I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, my oldest was a swimmer so I can sympathize with how much training they do. I know playing sports competitively eventually comes to an end, but I’m sad for these kids who have it ending prematurely. Hugs to her!

I agree. My youngest graduated this May and I felt so sorry for the kids who missed out on their final season of whatever sport it was. DS missed out on baseball, but his main sport is soccer and he got to do that in the fall. I would have been so sad for him to have missed it. It's such a big part of their lives at that age. The activities are what make school enjoyable.

Contacted Costco because the 'earliest delivery date' for my new fridge came and went without action.

I was told it would be August 17th before Samsung would ship it to the delivery service, and then the delivery service should get it to us 4 or 5 days after that.

So, 6 weeks, if the new info is accurate. Old fridge is limping along. Asked DD if she wanted me to pick up a small fridge for the interim as I won't let her stock a lot of perishables. She said no.

I'm attempting to use up as much as possible from the deep freezer as when I transferred from old fridge freezer to deep freeze, I ended up with a full freezer and a 'can't find it without moving too many things' issue. So I just tossed a lot of package remainders that were of disputable value, and found so much meat - I don't eat a lot of meat but daughter does. Now, to plan some meals around what is on hand and reduce this quantity.

We are just spoiled. No budget for food and both of us buy what we like and eat when we feel like it. Plus we went from no take out from March to June and then July opened up our area and we started ordering food.

So, now I just want to get more organized. Fish for dinner tonight.

Is there something on reddit about how to do this? I've always just gotten the bulk of my points through sign up bonuses and focused my time and energy on that, but with those becoming harder to get, I want to look into this, but don't know where to start.
I haven’t tried serve but I use visa gift cards to buy $500 money orders at Food Lion. I then deposit those in my checking account (not my primary one just in case).

You and I must be in the minority since no one else has chimed in. I have a ton of issues moving points from CIP's to CSR. I have to move points to several other points to finally end up on the CSR. This last time was really difficult. I feel like I tried every Chase UR-earning card we have and none were working. I SM'ed Chase to see if they'd move them for me and they wouldn't (I asked last month too and it was a no-go). It's really kind of ridiculous how hard it is. I get an error telling that "card isn't eligible" even though they are all UR cards and all household.
Do you have your UR cards link to your DH‘S CSR account? You like I have to daisy chain my accounts. So my CIP/CIC to DH’s CIC to my CSR. Where as I can link DH’s CIP, CIC or Freedom directly to my CSR. It’s pain the extra Step but I can get the points where I want them so it’s all good.
I have the daisy chain as well. DH's Biz go to my Biz and then my Biz is connected to my CSR. Just moved my 80K CIP bonus today. I'm going to miss that 🙁 :drinking1🙁

Is there something on reddit about how to do this? I've always just gotten the bulk of my points through sign up bonuses and focused my time and energy on that, but with those becoming harder to get, I want to look into this, but don't know where to start.
There is in our DISchurners group

Just to add a data point on the Freedom Unlimited. I applied at the end of July via a support link from DH. I mainly wanted it for the 5X on groceries but I also haven‘t had a personal card in over a year (spent the last year drinking from the CIPpy cup) and figured it would also be good for the 1.5 points on random purchases. I was approved immediately and got the card last week. I used it at the grocery but it didn’t code as 5X. I SM’ed them and their response was that to get the 5X on grocery you had to have applied in branch between July— September. I had to send them the link that I used to apply which included “click here to apply” and they are supposed to be updating my account to reflect the 5X on grocery.

So, if you applied for the FUL and don’t get the 5X on groceries, SM them to get it corrected.

Oh chase why are you being so difficult. Their response -

I'll be happy to review your request to consolidate the credit lines. Karen, we are unable to consolidate the credit line between your accounts as the available credit is zero on the card ending in 1329. Please call us at the number on the back of your card. We accept operator relay calls.

So did the first person actually do what I asked but sent me a we can't do it? My account still looks like it did this morning. I think I'll wait and see what it looks like tomorrow before I call. But really, did you think if I'm asking to move it you might check to see if it's already been moved when you see it's 0. :badpc:

I agree. My youngest graduated this May and I felt so sorry for the kids who missed out on their final season of whatever sport it was. DS missed out on baseball, but his main sport is soccer and he got to do that in the fall. I would have been so sad for him to have missed it. It's such a big part of their lives at that age. The activities are what make school enjoyable.
Completely agree with this. It is heartbreaking to see these kids miss out on their high school sports. DD's spring season was cancelled last year and this year (Sr year) they are already postponing and threatening to substantially reduce or cancel fall sports season. That is the center of her life at school. Without the opportunity to play sports, she does not care much about school. With sports, she was "all in" to the entire HS experience - grades, clubs, volunteering, etc. With no sports, she is "all out". Very sad.

Check your SW flights to make sure they haven’t been canceled! DD got an email a few days ago saying her flight time was being changed. No other emails. But the flight no longer appears on her acct and trying to look it up by confirmation number says it was cancelled. She’s on the phone with them trying to figure out how to get a flight home😡

If anyone has been waiting to see the Marriott AO ($50 off $200) appear on your Marriott card, mine showed up today. Previously, it was only on my Plats, Gold, BBP, and BCE. Worth a look if you're interested in it.

Yes, I added it to my Brilliant.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to maximize the 10x restaurant credit. First I received the Amex offers - 7x extra on restaurants - then I received a separate email saying 10x - enroll here. The $300 credit is good until 8/31, but my credit doesn't reset quite yet - I think it's the 23rd, so I don't have much of a window to use it in conjunction with the 10x.

I also have the 10x credit on my Marriott Amex Biz until end of October.

DH and I each have Amex offer for 10% back up to $40 at Staples. Is it safe to use this on the no fee VGC sale?

Did you try this and did it work? I'm trying to hit the free night on my Hilton Surpass but the offer showed on my Hilton Biz. The fine print says "Not valid for gift cards in bulk purchases". Is $1k a bulk purchase?

I still have $10k to get the free night. I need to get back onto the horse with this. I've been slacking!

And I answered, you can cancel the $1k CL card without causing any issues. :D
So I had to go to bed, so I SMd Chase asking them to close the card and they wrote back saying they closed it (yay!) with what I assume is standard verbiage:

"we closed your account ending in 7930 on August 6, 2020, as you requested. Your current balance is $95.00. This amount may change if you have pending transactions, interest charges or fee adjustments. "

I would have thought they would cancel/refund prorate the AF (it just posted)... can anyone share what their experience has been? Obviously I don't wish to pay the AF for a card I just canceled but this verbiage seems to sort of leave it open, like maybe they will remove/refund the AF but then again maybe they won't.

A bit of a datapoint for getting bonus offers matched. We had a very large expense last week which prompted us to get a couple new cards. I signed up for the United Explorer card on 7/30 with the offer of 40,000 points after $2k spend and an extra 10,000 points after $5k spend. Not great, but I figured 50,000 points is 50,000 points. I got an offer this afternoon for the same card with 60,000 for $3k spend. Just called Chase and they will not match the new offer. I might call again tomorrow to see if a different rep changes that, but we'll see.

Also of note, the same email today offered a 100,000 point sign-up for $5k spend for the United Club Infinite.... I sorely wish that was offered last week!

So I had to go to bed, so I SMd Chase asking them to close the card and they wrote back saying they closed it (yay!) with what I assume is standard verbiage:

"we closed your account ending in 7930 on August 6, 2020, as you requested. Your current balance is $95.00. This amount may change if you have pending transactions, interest charges or fee adjustments. "

I would have thought they would cancel/refund prorate the AF (it just posted)... can anyone share what their experience has been? Obviously I don't wish to pay the AF for a card I just canceled but this verbiage seems to sort of leave it open, like maybe they will remove/refund the AF but then again maybe they won't.
They should refund that AF within a few days. Every once in awhile they screw it up though so keep an eye on it.

That's a cool walker! I've never seen one like that.

Because we were walking on a dirt road and in the yard, we got her an off road walker with larger wheels. The walker has been worth its weight in gold for Mom and will eventually fit everywhere in her apartment If she needs it to. We did pad the part where the hand brakes are so she can lean on it a bit and will need to look for some soft black material. Her balance has been the most difficult thing to get back. I need to do some research on balance exercises soon but it just hasn’t made it on the list yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter