I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Starwood site just goes to the Marriott site for me with nothing showing. Earlier today it recognized me as a Marriott Rewards member. Now, nada. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I did receive a couple of emails from Marriott, first acknowledging my email and second to say they were working on it and that my email was helpful in locating the problems.

My Starwood goes to marriott too. So does DH's. I can't pull up Starwood at all, which is where I had 30k spg points parked. And they aren't showing up in my marriott.

I'm really bummed that I may miss out of the SPG personal and SPG lux. I just don't think I can get these two cards in the 3 day window. The problems. Im 4/24 with no CSR/CSP. I wanted a CIC too. I also am working on my huge MSR requirments with Amex right now. (19k left)

the off the rails plan that I probably won't be able to do, but if any of you have ideas to modify it id appreciate it.
Apply now for CIC.

8/26 do an App o Rama
CSP first
CSR next.
then Freedom?(probably should cut this out)
Barclay AA personal
Amex SPG
Amex Lux

My last Chase card was in December 2017. Anyone have any thoughts on my off the rails plan? Should I do Marriott Biz over the CIC?

ETA: history with Chase
April 2017 Freedom Unlimited
June 2017 2 Southwest cards.
November 2017 CIP
December 2017 Marriott

With a 19k MSR no way I would get a new card right now! If you do it you are braver and more motivated than I am.

If between Marriott Biz or CIC I would get CIC for the gift card possibilities. I really like the CIC.

I'm really bummed that I may miss out of the SPG personal and SPG lux. I just don't think I can get these two cards in the 3 day window. The problems. Im 4/24 with no CSR/CSP. I wanted a CIC too. I also am working on my huge MSR requirments with Amex right now. (19k left)

the off the rails plan that I probably won't be able to do, but if any of you have ideas to modify it id appreciate it.
Apply now for CIC.

8/26 do an App o Rama
CSP first
CSR next.
Barclay AA personal
Amex SPG
Amex Lux

My last Chase card was in December 2017. Anyone have any thoughts on my off the rails plan? Should I do Marriott Biz over the CIC?

November 2017 CIP
December 2017 Marriott

Remember, Amex usually doesn’t report new accounts until the close of the second statement (there were some scattered DPs of Amex cards reporting after one month earlier this year, but my SPG personal took 2 months), so you have approximately 2 months after getting the SPG cards before they add to your 4/24. You may not even get a hard pull, then Chase would have no idea you’d have these cards until they show up on your credit report.

Apply now for CIC.

8/26 do an App o Rama
CSP first
CSR next.
Barclay AA personal
Amex SPG
Amex Lux

November 2017 CIP
December 2017 Marriott
I Personally think the CIC signup bonus is worth more than the Marriott Biz...so I'd go with CIC.

As far as your BOLD plan goes...Wow...just wow, haha.

1) Apply now for a CIC sounds good.
2) I would definitely cut the Freedom out. If that is the card that pushes you over the edge to a shutdown you'd lose 160k+ URs from the CIC, CSR, CSP over a dinky freedom card...
3) Is AMEX still delaying reporting to your credit report? You could potentially do SPG and Lux and then do CSP, CSR in September...(though that could be risky).

I probably would't do what you're doing...that said...if you can get approved for CIC, CSP, CSR in a 1 week time span you probably could just slide by safely with Chase.

Apply now for CIC.

8/26 do an App o Rama
CSP first
CSR next.
Barclay AA personal
Amex SPG
Amex Lux

November 2017 CIP
December 2017 Marriott
Drop the Freedom for sure, I would not want to risk problems with Chase when you are this deeply invested with them. I'm not sure about the CIC tbh, that would put you at 8 Chase cards when all said and done so I'm just honestly not sure there. I would probably pass but I'm a notorious scaredy cat.

I'd say try for the Arrival Plus with it's kinda 6/24 rule instead of the AA personal but that would add 5k more to your MSR.

When your cards come in SM Chase to get the exact date you need to meet the spend by, you should have a couple more weeks on those cards than on the Amex cards.

Godspeed with those spends @speedyfishy !

I got an email yesterday from Starwood Hotels (ironically enough on conversion day). It is from The Westin Kierland Villas in Scottsdale, Arizona. Book a 5 day/4 night stay for $349 and receive 15,000 points or a $75 Resort Certificate. I guess if "schedule uncertain" you can pay the $200 now to hold the package and pay remaining when you book rooms. I would get the resort certificate. Looking at rack rate of hotel rooms it looks like around $450 a night when we would go (next February). Any thoughts if good deal or not?

I got an email yesterday from Starwood Hotels (ironically enough on conversion day). It is from The Westin Kierland Villas in Scottsdale, Arizona. Book a 5 day/4 night stay for $349 and receive 15,000 points or a $75 Resort Certificate. I guess if "schedule uncertain" you can pay the $200 now to hold the package and pay remaining when you book rooms. I would get the resort certificate. Looking at rack rate of hotel rooms it looks like around $450 a night when we would go (next February). Any thoughts if good deal or not?
I stayed there a few years ago on a work trip. I was in the hotel part, not the villas part. The grounds are gorgeous. They have a nice pool with a lazy river and an adults only pool. I think $349 for 4 nights is amazing. Not sure if you have to sit through a sales talk but I'd take it.

Apply now for CIC.

8/26 do an App o Rama
CSP first
CSR next.
Barclay AA personal
Amex SPG
Amex Lux

November 2017 CIP
December 2017 Marriott

I Personally think the CIC signup bonus is worth more than the Marriott Biz...so I'd go with CIC.

2) I would definitely cut the Freedom out. If that is the card that pushes you over the edge to a shutdown you'd lose 160k+ URs from the CIC, CSR, CSP over a dinky freedom card...
3) Is AMEX still delaying reporting to your credit report? You could potentially do SPG and Lux and then do CSP, CSR in September...(though that could be risky).

I probably would't do what you're doing...that said...if you can get approved for CIC, CSP, CSR in a 1 week time span you probably could just slide by safely with Chase.

I wouldn’t necessarily do this myself, but I generally agree with @SouthFayetteFan ‘s roadmap.

1. Apply for the CIC today. Forget the Marriott Biz. (50k UR and 5x UR categories $0 AF > 75k Marriott points and $99 AF on the Marriott Biz.)

2. Apply for the SPG personal ASAP. The SPG Lux is supposed to come out 8/23. Today is 8/20. Restrictions go into effect 8/26.

Amex supposedly has a 1 credit card in a rolling 5 days limit, although DPs are mixed whether that’s consistently enforced. So assuming there is that timing rule, if you get the SPG personal today, you should be able to get the SPG Lux on 8/25.

The Amex app won’t affect the CIC app because Chase’s 0/30 relates to Chase apps. Especially if Amex doesn’t do a hard pull, Chase won’t know about these cards for another ~2 months.

3. Apply for the SPG Lux on 8/25.

4. Forget the Chase Freedom.

5. Double dip the CSR and CSP 1-1.5 months from now. You need to wait 30 days after your CIC app to get in under Chase’s 2/30 rule for personal cards. You need to be 0/30 for those two slots on a double dip. Lower all your Chase CLs in preparation in the meantime so the lowered lines are reported when their next statements close in the next month or so before your double dip. Ideally, you’d want to give yourself more space, but you need to apply before the SPG cards show on your credit reports in ~2 months.

This assumes you’re not worried about meeting an extra $19k in MSR.

Last edited:
8/26 do an App o Rama
CSP first
CSR next.
Barclay AA personal
Amex SPG
Amex Lux
:scared1: And that is all I have to say about that plan!

If your P2 doesn't have a CIC, I'd go with that over the Marriott Biz. It's definitely a keeper card for us. Plus I'm annoyed with Marriott and regretting my new Marriott biz...

Another DISchurners thread that will meet its "doom" in 3-4 weeks is the Guide to AMEX biz cards: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/81j5pt/american_express_quick_guide_to_business_cards/

I'm not going to reactivate that one as there was no discussion on it. I think MANY of us here are now well aware of the advantages of AMEX biz cards (especially when you're under 5/24). We can all share that advice with newbies now as they progress in the game.

Reddit newbie, so don't know the ins and outs, but when it gets locked do you hide it or delete it? Does it get winked out of existence when you do whatever you do to it? If the page still exists after we can't see it, can we just link it to the wiki for historical reference? When it gets too outdated can remove it from the wiki too.
I thought it was a good at a glance for the relevant business cards out of the AmEx lineup, since they have so many. But agree it probably doesn't need to be front and center like the Guides to a program/process are.

With a 19k MSR no way I would get a new card right now! If you do it you are braver and more motivated than I am.

If between Marriott Biz or CIC I would get CIC for the gift card possibilities. I really like the CIC.

I'm hoping I can knock 8K of the MSR out today and tomorrow. I guess my plan also depends on how well that goes. Would you change between the CIC vs Marriott Biz if I told you SO has a CIC and we don't spend 50k a year to max that out? Im leaning towards the CIC but the marriott Biz gives me another free night at a Marriott. But I love UR's.

Remember, Amex usually doesn’t report new accounts until the close of the second statement (there were some scattered DPs of Amex cards reporting after one month earlier this year, but my SPG personal took 2 months), so you have approximately 2 months after getting the SPG cards before they add to your 4/24. You may not even get a hard pull, then Chase would have no idea you’d have these cards until they show up on your credit report.

i forgot about this. Do you think I should push off the CSR/CSP then? Im worried, but I think I would have time.

Ok, will def cut out the freedom. Idk if it is worth the risk to push off the CSR/CSP, but idk this is a lot of MSR.

Drop the Freedom for sure, I would not want to risk problems with Chase when you are this deeply invested with them. I'm not sure about the CIC tbh, that would put you at 8 Chase cards when all said and done so I'm just honestly not sure there. I would probably pass but I'm a notorious scaredy cat.

I'd say try for the Arrival Plus with it's kinda 6/24 rule instead of the AA personal but that would add 5k more to your MSR.

When your cards come in SM Chase to get the exact date you need to meet the spend by, you should have a couple more weeks on those cards than on the Amex cards.

Godspeed with those spends @speedyfishy !

Ill drop the freedom if I do this. It isn't worth it. I would do the arrival but the AA personal is one purchase which would help right now, but ill consider the arrival.

Im not too worried about the Chase MSR. Bank funding is easy and buying gift cards online with my name on them is super easy too. Its the crazy Amex MSR thats the problem lol.

Thanks everyone for the input. I thought you all would tell me no way! idk if I'm going to do this, but I need to decide soon. Ill try and knock of a lot of this Amex MSR and see how that goes.

I opened my dh a Biz green and put an Amazon reload on the card. The charge posted Aug 7 but his bonus still hasn't shown up. I got mine like two days after the charge posted. Anyone else have a bonus that took awhile?

Also, I used his spg biz link to apply for mine. When should I see those referral points in his account? It's been about a week since I applied. I've still not received my card yet.

So my BB/SB purchase from Friday went pending. Whoohoo!
I was going to run out and do another round of GC shopping today, but the Walgreens and staples RMN offers haven't cycled back to usable again yet. Anyone remember how long it takes after using them?

I wouldn’t necessarily do this myself, but I generally agree with @SouthFayetteFan ‘s roadmap.

1. Apply for the CIC today. Forget the Marriott Biz. (50k UR and 5x UR categories $0 AF > 75k Marriott points and $99 AF on the Marriott Biz.)

2. Apply for the SPG personal ASAP. The SPG Lux is supposed to come out 8/23. Today is 8/20. Restrictions go into effect 8/26.

Amex supposedly has a 1 credit card in a rolling 5 days limit, although DPs are mixed whether that’s consistently enforced. So assuming there is that timing rule, if you get the SPG personal today, you should be able to get the SPG Lux on 8/25.

The Amex app won’t affect the CIC app because Chase’s 0/30 relates to Chase apps. Especially if Amex doesn’t do a hard pull, Chase won’t know about these cards for another ~2 months.

5. Double dip the CSR and CSP 1-1.5 months from now. You need to wait 30 days after your CIC app to get in under Chase’s 2/30 rule for personal cards. You need to be 0/30 for those two slots on a double dip. Lower all your Chase CLs in preparation in the meantime so the lowered lines are reported when their next statements close in the next month or so before your double dip. Ideally, you’d want to give yourself more space, but you need to apply before the SPG cards show on your credit reports in ~2 months.

Thanks for outlining this out for me! I can do the SPG personal app before the CIC right? This is so insane, Im going to think about it and try and knock out 8k MSR in a few hours and if I manage ill pull the trigger on the CIC and SPG personal today.

the 19k MSR is a lot but 11k of it is Chase. I need to slow down though.

I opened my dh a Biz green and put an Amazon reload on the card. The charge posted Aug 7 but his bonus still hasn't shown up. I got mine like two days after the charge posted. Anyone else have a bonus that took awhile?

Also, I used his spg biz link to apply for mine. When should I see those referral points in his account? It's been about a week since I applied. I've still not received my card yet.

If the Biz Green is your husband’s first MR card, his first MR points (and the bonus) should post at the close of his second statement.

If the Biz Green is your husband’s first MR card, his first MR points (and the bonus) should post at the close of his second statement.

Great, thanks!! Yep, first MR card for him

Any thoughts on the spg biz bonus? Hoping it doesn't get lost in the merger stuff.

@speedyfishy, I think this is laid out perfectly (but I’d rather expext nothing less from @Lain) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter