I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Has anyone tried the 100k cap on offer that was posted yet? I blew through the most recent Ink spend in a month (vet bill and new camper) took quick care of that LOL.
The only thing I suspect* helps determine approval odds is the pre approval tool. If I were to apply for the offer I would use the Cap1 pre approval and see if a cc offer with a bonus offer popped up. If only secured or cc with no bonus offer popped I would pass.

*that’s all it is, a suspicion. The Cap1 algo is the ultimate churning mystery…

Looking for some advice...

I decided to buy 155 Grand Floridian DVC points directly from Disney and split the payments into 3 separate payments spread across 60ish days (down payment, payment #2 in 30 days, payment #3 in 60 days).

I put the down payment onto my CSR card (3x points), but was thinking of signing up for a new card to earn the signup bonus rewards.

I'm not anywhere close to the 5/24 rule for Chase and neither is my wife. I think the only card I opened in the last 24 months was the CSR and my wife only opened a store card with the local Tire shop for a discount.

My first question is currently 60k the best bonus offer for the CSP? Unfortunately I missed the 80k offer and sounds like opening the card in a Chase bank is gone too? I plan to sign up my wife for that card (she is already pre-approved for it) and then I can transfer the Chase Ultimate Rewards points to my account and use them with my CSR to increase their value. Should I wait until shortly before the last payment is due and hope the sign up offer gets better on the CSP?

Second question is - should I open a 2nd card and earn another sign up bonus, and if so - any recommendations on a card? Ideally it would be a card that tracks DVC purchases as Travel and earns extra rewards on travel, but it doesn't have to be.

I could easily charge the 2nd or 3rd payment to my CSR and earn the 3x UR points too with no signup bonus.

Likely whatever cards I open, I won't keep more than a year if they carry an annual fee like the CSP (I don't think it makes sense to keep a CSR and a CSP?)

I'll be paying off the charges in full within the grace period.

If it helps - I tend to mostly fly United Airlines (IAD is my closest airport which is a hub for United) and stay at Marriott hotels. I already have a Marriott Bonvoy AMEX (downgraded from the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant when they increased the annual fee).

Thanks!

I decided to buy 155 Grand Floridian DVC points directly from Disney and split the payments into 3 separate payments spread across 60ish days (down payment, payment #2 in 30 days, payment #3 in 60 days).

I put the down payment onto my CSR card (3x points), but was thinking of signing up for a new card to earn the signup bonus rewards.

I'm not anywhere close to the 5/24 rule for Chase and neither is my wife. I think the only card I opened in the last 24 months was the CSR and my wife only opened a store card with the local Tire shop for a discount.

My first question is currently 60k the best bonus offer for the CSP? Unfortunately I missed the 80k offer and sounds like opening the card in a Chase bank is gone too? I plan to sign up my wife for that card (she is already pre-approved for it) and then I can transfer the Chase Ultimate Rewards points to my account and use them with my CSR to increase their value. Should I wait until shortly before the last payment is due and hope the sign up offer gets better on the CSP?

Second question is - should I open a 2nd card and earn another sign up bonus, and if so - any recommendations on a card? Ideally it would be a card that tracks DVC purchases as Travel and earns extra rewards on travel, but it doesn't have to be.

I could easily charge the 2nd or 3rd payment to my CSR and earn the 3x UR points too with no signup bonus.

Likely whatever cards I open, I won't keep more than a year if they carry an annual fee like the CSP (I don't think it makes sense to keep a CSR and a CSP?)

If it helps - I tend to mostly fly United Airlines (IAD is my closest airport which is a hub for United) and stay at Marriott hotels. I already have a Marriott Bonvoy AMEX (downgraded from the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant when they increased the annual fee).

Thanks!
If you don't actually need to float the money, I think the best play, assuming you have a CIC, CIP or CIU is refer wife to CIP for 40k referral, have her refer you to CIP for 40k referral. Bonus is 100k on each card, $15k spend in 3 months on each card, 3x on the spend since I think this should count as travel is 150k. This would net you about 430k UR points. If you don't have one of the Ink cards already, then you'd wind up with 390k UR points.

Chase velocity question: Do you recommend waiting 90 days between a (first-timer) CSP and a (first timer) Ink? Or is it different with personal vs. business cards? We are blowing through our MSRs wayyyyy to quickly over here! :sad2:

Thanks!
Also, with a big purchase like this you could easily meet the $15K spend on a Biz Plat and earn the SUB. You could try to pull an elevated 150K MRs offer in incognito. You earn 1.5x points on purchases over $5K. Then refer DW and do it again, so with the referral bonus, which is min 15K MRs, it could be 360K MRs altogether. Now that's assuming you'd have use for these...

Finally got a free cruise from Carnival! I am not seeing a match to Royal anymore though? There are some pretty cool cruises on there, but we will likely stick with Caribbean to avoid school since we have a school year trip planned for this year and next school year already. Anyone sail from Galveston- how big of a PITA is it to get their from the airport?

Churning wise- anyone get great value out of their Wyndham points?

Trip inspo- we have been doing every state park in our state this year. Thinking about venturing to conquer all the major national parks next (not in a year though lol).
Curious how you got a free cruise from Carnival!.

I live in the greater Houston area, work in Houston proper, and am happy to answer general questions for you, if I can. I've lived here since '98.

We have two airports - Hobby (HOU) and Bush (IAH). You can count on the Galveston cruise terminal being about an hour from Hobby and about 1.5 hours from Bush if you're flying in in the morning. You can shave off about 15 minutes if it's not during rush hour. Both routes are relatively straight shots from the airports. Not a pain in the tail at all. We just cruised on Princess in April.

Quoting myself again...Delta just approved all the out of pocket expenses and will reimburse. Not a bad turn around time.
i agree delta is the best flew united recently 2 hour and 47 minute delay for a 2 hour flight could have took delta but since it wasn't non stop DW wanted to try it its making me question doing a non stop next year with them.

So I have a question. If DH gets another 10 night's at Hyatt before July 17th, he will hit Globalist. I have one small trip planned this year and nothing yet for 2024. It will probably cost me about $1k to do a couple mattress runs. I'm not sure it's worth it, but it was so nice to have when he had it a couple years ago. It seems like a lot of money to throw at a couple of free breakfasts. Any opinions?
since the thread people mentioned the resort fees and breakfast to track in my handy spread sheet I'm at ~3500 ytd in those fields alone not even counting my CPM, it really depends on how much you travel.

If you don't actually need to float the money, I think the best play, assuming you have a CIC, CIP or CIU is refer wife to CIP for 40k referral, have her refer you to CIP for 40k referral. Bonus is 100k on each card, $15k spend in 3 months on each card, 3x on the spend since I think this should count as travel is 150k. This would net you about 430k UR points. If you don't have one of the Ink cards already, then you'd wind up with 390k UR points.

Also, with a big purchase like this you could easily meet the $15K spend on a Biz Plat and earn the SUB. You could try to pull an elevated 150K MRs offer in incognito. You earn 1.5x points on purchases over $5K. Then refer DW and do it again, so with the referral bonus, which is min 15K MRs, it could be 360K MRs altogether. Now that's assuming you'd have use for these...

Thanks! I only have about $18K left to pay for the DVC contract (put down the first $10K on my CSR). I don't have any Chase Ink cards, so I don't think opening 2 cards requiring $15K spend would work (I guess I could maybe put some other charges onto them to hit the 2nd $15K).

Similar thoughts for an AMEX card.

Thanks! I only have about $18K left to pay for the DVC contract (put down the first $10K on my CSR). I don't have any Chase Ink cards, so I don't think opening 2 cards requiring $15K spend would work (I guess I could maybe put some other charges onto them to hit the 2nd $15K).

In that case, if the $30k MSR is out of the running for two CIP cards, then I’d say go for a CIC no fee card 75k for $6k spend, refer P2 for one, 40k for the referral, 75k for $6k spend. You’d get 208k UR points between the spend, bonus and referral.

The only thing I suspect* helps determine approval odds is the pre approval tool. If I were to apply for the offer I would use the Cap1 pre approval and see if a cc offer with a bonus offer popped up. If only secured or cc with no bonus offer popped I would pass.

*that’s all it is, a suspicion. The Cap1 algo is the ultimate churning mystery…
Only things the tool pops up is cards for good credit, even though their own credit tool says I'm an 820. What the worst that happens, a hard pull and a denial?

Only things the tool pops up is cards for good credit, even though their own credit tool says I'm an 820. What the worst that happens, a hard pull and a denial?
Yes, hard hits on all 3 bureaus.

So no bonus offer showed when you scrolled down on the pre approval comparisons? I got credit card offers but the bonus offer area said something like none. I was then denied when I tried to apply for a venture with a bonus.

You could also do a hybrid of @calypso726 's suggestions. Open a CIP, spend $15K --> 145K UR for the first $15K of your remaining balance. Once you have the CIP, refer P2 to a CIC --> 40K from the support, (I don't have a CIP anymore and am not sure if you can cross refer those specific products?), pay $3K and you're halfway through the $6K spend for the 75K UR. You could meet the rest of the spend buying DGC from office supply stores (5xUR) to use for paying your DVC dues down the line. That would get you 238K UR (if no 40K support bonus applies).

Last edited:
Yes, hard hits on all 3 bureaus.

So no bonus offer showed when you scrolled down on the pre approval comparisons? I got credit card offers but the bonus offer area said something like none. I was then denied when I tried to apply for a venture with a bonus.
yeah, they were the version of the cards for Good Credit, that come with no bonus offers

p2 shows bonus offers on his preapproval tool. maybe I should try for him instead.

Chase velocity question: Do you recommend waiting 90 days between a (first-timer) CSP and a (first timer) Ink? Or is it different with personal vs. business cards? We are blowing through our MSRs wayyyyy to quickly over here!
Yes..recommendation is 90 days between Chase card applications makes no difference if it’s a personal or business card …if you haven’t had any chase applications for at least 90 days before the CSP…you could go for an Ink at 60 ish

Just got immediate approval for Capital One Venture. It is estimated nearly 2 weeks until delivery.
Is it possible to use the card before the physical card arrives to charge a large purchase that is due?
My DH was just approved today also! Where did you see 2 weeks to delivery? In the app you can get card number to use online. Not sure how to use it in store though 🤷‍♀️

My DH was just approved today also! Where did you see 2 weeks to delivery? In the app you can get card number to use online. Not sure how to use it in store though 🤷‍♀️
The estimated delivery date was listed when I signed into the account for July 10. Maybe it's longer due to the upcoming holiday weekend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter