I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Yes, I think getting walked has more to do with when you show up vs how you pay for the room. As long as you are planning on checking in before the show I would think you'd be fine.
from my experience of seeing people being walked they actually consider loyalty first then the time you check in (I used to travel a lot for work) not sure if that's still the case now but this was the case for SPG/Marriot before the merger.
So it would be OTA then status then check-in time.

Okay frequent travelers on points: am I correct in thinking that I have seen reports suggesting that people who have booked hotel stays on points are more likely to get "walked" (is that the technical term?) when a hotel is overbooked?

Starting to stress a bit about the hotel for the TS show. Hyatt seems to have two good options, and I have lots of UR points, so I thought I might transfer the UR points to Hyatt. But ending up without hotel rooms would be a serious problem.

Am I being smart or paranoid to think it might be better to pay cash for at least one room (we will need two)?
You're being paranoid. Unless you are seeing repeated reviews of people being walked from the hotel the odds of being walked are very low. I would never book a room with cash instead of points because I was worried about being walked. I concur it has more to do with how late you show up, and with Marriott at least status plays into it too as it's more expensive to walk people with status due to their Ultimate Reservation Guarantee.

Make sure the room is actually available before you transfer points. A thing I hate about the Hyatt app is it will say the hotel is X points/night, you click it and then you have to click book now, and then it will show you if there is actually point inventory or it will give you a "we're sorry" message if it's only cash rooms available.

Okay frequent travelers on points: am I correct in thinking that I have seen reports suggesting that people who have booked hotel stays on points are more likely to get "walked" (is that the technical term?) when a hotel is overbooked?

Starting to stress a bit about the hotel for the TS show. Hyatt seems to have two good options, and I have lots of UR points, so I thought I might transfer the UR points to Hyatt. But ending up without hotel rooms would be a serious problem.

Am I being smart or paranoid to think it might be better to pay cash for at least one room (we will need two)?
The only time I almost got walked was when I booked via the Chase portal. Booking directly with the hotel (points or cash) and having status are most helpful.

I've gotten walked 'up' a couple of times. Each time I was called while enroute and asked if I would be able to accept the new hotel and I had the option of refusing. I refused on one occasion because the change would have resulted in a king bed for two people and my travel companion and I were not interested in sharing a bed.

On other occasions I changed hotels and once got a much more upscale room and the other time, had my points refunded in addition to getting a similar room elsewhere.

Thinking of staying one night at the Logan Philadelphia Curio Collection by Hilton. I only have Gold HH status and there might be a daily food & bev. credit. Since we would only be staying for one night would we only get the food & bev. credit for one day or would we get it for both days? Thanks for any thoughts.

Thinking of staying one night at the Logan Philadelphia Curio Collection by Hilton. I only have Gold HH status and there might be a daily food & bev. credit. Since we would only be staying for one night would we only get the food & bev. credit for one day or would we get it for both days? Thanks for any thoughts.

You'll only get the credit once, but you can probably use it either day.

One day and clarify with the front desk if you can use it either day.

You guys, I made a mistake. I accidentally applied for the Chase Ink Premier 😭 😭 😭
I didn't realize until I logged in to the Chase Travel portal to move my points and saw this message:
Moving points to Ink Business Premier is final and irreversible. Ultimate Rewards points cannot be moved from the Ink Business Premier card to another Chase card.
At least I'll earn 2.5% cash back on our roof replacement, should earn 19,000 points from that one transaction. I guess I'll cash out $1,200 from the SUB.
I did this SAME thing when applying for my Ink back in May! Meant to apply for the Cash Unlimited and instead got Business Premier. It’s not the end of the world - has a nice 75k SUB. I vowed after that to never do an application from my phone again!

I called Chase and told them what I did and the agent was nice but firm that they couldn’t do anything. She told me after a YEAR I could product change; hopped over here on the boards and was told just wait a few months and apply for the Cash Unlimited.

Just got the IHG deal and knocking out SUB pretty quickly, and I’ll be applying for Cash Unlimited in Oct/Nov to knock out SUB with Christmas and rest of our DCL cruise balance (going to do gift cards purchased at Staples).

Tell me about how to save on cruising. Specifically looking for spring or summer 2024 leaving Brooklyn (MSC) or Manhattan (Norwegian?) or NJ (RC). Interested in saving using OOP cash or Chase UR or Amex MR. Never cruised before so any information about anything and everything will be helpful. Destination would be bahamas/florida or caribbean for 7 nights.

Earned a free night reward through the Hilton Biz and its for a weekend night. Fyi for anyone planning on using it based on the any night they were allowing the last couple of years.
I just checked mine and dd's FNC from the Hilton biz and it reads as below. Did yours have specific wording preventing weeknight use? I sure hope they haven't changed the wording because they won't be nearly as useful to me (since I won't be able to use them for 4 consecutive nights).

Hilton Biz FNC.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter