I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my BB/SB purchase from Friday went pending. Whoohoo!
I was going to run out and do another round of GC shopping today, but the Walgreens and staples RMN offers haven't cycled back to usable again yet. Anyone remember how long it takes after using them?

As soon as they become payable, you can use again- up to 3x in a calendar month for each merchant. Last time I checked though, neither Staples or Walgreens were running worthwhile offers :( Let me know if you see something good on the app!

Thanks for outlining this out for me! I can do the SPG personal app before the CIC right? This is so insane, Im going to think about it and try and knock out 8k MSR in a few hours and if I manage ill pull the trigger on the CIC and SPG personal today.

the 19k MSR is a lot but 11k of it is Chase. I need to slow down though.

Yeah, I think timing wise it doesn’t really matter between the CIC or the SPG first. You need to get on both ASAP to get the clock started on timing your next apps (the CSR+CSP double dip and the SPG Lux, respectively).

I would conservatively apply for the CIC first because Amex did do a hard pull on my SPG personal app (but didn’t report for 2 months), and Chase seems a little more inquiry sensitive than Amex. Chase will certainly do a hard pull for the CIC, but conversely Amex seems less inquiry sensitive than Chase.

Reddit newbie, so don't know the ins and outs, but when it gets locked do you hide it or delete it? Does it get winked out of existence when you do whatever you do to it? If the page still exists after we can't see it, can we just link it to the wiki for historical reference? When it gets too outdated can remove it from the wiki too.
I thought it was a good at a glance for the relevant business cards out of the AmEx lineup, since they have so many. But agree it probably doesn't need to be front and center like the Guides to a program/process are.
I typically delete them. The problem with my amex biz card thread is that I haven’t kept it updated, lol!

Hello CC Wizards!

I've read through some of this thread, and WHOA. So much I don't know! I was hoping y'all could lend your expertise in our situation.

Currently, we have a Disney Chase VISA (opened 2012), and a Premier Rewards Gold AMEX (opened 2012). We use the AMEX for any and all purchases we can (about $3k spend/month), and the Disney card for bigger purchases, and discount purposes on our frequent Disney trips (we are close enough to WDW for day trips and are APs). We had a Chase Freedom that closed this year due to inactivity. My credit score is in the high 700s, and my DH's is low 700s. Neither of us have opened any new accounts in the last 2 years (besides a car loan in 2016).

We have 260K Membership Reward Points banked with the AMEX. I've received an offer to upgrade to Platinum, for 25K bonus points (with a $2k spend in the next 2 months).

Our goals in the next couple of years are to travel to Disneyland, and take our kiddos to see snow (thinking Banff, or somewhere out west!). We also love cruising! I have a feeling we're not maximizing our monthly spend to get all we can get. We're looking to make a bigger purchase (new flooring) in the next month or so, and may finance some of that.

Both my DH and I are willing to open accounts to get the most benefits.

Thoughts? Please let me know if you need more information!! :-)

ETA: Neither of us have any type of "side hustle" for business card purposes. I have been thinking of ways to change that though!!

Wow, catching up on here and r/churning since I've been busy all week. Finally read that controversial article that was published and that is a big blow to the game.

Is everyone planning to PC their CIP's since 3x on Plastiq is dead?

I couldn’t login to my SPG/Marriott account all day yesterday. It wasn’t showing any of my points said maintenance etc and now it’s working today but there is no availability for Bora Bora. I even am searching for flexible dates.

I booked a stay at the Prince de Galles in Paris. I think this is temporarily discounted too but I could be wrong. I am like 50/50 on canceling though. We tentatively have Rome in April and I got dates for this in May so it may not work.

Was anyone able to book any of these category 7s that are going up in price next year?

There is availability in April and May for the Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman at cat 7 pricing, which is going to a cat 8 next year. Although, it isn't one of the coveted "all suites" resorts that are bookable at cat 7 pricing. Maybe that is why there is limited availability?

Wow, catching up on here and r/churning since I've been busy all week. Finally read that controversial article that was published and that is a big blow to the game.

Yup. So disappointed.

Hello CC Wizards!

I've read through some of this thread, and WHOA. So much I don't know! I was hoping y'all could lend your expertise in our situation.

Currently, we have a Disney Chase VISA (opened 2012), and a Premier Rewards Gold AMEX (opened 2012). We use the AMEX for any and all purchases we can (about $3k spend/month), and the Disney card for bigger purchases, and discount purposes on our frequent Disney trips (we are close enough to WDW for day trips and are APs). We had a Chase Freedom that closed this year due to inactivity. My credit score is in the high 700s, and my DH's is low 700s. Neither of us have opened any new accounts in the last 2 years (besides a car loan in 2016).

We have 260K Membership Reward Points banked with the AMEX. I've received an offer to upgrade to Platinum, for 25K bonus points (with a $2k spend in the next 2 months).

Our goals in the next couple of years are to travel to Disneyland, and take our kiddos to see snow (thinking Banff, or somewhere out west!). We also love cruising! I have a feeling we're not maximizing our monthly spend to get all we can get. We're looking to make a bigger purchase (new flooring) in the next month or so, and may finance some of that.

Both my DH and I are willing to open accounts to get the most benefits.

Thoughts? Please let me know if you need more information!! :-)

ETA: Neither of us have any type of "side hustle" for business card purposes. I have been thinking of ways to change that though!!
Welcome to the thread! You and your husband are at a GREAT PLACE we call 0/24 (meaning no new accounts in 2 years) and that means that ALL cards are available to you!

If you would be open to a business card that could affect our recommendations.

The basic answer for you here is we are going to start with Ultimate Rewards cards (URs) which are some of the most versatile points out there. The most likely recommended cards include Chase Ink Preferred (CIP - biz card), Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR), Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP), Chase Ink Cash (CIC), and they have 3 other cards too we discuss at times.

Other info that might help...Do you have an airline of choice? Does Southwest fly out of your airport to convenient destinations? Do you have a preferred hotel chain (that maybe you already have some opints with)?

@Lain - sorry to hear about your MIL. Been through this with my MIL and my mom. Very sad times...

I just looked and between DH and I - we have signed up for 9 cards since the end of May (Crazy) and trying to figure out next plan.

DH:
CIP - End of May (Already received points and used towards cruise in March)
Barclay Arrival + - July (Have about $300 more towards MSR, which will be done in a few days)
AM Green Business - August (1 purchase - Done. Points Pending)
Barclay AAdvantage Business - (Had to send in documentation - waiting on this card - only need to make 1 purchase)

After August DH is at 3/24. He has never had a Marriott card or could wait a month or so and go for CIC or get EIN and try for CIP again - or is that cutting it too close. Want to double dip CSR/CSP but that won't be until at least beginning of 2019.

Me:
AMEX Gold Business - July (Spend done - points pending)
AMEX Green Busienss - August (1 purchase done - points pending)
CIP - August (just got card on Friday and have $100 left on spend - that will be done later today)
Barclay AAdvantage Business - August (had to send in documentation - waiting on card, only have to purchase 1 item)
Barclay Arrival + - August (Applied on 16th - still waiting on approval - is there a # to call? Since this is MC can do Plastiq to pay Mortgage so that will knock off MSR on that card)

So, if I get the Barclay Arrival + - I will be at 5/24. Will be 4/24 in November.

Should I cool it a while or have DH get a card? At some point would like to get in the AA Citi Business Card game but will alternate those and use those for Plastiq payments also as they are MC. Also would double dip CSR/CSP but not until probably mid - late 2019. (Next May will have Marriott drop off and SW in June so I do have a little flexibility..)

Open to any suggestions. Thanks.

I’ll probably PC or cancel my wife’s CIP. Probably cancel because if you’re still under 5/24, you could sign up for the CIC and/or CIU and get 50k bonuses on each. No bonus for downgrading.

There’s still some value in keeping one CIP for eBay fees and shipping expenses, phone insurance, and referrals since the CIP still offers a solid 80k signup bonus.

I'm really bummed that I may miss out of the SPG personal and SPG lux. I just don't think I can get these two cards in the 3 day window. The problems. Im 4/24 with no CSR/CSP. I wanted a CIC too. I also am working on my huge MSR requirments with Amex right now. (19k left)

the off the rails plan that I probably won't be able to do, but if any of you have ideas to modify it id appreciate it.
Apply now for CIC.

8/26 do an App o Rama
CSP first
CSR next.
then Freedom?(probably should cut this out)
Barclay AA personal
Amex SPG
Amex Lux

My last Chase card was in December 2017. Anyone have any thoughts on my off the rails plan? Should I do Marriott Biz over the CIC?

ETA: history with Chase
April 2017 Freedom Unlimited
June 2017 2 Southwest cards.
November 2017 CIP
December 2017 Marriott

IMO don't let FOMO derail you. Personally I'd be :scared1: o_O :faint: if I had your current AmEx load, so for sure I wouldn't be adding any more any time soon. Even if I thought of another card I wouldn't be doing an app o rama.

As others said, skip the Freedom. I'd take your CFU and PC to a CF and then when it's time to PC a Sapphire get your CFU back (or apply for CF/CFU for the bonus at a later date if you don't decide to go lol/24, just something not now :) )

While the points stashes from the SPG's would be nice, you can transfer AmEx MR points again which should be easy to replenish given your MS for billions of MR points. I see something about a transfer up to 10k MR into the program but I haven't taken the time to dig in to figure out is that per transaction, per month / quarter / year / ever. (but I can't imagine it's "ever" so this should be feasible on some scale) And you can still do UR transfers too. So if you're in need of points before being eligible again for sign up bonuses, there's options.

I see the appeal of grabbing the SPG personal before it goes away, but the SPG Lux should be around for a bit and I'd have to imagine they'll hit the high offer on some deal again. I'd only do the Marriott biz over the CIC if you plan to keep it for a free anniversary night every year. Otherwise I think the 50k UR's will go further.

Don’t apply for the SPG personal yet. Typing more thoughts!

Yeah, I think Im going to wait to do the personal. Maybe I can get the CSR/CSP today too after I get the CIC? I just don't want to risk not being able to get the CSR/CSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter