I need Disney Therapy. Are you coming or not?.... Nov/Dec 11 pre trip report

Wahoo...another Christmastime PTR...I will be back later to read up!

First, :hug::grouphug::hug: about your Dad!!! I love how you have regrouped for the Christmas Party changing traditional plans and I know that the entire trip will be full of magic and fun!

Hi Emma,
I didn't even see you started a PTR...sorry..I'm in. If you can't find anyone to go with you...I will;). I need a Disney therapy too. Oh how I wish we can go back again. Can't wait to hear more updates on your trip. Discovery Cove was awesome. That had to be the best day we all had.

Wahoo...another Christmastime PTR...I will be back later to read up!

Welcome :)

First, :hug::grouphug::hug: about your Dad!!! I love how you have regrouped for the Christmas Party changing traditional plans and I know that the entire trip will be full of magic and fun!
Thanks. I am currently figuring out our "schedule" so will see what I come up with for last day but I do have a few ideas :) Luvin the pic btw thanky doo.

Hi Emma,
I didn't even see you started a PTR...sorry..I'm in. If you can't find anyone to go with you...I will;). I need a Disney therapy too. Oh how I wish we can go back again. Can't wait to hear more updates on your trip. Discovery Cove was awesome. That had to be the best day we all had.
Welcome :)
So maybe in 2013 a big group of disers can go solo together if you get my drift.... Sounds good :) I think next year I'm either going to Paris again or on a cruise... We spoke about the cruise at home because of jenseib's trip report and conversation went something like so:
Moi: I'd love to go on a disney cruise.. They go to a little island and do fun things on a beach and there's characters and there's the ship from pirates.
Mommy: Would you like to do a cruise I didn't think you'd be into that..
Moi: No I wouldn't liek to do a cruise I'd like to do a DISNEY cruise :lmao:
I did Discovery Cove in 2005 and it is gorgeous like a little paradise away from all the parks... In 2005 it was an early 21st birthday present (a year early lol) it was brilliant though but when I went out to do the swim bit I went straight under water because I didn't realise I was on a cliff type thing and it got so deep straight away... I thought it'd be like a beach and get deep slowly oops! :rolleyes1

So not that I'm counting or anything but today there is only 200 days left until I go to Florida... :cheer2:

I'm also starting to put together a semi plan of action so I can figure out how many days we need tickets for. Disney have their November hours up and Seaworld have their opening hours until the end of the year. Only one I'm waiting for now is Universal and then getting out last years park maps to find rides we missed/have never done or want to do again.

Quick question for y'all... When exactly is Thanksgiving is it the 24th or 25th of November?

TWO HUNDRED DAYS deserves a :yay::woohoo::yay:

A cruise sounds like HEAVEN!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes I would love to go on a cruise! ;)

TWO HUNDRED DAYS deserves a :yay::woohoo::yay:

A cruise sounds like HEAVEN!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes I would love to go on a cruise! ;)

Yeah I can't wait for both :rotfl: Arranging this trip and trying to read up on the different cruises as I go as well luvin it :)

Thanky doo. We'll be flying that day so no celebrating for us unless we're not completely tired out when we get there :)

So putting in schedule day by day just to drag it out and so on lol :)

We leave on the 24th and this year for the first time ever we have a direct flight to Orlando so about 9 or 9.5 hours on a plane :eek: That would be fine if it were a morning flight because we could sleep most of the way but flight is at 12.20 so I'm thinking I might go to bed very very late that night so I'll be tired out and will sleep on the plane. i figure sleeping makes the time go quicker and won't have to find as much to amuse myself with for a flight that long.
We are due to get to Orlando at 16.50 all going well and the hopefully once we get luggage and our mears non magical express we'll get to hotel before 7. Then I figure if we're not to tired and if it's open we might try go to Titanic Exhibition which was about 5 minutes away from our hotel. We tried to see it last year but it was closed by the time we went up to it and we never got time to go back.

I was also looking at ticket prices and I reckon it's going to be cheaper to buy from disney and universal sites again than the ticket agency over here. So just waiting impatiently for universal to release their November/December times to decide how many days I want to give them lol.

A little annoyed today! My travelling buddy informed me that even after paying for the trip they still might not go it'll all depend on what they decide that month! :mad: My thoughts right now are i don't care i'm going with or without you but I'm not saying that out loud to them so it doesn't case an argument I just don't want to deal with it!:sad2:

Yesterday should have been my brothers 40th so got a packet of balloons wrote messages on them and went to the beach he used to swim on and let them all fly away. :littleangel: I was also talking to my nieces the other day and when I mentioned the trip talking bout holidays DN10 got very excited at the fact I might meet Rapunzal so going to look for pics now of Rapunzal and her tower to send to her :)

A little annoyed today! My travelling buddy informed me that even after paying for the trip they still might not go it'll all depend on what they decide that month! :mad: My thoughts right now are i don't care i'm going with or without you but I'm not saying that out loud to them so it doesn't case an argument I just don't want to deal with it!:sad2:

Yesterday should have been my brothers 40th so got a packet of balloons wrote messages on them and went to the beach he used to swim on and let them all fly away. :littleangel: I was also talking to my nieces the other day and when I mentioned the trip talking bout holidays DN10 got very excited at the fact I might meet Rapunzal so going to look for pics now of Rapunzal and her tower to send to her :)

sorry about the traveling buddy...

What a great way to honor your brother!

sorry about the traveling buddy...

What a great way to honor your brother!

She'll come round I hope.. I think we were just both in bad moods all day.

Thanks. I wanted to do something special since it would have been his 40th so figured that would be a nice idea.

Since I was making a dvd present for my nieces birthday and came across the old pics from various past disney trips I thought I'd share them with you. I've been to a Disney park seven times in total. WDW five times and Paris twice.

In 2002 I went to Disneyland Paris for the first time with the Irish dancing school I was in and we danced in the theatre in what would be Tomorrowland I believe it might have been called Discoveryland in Paris at the time though. We went at the end of January/start of Feburary and it was sunny. (I tell you this for a reason which you'll see on the second Paris trip.)

The first year we went to Paris as well there was only the main Magic Kingdom type park as the studios were only built that year. The castle there is impressive but smaller than WDW (sorry pic is missing top of the castle)
par020004.jpg

In Paris you can walk around upstairs in the castle and the stained windows as well as walls and ornaments as such tell the story of Sleeping Beauty:
par020005.jpg

par020002a.jpg

From the video as well I can tell you that there are snoring noises near that particular wall.
This guy lives and growls underneath the castle:
par020002.jpg

Then our favourite part of the park is Fantasyland. We're not into the big rollercoaster type rides and prefere the likes of Peter Pan, Small World etc. I love the way in Small world they have included an Irish section. This is part of the one in Paris:
sw02.jpg

More small world:
iasw.jpg

They have an Alice in Wonderland maze where you could go through Queen of hearts castle and this dude was in the middle:
par02030002.jpg

This is parked in oneside one of the restaurants in Fantasyland as well:
par020001.jpg

Snow White ride in Paris ends with this scene:
sw.jpg

Then this is one of the floats from their daytime parade which I think looks cool:
jafar.jpg

And then Elliot from Main street Electrical Parade:
par020003.jpg

I'm thinking there's only 5 days until I can make ADR's....
We don't normally do ADR's we normally eat at counter service but I'm going to book some to have the reservation and then cancel them closer to the time if I don't manage to talk mommy around to them :littleangel:
Last year I managed to get Sci Fi and O'Hana's character breakfast.. This year I really want Crystal Palace and anything else will be a bonus :)

Thank you for sharing the pictures, beautiful! I think the castle is what really lets me know I am there! I remember the first time I went to DL...I was so disappointed in my mind has a teenager I always thought the castle was HUGE....no so much. Last year my first trip to WDW, the castle lived up to my dreams! I got to eat dinner at CRT at the prime table...center window over looking FL...amazing. It is a must for me that the first thing my children "experience" in WDW is a view of the castle!

WOW, you are so close to your ADRs! I am jealous! I have until July 3! We usually head to our cabin for 4th of July around the 1st of July...but this year I am staying behind...to pick up ds#1 from camp on July 2nd...and then to make my ADRs before joing up with dh and my other 2 children. :rotfl: Can you believe the things we do for ADRs!

I am hoping for the 8:05 am ADR at CP! Besides wanting a picture of the castle and family without other people in it...I have to try the Pooh Stuffed French Toast and the Breakfast Laszna.

Thank you for sharing the pictures, beautiful! I think the castle is what really lets me know I am there! I remember the first time I went to DL...I was so disappointed in my mind has a teenager I always thought the castle was HUGE....no so much. Last year my first trip to WDW, the castle lived up to my dreams! I got to eat dinner at CRT at the prime table...center window over looking FL...amazing. It is a must for me that the first thing my children "experience" in WDW is a view of the castle!

WOW, you are so close to your ADRs! I am jealous! I have until July 3! We usually head to our cabin for 4th of July around the 1st of July...but this year I am staying behind...to pick up ds#1 from camp on July 2nd...and then to make my ADRs before joing up with dh and my other 2 children. :rotfl: Can you believe the things we do for ADRs!

I am hoping for the 8:05 am ADR at CP! Besides wanting a picture of the castle and family without other people in it...I have to try the Pooh Stuffed French Toast and the Breakfast Laszna.

No problem on the pics.. Thought it'd be nice to share them because I luv seeing other pics as well.

I just really want to have breakfast with Tigger and Eeyore :)

In 2003 we went to Paris again. Same time of the year as 2002. In 2002 it was sunny and warm... in 2003 it was SNOWING! We all had to buy coats because we were frozen :rotfl:
This was another dancing trip and this time we danced in a theatre in Fantasyland.
Also this time the Walt Disney Studios were open:
par02030001.jpg

There was a Winter show on:
par03.jpg

and then an extra piccie of the Electric Night Parade :)
gfhfgh.jpg

Oh my I just LOVE the photos!!! I am going to show Rachel Sleeping Beauty's castle in Paris...she is her favorite and will just SWOON! I can hear her now asking me if we can visit...How forutnate to have had so many trips thus far to see the World and memorilaized in SO many beautiful photos...Thank you for sharing!

Almost time to make ADR's!!!! :yay:That makes it seem more real to me!!

I hope these long work days speed by for you :goodvibes:flower3::goodvibes(Is this day 5, my time is all mixed up) ...dream of Disney....

This is day 6 of 9 days working in a row. I have the weekend off because the musical society have a concert on Saturday so after work last two days and tomorrow I'm in rehearsals for that and I feel like someone has sat on my head. Have been getting sharp pains in my head for the last four days I think I need more time to sleep but....

I got Mickey Mail.. kind of. I'll post more about it Thursday evening when I've time to take pics and load them.
Two days til I can start making ADR's :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter