I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it is a keeper, but the most complaint ive read of the card is crappy partners.

I was fine with the partners but the crappy Citi IT was what did it for me...every single time I went to login I would have to verify with card number, ssn, and something else. Every. Single. Time. There comes a point when time>TYP and I hit that threshold pretty fast.

Oh, yes, and the transfer partners aren't great, either.

I did a Disney gift card and also did VGCs.

How do you get past the "new members only?" That is a sweet deal and mine is up in December.
Sorry it took so long, I've been away. One year my wife will have the primary membership and add me on, and the next we will switch. It always works fine at BJ's.

You can even "update" your old membership email with your "new" account number now and it will update your new expiration date when you log out and log back in. Works great!

I was fine with the partners but the crappy Citi IT was what did it for me...every single time I went to login I would have to verify with card number, ssn, and something else. Every. Single. Time. There comes a point when time>TYP and I hit that threshold pretty fast.

Oh, yes, and the transfer partners aren't great, either.

What’s keeping me away is Citi’s lousy banking services. We had the AA card compromised about a year ago and even though we rarely use it and even though Citi caught the fraud it took so many phone calls and online chats to clean it all up that I’m not likely to open anything with them.

Amex Offer: Best Buy Spend $300 get $30 back.

Thanks for letting us know. Of course, I just got home from buying one of the ipads on the Black Friday deals and didn't check on here before leaving! I would have rather had 10% off than 5x the points. Oh well, I will probably buy some Disney gift cards.

I log on to all my (4) AU’s accounts for their offers. I think that still works doesn’t it?

I was able to get it on 3/4 of our AU cards for the EDP. I have been thinking of getting the rose gold card, but I get lots of AmEx offers with the EDP and our 4 cards.

Thanks for letting us know. Of course, I just got home from buying one of the ipads on the Black Friday deals and didn't check on here before leaving! I would have rather had 10% off than 5x the points. Oh well, I will probably buy some Disney gift cards.
I just ordered that iPad for DS since he requested a new one for Christmas (since his does not support Fortnite). But I had snagged the AmEx offer so not bad deal at $299 plus tax. I actually went through the SW portal to help with the bonus reward. I'm just over $500 now. I used DH's RR account to right and get him to enough points that I can use his leftover points to purchase a one way ticket to somewhere.

DP went to stop and shop today and can confirm it works for non advertised gcs. I got $20 coupon back for buying x2 Best Buy giftcards of $50 each. Then I did my shopping and got another gc $100 Amazon (not advertised) used the first $20 coupon for grocery purchase and got another $20 coupon. Coupon expires 11/29

I got the Amex BB offer on both my cards and on dh's as well. Perfect timing as my cell phone fried itself overnight. Of course last month I paid it off and was now able to unlock it. :badpc::badpc::badpc:

I also have $2500 MSR left on dh's CIU. What to do? What to do?

I just ordered that iPad for DS since he requested a new one for Christmas (since his does not support Fortnite).

Fortnite, that game is driving me crazy sometimes! I have my boys asking for a second ipad for Christmas so they can play against each other! Apparently it's not possible to play on the XBox against the mobile version on the ipad, I don't know. I'm hoping this Fortnite craze ends soon...although I'm sure there'll just be a new one they have to have!

@speedyfishy did you get confirmation that the SW bonus for giftcard worked with the 3k promo?

I know not specifically addressed to me, but I purchased gift cards through the very similar offer on United shopping right when it started and mine has not credited for the bonus yet. I DO know it can take a while for the bonus to be awarded/processed even with regular shopping, I just wish they would do it quickly so that I knew if it worked with buying gift cards!

Fortnite, that game is driving me crazy sometimes! I have my boys asking for a second ipad for Christmas so they can play against each other! Apparently it's not possible to play on the XBox against the mobile version on the ipad, I don't know. I'm hoping this Fortnite craze ends soon...although I'm sure there'll just be a new one they have to have!
Really, DS has played with his friends who are playing it on their Xbox or PS4 while he plays on his iPhone.

I just added my first AMEX card to Samsung pay and got an email saying "Any purchases you make with Samsung Pay will be marked as "SamPay" on your statement". I'm assuming that AMEX offers won't trigger through Samsung Pay purchases because of this? Was hoping to stack a couple discounts.

I just added my first AMEX card to Samsung pay and got an email saying "Any purchases you make with Samsung Pay will be marked as "SamPay" on your statement". I'm assuming that AMEX offers won't trigger through Samsung Pay purchases because of this? Was hoping to stack a couple discounts.
Personally I've never had an issue with them not triggering because I used Samsung Pay. But if you have a big purchase it wouldn't hurt to check, like with the new Best Buy offer.

DP went to stop and shop today and can confirm it works for non advertised gcs. I got $20 coupon back for buying x2 Best Buy giftcards of $50 each. Then I did my shopping and got another gc $100 Amazon (not advertised) used the first $20 coupon for grocery purchase and got another $20 coupon. Coupon expires 11/29
Not yet it’s still pending. Idk why it’s taking so long I should be getting points on the purchase regardless.

Another DP: mine is still pending as well. Purchased on 10/29.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter