I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still confused here...wouldn't this be the first AA card...what's the purpose of needing the mailer at this point (and rather not until the 2nd AA card)? (I'm genuinely curious - just want to make sure I'm not missing something or giving bad advice)

i was thinking u would need the mailer too... but logically, the first one really doesnt need the mailer...
but it does make me wonder that since u apply via direct, if mailers would stop coming... (similar to Amex sending me mailers until i applied).
from someone else have said, if u apply on your own mailer, ur chances of NOT getting a mailer is really high.
just a guess though. i could be totally wrong.

I'm still confused here...wouldn't this be the first AA card...what's the purpose of needing the mailer at this point (and rather not until the 2nd AA card)? (I'm genuinely curious - just want to make sure I'm not missing something or giving bad advice)

i was thinking u would need the mailer too... but logically, the first one really doesnt need the mailer...
but it does make me wonder that since u apply via direct, if mailers would stop coming... (similar to Amex sending me mailers until i applied).
from someone else have said, if u apply on your own mailer, ur chances of NOT getting a mailer is really high.
just a guess though. i could be totally wrong.

I have read what Albort said on reddit before too. I did the dummy booking for my first Aa card but I don’t get any mailers in my name.

I think the dummy booking route is better than using a mailer for the first card tho. I wasn’t clear in my post tho.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort-in-2019/

Other things include I believe the new Move It Shake It thing at MK, Incredibles stuff at the old Pixar Place at DHS, and start of festival of the arts at Epcot

Thank you! I was thinking I was missing like a new ride or hotel announcement or something.

Also - and don't forget this - the price hikes for DVC direct go into effect tomorrow. I don't think that is part of the magic tho. :rolleyes2:scared:

Couldn’t you do the same by say booking a cruise and putting the deposit down? And then later deciding you couldn’t make that cruise?

That's kind of my thought process...like "oh, I'm going to buy my flights to Orlando for this wedding with my Southwest card, which is pretty normal...and oops, my terrible cousin's wedding is canceled, guess I'm not going after all!" How would they know that I have zero intention of going to the wedding in the first place?

ALTHOUGH, I would read the fine print veeeeery carefully if anyone reads this and decides to try it with a cruise specifically. I was looking up Alaska cruises the other day (on my way back home from debarking at the cruise terminal :rolleyes1....) . One RCCL sailing had a decent fare, but a $500 deposit - which you lost if you canceled more than like 48 hours after booking! So, caveat emptor.

Yeah - it's really no different. The problem is...if it happens, and you didn't hit your MSR otherwise...and then you get a refund pretty quickly...It could look like you were attempting to abuse the system. There are really no DPs of Chase clawing back or going after you, but I wouldn't want to be the person to test that theory either! @Artygal90, upon further review, I'd probably have no issue doing either of these things as long as you continue to spend on the card until you would've hit the MSR otherwise (within your MSR period)...and wait until after your 115 days to get a refund.

I like the suggestion to delay canceling the flight (or other refundable purchase) as late as possible. Gives me something to do when I am in churning purgatory while house-hunting in the spring.

That's kind of my thought process...like "oh, I'm going to buy my flights to Orlando for this wedding with my Southwest card, which is pretty normal...and oops, my terrible cousin's wedding is canceled, guess I'm not going after all!" How would they know that I have zero intention of going to the wedding in the first place?

ALTHOUGH, I would read the fine print veeeeery carefully if anyone reads this and decides to try it with a cruise specifically. I was looking up Alaska cruises the other day (on my way back home from debarking at the cruise terminal :rolleyes1....) . One RCCL sailing had a decent fare, but a $500 deposit - which you lost if you canceled more than like 48 hours after booking! So, caveat emptor.

I like the suggestion to delay canceling the flight (or other refundable purchase) as late as possible. Gives me something to do when I am in churning purgatory while house-hunting in the spring.
WOW - that is a super interesting (borderline abusive) strategy if exploited... Open a handful of cards. Meet MSRs thru refundable flights booked 9ish months out...collect bonus points...cancel all flights at last second and then spend on cards to use up the credits from the refund. Very interesting indeed...:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

We don’t fly AA. Their routes have never been the most convenient or cheapest for where we travel. Using AA miles for Disney is intriguing, but my wife would kill me if I was opening up AA cards every few months in addition to whatever else I still want from Chase and Amex, not to mention eventually BofA and Barclays. I’m going to drop back under 5/24 in March and I’ve got some “business” with Chase and don’t want the grAAvy train to get in the way of that. And I’ll be shocked if the grAAvy train is still taking riders when I’m ready to say bye to Chase.

AA to MCO is an issue for us since there is no direct. It's the one flight I'll take with United. Otherwise it seems to go wherever we want to go, mostly nonstop. But since you have a ton of United miles I get why it wouldn't make sense for you. Sounds like you have some fun plans with Chase coming up.

ouch, my first denial...

the paaaain... lol

I'm sorry. I hope you can get the card soon.

Finally getting to meet Edna Mode is the only thing that matters imo :)
For some reason, this excites me.
As many of you know, my wife is terribly afraid of flying...I think Sulley is the only reason she’s getting on that plane in a couple weeks...
I like Mike and Sulley but Edna is the bomb. I think my son would agree with your wife though. I haven’t told him anything yet. Will have to hear your report first. :rolleyes1

For some reason, this excites me.

I like Mike and Sulley but Edna is the bomb. I think my son would agree with your wife though. I haven’t told him anything yet. Will have to hear your report first. :rolleyes1
When they removed Sulley from DHS she wrote letters to WDW. Sulley is her favorite and we have 15-20 stuffed Sulley that adorn our bed as “throw pillows” LOL

I posted previously that my (DH) SW points from first statement haven't posted to his SW account yet. They statement closed 1/4. SM from Chase is below. What is typical time for posting to SW? I thought only a couple days? I have a flight to book and points are lowest I've seen. I will probably just transfer from Chase but want to minimize if possible!

Rapid Rewards points earned each credit card statement will post at Southwest within 30 days of the statement date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter