I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DP went to stop and shop today and can confirm it works for non advertised gcs. I got $20 coupon back for buying x2 Best Buy giftcards of $50 each. Then I did my shopping and got another gc $100 Amazon (not advertised) used the first $20 coupon for grocery purchase and got another $20 coupon. Coupon expires 11/29
Glad to know about the two 50's working. The language was weird so I thought it may have to be one $100 card. I bought an amazon card. Looks like I'll need to make another trip for some others.

Hello all :) Been skimming the board, but can't keep up....No word on being able to book Disney again with Chase right?

Ran across really good price on flights, through Frontier, for a quick weekend trip next month for DH and I.

But I'm striking out everywhere I turn...very limited hotel availability. S&D aren't showing up on UR. Sold out directly through SPG/Marriott. Can't get the frontier flights to show up on UR site either :sad2:. Either it's not meant to be or I need to work harder.

Besides the bonus sign-up for the Plat, why would I want to put any regular spend on it? It seems to have really crappy return otherwise.
I agree. I can't see myself using this card after its first anniversary. Other cards suit my spending a lot better.

I think I am ready to take the plunge on the Amex 100k Platinum offer. Just so I don't mess this up, and as my first Amex app, as a SAHM, do I put household income, or the little money that I make selling a few things here and there? What about income source since there isn't "spouse" listed?

I am REALLY nervous about making the spend on this, but I think we can do it with Christmas, charitable giving, and some annual bills coming up in Feb. How hard is it to make Amex spend (as in where doesn't accept Amex that you think it should)?

ETA: Anything else I should know about the Amex Plat to get the most benefit? I already have a CSR (1/17), Disney Visa (7/17), IHG (3/18), CIP (8/18).

Last edited:

Amex Offer: Best Buy Spend $300 get $30 back.

@SouthFayetteFan Disney card deal maybe? stack with Swagbucks?

So weird. Up until now, I've always had the same offers on my Plat and my kids' AU Plats. On the Best Buy offer, only my DD's AU Plat had the offer. Not mine or my DS's AU Plat. DH also had it on his Biz Green. I added those two, but it's a head scratcher to me what Amex's methodology is for making the offers available. And I just added the offers about 10 minutes ago so I don't think the answer is that the max limit was reached. Oh well, 2 cards is better than none....

I agree. I can't see myself using this card after its first anniversary. Other cards suit my spending a lot better.

While I agree that the Plat does not have a lot of attractive bonus categories (other than the 5x on airfare purchased directly from airlines), it has become a total money maker for me because of the offers. Right now, I'm $290 ahead on the AF due to offers, Uber credits, airline credits and the Saks benefit, and I have several more offers that will be used before the end of the calendar year. I expect to be well over $300 ahead (and maybe updwards of $500) by the end of the year. Same for my kids' AU cards. They have earned back all but $10 of their $175 AF, and I expect that to go well positive by the end of the year.

Hello all :) Been skimming the board, but can't keep up....No word on being able to book Disney again with Chase right?

Ran across really good price on flights, through Frontier, for a quick weekend trip next month for DH and I.

But I'm striking out everywhere I turn...very limited hotel availability. S&D aren't showing up on UR. Sold out directly through SPG/Marriott. Can't get the frontier flights to show up on UR site either :sad2:. Either it's not meant to be or I need to work harder.

I feel like once they officially switched the website to Expedia, it has been hit and miss with looking up what I need too. Prior to the switch, there were a TON of hotels available for our trip, now the two that I want don't even show up as sold out. They just don't show up at all. I feel like something is going on with loading all of the options. I finally found the hotel I wanted the day after I started searching, but it was crazy expensive on the UR site. :sad2:

I feel like once they officially switched the website to Expedia, it has been hit and miss with looking up what I need too. Prior to the switch, there were a TON of hotels available for our trip, now the two that I want don't even show up as sold out. They just don't show up at all. I feel like something is going on with loading all of the options. I finally found the hotel I wanted the day after I started searching, but it was crazy expensive on the UR site. :sad2:

I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I'm not glad too...if that makes sense. Would be better if it were just me or some sort of glitch where I just needed to call in. Ahhh, maybe I will call in just to see, better than paying oop.

Just checking in from WDW! We’re staying at CSR and came back to the room for a little afternoon break. I have to say, this resort is stunning. Yes, there is a lot of construction going on, but it doesn’t bother us a bit. We’re in Casitas 3 and it’s been very quiet. The rooms are beautiful!-

We had a nice time at MVMCP last night. Rode everything we wanted but Mine Train. We could’ve made it happen, but we just didn’t worry about it and instead focused on seeing the shows and parades. Today is our HS day. We did Slinky Dog this morning. Waited a solid hour, but it was a cute ride. ToT and RNRC have been alternating going down all day. Hoping we can get on ToT when we go back tonight since we still have a FP for it and it’s my favorite!

Just checking in from WDW! We’re staying at CSR and came back to the room for a little afternoon break. I have to say, this resort is stunning. Yes, there is a lot of construction going on, but it doesn’t bother us a bit. We’re in Casitas 3 and it’s been very quiet. The rooms are beautiful!-

We had a nice time at MVMCP last night. Rode everything we wanted but Mine Train. We could’ve made it happen, but we just didn’t worry about it and instead focused on seeing the shows and parades. Today is our HS day. We did Slinky Dog this morning. Waited a solid hour, but it was a cute ride. ToT and RNRC have been alternating going down all day. Hoping we can get on ToT when we go back tonight since we still have a FP for it and it’s my favorite!

We stayed at CSR for the first time in October and I really enjoyed it. The room was very nice and the grounds were beautiful. We were in Casitas 5, and while we could see construction all over the place it never hindered any parts of our trip. We found it super quiet considering what's going on there. What section are y'all in?

Besides the bonus sign-up for the Plat, why would I want to put any regular spend on it? It seems to have really crappy return otherwise.

The only "regular" spend I put on mine is with airfare and offers but that's been pretty good the past couple of years so I'm happy. I've been fortunate to have offers on AF/KLM and Amex Travel so money back or MRs plus 5x MRs is very helpful.

Just so I don't mess this up, and as my first Amex app, as a SAHM, do I put household income, or the little money that I make selling a few things here and there? What about income source since there isn't "spouse" listed?

Put TOTAL household income and I've always put "other" (if they ask, then I put spouse).

While I agree that the Plat does not have a lot of attractive bonus categories (other than the 5x on airfare purchased directly from airlines), it has become a total money maker for me because of the offers. Right now, I'm $290 ahead on the AF due to offers, Uber credits, airline credits and the Saks benefit, and I have several more offers that will be used before the end of the calendar year. I expect to be well over $300 ahead (and maybe updwards of $500) by the end of the year. Same for my kids' AU cards. They have earned back all but $10 of their $175 AF, and I expect that to go well positive by the end of the year.

Me, too! DH and DM both have the BB offer on their plat AUs, DD had it on her plat, rose gold and EDP so did put that offer on her EDP. I had it on 3 or 4 cards and chose EDP for mine as well. Still $60 on the AUs AF plus the frequent Sky Club usage for all 3 AUs plus myself and the Plat pays for itself at my house (of course, we are essentially Delta hostages).

So weird. Up until now, I've always had the same offers on my Plat and my kids' AU Plats. On the Best Buy offer, only my DD's AU Plat had the offer. Not mine or my DS's AU Plat. DH also had it on his Biz Green. I added those two, but it's a head scratcher to me what Amex's methodology is for making the offers available. And I just added the offers about 10 minutes ago so I don't think the answer is that the max limit was reached. Oh well, 2 cards is better than none....

The AMEX offers are really hit or miss here. Just on DH's card (where DD and I are both AUs) we never all seem to get the same offers. It's just weird. And then I get stuff on my Plat that DH doesn't get on his. I don't get their "system."

And I totally agree with you. Our AMEX Plat pays for itself pretty much, and also has some extra nice perks.

We stayed at CSR for the first time in October and I really enjoyed it. The room was very nice and the grounds were beautiful. We were in Casitas 5, and while we could see construction all over the place it never hindered any parts of our trip. We found it super quiet considering what's going on there. What section are y'all in?

Casitas 3. We didn’t put in any requests for our stay and ended up with a corner room. I agree that it is very quiet, in spite of its size. I guess because it’s so spread out it seems like it’s less people. The room really feels like a deluxe to me!

I also checked in on the app for our Doubletree stay starting tomorrow at Universal. Once again was given the option to select my room and chose an 18th floor Universal view room :)

I just added my first AMEX card to Samsung pay and got an email saying "Any purchases you make with Samsung Pay will be marked as "SamPay" on your statement". I'm assuming that AMEX offers won't trigger through Samsung Pay purchases because of this? Was hoping to stack a couple discounts.

Personally I've never had an issue with them not triggering because I used Samsung Pay. But if you have a big purchase it wouldn't hurt to check, like with the new Best Buy offer.
Same, all Samsung Pay have triggered everything... i dont have an instance where it didnt.

My Amex Plat biz is sockdrawed... but it stays in my ready to grab case sometimes due to Amex offers. Thats about all i use it for now after MSR.

Ahh. Even to go pending on SW shopping site? Was thinking of doing it again under DH but was hoping to see if my purchase credited first
They aren’t showing up on the SW shopping site either ?
I’ve always had my purchases show up there...then about once a week the RR points from those purchases show up in my RR account ...it’s the bonus RR points from hitting the certain spend that take about 2 months to show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter