I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the best of my knowledge I have posted about the refundable SW trick for 2 uses:
  • Using your $300 Travel Credit on CSR quickly before downgrading
  • Earning the remaining pts needed to attain a CP if you fall short (i.e. if you did a 40k personal and 60k biz and you were 5k SW Pts short) so you purchase refundable flights on your SW card to earn 2x SW pts.
In the CSR instance I’d be sure to “re-spend” the money after getting the refund. In the SW instance you could wait until your Anniversary points post which would offset the neg pts balance sitting on your card.

Yours would be a third and distinctly different instance (that would also work). I would not necessarily recommend buying refundable SW flights to hit the MSR...but you could do it, just make sure you cancel long after the period is up and spend money to offset the credit then vs asking for a check. In your scenario I’d probably look to buy gift cards (either to grocery or stores you frequent OR VGCs) or prepay bills instead.

Hmmm okay. Might be time to rope P3-4-5-6 in again. I'll hold off on anything hinky for now and will re-evaluate my choices at the beginning of February. Thank you for the advice!

Welp I went ahead and did a SM requesting an upgrade to the CSR. Not keen on the fee but we easily spend enough to cross the value threshold. This does mean I'll need to revaluate holding (paying) the AF on the Arrival+ and my United card. In the past I've downgraded my United card and upgraded it again when I needed bags and the XN availability. I've moved that card from Explorer, to free to Club to free again several times!

I am keen to keep the Arrival+ for a few reasons so I hope I get a fee waiver this year. I have never asked for one for this card so I am due I think. I will now 100% ditch DH's Delta Amex Plat. If I can't get the fee waiver on the Arrival+, I'll be at $889 in fees, which is sadly astronomical.

Hmmm okay. Might be time to rope P3-4-5-6 in again. I'll hold off on anything hinky for now and will re-evaluate my choices at the beginning of February. Thank you for the advice!
I’d say it’s not a terrible thing if you do the following:
(1) Book the furthest out refundable flights you can find
(2) wait as long as you can comfortably to cancel
(3) when you cancel make sure you spend the money as quickly as possibly to eat up the credit balance.

I’d imagine you’ll be 100% fine if you do that.

Citi AA comment...
To the best of my knowledge, For your first AA personal and your first AA business card you DO NOT need a mailer. Just pick the best public offer (and for many people they may be the dummy booking offer). It’s for subsequent cards (2nd and beyond) that you need a mailer with no 24 mo. language.

If I’m not right here somebody correct me but I’m pretty sure this is right.

Citi AA comment...
To the best of my knowledge, For your first AA personal and your first AA business card you DO NOT need a mailer. Just pick the best public offer (and for many people they may be the dummy booking offer). It’s for subsequent cards (2nd and beyond) that you need a mailer with no 24 mo. language.

If I’m not right here somebody correct me but I’m pretty sure this is right.

i think i saw the comment too on reddit... i gave out the wrong info to @wendow

edit: hmm, makes me wonder also if this would cause u to get no more mailers?

Last edited:

Couldn’t you do the same by say booking a cruise and putting the deposit down? And then later deciding you couldn’t make that cruise?

Couldn’t you do the same by say booking a cruise and putting the deposit down? And then later deciding you couldn’t make that cruise?

For my CSR credit I booked a Universal room that I am sure I am going to decide in about 2 months that I can’t use. I don’t know if I would do it for MSR though. I really didn’t want to do it for travel credit either but I couldn’t think of anything to use it on quickly before I downgrade.

Citi AA Biz registration help please......

DW's AA Biz card arrived - and went to citi.com to activate - all went well and at the end said 'your card is activated and registered to your online account' or something like that. Well, DW only has a personal online account and it is not appearing there and won't let me link it. So I tried creating a new account and it just tells me the card is already activated and registered.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Citi AA Biz registration help please......

DW's AA Biz card arrived - and went to citi.com to activate - all went well and at the end said 'your card is activated and registered to your online account' or something like that. Well, DW only has a personal online account and it is not appearing there and won't let me link it. So I tried creating a new account and it just tells me the card is already activated and registered.

What am I missing or doing wrong?
So I'm unsure of what you need to do...but I can tell you that you need a separate login for a Citi Biz card.

Maybe just try to Register for Online Access: https://online.citi.com/US/CBOL/sec...8DE-3B9F-3F9B-A81FE779E001&JFP_TOKEN=5VQ4SNJX

i think i saw the comment too on reddit... i gave out the wrong info to @wendow

edit: hmm, makes me wonder also if this would cause u to get no more mailers?
I'm unsure on that front...since I'm only looking to churn biz mailers, and well...very few people are getting biz mailers...I'm not too concerned, lol.

On the personal side, I would wonder if this would cause them to stop or not but those seem fairly easy to come by vs. biz ones.

Yeah - it's really no different. The problem is...if it happens, and you didn't hit your MSR otherwise...and then you get a refund pretty quickly...It could look like you were attempting to abuse the system. There are really no DPs of Chase clawing back or going after you, but I wouldn't want to be the person to test that theory either! @Artygal90, upon further review, I'd probably have no issue doing either of these things as long as you continue to spend on the card until you would've hit the MSR otherwise (within your MSR period)...and wait until after your 115 days to get a refund.

When you are ready let me know and I’ll see if I have a mailer then.
I'm still confused here...wouldn't this be the first AA card...what's the purpose of needing the mailer at this point (and rather not until the 2nd AA card)? (I'm genuinely curious - just want to make sure I'm not missing something or giving bad advice)

liking you post didn't seem right so :( sorry

haha, its all good... i sorta expected i would get denied. i know i was close to the edge. was denied for maximum credit extended.
I closed my marriott card down, was advised to drop my biz card's limit down too. so ima do all that and recall recon. if this doesnt work, might just move onto the AA train and hope i can push my luck there.

edit: to answer @SouthFayetteFan Hyatt card.

haha, its all good... i sorta expected i would get denied. i know i was close to the edge. was denied for maximum credit extended.
I closed my marriott card down, was advised to drop my biz card's limit down too. so ima do all that and recall recon. if this doesnt work, might just move onto the AA train and hope i can push my luck there.

edit: to answer @SouthFayetteFan Hyatt card.
Chase...said no to you??? Do they not know who you are...ugh! The nerve!! Did you get the letter yet with reasons (was maximum credit the one given)? Are you going to try reconsideration?

EDIT: Ok - I should read better. You rock that recon call @Albort...you got this bro!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter