I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for explaining. I don’t follow twitter. Maybe it’ll be on his page later...
:( I encourage everyone to at least get themselves a throwaway Twitter account with a fake name for use in emergencies (I’m a big fan of DMing airlines on Twitter to fix screwups!)

Some hightlights...

“Worst merger & acquisition goes to Marriott & SPG. Just when you think things couldn't have gotten any worse it was revealed that 500 million people had their data breached.”

“Biggest [screw] up of the year goes to whoever made the American Express Amazon 20% off promotion work twice within a day. Very rare not to see Citi take this category out with their general level of IT incompetence.”

“Worst credit card application rule is always a hotly contested category and this year we are proud to announce that [at]chase has won after expanding the 5/24 rule to co-branded cards.”

ETA: ...apparently there is a user here back from 2004 with the handle Chase and no activity...

:( I encourage everyone to at least get themselves a throwaway Twitter account with a fake name for use in emergencies (I’m a big fan of DMing airlines on Twitter to fix screwups!)

Some hightlights...

“Worst merger & acquisition goes to Marriott & SPG. Just when you think things couldn't have gotten any worse it was revealed that 500 million people had their data breached.”

“Biggest [screw] up of the year goes to whoever made the American Express Amazon 20% off promotion work twice within a day. Very rare not to see Citi take this category out with their general level of IT incompetence.”

“Worst credit card application rule is always a hotly contested category and this year we are proud to announce that [at]chase has won after expanding the 5/24 rule to co-branded cards.”

ETA: ...apparently there is a user here back from 2004 with the handle Chase and no activity...

I have one. Somewhere. My only tweet was calling out AA. I have it so I can complain. ;)

Oh these are good! Thanks for sharing them!

ETA - I have no idea what my password is on that account. I just can't keep up with all the different social media stuff.

Last edited:
My DD would literally die if Someone walked up and addressed me as disneymagicgirl. :rotfl2:Her and her best friends think it is the most hilarious name ever. I’m constantly made fun of. Ok, well I chose it a million years ago....cut me some slack kids!

ETA: now that I think of it, this really needs to be planned out as a prank. “Oh my gosh is that you? Disneymagic girl? I can’t believe I actually get to meet you!?”
Would be priceless :rotfl:
It would be priceless! If we can ever cross paths at WDW, I will totally 'fangirl' you. I can just see both our dd's reactions lol!!!!

ETA: How long is your dd in her CP?

Wow I’m feeling a lot of love here tonight. :flower3::love:

Schwab AMEX is one of the least complicated things out there in this game :) It just so happens that I was the one that introduced the idea to our group here a little over a year ago. If (When??) I get my wife’s Schwab Plat we will instantly Ben $3k+ richer...looking forward to it :goodvibes

Wow I’m feeling a lot of love here tonight. :flower3::love:

Schwab AMEX is one of the least complicated things out there in this game :) It just so happens that I was the one that introduced the idea to our group here a little over a year ago. If (When??) I get my wife’s Schwab Plat we will instantly Ben $3k+ richer...looking forward to it :goodvibes
I think some of us are just now growing to appreciate you regarding this Schwab stuff...it took some hard knocks from Chase to push us to MR's, which we just have no clue what to do with, and boom! there you were with a cashout option that is awesome. Thank you for that!!

I think some of us are just now growing to appreciate you regarding this Schwab stuff...it took some hard knocks from Chase to push us to MR's, which we just have no clue what to do with, and boom! there you were with a cashout option that is awesome. Thank you for that!!
So...credit card Jesus? LOL!

Side comment: this whole exchange on our thread today is why I love DISchurners!! You would never find genuine human interaction like this on r/churning. It’s so fun how we can talk Churning, and Disney and sprinkle in other fun conversation topics. And even tho we have probably a lot more people participating than we did 12ish months ago it still feels very personal and I Love that!!

So...credit card Jesus? LOL!

Side comment: this whole exchange on our thread today is why I love DISchurners!! You would never find genuine human interaction like this on r/churning. It’s so fun how we can talk Churning, and Disney and sprinkle in other fun conversation topics. And even tho we have probably a lot more people participating than we did 12ish months ago it still feels very personal and I Love that!!
Hmm, nope, you are great, but you are not *that* great. At your name, every knee will NOT bow, including mine :rotfl:

I love the interaction here too. Like you mentioned before, I talk to y'all more than many of my friends or family. You are friends and it's great coming here and connecting!

Hmm, nope, you are great, but you are not *that* great. At your name, every knee will NOT bow, including mine :rotfl:
Touché and agreed :)

And the organ at church
Just to set the record straight...it’s the piano. :littleangel: I don’t want to be confused for one of those high maintenance organists :rotfl2:

Just to set the record straight...it’s the piano. :littleangel: I don’t want to be confused for one of those high maintenance organists :rotfl2:

Hearing you play the piano is even better. I'm a huge fan of the piano. My dd18 played competitively until she couldn't anymore due to joint pain. It's my favorite instrument. I'm hoping she can get back to playing. I could listen to piano playing all day. I love going into the GF and hearing the piano player there.

Hearing you play the piano is even better. I'm a huge fan of the piano. My dd18 played competitively until she couldn't anymore due to joint pain. It's my favorite instrument. I'm hoping she can get back to playing. I could listen to piano playing all day. I love going into the GF and hearing the piano player there.
I had no idea competitive piano is a thing. Wow!! Obviously you already know this but just to reinforce it- you have some very talented kids :)

60k offer? I thought in flight was 50k?
Yes, you are correct!

Before the flight I had convinced myself I needed to put some more time between my last Chase app so I would wait until the New Year to apply for the SW BIZ and THEN the personal this spring. That plan went out the window when the offer popped up. So now I am confusing myself. Must be my blonde coming out. Maybe the 5 gallon bucket of frozen margarita DH and I were seen dragging behind us down the strip......nah, that couldn't possibly add to my confusion. Lol :drinking1:laughing:

Giordano’s is also one of my faves. Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder is also a fave with many though I’ve never been there. Portillo's or Gold Coast Dogs for hot dogs. Smoque BBQ also highly recommended, on my to-do list. For fancier dining, anything by Stephanie Izard: Girl & the Goat; Little Goat Tavern; Duck, Duck, Goat; all delicious, though will need reservations for sure. For Mexican, Rick Bayless has street food to fine dining: Xoco, Frontera Grill and Topolobampo. Always great Chinese food in Chinatown. Lettuce Entertain You is a group that owns a bunch of restaurants and I’ve never had a bad meal in any of them. (Leye.com)
Thank you so much! So helpful:)

My DD would literally die if Someone walked up and addressed me as disneymagicgirl. :rotfl2:Her and her best friends think it is the most hilarious name ever. I’m constantly made fun of. Ok, well I chose it a million years ago....cut me some slack kids!

ETA: now that I think of it, this really needs to be planned out as a prank. “Oh my gosh is that you? Disneymagic girl? I can’t believe I actually get to meet you!?”
Would be priceless :rotfl:

DH was startled the first time someone recognized him on a DCL cruise from my trip report pics here on the DIS and said Hello to him. NOw it doesn't phase him. He has gotten used to being in WDW and hearing someone yell, "Hey Calypso!" or having people come up and say, "aren't you Calypso" or something like that. The most unexpected place we were recognized by another DISer was in Scotland. This was some years after our Scotland ABD so we were not travelling with Disney and we on our own.

Let me know next time you are in WDW. If we are there, we will totally "run into you" and go all fan boy and fan girl over you! :D

The statement close date are 3 days after your payment due date except when at the end of the month (26, 27, 28). So if your payment due date is 12/4 then your statement closes on 12/7. If your payment due date is 12/25 then your statement closes on 12/28. If your payment due date is 12/26 then your statement close date would be 1/1 So you either want to move it to the 26, 27, 28 or move it to 1, 2, 3.
Thanks for laying it out. It was not comprehending yesterday :) Looking again, it figures I don't even need to change the personal since Jan 11th is the first due date, it won't even be effected. It should close the 14th then.
:offtopic:

Paging @Calfan, @jhoannam, @elgerber, @snugglebug, @schmass, and all other Amazon Prime viewers -- THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL SEASON 2 IS OUT! :happytv:

@elgerber - I'm so sorry for your crummy two weeks. Nothing like bingeing The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to uplift you just a little. Hope things get better!
:hyper::hyper::hyper:
Giordano’s is also one of my faves.
Yummmmm. We went there on a family Chicago trip several years ago
A little Vegas is a lot for an introvert like me and I have to pace myself!
I know just what you mean :) Everytime we've done a Vegas weekend, DH and I come back feeling worn out from all the people.

I also feel that way after a trip to visit family :rotfl:
I want to see Tim and jenn!
We saw them at HHN this year. I don't do much of the blogs/vlogs so I never would have recognized them. But the people we were with (internet friends - gasp @SouthFayetteFan!) did, and everyone else in the crowd... :P

SFF - the first time we met some Dis'ers was on our wedding trip, at City Walk for lunch. I was a bit nervous anyways because I'm a shy person, and then on the way there Zack told me something like he's really surprised and impressed that I set up this lunch since that was very outgoing for me to do that, and that I "talked to people on the internet and made lunch plans with them" So then I was 100x more self-concious! Though I guess we hit it off okay with them since we've seen them two more times when our trips overlapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter