I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends...I'd find out how many points the reservation cost. I like to pay between $10-13/pp which is getting harder to do. Seems like dvc renting has really gone up within the last year. Rental companies are wanting between $15-$17 per point. Off of the top of my head, $200/night seems a little high for OKW. We've gotten an SSR studio for around $150. I would just do the math on the points and see what you're paying.

Yeah this is a good tip. I found the reservation off one of the big broker's "sale pages" - I'll dig around a little. I have until 11pm tonight to decide but it's no big crisis. I'll be able to find another reservation.

We didn't owe any additional taxes or fees to Disney. I think our fine print said we could owe also. I just think they use the same fine print for every hotel.
Phew. Thank you, I started to have a little freak out moment. Sometimes those extra fees are killer.

Thank you! :)
Fair warning: be prepared to defend your "business" if you don't get an instant approval. Some people have no problem at all, while others (like me) are subjected to an hour long interrogation.

Just reposting in case anyone has any suggestions:

So I just got a statement in today after a nasal procedure my son had. We're going to be paying about $1800 towards this bill. I'm definitely going to pay with a credit card, then use our HSA account for a reimbursement. Currently not working toward minimum spend on any cards and I'd hate to let this big expense go to waste without putting it towards a minimum. Ideas on a possible next card for me or DH?

We're both at 4/24 right now, so I'm thinking Chase would be our best option to round out the 5th slot. I got the CSR in January, the Disney Visa in February, then CIP in July. DH got his CSR and SW Premier in February, SW Plus and Disney Visa in March. Originally I wanted to shoot for the CSP next, but with the new Chase rules that doesn't appear to be an option. Boo!! Really wanted another UR bonus to beef up what we have and possibly use the to book a deluxe WDW resort next March/April.

As far as travel, we've really been using our UR towards Disney stays since we started earning them. Since we got APs in June, I'm burning them up and getting as many trips as we can for the least OOP. The SW CP has helped a ton with that. We have a trip to Vegas planned for February next year, but we're traveling with family who already booked at The Flamingo, so that's where we'll be booking our room too. The only other trip I see on the horizon is possibly Hawaii. Our 10th anniversary is in March 2019, so if I can make that trip happen for as little OOP as possible DH would be thrilled.

So if you want to stay on the Chase route (logically) then I'd probably recommend the Chase Freedom IF Disney trips look like they'll continue in the future. You get 5% back with spend in specific categories every quarter and since you have a CSR you can transfer the money ($75 if you max out the quarterly spending of $1500) into UR points by transferring to your CSR acct. The quarter of Oct-Dec the 5x rewards is wal mart and dept stores so you could get $1500 worth of WM gc and then go to Sam's (if you're a member) and redeem for discounted Disney GC (usually around 4%) off. That was my grand plan until I realized I have NO DISNEY trips planned after this Nov :crazy2: If you're not into the semi convoluted WM gc to Sam's purchased Disney GC, there is still the whole 7500 UR transferred to your CSR after you max out the quarterly spend at Wal Mart or a whole slew of department stores.

Another Chase option is the Marriott then earn those points, transfer to SPG and have a Solwfin Disney vacation BUT since most report this ISN'T subject to the 5/24 I'd advise against it.

Finally, if you have any sort of business claims, the experts out there can tall you about the Chase business cards (@calypso726, @Albort, @Lain) but I can't.

Good luck finding one that works for you :)

@tink1970, I'm flattered but I'm no expert, though I do try to share what I learn from the miles and points blogs, reddit, and personal experience. I'm happy to give @mhartman09 my two cents.

The CSP was also going to be my next card. 50k UR for signing up would've been so nice! I would've then added my LO as an AU for 5k UR bonus and referred my DW for a 10k UR bonus; DW would've gotten another 50k UR for signing up and added our LO as an AU for another 5k UR. All those UR, foreclosed by Chase's new rules! [I still kick myself for not jumping on this plan sooner, but I don't have any big travel goals in the short term, and I've kind of been in points maximizing mode with the cards I already have in my wallet.] When the new Sapphire rules came down, it reminded me that the rules of this game can change anytime and come suddenly without notice.

So I jumped on getting DW to apply for her own CIP, and she was approved after her application was pending review for a few days! 80k UR signup bonus for DW, and 20k UR referral bonus for me! @mhartman09, have you thought about having DH apply for his own CIP using your referral link? That's 100k in total bonuses right there for $5,000 spend in 3 months. Since you and your husband both have the CSR and got that card's bonuses this year, you can't go for the CSP and the CIP really is the last big signup bonus that'll give you UR points. My wife applied as a sole proprietor using some sales she made on eBay last year, about ~$1,500; we have good household income, a long relationship with Chase (accounts and other credit cards), and her credit score is ~800. Remember that Chase business cards are also subject to the 0/30 rule: no other applications in the last 30 days.

To @tink1970's suggestion about getting the Freedom -- we love our Freedom for the 5% UR, but I'd hate to waste a 5/24 slot on it! The Freedom has a $150 signup bonus, which is 15k UR? I'd like to think there are other 5/24 cards that have signup bonuses worth more than that. The minimum spend requirement is also only $500 in 3 months. Your $1,800 bill would take care of that in one charge, and you'd be wasting $1,300 worth of spend on 1x UR. I recall you mentioning you're a Sam's Club member when there was the Chase Pay 10% promo, so the Freedom's Q4 5% bonus at Walmart would be nice if you're planning to buy $1,500 worth of Walmart GCs to spend at and stack with Sam's Club's discount on Disney GCs, but that adds up to only about a 10% savings, which to me is kind of the bare minimum discount at which I'd buy Disney GCs. With the holidays coming up, I think there will be plenty of opportunities to buy Disney GCs at a 10% savings or more. Since you and your husband both have CSRs, you may be thinking of downgrading one of them after the first year, and the Freedom would be a perfect card to product change to, but I wouldn't use a 5/24 slot to get a Freedom.

Take a look at the cards subject to 5/24: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-524-rule-explained-detail-need-know/
  • Chase Freedom
  • Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Chase Ink Cash
  • Chase Ink Preferred
  • Chase Southwest Plus personal card
  • Chase Southwest Premier personal card
  • Chase Southwest Premier business card
  • Chase Marriott Premier personal card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Club Card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Club Business Card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer personal card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer business card
It seems to me that you and/or your husband don't have the Marriott personal card and the United MileagePlus Explorer cards.

The Marriott personal card is subject to 5/24; the Marriott business card is not. The Marriott personal card currently has a 80k Marriott Rewards points signup offer after spending $3,000 in 3 months, but a few months ago it was at a high of 100k points. Still 80k Marriott points = 26,6k SPG points, which is about what Amex is currently offering on their SPG card (25k Starpoints). Since the Marriott card is subject to 5/24, it makes sense to get the Marriott card while you're still under 5/24 then eventually get the Amex SPG (and hope the signup bonus goes back up to 30k or 35k Starpoints). Full disclosure, we don't usually stay at Marriott or SPG hotels when we travel so I haven't had a reason to pick up these cards, but I do plan to round out my 5/24 with a Marriott eventually and then start accumulating SPG points, which are valuable and flexible. However, word of caution, since Marriott and Starwood are merging, there's a lot up in the air about their respective awards programs and a lot of people fear SPG points may eventually become devalued. Last I read about it, TPTB don't know what to do about the two programs and things should remain business as usually probably through at least 2018.

The United MPE currently has a public offer of 40k MileagePlus miles, but people are being targeted with 60k offers + statement credit offers. Pretty much all summer, the MPE had a 50k public offer and a 70k targeted offer, so I wouldn't want to apply if I could only get 40k miles. I used to fly on United a lot, and I love that you can transfer MP miles to a large number of airlines in the Star Alliance, if you plan on traveling internationally; but I've found that it can be frustrating to get a good redemption value flying United (particularly between Hawaii and the mainland USA, which you mentioned wanting to do). United has made a number of changes to their MileagePlus program in recent years, and I haven't kept up with all the details. There's also the fact that I think you said you're in Louisiana? That's not a United hub (closest would be IAH in Houston), so I don't know how easy or difficult it would be for you to fly on United. All that, and United hasn't exactly been the picture of flying the friendly skies recently.

Lastly, if you and your husband are both at 4/24 right now, whoever applies, I would definitely suggest trying to double dip that last spot. Apply for two 5/24 cards on the same day, at about the same time -- the card you want more first; use two different browsers, incognito mode on the same browser, or back-to-back and clear cookies, and hope you get approved for both before either shows up on your credit report.

P.S.S. If there's an Amex card you really really want instead, you could go for an Amex while under 5/24 and still get a Chase 5/24 card in the next month or two because Amex cards take about 2 months/billing cycles before they appear on your credit report. Similarly, if there's a business card you're interested in, you can go for it because those typically don't appear on your personal credit report and won't count against 5/24.

Last edited:
So if you want to stay on the Chase route (logically) then I'd probably recommend the Chase Freedom IF Disney trips look like they'll continue in the future. You get 5% back with spend in specific categories every quarter and since you have a CSR you can transfer the money ($75 if you max out the quarterly spending of $1500) into UR points by transferring to your CSR acct. The quarter of Oct-Dec the 5x rewards is wal mart and dept stores so you could get $1500 worth of WM gc and then go to Sam's (if you're a member) and redeem for discounted Disney GC (usually around 4%) off. That was my grand plan until I realized I have NO DISNEY trips planned after this Nov :crazy2: If you're not into the semi convoluted WM gc to Sam's purchased Disney GC, there is still the whole 7500 UR transferred to your CSR after you max out the quarterly spend at Wal Mart or a whole slew of department stores.

Another Chase option is the Marriott then earn those points, transfer to SPG and have a Solwfin Disney vacation BUT since most report this ISN'T subject to the 5/24 I'd advise against it.

Finally, if you have any sort of business claims, the experts out there can tall you about the Chase business cards (@calypso726, @Albort, @Lain) but I can't.

Good luck finding one that works for you :)

Hmm, if you want do Chase, then the Freedom card would be the next one to get, the rotating 5% categories are nice and you can transfer points to your CSR. Or your DH could get the CIP and you could get a SW card, never hurts to have extra points. Marriott might be nice. I've read that the personal card is subject to 5/24 but the business card is not.

Thanks for the responses. Ideally I think I'd like to stick with Chase for now to build more UR. Honestly I'd prefer if DH would get the CIP for the bonus. However, I'm having a hard time talking him into getting a business card, even though I had no trouble getting one. I'm an independent consultant for a direct selling company and just used the info from that. I had just started in June and applied for the card in July, was truthful about all numbers relating to the business and was approved - although not instantly, but was approved on the status line a few days after application. He's against having to discuss a "business" with an agent, which I really don't blame him for.

The Freedom does sound appealing for our spend outside of dining and travel. Guess I need to research that card a bit more. I was so focused on the CSP that I really haven't done any homework on the Freedom. Is there any kind of decent sign-up bonus on that one?

DH has both SW cards for the CP, which is good until the end of next year. My plan is to wait to apply for those cards myself towards the end of 2018 in order to get the CP for 2019-2020. Of course, this is completely dependent upon Chase not changing things with the SW cards. Fingers crossed!!

I'm honestly not sure how many Disney trips we'll have after our APs expire in June. I'd love to continue going multiple times a year, but I don't know that DH is on board with that plan. He'd rather branch out and visit other places, which I understand. If I can use this hobby to book vacations to other places, I'm all for it. Of course, we'll definitely be back at Disney at some point - maybe just not 4-5 trips in 12 months again.

I was even thinking about branching out to AMEX for MR, but want to try to max out Chase while we can. Currently I have an AMEX BCE which I got before I learned about this hobby. I need to check out more AMEX cards to see what's available and what would fit our lifestyle/spending best.

Does anyone have any idea how I can find out if I'm going to owe a lot more to AoA for local taxes and resort fees on my Chase UR portal booking? Should I just call and ask the Disney reservations line? I don't know why I was thinking those were included in my points/cash payment. I now see in the fine print of my reservation that they aren't. I was charged for "Taxes and Fees", but who knows what that means.

We also had no additional taxes/fees to pay for our June trip which was booked through the Chase portal. I'm thinking this is just something that appears on all their paperwork to cover them in the cases where resorts do charge additional taxes and fees upon arrival.

@tink1970, I'm flattered but I'm no expert, though I do try to share what I learn from the miles and points blogs, reddit, and personal experience. I'm happy to give @mhartman09 my two cents.

The CSP was also going to be my next card. 50k UR for signing up would've been so nice! I would've then added my LO as an AU for 5k UR bonus and referred my DW for a 10k UR bonus; DW would've gotten another 50k UR for signing up and added our LO as an AU for another 5k UR. All those UR, foreclosed by Chase's new rules! [I still kick myself for not jumping on this plan sooner, but I don't have any big travel goals in the short term, and I've kind of been in points maximizing mode with the cards I already have in my wallet.] When the new Sapphire rules came down, it reminded me that the rules of this game can change anytime and come suddenly without notice.

So I jumped on getting DW to apply for her own CIP, and she was approved after her application was pending review for a few days! 80k UR signup bonus for DW, and 20k UR referral bonus for me! @mhartman09, have you thought about having DH apply for his own CIP using your referral link? That's 100k in total bonuses right there for $5,000 spend in 3 months. Since you and your husband both have the CSR and got that card's bonuses this year, you can't go for the CSP and the CIP really is the last big signup bonus that'll give you UR points. My wife applied as a sole proprietor using some sales she made on eBay last year, about ~$1,500; we have good household income, a long relationship with Chase (accounts and other credit cards), and her credit score is ~800. Remember that Chase business cards are also subject to the 0/30 rule: no other applications in the last 30 days.

To @tink1970's suggestion about getting the Freedom -- we love our Freedom for the 5% UR, but I'd hate to waste a 5/24 slot on it! The Freedom has a $150 signup bonus, which is 15k UR? I'd like to think there are other 5/24 cards that have signup bonuses worth more than that. The minimum spend requirement is also only $500 in 3 months. Your $1,800 bill would take care of that in one charge, and you'd be wasting $1,300 worth of spend on 1x UR. I recall you mentioning you're a Sam's Club member when there was the Chase Pay 10% promo, so the Freedom's Q4 5% bonus at Walmart would be nice if you're planning to buy $1,500 worth of Walmart GCs to spend at and stack with Sam's Club's discount on Disney GCs, but that adds up to only about a 10% savings, which to me is kind of the bare minimum discount at which I'd buy Disney GCs. With the holidays coming up, I think there will be plenty of opportunities to buy Disney GCs at a 10% savings or more. Since you and your husband both have CSRs, you may be thinking of downgrading one of them after the first year, and the Freedom would be a perfect card to product change to, but I wouldn't use a 5/24 slot to get a Freedom.

Take a look at the cards subject to 5/24: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-524-rule-explained-detail-need-know/
  • Chase Freedom
  • Chase Freedom Unlimited
  • Chase Sapphire Preferred
  • Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Chase Ink Cash
  • Chase Ink Preferred
  • Chase Southwest Plus personal card
  • Chase Southwest Premier personal card
  • Chase Southwest Premier business card
  • Chase Marriott Premier personal card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Club Card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Club Business Card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer personal card
  • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer business card
It seems to me that you and/or your husband don't have the Marriott personal card and the United MileagePlus Explorer cards.

The Marriott personal card is subject to 5/24; the Marriott business card is not. The Marriott personal card currently has a 80k Marriott Rewards points signup offer after spending $3,000 in 3 months, but a few months ago it was at a high of 100k points. Still 80k Marriott points = 26,6k SPG points, which is about what Amex is currently offering on their SPG card (25k Starpoints). Since the Marriott card is subject to 5/24, it makes sense to get the Marriott card while you're still under 5/24 then eventually get the Amex SPG (and hope the signup bonus goes back up to 30k or 35k Starpoints). Full disclosure, we don't usually stay at Marriott or SPG hotels when we travel so I haven't had a reason to pick up these cards, but I do plan to round out my 5/24 with a Marriott eventually and then start accumulating SPG points, which are valuable and flexible. However, word of caution, since Marriott and Starwood are merging, there's a lot up in the air about their respective awards programs and a lot of people fear SPG points may eventually become devalued. Last I read about it, TPTB don't know what to do about the two programs and things should remain business as usually probably through at least 2018.

The United MPE currently has a public offer of 40k MileagePlus miles, but people are being targeted with 60k offers + statement credit offers. Pretty much all summer, the MPE had a 50k public offer and a 70k targeted offer, so I wouldn't want to apply if I could only get 40k miles. I used to fly on United a lot, and I love that you can transfer MP miles to a large number of airlines in the Star Alliance, if you plan on traveling internationally; but I've found that it can be frustrating to get a good redemption value flying United (particularly between Hawaii and the mainland USA, which you mentioned wanting to do). United has made a number of changes to their MileagePlus program in recent years, and I haven't kept up with all the details. There's also the fact that I think you said you're in Louisiana? That's not a United hub (closest would be IAH in Houston), so I don't know how easy or difficult it would be for you to fly on United. All that, and United hasn't exactly been the picture of flying the friendly skies recently.

Lastly, if you and your husband are both at 4/24 right now, whoever applies, I would definitely suggest trying to double dip that last spot. Apply for two 5/24 cards at about the same time -- the card you want more first; use two different browsers, incognito mode on the same browser, or back-to-back and clear cookies, and hope you get approved for both before either shows up on your credit report.

P.S.S. If there's an Amex card you really really want instead, you could go for an Amex while under 5/24 and still get a Chase 5/24 card in the next month or two because Amex cards take about 2 months/billing cycles before they appear on your credit report. Similarly, if there's a business card you're interested in, you can go for it because those typically don't appear on your personal credit report and won't count against 5/24.

@Lain - Thanks for your very thorough response. You've given me lots to think about. I'm really leaning towards doing whatever I can to convince DH to use my referral and get his own CIP. He has sold things on ebay here and there, but it would definitely be a "business." If I can just get him to go for it, we'd have the 100K UR, plus it wouldn't take up a 5/24 slot for him. I honestly haven't even been thinking about specific co-branded cards mainly because we haven't done much traveling requiring a hotel stay in a while. I've been focusing on the flexibility of UR, but since our Disney trips will be far more spread out soon, I guess I should take a closer look at some other choices. We don't have any hotel cards at all and the only airline cards would be DH's SW cards.

I do agree with you on the Freedom. We are planning to only keep my CSR, so having DH downgrade his CSR to a Freedom is probably our best bet for that card. I really did have a game plan, but Chase's new rule threw me all out of whack. Although I was completely aware things can change at any time without warning, I suppose I got too comfy with all the UR we'd been earning recently. I really should have jumped on the CSP sooner, but what's done is done. :) It's making me re-evaluate things, that's for sure.

@mhartman09

Im no expert either. I was barely a year into it when this thread popped up so im just as noobs the rest of you. Heres my 2 cents.
Option 1:
if your at 4/24. hitting the 2 freedom cards is probably a really good choice pushing you up to 6/24. I know the unlimited had a $300 return promotion in branch, but im not sure if that exist anymore.
Option 2:
How close to your 2 year are u for your CSP? i know my 2 years just ran up this month, if your close to your 2 years, you might consider downgrading your CSP to freedom and then applying... i believe the 2 years ends @ the time you get the card. (Need to double check).
Option 3: branching out
Keeping everything in UR can sometimes not be a good thing. branch out! there are 3 other programs you can look into. MR, TYP, and SPG. This will keep your options open for a wider redemption.
Option 4:
One card that doesnt get any love is the CIC. Its got the biggest multiple of any UR point earning. Im not sure why its not wanted. 5x @ office supplies is a super good categories. This opens you up to a wide categories of gift cards. Ive been starting now buying VGCs and using them to buy everything i need(utilities). even with the fee, u still earning 1.5x profit. i have the CI+, they way things are going, im earning about 10k per month(on student income).
Option 5: Hotel
You dont seem to find a hotel card... pick one... :]

if i come up with more stuff, ill let u know.

@mhartman09

Im no expert either. I was barely a year into it when this thread popped up so im just as noobs the rest of you. Heres my 2 cents.
Option 1:
if your at 4/24. hitting the 2 freedom cards is probably a really good choice pushing you up to 6/24. I know the unlimited had a $300 return promotion in branch, but im not sure if that exist anymore.
Option 2:
How close to your 2 year are u for your CSP? i know my 2 years just ran up this month, if your close to your 2 years, you might consider downgrading your CSP to freedom and then applying... i believe the 2 years ends @ the time you get the card. (Need to double check).
Option 3: branching out
Keeping everything in UR can sometimes not be a good thing. branch out! there are 3 other programs you can look into. MR, TYP, and SPG. This will keep your options open for a wider redemption.
Option 4:
One card that doesnt get any love is the CIC. Its got the biggest multiple of any UR point earning. Im not sure why its not wanted. 5x @ office supplies is a super good categories. This opens you up to a wide categories of gift cards. Ive been starting now buying VGCs and using them to buy everything i need(utilities). even with the fee, u still earning 1.5x profit. i have the CI+, they way things are going, im earning about 10k per month(on student income).
Option 5: Hotel
You dont seem to find a hotel card... pick one... :]

if i come up with more stuff, ill let u know.

Thanks!! I'm actually pretty far off from 2 years for a Sapphire bonus. I just got my CSR card in December and bonus shortly after. DH got his CSR in January and bonus shortly after, so we've both got a while to wait to get a Sapphire bonus again. I honestly forget about the CIC. With the bonus for CIP being so high, I just haven't even thought about the CIC. I'm going to try to get DH to go for the CIP using my referral. That will add a nice chunk of UR to our pot. Then I'll definitely be looking into other cards more. I've been so focused on just UR cards, and I don't think I've really given other cards (even Chase co-branded cards) a good look. The only hotels we've really ever stay at in the past are IHG and Marriott. I know we are a ways away from international traveling with this hobby, so maybe I'll look into those and stockpile some points for other trips besides Disney.

Now I'm off to do some reading on reddit and Doc.

One card that doesnt get any love is the CIC. Its got the biggest multiple of any UR point earning. Im not sure why its not wanted. 5x @ office supplies is a super good categories. This opens you up to a wide categories of gift cards. Ive been starting now buying VGCs and using them to buy everything i need(utilities). even with the fee, u still earning 1.5x profit.

I agree! I think the CIC is a great card, and for my needs, is better than the CIP. However, the CIP bonus is what I went after. I plan to PC to a CIC :)

No argument that the CIC is a great card with it earning 5x UR at office supply stores, which sells gift cards to almost everywhere else, and on gift card platforms like PPDG, Gyft, Swych, Cashstar -- all for no annual fee. I think the reason the CIC gets so little love is because the CIP offers such a bigger signup bonus (80k UR vs. $300/30k) that people go for the CIP initially, then product change to the CIC after a year. With the perception that it's hard to get approval for a second business card from Chase, especially if you only have a "business," I think the choice is obviously go for the business card with the biggest signup bonus.

I agree! I think the CIC is a great card, and for my needs, is better than the CIP. However, the CIP bonus is what I went after. I plan to PC to a CIC :)

I'll probably PC my CIP to a CIC after a year, but we're definitely keeping my wife's new CIP.

CIP, when paying through Plastiq (at least as it's currently coding), earns us 3x UR on sooo many of our biggest expenses that pretty much any other card would earn us only 1x. This includes rent, utilities, student loan payments. We added our LO's preschool tuition payments through Plastiq for this year, and it looks like this is another expense that's coding as 3x!* CIP also earns us 3x on our cell phone bills when paid directly to AT&T, and 3x on gift cards with PPDG, Gyft, and Cashstar.

I've seen DPs that CIP also earns 3x on Netflix, Hulu, and eBay fees directly. If you have a mortgage, and can get Plastiq to process payment with a CIP, recent DPs say that earns 3x too.

*Our preschool tuition payment is still pending so it hasn't shown up as a line in our rewards activity yet, but my pending UR points balance reflects the addition of 3x tuition payment. When setting up this payment through Plastiq, I categorized it as "Tuition," which is the same category we selected for our student loans that also earn 3x. I wonder if you can earn 3x on things like private school/college/grad school tuition, summer camp, after school activities, music lessons, tutoring sessions, etc. by categorizing them as tuition on Plastiq?

Update: Confirmed. Our preschool tuition payment using CIP through Plastiq posted to recent activity and coded as "trvl, ship, adv, telecom" for 3x UR.

Last edited:
@belle1986 & @CyndiLouWho, thank you both very much! That is great to hear. I just signed up for chase freedom and ink yesterday. But i will keep this on my radar for sure. Maybe once I've gotten the bonus from those other cards. Or...I'm not familiar with the chase UR yet, is there a way to convert those points to AA flights (for a good value)?
You can't directly convert UR points to AA miles, but the UR portal does show AA, UA and Delta flights. Last March, I booked 2 AA flights plus 6 nights hotel in Anaheim for around 100 k points. I used my travel credit from CSR to book the third flight so the 3 of us spent spring break in DL.
ETA You can also book SW flight with UR points but only by phone

Is there a card with the TSA precheck benefit that doesn't have a high AF?

When I began this hobby DH swore he wouldn't step foot on a plane so I got precheck for myself (kids are covered under me) Well now wouldn't you know after getting left at home for two trips he's starting to ask about "next time". I don't want to pay oop for his precheck in case it's a one and done thing. He has a Wells Fargo business and Amex Blue Cash that were opened in the last 2 yrs.

Is there a card with the TSA precheck benefit that doesn't have a high AF?

When I began this hobby DH swore he wouldn't step foot on a plane so I got precheck for myself (kids are covered under me) Well now wouldn't you know after getting left at home for two trips he's starting to ask about "next time". I don't want to pay oop for his precheck in case it's a one and done thing. He has a Wells Fargo business and Amex Blue Cash that were opened in the last 2 yrs.

BOA Premium Rewards card.

edit: I'm confused. if you guys book on the same reservation you all get precheck.

Last edited:
Really? That would be awesome. I thought it was just me and kids under 12.

can confirm, i have global entry, took my parents to Alaska to see the Northern Lights, they both got TSA Pre since we were all under the same reservation.

can confirm, i have global entry, took my parents to Alaska to see the Northern Lights, they both got TSA Pre since we were all under the same reservation.

This is not true. According to the TSA website:

I’m traveling with my family; can they also use the TSA Pre✓® lane?
  • Family members ages 12 and under traveling with an eligible parent or guardian with a TSA Pre✓® indicator on their boarding pass can participate in expedited screening.
  • Family members 13 and older must go through standard security lanes or should apply for a DHS trusted traveler program.
Some adults randomly get assigned TSA precheck even if they haven't gone through the official TSA precheck background check process. My mom never applied, but she seems to get it on her boarding pass every time that she flies. It seems to be much more common to be "randomly" assigned to older adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter