they were only taking over CSR. But it appears Riviera is not bookable and someone posted their friend, who was staying at CBR, was contacted by Disney today and moved to another DVC.
The only thing I saw was 7/15-8/15. Our stay was 7/10-13. I feel like if Disney cancelled I would have gotten some type of notification from them.

So, 2 rooms at B Resort or 2 rooms at Wyndham Garden LBV. That's all I see for DS hotels. Should I just look beyond that?

ETA: No Wyndham Garden, those appear to be double beds and that's not happening lol I'd end up on the floor, my husband is too tall for that.

Wyndham Grand looks like a maybe, but not a "Disney" hotel.

The only thing I saw was 7/15-8/15. Our stay was 7/10-13. I feel like if Disney cancelled I would have gotten some type of notification from them.
I think all stays prior to the parks opening (if not on dvc points), are going to be cancelled :( Others are reporting their stays are being cancelled. Since you are booked through a "TA" (from Disney's perspective), I believe Disney is filtering all communication through the TA's.

So, 2 rooms at B Resort or 2 rooms at Wyndham Garden LBV. That's all I see for DS hotels. Should I just look beyond that?

ETA: No Wyndham Garden, those appear to be double beds and that's not happening lol I'd end up on the floor, my husband is too tall for that.

Wyndham Grand looks like a maybe, but not a "Disney" hotel.
My concern is those resorts may or may not get priority booking for park reservations. I think Swolphin is your best bet. Our dates for Swolphin are $700+ a night but maybe your dates are better...?

My concern is those resorts may or may not get priority booking for park reservations. I think Swolphin is your best bet. Our dates for Swolphin are $700+ a night but maybe your dates are better...?
That's why I wanted a Springs hotel, which would be B Resort. My APs and existing ticket should have me covered there, but I did have a little more confidence with my Riv stay.

Checked DVC site, my Riv room is fully available on points for my dates.

That's why I wanted a Springs hotel, which would be B Resort. My APs and existing ticket should have me covered there, but I did have a little more confidence with my Riv stay.

Checked DVC site, my Riv room is fully available on points for my dates.
Oh, that is really infuriating. I have no idea then. I'm so angry and sad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter