I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I just both got Hyatt cards, we applied the same month because it is nice to have the free certificated post at the same time. I applied first using someone's support link on DISchurners, as soon as the card appeared on my Chase account I was able to create a support link for DH. I was approved on 4/15 and he was approved on 4/16.

I have the older Hyatt card. Want to get the newer one also but still waiting for 5/24. Won't be my first card that I go for, but I like Hyatt points and will try to get another soon as I can.

I was sort of thinking of taking the 188K UR I had tied up in Riv and booking 4 day hoppers for Universal and 3 nights in a kid suite at Sapphire Falls. I'd still have UR left over. Staying onsite at Universal gets you in the park right? I still have 2 nights at Boardwalk and a car rental so we would be fine to drive over to Disney if I could get in one day.

But, I think I have something else in the works...

That sounds like a plan. I really liked staying onsite at Universal.

Way off topic..... What is etiquette for a telehealth visit with your Dr. Have a follow up visit using telehealth. Waiting 10 mins past my appointment time right now. Is it like in the office where you just wait until they get to you or do you "hang up" at some point? I guess I assumed these would be better at being kept to the starting time. My mistake.

Way off topic..... What is etiquette for a telehealth visit with your Dr. Have a follow up visit using telehealth. Waiting 10 mins past my appointment time right now. Is it like in the office where you just wait until they get to you or do you "hang up" at some point? I guess I assumed these would be better at being kept to the starting time. My mistake.
FYI my husband waited 40 minutes to see his doctor via teledoc on Tuesday

So, 2 rooms at B Resort or 2 rooms at Wyndham Garden LBV. That's all I see for DS hotels. Should I just look beyond that?

ETA: No Wyndham Garden, those appear to be double beds and that's not happening lol I'd end up on the floor, my husband is too tall for that.

Wyndham Grand looks like a maybe, but not a "Disney" hotel.
You could always try renting from Dave's DVC. It doesn't hurt to try and they let you know pretty quickly if rooms are available

YAY! My 1st born was the "overacheiver" baby. I was in an online baby group, and one mom was local to me. All the other moms thought I was lying or bragging. Luckily my (now bestie) local mom friend had my back, LOL. She would be like, nope...Maddie is sitting up at 6 weeks, walking at 9 mos, etc. Her brother was more lazy, LOL. He didn't walk till a few days after 1. Had only a handful of words, etc.

I was gonna say, expired membership. I know because I'm in the same boat, LOL.

Let's hope the state is even more back to normal. Though the govenor opened up TC before memorial day. My BF and I are SOOOOO excited to go out to dinner. He said last night, get ready to be going out A LOT, LOL.

I keep wavering on applying for a new card. I'm debating trying for a Chase Biz (I know they haven't been nice w/ the approvals) vs the "free" Chase IHG. Do we have confirmation on Amex only allowing 4 now? I have that open 5th slot I was thinking of getting the free Hilton Amex, but I have the 4 slots filled right now.

Does anyone else hesitate on applying for a new card? I keep going back and forth on getting a new card, LOL.
I sure hope so. My parents are flying up today. I wish they had waited another week or so but the season is so short.

Due to some minor health issues I've had 3 of them. First time I was all confused. I figured someone would pick up. But they didn't and I kept hanging up and calling back. Finally I called the desk instead of the DUO number. They said he's still with a patient and will call you back. 45 minutes later the call finally came. I don't wait that long in the office.

So, after consultation with the desk, they said call once and if no answer, hang up and he will call back. He called back regular line and asked what phone I had and made sure I had DUO and then called me on that.

Third visit - was 15 minute from first call until I had finished my appt so I imagine a lot of the earlier delay was people getting used to the system.

I think it's time for me to get into MRs. And not sure where to start.
I used to get the 100K platinum offer in the mail all the time, before my Hilton Amex - I don't get it anymore. But I don't think I'd go for that one anyway. With the limited amount of travel we'll be doing this year, I just can't justify the annual fee.

The gold, on the other hand, is a possibility. Grocery stores is a big spend for us, so I like the idea of 4X on that one.
I'm seeing 35,000 as the public sign-up offer - does it get higher?

Is the personal gold a good place to start?

Here are my stats:
05/18 Chase Ink Preferred - closed
08/18 Chase Sapphire Reserve - Changed to CF
08/18 Chase Sapphire Preferred - closed
11/18 Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus - closed
01/19 Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business - closed
04/19 Chase Ink - closed
06/19 Barclay Arrival Plus
08/19 Southwest Performance Business
09/19 Hilton Honors Business
10/19 Chase Ink Preferred 3rd
2/2020 Chase Ink Unlimited (CIU)
3/2020 Capital One Venture

FYI my husband waited 40 minutes to see his doctor via teledoc on Tuesday
Due to some minor health issues I've had 3 of them. First time I was all confused. I figured someone would pick up. But they didn't and I kept hanging up and calling back. Finally I called the desk instead of the DUO number. They said he's still with a patient and will call you back. 45 minutes later the call finally came. I don't wait that long in the office.

So, after consultation with the desk, they said call once and if no answer, hang up and he will call back. He called back regular line and asked what phone I had and made sure I had DUO and then called me on that.

Third visit - was 15 minute from first call until I had finished my appt so I imagine a lot of the earlier delay was people getting used to the system.
This was my first attempt at a telehealth visit. On the positive side, they had good video tutorials on how to set it up, what to do ahead of time. I didn’t have to get in the car and drive 20 mins and then go in the office.

Bad side, the 25 minute wait on line. I just wasn’t sure what to do, but made the right decision to just sit on the screen that said host hasn’t started the call yet. Actual visit, just a follow up, was only 10 mins.

Overall thumbs up. And know that I know what to expect, it will go easier next time.

So I’ve been contemplating getting the Chase Sapphire card for a while now. We currently have SWA RR Priority card and we use the heck out of it each month for the rewards. We do pretty well with it, never carry a balance, and have been happy to fly around the US for free for a couple of years now. The sole intent of upgrading to the Sapphire would be to use the URs on American or United, as my son will be attending university outside of the US. We’ll have to fly him back and forth once a year so he can renew his student visa and we want to go visit him as well! We’re also looking at a trip to London before he leaves for school, so we could use URs on British Air which would work out great.

So after obtaining a Sapphire, do people typically keep their SWA RR cards just for the annual bonus points, $75 travel credit, and 4 upgrades? We always come out ahead on those benefits vs. the $149 annual fee so my thinking is yes. And 5/24 is not an issue for us because we are not constant churners. Please let me know of any flaws in my plan and thanks for your opinions gurus!

I think it's time for me to get into MRs. And not sure where to start.
I used to get the 100K platinum offer in the mail all the time, before my Hilton Amex - I don't get it anymore. But I don't think I'd go for that one anyway. With the limited amount of travel we'll be doing this year, I just can't justify the annual fee.

The gold, on the other hand, is a possibility. Grocery stores is a big spend for us, so I like the idea of 4X on that one.
I'm seeing 35,000 as the public sign-up offer - does it get higher?

Is the personal gold a good place to start?

Here are my stats:
05/18 Chase Ink Preferred - closed
08/18 Chase Sapphire Reserve - Changed to CF
08/18 Chase Sapphire Preferred - closed
11/18 Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus - closed
01/19 Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business - closed
04/19 Chase Ink - closed
06/19 Barclay Arrival Plus
08/19 Southwest Performance Business
09/19 Hilton Honors Business
10/19 Chase Ink Preferred 3rd
2/2020 Chase Ink Unlimited (CIU)
3/2020 Capital One Venture
There is a higher offer if you use a support link, I just checked mine and the regular support link is 40,000 for $4K spend, but then I opened the same support link in Chrome Incognito it changed to 50,000 for $4K spend.

So I’ve been contemplating getting the Chase Sapphire card for a while now. We currently have SWA RR Priority card and we use the heck out of it each month for the rewards. We do pretty well with it, never carry a balance, and have been happy to fly around the US for free for a couple of years now. The sole intent of upgrading to the Sapphire would be to use the URs on American or United, as my son will be attending university outside of the US. We’ll have to fly him back and forth once a year so he can renew his student visa and we want to go visit him as well! We’re also looking at a trip to London before he leaves for school, so we could use URs on British Air which would work out great.

So after obtaining a Sapphire, do people typically keep their SWA RR cards just for the annual bonus points, $75 travel credit, and 4 upgrades? We always come out ahead on those benefits vs. the $149 annual fee so my thinking is yes. And 5/24 is not an issue for us because we are not constant churners. Please let me know of any flaws in my plan and thanks for your opinions gurus!
Yes, we always keep at least 1 SW card open but it used to be for the referral points, but now we keep that one open for the benefits. The 4 upgrades themselves cover most of the fee.

And IMO URs are the most versatile points.

I think a lot of people cancelled their SW cards after a year or 2 to rinse and repeat on the Companion Pass. The $149 card is also fairly new. Now that things have changed with the SW card game, who knows what people will decide to do. But definitely keep it long enough to get the bonus points before you cancel, if you do cancel. I kept DH's priority after the first year, will have to reevaluate after this year to see what makes sense. The rules are changing so much now it is hard to make plans ahead of time.

You could always try renting from Dave's DVC. It doesn't hurt to try and they let you know pretty quickly if rooms are available
I think that's what I'm about to do, Plan C. Every DVC resort has availability for my days in a 1 bed except Jambo. How many alternate plans can I come up with?! I'm leaning toward OKW since it's the biggest room. Might as well since we'll likely be spending some time in it.

I don't think Chase can get this back for me, nevermind who canceled it. (On chat with them currently to see if they can tell me if Disney canceled) I have a strong feeling Disney is going to move everyone to Deluxes and there goes my room before I get a chance to rebook it.

Plan M, somewhere down the line, if my son does go which we're still waiting on, he can get us Shades of Green. Universal has been moved to Plan Z for now. It's just not a good park for me, though I did love the HP stuff.

2020, salvaging what we can.

ETA: Put in my request at David's. I feel confident with it. Gets me on site. We know DVC will be open, I see no reason a stay at OKW would be canceled. And I saved a bit since it's cheaper than Riv and I'll cash out UR to cover. I feel better now.

Last edited:
I'm new here, just me playing.
Tyring to follow the rules, so in the last 24 months:

4/20 - Barclays (for free financing on my daughters MacBook only - will have it paid off by Oct)
9/18 - Belk card
7/18 - Old Navy Card

Thats it for the last 2 years. I tend to open accounts only to get the savings, pay them off then never use them again, lol
I did upgrade my Chase Disney Visa to Premiere and upgraded my Citicard (from many years ago) to a Citi Double Cash, but I haven't used it yet.

I have a Chase Disney Premiere Visa that I opened in 2008 and use almost exclusively (along with Discover for 1% and 5% back in certain categories).
I pay the full balance every month on both with the exception of the occasional Disney trip that I pay off over a couple of months at 0%.
I'd like to get better at making the credit card thing work for me!
Monthly spend approximately $5-6k
We do not fly, so that's not an issue. We love to travel to Disney and Universal and beachy locations. No specific goals, would just like to travel for free!
I have 5 kids - ages 11-20. 2 are in college and will travel with us every now and then. I suppose I'd like to be able to take my whole family on vacation periodically. And since we have 5, my family will be big one day soon with in-laws and grandkids!

Where do I start? Thanks for helping.

Any words of caution why I shouldn't apply for a CSP today? My JetBlue card got opened May 4 and I met MSR. Balances are all low to 0. I have been trying to figure out timing for when some big purchases are coming down the line, and I'm stressed about not having the card in hand in case we make a last minute decision to buy that used pop up camper or something! (Which if we find one tomorrow, I'm probably still up that same creek of not having the card in hand even if I get instant approved today.)

I'm new here, just me playing.
Tyring to follow the rules, so in the last 24 months:

4/20 - Barclays (for free financing on my daughters MacBook only - will have it paid off by Oct)
9/18 - Belk card
7/18 - Old Navy Card

Thats it for the last 2 years. I tend to open accounts only to get the savings, pay them off then never use them again, lol
I did upgrade my Chase Disney Visa to Premiere and upgraded my Citicard (from many years ago) to a Citi Double Cash, but I haven't used it yet.

I have a Chase Disney Premiere Visa that I opened in 2008 and use almost exclusively (along with Discover for 1% and 5% back in certain categories).
I pay the full balance every month on both with the exception of the occasional Disney trip that I pay off over a couple of months at 0%.
I'd like to get better at making the credit card thing work for me!
Monthly spend approximately $5-6k
We do not fly, so that's not an issue. We love to travel to Disney and Universal and beachy locations. No specific goals, would just like to travel for free!
I have 5 kids - ages 11-20. 2 are in college and will travel with us every now and then. I suppose I'd like to be able to take my whole family on vacation periodically. And since we have 5, my family will be big one day soon with in-laws and grandkids!

Where do I start? Thanks for helping.
Hi and :welcome:

We always recommend your start with Chase because they have the 5/24 rule. And we would normally recommend the Chase business cards since they don't add to your 5/24, but since the pandemic started they have really tighten up their business card approvals.

We all love Chase because you can book pretty much anything (besides Disney) on their portal. And if you have one of their sapphire cards you get a better deal.

Most people start off with the Chase Sapphire Preferred because you get 60,000 URs for $4k spend and the annual fee is only $95. If you book through the Chase portal you can book hotels, air, and experience at a discounted rate of 1.25, meaning if you have a hotel that cost $100, you would only used 8,000 URs. The second other sapphire card is the Reserve, but that only gets your 50,000 URs for $4k spend and the AF is $550. You do get a lot more travel benefits to offset some of that fee. You get $300 travel credit and much more and the discount portal rate is 1.5 so that $100 room would only be 6,666 URs.

We are also big fans of Hyatt because they have a great brand, you can transfer Chase URs to your Hyatt account and book hotels for as low as 5,000 points. That card also has an AF of $95 but you get a free night certificate every year, the bonus is 25,000 points after $3k spend in 3 months, and another 25K with an additional $3K spend within 6 months.

We like to help each other our by using support links that can be found on our Reddit page. If you would like access one of our leaders here can grant you access.

Lots of helpful friendly folks around here, don't be afraid to ask lots of question.

Any words of caution why I shouldn't apply for a CSP today? My JetBlue card got opened May 4 and I met MSR. Balances are all low to 0. I have been trying to figure out timing for when some big purchases are coming down the line, and I'm stressed about not having the card in hand in case we make a last minute decision to buy that used pop up camper or something! (Which if we find one tomorrow, I'm probably still up that same creek of not having the card in hand even if I get instant approved today.)
Good luck!

Not sure if it would work or not, but we got emails for our CSP, stating we could add them to our Chase digital wallets and use them right away, before the card arrived. I did not try it, but that's what it said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter