I need a blender

I hope you are able to come up with a solution that works for you. If you stay in a DVC Villa they do have blenders. You would have to be in a one-bedroom or larger though. It would probably cost extra money, but the space is really nice and you would have a full kitchen in addition to your blender.

Congrats to you and your husband. It is SO hard to lose weight, I do not blame you for wanting to continue your success on vacation.

I hope you are able to come up with a solution that works for you. If you stay in a DVC Villa they do have blenders. You would have to be in a one-bedroom or larger though. It would probably cost extra money, but the space is really nice and you would have a full kitchen in addition to your blender.

Congrats to you and your husband. It is SO hard to lose weight, I do not blame you for wanting to continue your success on vacation.

Thank you. It is the breaking of the routine that worries me. DH gets up and drinks my smoothie before work. It saves on stops at McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts and he gets all the vitamins instead of preservatives. I’m going to call the CR and see what they say.

I just did a quick search and it looks like a one bedroom at OKW is cheaper for that week than CR. Although.... It isn't on the monorail. Just a thought.

Having lost 50lbs in the last year I'm sure there are other things you could eat temporarily other than normal fare. Do a little research and maybe try a few things before you go. Having done some of my research on the subject I'm pretty sure that organic ingredents have little to do with the weight loss. It's probably due to just eating a healthier diet. At least that's how it's worked for me.

I fully understand the idea of a routine. I have a high protein drink for breakfast 6 days out of 7 and that's worked pretty well.
Good luck.

I guess in my excitement in planning our trip I forgot the crucial step of eating. I checked GG and they do have some items that we eat each morning. My DH is a routine guy so I am hoping we can make this work for him. He has lost a good 75lbs on my smoothie diet and I just don’t want him to fall off the wagon.

If it important to you- there is a Whole Foods and Walmart on Turkey Lake(not far from WDW). Rent a car or a Taxi (Taxi vans are always at that Walmart) and make a quick trip off property to get what you need and enjoy your vacation.

Thank you. It is the breaking of the routine that worries me. DH gets up and drinks my smoothie before work. It saves on stops at McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts and he gets all the vitamins instead of preservatives. I’m going to call the CR and see what they say.

FYI-depending on the number you are calling-you are not really calling the resort, but a call center off site.

You may request a blender if you're in a DVC studio too. We do on almost every stay in a studio.

If it important to you- there is a Whole Foods and Walmart on Turkey Lake(not far from WDW). Rent a car or a Taxi (Taxi vans are always at that Walmart) and make a quick trip off property to get what you need and enjoy your vacation.
I second this. If it's really important to you then you should make a special trip to the Whole Foods. I have heard good things about the Magic Bullet for making smoothies. If you get one now you can work out your routine with it before you go.

That’s awful. How do you contact a resort directly?

I'm pretty sure they can transfer you, but if you just ask the person who answers the phone and you assume that they are the "front desk", you could get any kind of weird answer.

Though I have no idea who you would talk to at the resort. Are you just asking for a blender or if they can provide this food.

For each restaurant you can contact them concerning special diets or allergies. You are calling the resort which has nothing to do with food service even though its in the same building.

Good Luck

:welcome:to the Dis! I too, like the idea of having one shipped. But I would for sure call to see what if anything can be done for you at the resort. Good luck!

ETA: What about one of those small blenders like the Magic Bullet? Would that work?

I guess in my excitement in planning our trip I forgot the crucial step of eating. I checked GG and they do have some items that we eat each morning. My DH is a routine guy so I am hoping we can make this work for him. He has lost a good 75lbs on my smoothie diet and I just don’t want him to fall off the wagon.

Well, I have experience with this. My husband is on a diet that requires "shakes" (ice blended with his packet of "food"). It is a medically supervised diet that has given him great success. We have traveled on multiple trips with a Magic Bullet Blender and in our suitcase it takes up less space than a pair of tennis shoes! We pare down the parts though...we only bring the motor base, one cup, and one blade. We just wash the cup and blade frequently. It is an inexpensive blender that has been a great benefit for our family. We had one on our President's Week trip at POFQ! :woohoo:

Well, I have experience with this. My husband is on a diet that requires "shakes" (ice blended with his packet of "food"). It is a medically supervised diet that has given him great success. We have traveled on multiple trips with a Magic Bullet Blender and in our suitcase it takes up less space than a pair of tennis shoes! We pare down the parts though...we only bring the motor base, one cup, and one blade. We just wash the cup and blade frequently. It is an inexpensive blender that has been a great benefit for our family. We had one on our President's Week trip at POFQ! :woohoo:

I’m on hold with the “central kitchen” so I can update everyone if/when I get through. I think I may get the bullet though. One question is it overly loud? DS and DD will be sleeping and I typically get DH’s shake ready before he is up. I don’t want to vibrate the room to death!:goodvibes

I had a Bullet and I think it was quieter than a normal blender. I wore it out and got a real blender and I really just miss the Bullet. It was so much better. I hear that the new one, Ninja or whatever it is called, is even better, though.

Good luck! I hope you can get it figured out!

Yep, if you were a DVC member (or renting DVC points) no matter what size unit, you can call and request a blender for your stay. We've done it plenty of times when staying in a Studio. OP, why not look into staying at BLT in a studio, the price may be comparable!

I’m on hold with the “central kitchen” so I can update everyone if/when I get through. I think I may get the bullet though. One question is it overly loud? DS and DD will be sleeping and I typically get DH’s shake ready before he is up. I don’t want to vibrate the room to death!:goodvibes

Well.....I won't lie and say it's quiet! ;) I would recommend waiting until everyone is conscious before operating it though. It would definitely wake my DD5 if I used it in the same room with her. Perhaps could you use it while everyone else is getting ready/eating? Then transfer the smoothie into a disposable cup so DH can take it with him if necessary? Just a thought.

Good luck!

I spoke with the Manager at the “central kitchen” which I am not sure what or where that is. He said they would be very happy to help and just bring what we need and they can take care of the rest.

Also on a side note I googled the magic bullet and let’s just say it is not what I thought it was. It appears there is a blending device and a device for ladies. Lesson learned – be careful with google.

Well.....I won't lie and say it's quiet! ;) I would recommend waiting until everyone is conscious before operating it though. It would definitely wake my DD5 if I used it in the same room with her. Perhaps could you use it while everyone else is getting ready/eating? Then transfer the smoothie into a disposable cup so DH can take it with him if necessary? Just a thought.

Good luck!

Let's just hope that guests of the rooms neighbours to OP aren't late sleepers, or they'll be in for a shaky surprise... :lmao:

Mx

I spoke with the Manager at the “central kitchen” which I am not sure what or where that is. He said they would be very happy to help and just bring what we need and they can take care of the rest.

Also on a side note I googled the magic bullet and let’s just say it is not what I thought it was. It appears there is a blending device and a device for ladies. Lesson learned – be careful with google.

Good luck with that.

Hahaha!! :lmao: I dang near spit my diet mtn dew onto my computer screen! You always have to add the word "blender" to that search!

Let's just hope that guests of the rooms neighbours to OP aren't late sleepers, or they'll be in for a shaky surprise... :lmao:

Mx

Haha. We never worried about that. I didn't think it was any louder than our hairdryer, which I wouldn't hesitate to use in the wee hours of the morning.

Hmmm ... I don't think I would rely on that. In addition, it will be so much easier to just make your shake in your room v/s bringing your stuff down to the kitchen every time you want to make one. Pack the Magic Bullet (which ever variety you choose ;)) and you'll be happier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter