I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had bus complaints until just now. Heading to MK for MVMCP and the app said the bus would be here at 211 and then at MK roughly 20 min later which was great. Then the bus sat in the load zone for just over 10 min. I don't understand why we had to sit and wait for more people. Even DS doesn't do that and the busses are less frequent. I had hoped to sneak past the parade through the shops to adventureland for my fp that's good til 310. Will have to battle people leaving now.

I also used an offer on the Thanx app this morning at Basin. It's like RMN etc, link your card. Basin uses it as their rewards thing. I'll get back 5 for a min 10 purchase to my CC rather than having to cash out. There's other places on there as well but nothing I'd use at home. I was able to combine it with my ap since the offer is linked to your card. I got the notification almost right after I made thr payment. Had to remember not to use my mb to pay :-)

ETA: Disney has made me change my whole outlook on hotel prices.

Isn't that the truth!

I was looking at monorail loop resorts. Then saw 1 bedroom at AKL-J pop up for $585/night. Thought, wow what a deal! :goodvibes Thought that because the monorail resorts are $600-$800 for standard rooms. :faint:

Then, when looking at regular hotels for hockey tourneys and stuff, I see $108/night or something and think it is the deal of the century. Don't even use points!:scratchin

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 7
You all have me intrigued since we have 6 years until DS starts college. What everyone going board to study or do? Pretty sure DS will be studying something science/math oriented since he detests writing and ELA.
DD19 is studying in the DCP how to pour Coca Cola and serve up fries for guests. :rotfl:And I am super excited about it!:jumping1:

Her actual major is currently neuroscience and she is planning to be a pharm sales rep. We shall see.

I know paying your phone bill with CIP gets 3x points... would paying off my device payment plan through the website do that too?
Paid off my daughter's phone in July with my CIP and got 3x. That was with ATT, through the website, didn't do anything special, just logged in and followed the prompts to pay off the phone early.

Isn't that the truth!

I was looking at monorail loop resorts. Then saw 1 bedroom at AKL-J pop up for $585/night. Thought, wow what a deal! :goodvibes Thought that because the monorail resorts are $600-$800 for standard rooms. :faint:

Then, when looking at regular hotels for hockey tourneys and stuff, I see $108/night or something and think it is the deal of the century. Don't even use points!:scratchin
I would never pay $600 for a standard room. That’s just crazy to me. We paid $380 for bc and I thought that was pretty high. I could see doing a villa if you’re splitting the cost but not for just Dh and I.

Wow the Initial CC funding counts? My DD was having a hard time setting up PayPal, it said she already had an account with that email but she never has set it up before. She is swamped with school work and not wanting to figure it out so I just said Oh well, no free $$ for you. I guess she should go ahead and use the Debit card 10 times and see if it still will give her the bonus.

Sorry I can't figure out the multi-quote. Yes this was PNC. When I looked at my online statement, not just the recent transactions the credit card funding was clearly listed as direct deposit. So I did the debits and bonus showed up 3 weeks later. I'd say it's worth having your daughter do the debits. Yes, I was surprised the credit card funding counted. It was a win win for me, $2000 towards MSR and $200!

Notre Dame has a 5 year Architecture program and they spend their entire 3rd year in Rome. Sounds cool.
That's interesting. I'll have to look at, although we are hoping he goes somewhere warm since we plan to follow him :) I wonder if that gets you a master's when completing since he wants to get his PhD. He currently wants to go to Stanford but that's not going to happen if he doesn't get himself more organized and start turning in the ridiculous homework he gets.

I don’t think the initial 2k cc funding counts as the direct deposit.
ETA: hmm I see @alryan had a different experience. This would be a great DP. I’m struggling to link my Pnc to my other accounts to move 2k in. Haven’t done my debits yet.
Yes, it did count for me. I say do the debits and see what happens! This first one was my P2, mine I have 8 more debits and then I'll wait for my bonus. I figured I'd do the debits right away and if the credit card didn't count I'd have to figure something else out, but didn't need to. I was a little nervous about the whole bank bonuses, but found this one to be super easy.

Yes, it did count for me. I say do the debits and see what happens! This first one was my P2, mine I have 8 more debits and then I'll wait for my bonus. I figured I'd do the debits right away and if the credit card didn't count I'd have to figure something else out, but didn't need to. I was a little nervous about the whole bank bonuses, but found this one to be super easy.

Did you just set up a trace to close it? If I fund with 2k on the Southwest biz and do 10 $1 Amazon reloads to I need to replenish the $10 from an external account to keep above the 2k minimum to avoid a fee? Thanks again....I have also never done a bank bonus.

I would never pay $600 for a standard room. That’s just crazy to me. We paid $380 for bc and I thought that was pretty high. I could see doing a villa if you’re splitting the cost but not for just Dh and I.
We are a family of 6 (at the moment 5+dis infant) but only until 12/19/18. So anything we do is expensive. The $585 villa is pretty good. Epcot resorts were about $500 in one room. I figured for an extra $85/night I'd do the 1 bedroom and save the difference from the monorail resorts. I priced 2 rooms at CBR and it was more than the other options.

ETA: I do have WL booked for $250ish a night for Jan. Excited about that price!

Anyone know what a "business" is for plastiq? I got an email that if I get another biz to sign up they will support me with $5000FFD. Does my DH count as a business? My plastiq account isn't even a business account...I just signed up as my name but used my CIP of course.

Did you just set up a trace to close it? If I fund with 2k on the Southwest biz and do 10 $1 Amazon reloads to I need to replenish the $10 from an external account to keep above the 2k minimum to avoid a fee? Thanks again....I have also never done a bank bonus.
You're welcome! Sorry, I don't know what setting up a trace means. o_O But yes, I did just what you mentioned. Transferred the amount of my debits from my local checking to bring the total back to $2000. There is a verification step to link external accounts. Although I see that my average daily balance was less than the $2000 for my first statement, but I don't think most will charge that fee for the first few months, I wasn't. So I will just let that money sit until I cancel the account in 6 months.

I had a dream last night that I was shopping (nightmare enough - I hate shopping) and I was just about to pay for my merchandise when I remembered to pay with the Freedom card so I told the lady to wait. Start rifling through my purse and I keep pulling out card after card and no Freedom card. I pull out 100s of cards and never the right one, lol. Then I go through them all again to make sure I didn't miss it. People start yelling at me to pay with one of the cards I already pulled out, but I am like No, you don't understand, I have to use a certain card. After what seemed like a dream eternity of looking through cards with people yelling at me and no Freedom card I finally say, Never mind I didn't want that shirt anyway and walk away. :laughing:

Maybe that is sign that I think I have too many cards! And I think I am probably small potatoes compared to most here. I have 7 of my own plus 3 old AU cards and a new AU biz.

I have at least double that. And, I keep a lot of them in my wallet as I'm not good at changing them out as often as I should. And, I've been the one at the cash searching for a card and looking behind me to make sure I'm not holding someone up!

We are a family of 6 (at the moment 5+dis infant) but only until 12/19/18. So anything we do is expensive. The $585 villa is pretty good. Epcot resorts were about $500 in one room. I figured for an extra $85/night I'd do the 1 bedroom and save the difference from the monorail resorts. I priced 2 rooms at CBR and it was more than the other options.

ETA: I do have WL booked for $250ish a night for Jan. Excited about that price!

I agree that it's crazy but it is a good price for that much space at AKL. Actually I really like AKL and we've stayed there a bunch of times. It was a steal (in Disney math dollars) for quite a few years since it's not on the monorail, but now it's getting close to Epcot pricing without the convenience. Still, with the animals and a relaxing pool area it's a place I'd be happy to book again.

ETA - That WL price is amazing! I want to stay there some day. Such a pretty place.

ok so finally caught up since DD4 has been sick.

So, we've both been getting 50 Marriott points every single day, and then today, neither of us got any!! What is up with that??
I got 50 about every 4-5 days. DH got 50 about every 6-7 days

If only!! I can hope!

Do bonus points earned through the shopping portal count toward the CP?
My bonus points from Aug didn't count for CP

Long time reader of this thread...first time poster.

Just got my wife approved for SW Biz card and trying to do the opposite and get it credited this year. We had done the personal earlier this year and the 60k will put her above 110 for the year. As long as we hit the spend in the first 30 days the 60k should post before the year end correct? It seems that all of the info I read had the bonus points posting right after the statement where the spend was achieved.
so DH met spend the day the first statement closed. Didn't receive the bonus till the 3rd statement. If you can meet it before the 1st statement closes I would to make sure you get the points.

@WVMomof3 , I'm so sad your dd's school study abroad office hasn't been helping her/you. I remember reading this opportunity came up at pretty much the last minute?

Three kids, three study abroad periods (so far)--so much paperwork omg but we had points-of-contact, checklists, deadlines, and such.

If my oldest daughter had to wait for me to help her, she never would have gotten to do her semesters abroad or gotten her teaching assignment in Spain. She did it all herself and also did the peace corps thing although she didn't stay in Kyrgyzstan. I did get her to the airports and to Philadelphia for training and picked her up and did plenty of worrying.

Anyone know what a "business" is for plastiq? I got an email that if I get another biz to sign up they will support me with $5000FFD. Does my DH count as a business? My plastiq account isn't even a business account...I just signed up as my name but used my CIP of course.

I was wondering the same thing. I got a similar email but it said I'd get $15000 if the business paid $15000 through Plastiq by the end of the year. I don't think I can make it happen.

I got a similar email from plastiq but mine was for $10,000. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter