I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they removed Sulley from DHS she wrote letters to WDW. Sulley is her favorite and we have 15-20 stuffed Sulley that adorn our bed as “throw pillows” LOL
My kid is/was obsessed with Minions, his bed is covered with them...and what he estimates as 300 other stuffies. Yes my 9 yr old sleeps in a full size bed and there is no room for anyone besides him and his stuffy collection. He has saved $125 to spend at WDW/DCL this year, no doubt much of that will be Stuffies.

Speaking of DHS, did I read that Fantasmic show is going away after this year. Or is it just IllumiNations?

I posted previously that my (DH) SW points from first statement haven't posted to his SW account yet. They statement closed 1/4. SM from Chase is below. What is typical time for posting to SW? I thought only a couple days? I have a flight to book and points are lowest I've seen. I will probably just transfer from Chase but want to minimize if possible!

Rapid Rewards points earned each credit card statement will post at Southwest within 30 days of the statement date.
DH's statement closed 1/5 and he hasn't gotten his points yet either. I do believe they are typically faster than this, but maybe this has something to do with being the start of the new year.

My kid is/was obsessed with Minions, his bed is covered with them...and what he estimates as 300 other stuffies. Yes my 9 yr old sleeps in a full size bed and there is no room for anyone besides him and his stuffy collection. He has saved $125 to spend at WDW/DCL this year, no doubt much of that will be Stuffies.

Speaking of DHS, did I read that Fantasmic show is going away after this year. Or is it just IllumiNations?
Illuminations is getting a revamp sometime soon. I'm not sure exactly how much they are changing.

Your kid sounds exactly how I was as a kid except I didn't have to save my own money for them. I should've, but my parents spoiled my brother and I. I'm not bragging btw because I'm not proud of it lol. I had so many stuffed animals and almost all of them were dogs because my mom would not let us get a dog. I also had giant candy pillows if anyone remembers those

I posted previously that my (DH) SW points from first statement haven't posted to his SW account yet. They statement closed 1/4. SM from Chase is below. What is typical time for posting to SW? I thought only a couple days? I have a flight to book and points are lowest I've seen. I will probably just transfer from Chase but want to minimize if possible!

Rapid Rewards points earned each credit card statement will post at Southwest within 30 days of the statement date.

There was a problem with early closing dates last year, which affected @Alexle2007. Their points did not post until later in the month I believe.

Illuminations is getting a revamp sometime soon. I'm not sure exactly how much they are changing.

Your kid sounds exactly how I was as a kid except I didn't have to save my own money for them. I should've, but my parents spoiled my brother and I. I'm not bragging btw because I'm not proud of it lol. I had so many stuffed animals and almost all of them were dogs because my mom would not let us get a dog. I also had giant candy pillows if anyone remembers those
DS gets lots from us. He doesn’t get allowance but takes out Grandma’s garbage every week for which she pays well (better than I ever got lol) So he saves his money (plus a GC from Christmas) for vacation. However our rule is 1/2 his money is to spend, 1/4 to donate and 1/4 to savings. He recently donated $50 to the dog rescue we got our new puppy from. First on his list of purchases..Vanellope sundae. Then stuffies.

I need a new card soon. I think I am $500ish away from MSR on my current BBP. So thinking I may go this AA biz route. Citi doesn't report to credit agencies for biz cards right?

You need to do a runDisney race:

I took a quick shot as I was going by. I don't do the runs so I can stop for characters, I'd never get going again. And by the point we were in DHS I knew I'd have a PR and break 3 hours which was my goal so nothing was going to make me stop. Was super excited when they said she'd be meeting in the park.

Sorry it's huge, off my fb page ie lazy :)

48958874_10156749994427696_1642866578888327168_n.jpg

That seems like just a standard response they give. It definitely should have posted by now IMO...not sure what you can do about it tho :(

Illuminations is going away completely at the end of the summer. A temporary show will come in then with the permanent replacement in 2020 I believe. Fantastic isn’t going anywhere.
I think I mixed those up in my head. Made plans for Fantasmic which we have never seen before anyway. IllumiNations was already on the list and we’re staying at Swan in March so will probably have more than 1 opportunity.

DH's statement closed 1/5 and he hasn't gotten his points yet either. I do believe they are typically faster than this, but maybe this has something to do with being the start of the new year.

There was a problem with early closing dates last year, which affected @Alexle2007. Their points did not post until later in the month I believe.
I have learned something new...didn’t realize this occurred.

For what it’s worth, my SW stmt closes 1/9 and points were in my acct 1/11 but this is not a new account.

Correct - your 5/24 is safe with citi biz!
Thanks! And any reason I shouldn't choose the $4k/75k offer?

Also, I have a Citi card I never use...really old cash returns. Looks like 1% back. Should I PC that to a double cash? I don't see anything else interesting on their site and that double cash doesn't seem to have a sign up bonus I'd miss out on.

Thanks! And any reason I shouldn't choose the $4k/75k offer?

Also, I have a Citi card I never use...really old cash returns. Looks like 1% back. Should I PC that to a double cash? I don't see anything else interesting on their site and that double cash doesn't seem to have a sign up bonus I'd miss out on.
I went with the 40k $250 dummy booking offer (hoping to get an addl 20k pts from a match). I guess it comes down to what’s important to you.

Want to hear a sad story? I paid my DVC dues with a gift card and the final gift card used had a balance of about 160$ on it. I didn't add it to my online gift card profile yet....and I have NO idea where the card went. I have searched everywhere. I am relatively organized so when something isn't where it should be I don't even know where to start. My gut is telling me that I accidentally threw it away :sad:.

I am going to call DVC tomorrow and see if it is at all possible for them to provide me with the card number so that I can submit for a lost card but I am not holding my breath.

I am sad :charac2:

That seems like just a standard response they give. It definitely should have posted by now IMO...not sure what you can do about it tho :(
I thought it was taking longer than usual. Not the end of the world since I can transfer Chase points. It's only 4000 I have to transfer so not a ton. Actually even if my monthly spend points posted I would still need 2000 Chase points. But I am short 3030 so would have a lot left over if I had to transfer the 4k. Ok not really a lot but more than I need! :)

Now that @GusGus16 brings up @Alexle2007 issue I recall reading that before. Just didn't stick with me!

Want to hear a sad story? I paid my DVC dues with a gift card and the final gift card used had a balance of about 160$ on it. I didn't add it to my online gift card profile yet....and I have NO idea where the card went. I have searched everywhere. I am relatively organized so when something isn't where it should be I don't even know where to start. My gut is telling me that I accidentally threw it away :sad:.

I am going to call DVC tomorrow and see if it is at all possible for them to provide me with the card number so that I can submit for a lost card but I am not holding my breath.

I am sad :charac2:

Ugh that stinks!! I hope you find it or can get it from DVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter