I need Disney Therapy. Are you coming or not?.... Nov/Dec 11 pre trip report

Thanks for posting pics from Disneyland Paris!:thumbsup2 That's not a place I've ever seen many pics of so it is really cool to see some.

No problem. I'd post more but can't find them. :( I have some other disney oldies dug out though so i'll post as I go along...

Silly me.. was trying to cheat a little because the dates of our trip are now open for dining reservations but can't reserve it yet :( I dunno because we're not on property if the 180 days rule applies to us but 180 days will be Sunday week so will try again then if not don't know when we'll be able to make ADR's :(

But sharing the Mickey Mail.. I got more today.
It's my Mam's birthday next month so I decided to get us matching t-shirts for the trip like the Big give t-shirts because they're just cool and they started arriving this week... First these arrived:
IMG_0228.jpg

The pink one is for me although it looks red in that pic it's super bright and super cool.
Then I got two of these today and going to do pick a pearl with Mam in Epcot and give it to her then:
IMG_0227.jpg

I love it even without the pearl.
Then I made these ones (the black one is for me)
IMG_0229.jpg

I also got t-shirt transfer paper so might do a few more but we have alot of Disney t-shirts anyways so don't need to many either although I think you can never have to many disney t-shirts :)

No disney news.. 187 days left though I believe :banana:

Our concert went well last night but I've a cold and bad chesty cough now :(
The musical I was involved with got three nominations for the musical society awards that are on next month and the first night has a theme of "fairytale" as fancy dress. I wanted to wear my snow white dress from last years MNSSHP but one of the lads in the group is dressing up as snow white (prob best not to question that :rotfl:)
Does anyone have any ideas where I would get a cheap disney fairytale costume online anywhere or if anyone has any adult costumes lying around that you don't want please let me know :)

Sorry about your cold! Hope youa re feeling better!

I love the shirts! I am thinking about trying to make some with my children...it looks pretty easy :rotfl:!

I bought the Tye Dyes and the iron on's for the other t-shirts :goodvibes

So today I went to Dublin to look for a dress and costume for the musical society awards weekend. I was at a point where I was getting very grumpy, hot, disappointed and tired because I was having no luck finding either a dress or a costume when I went around the corner to see this:
Photo0947.jpg

and I quite literally went :eek: I do believe it's the first Disney Store to be open in Ireland and I found out later that it was only opened on the 18th of May. I had no idea but after my OMG!!! reaction I ran straight across the street pretty much doing this :yay: and was probably more excited than all the children in there!! :littleangel: Of course the grumpy/tired mood was totally forgotten and I took loads of pics to share with you guys.
First the Princess room:
IMG_0236.jpg

Princess Throne:
IMG_0237.jpg

Princess Mirror:
IMG_0238.jpg

Next General Merchandise and decorations:
IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

This appeared to be painted on one wall:
IMG_0242.jpg

There was trees all around the shop with thing projected onto them. See this one has birds and squirrels on it although it's a little hard to see in the phone pic:
Photo0949.jpg

I've also just spotted a hidden Mickey on the tree!!! :)
The windows had silouettes of various Disney characters:
IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

and there was random cute little signs around like these:
IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

more to come...

There was alot of Irish merchandise like notebooks, pens, t-shirts, magnets, keyrings and characters....pics:
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Photo0951.jpg

That last pic is the magnet design and actually has Dublin written underneath but I cut that off when cropping the pic. There was also one with Mickey Mouse on it and there was a t-shirt with that design as well.

Then I spotted these dudes:
IMG_0243.jpg

and since I was planning on getting one in Florida anyway just because I think they're kind of cute I got one in this box:
IMG_0259.jpg

because I like the possible designs and I was hoping for the one that looked like Marie:
IMG_0261.jpg

So opened it up and my first ever Vinylmation is:
IMG_0262.jpg

The chaser!!!... Does this mean it's more rare than the others? :confused: It says Pink elephants on Parade on it's feet.
Anyways I figured I was being lucky with them after getting the chaser so I decided to get another one... I still wanted the Marie one as well.. so opened another one and what did I get:
IMG_0264.jpg

IT'S MARIE!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

After that I left because I would have spent to much money otherwise. I wanted one of everything. :rotfl:
I did notice prices though. They pretty much had the same characters there as the Disney store in Florida Mall had last year and we got two character plushies for 25 dollars there last year well over here the same characters are 26-28 euro each which would be approx 36-39 dollars. Mickey Mouse was 28 euro and I seem to remember a nicer quailty Mickey Mouse in the parks for 18 dollars last year so I think I'll wait for the parks to buy the rest of my disney stuff lol!

Lotso was there though and he did smell like strawberrys in a sickly sweet way but he was approx 45 dollars so I hope I can get him cheaper in Florida.
Vinylmations were approx 14 dollars each here but I wanted to buy something out of first Irish disney store so that's what I got.. plus the magnet. Leaving Dublin I saw this really cute preschool as well. I thought it was cool the way it was painted so here's a little extra random pic:
Photo0950.jpg

181 days!

I got a bunch of pins to trade when we go during the week. No other disney news.. I'm going to start booking ADR's on Sunday so will share more schedule then although this is all still open to change as we go along...

Universal still have no news on their Christmas events or dates they're starting so waiting impatiently for that. :surfweb:

179 days so I can start booking ADR's now :banana:

So I booked the first one today. On day 2 of our trip I have planned Animal Kingdom. It'll be our first park day and Animal kingdom is open til 7 that evening. I do not remember what time we got there last year as we have to get bus to Epcot and then bus to Animal Kingdom from there so I booked a late breakfast for 10.05 in Tusker House :cheer2:

The main thing I want to see in this park this year is Maharajah Jungle trek as we've missed it every other year. I want to see all the characters in their Christmas costumes and of course the Jingle Jungle Parade or whatever it's called :rotfl: after that it's just go with the flow! Also have to go to Kusafiri Coffee and Bakery Shop because FreezinRafiki says you can get Zebra Domes there. We've never tried them but I'm intrigued by them lol!

I do have flashback type pics to share as well.. the 2008 and 2010 pics are in my first trip report (linked below) on our first trip to Disney World Animal kingdom was only being talked about. I think it opened two years after that trip but in 2005 for our first visit to Animal Kingdom I think Bambi was being re-released so this was just at the entrance to the park:
Florida050002.jpg

Also up until last year we didn't really stop for character photos as they take up so much time but I would get pics from the side if I could so have these:
Florida050002r.jpg

Florida050001.jpg

The characters were outside the gates of the park that year.

Joining in! I have been to Disney over Thanksgiving. It's crowded, but not as bad as Christmas Eve/Day or New Year's Eve/Day. Many of the restaurant's typical menus will change on Thanksgiving Day to have a traditional American Turkey dinner.

Joining in! I have been to Disney over Thanksgiving. It's crowded, but not as bad as Christmas Eve/Day or New Year's Eve/Day. Many of the restaurant's typical menus will change on Thanksgiving Day to have a traditional American Turkey dinner.

Welcome. :goodvibes
I think it works out that we're flying on thanksgiving.

Will you be at Pop while we are there? Dec 2 to 4?

We'll be in Florida then but not POP we're staying on international drive for the first 12 days and moving to POP on the 6th to try it out for two days before we go home :)

181 days!

I got a bunch of pins to trade when we go during the week. No other disney news.. I'm going to start booking ADR's on Sunday so will share more schedule then although this is all still open to change as we go along...

Universal still have no news on their Christmas events or dates they're starting so waiting impatiently for that. :surfweb:

What kind of pins do you collect? I use to collect sparkly Tinker Bell pins, but stopped years ago.

As for the Universal Christmas events, I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I have an annual pass for Universal too. Just got passholder mail last week and it was about the summer concerts and special summer discounts.

179 days so I can start booking ADR's now :banana:

So I booked the first one today. On day 2 of our trip I have planned Animal Kingdom. It'll be our first park day and Animal kingdom is open til 7 that evening. I do not remember what time we got there last year as we have to get bus to Epcot and then bus to Animal Kingdom from there so I booked a late breakfast for 10.05 in Tusker House :cheer2:

I haven't been to Tusker House since they changed it into a buffet. Be sure to take lpics of the breakfast food!

The main thing I want to see in this park this year is Maharajah Jungle trek as we've missed it every other year. I want to see all the characters in their Christmas costumes and of course the Jingle Jungle Parade or whatever it's called :rotfl: after that it's just go with the flow! Also have to go to Kusafiri Coffee and Bakery Shop because FreezinRafiki says you can get Zebra Domes there. We've never tried them but I'm intrigued by them lol!

I love Maharajah Jungle trek! I hope the tigers are in plain view when you are there!

I am not a fan of zebra domes. I tried them at Mara at AKL, and they just weren't my type of sweets. I think I am the exception to the rule though.

We'll be in Florida then but not POP we're staying on international drive for the first 12 days and moving to POP on the 6th to try it out for two days before we go home :)

Pop is a great resort! I love the grounds. It's a fun place!

Day 3 is going to be Magic Kingdom day as park is open til 10 that night. It's a saturday though so I might regret that choice but sure. This morning I booked us lunch at the Crystal Palace although I might change that if we decide we can make rope drop at the Kingdom on our last day. Will see.

Magic Kingdom is our favourite park though. Love the castle and the parades and fantasyland is our ride heaven as we don't do thrill rides. So to do will be castle show, parades, fireworks, all fantasyland rides except tea cups but I might do Dumbo for first time this year. I want to do jungle cruise and liberty square riverboat as well though as we haven't done them since 1995 :) and for treats i want to get ice cream cookie from main street bakery! :)

retro pics:
Park map from 1995
mk05.jpg

SAM_0644.jpg

Toontown was Mickey's Starland then and had a load of mini shops:
Florida950002e.jpg

Florida950002r.jpg

Florida950002q.jpg

you couldn't go into any of them but they were cute. There was also a show in Mickey's starland called the starland show and had loads of characters in it:
Florida950003.jpg

we did character pics that year and this is possibly one of the rare characters we saw:
Florida950002w.jpg

I think the night time parade was Spectro Magic:
Florida950003e.jpg

Florida950003q.jpg

Florida950003w.jpg

Florida950004.jpg

Also I made this keyring to put on my park bag:
IMG_0270.jpg

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!!! I loved that Rescue Ranger show!!! Grumpy was so GRUMPY when we came back a couple years later and found toontown with those mini-store fronts gone and the show made into a Mickey Meet and Greet area. He was not sad to see toontown taken away for the Fantasyland expansion. Anakin on the other hand is so sad about the change.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!!! I loved that Rescue Ranger show!!! Grumpy was so GRUMPY when we came back a couple years later and found toontown with those mini-store fronts gone and the show made into a Mickey Meet and Greet area. He was not sad to see toontown taken away for the Fantasyland expansion. Anakin on the other hand is so sad about the change.

No problem. I don't really remember much about Disney in 1995. I remember little things though. I know it was the year my father got very sick. The humidity had a bad effect on his chest. I do have pics of myself and him on various rides that I haven't gone on since. Also inspired by mommy2mrb bringing a goofy toy to remember her hubbie I've dug out the hat my dad got that year we were there and I'm goign to bring that as my sunhat.. It was a white bucket hat with yellow M and Mickey mouse face on it.. I'll post pic eventually :)
I also remember though they used to sell invisible dog leads and I got one and one of the CM's came over to me and really serious said sorry we don't allow dogs in the park so you'll have to leave.. Well my ten year old self thought he was serious and started to panick but then he took it and held it in the air and said to me if you hold it this way you can stay because we've no rule about Giraffees being in the park! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I think I remembered that night because he scared me though. :lmao::lmao:

There was a Mickey Meet and greet there as well at the time that show was on. I liked Toontown though and loved Mickey and Minnie's houses there. I took lots of pics on our last trip because i knew it would be gone the next time we go :( The wait was always so long for Mickey Mouse there though :(

What kind of pins do you collect? I use to collect sparkly Tinker Bell pins, but stopped years ago.

As for the Universal Christmas events, I haven't received anything in the mail yet. I have an annual pass for Universal too. Just got passholder mail last week and it was about the summer concerts and special summer discounts.

My pin collection is on pinpics.com if you in petals in the username search and they should come up. I don't tend to collect a particular type I just go for whatever I like one the day lol

Universal seem very slow and behind the other parks releasing their seasonal hours even. Seaworld has park opening hours up for December just no details of shows but at least you can plan what day to get most out of the park hours wise. I just want Universal details because I don't want to buy tickets until I decide whether we need two or one day passes to Universal. I want to get tickets before August as well because last year ticket prices went up in August so I'm hoping Universal will release Xmas details before then.

I haven't been to Tusker House since they changed it into a buffet. Be sure to take lpics of the breakfast food!
We don't normally do ADR's so I'm booking them just to have. I did tell Mam I booked breakfast with Donald and Lunch with WTP and she didn't say she wouldn't go but just doesn't see the point in expensive meals. Saying that though she did say Sci Fi and O'Hana were the best meals we had last year so I'm hopeful about these :) I will take lots of food pics this year though as well.

I love Maharajah Jungle trek! I hope the tigers are in plain view when you are there!
Hopefully will get good animal pics there. We missed it all the other times we've been but we did do the jungle safari thing and got great pics of the lions last year and we did see Baby Lily on the trek in Africa last year.

I am not a fan of zebra domes. I tried them at Mara at AKL, and they just weren't my type of sweets. I think I am the exception to the rule though.
We've never tried them. I'm not sure if we will like them I read there was ark chocolate on them I don't realy like dark chocolate so will see how dark it looks when we get there :)

Pop is a great resort! I love the grounds. It's a fun place!
This will be our first Disney resort to stay in in Florida as we normally stay on International drive the whole time but I really wanted to stay in a disney hotel so we're trying it for two days before we go home. I'm so excited about it :)

No problem. I don't really remember much about Disney in 1995. I remember little things though. I know it was the year my father got very sick. The humidity had a bad effect on his chest. I do have pics of myself and him on various rides that I haven't gone on since. Also inspired by mommy2mrb bringing a goofy toy to remember her hubbie I've dug out the hat my dad got that year we were there and I'm goign to bring that as my sunhat.. It was a white bucket hat with yellow M and Mickey mouse face on it.. I'll post pic eventually :)
I also remember though they used to sell invisible dog leads and I got one and one of the CM's came over to me and really serious said sorry we don't allow dogs in the park so you'll have to leave.. Well my ten year old self thought he was serious and started to panick but then he took it and held it in the air and said to me if you hold it this way you can stay because we've no rule about Giraffees being in the park! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I think I remembered that night because he scared me though. :lmao::lmao:

That is such a sweet thing to do in honor of your dad!

I remember those dog collars. My son had to have one of them too! And he was also told the giraffe thing!! Oh I had forgotten that completely. Funny how reading about your experience put me right back there and I remembered. And he was stressed out too about no dogs. But he was skeptical about the giraffe.

There was a Mickey Meet and greet there as well at the time that show was on. I liked Toontown though and loved Mickey and Minnie's houses there. I took lots of pics on our last trip because i knew it would be gone the next time we go :( The wait was always so long for Mickey Mouse there though :(

Now this is a very nice Mickey and Minnie meet and greet at Town Square! As you enter the park it's to your immediate right just before Tony's Restaurant, and in the same building.

My pin collection is on pinpics.com if you in petals in the username search and they should come up. I don't tend to collect a particular type I just go for whatever I like one the day lol

My pinpics is so out of date. I turned off requests, but log in occasionally to see if figgy still has me in the system.

Universal seem very slow and behind the other parks releasing their seasonal hours even. Seaworld has park opening hours up for December just no details of shows but at least you can plan what day to get most out of the park hours wise. I just want Universal details because I don't want to buy tickets until I decide whether we need two or one day passes to Universal. I want to get tickets before August as well because last year ticket prices went up in August so I'm hoping Universal will release Xmas details before then.

They sure do seem slow! We just got passes in March. I got an annual since I am usually the one to drive the kids, so I'd get the free parking. Everyone else in the family got a power pass. Can out of country or out of state get a Power Pass or an annual pass? Compared to Disney's prices on passes, Universal's prices on annual passes are more reasonable, but of course, they have less parks.

We don't normally do ADR's so I'm booking them just to have. I did tell Mam I booked breakfast with Donald and Lunch with WTP and she didn't say she wouldn't go but just doesn't see the point in expensive meals. Saying that though she did say Sci Fi and O'Hana were the best meals we had last year so I'm hopeful about these :) I will take lots of food pics this year though as well.

Wow, I don't think I ever heard anyone say that Sci Fi was one of their best meals! Was it actually the food or the atmosphere, or both? I always feel like I am in the minority because I love Sci Fi!!

Hopefully will get good animal pics there. We missed it all the other times we've been but we did do the jungle safari thing and got great pics of the lions last year and we did see Baby Lily on the trek in Africa last year.

That's great! I have yet to get a great lion picture!

We've never tried them. I'm not sure if we will like them I read there was ark chocolate on them I don't realy like dark chocolate so will see how dark it looks when we get there :)

I don't remember much dark chocolate. I remember more white chocolate? And a drizzle of dark. But it's been so long I could be very wrong.

This will be our first Disney resort to stay in in Florida as we normally stay on International drive the whole time but I really wanted to stay in a disney hotel so we're trying it for two days before we go home. I'm so excited about it :)

Pop is a great resort to make as your first! If you are like most people, it will be difficult to stay off property after getting a taste of Disney property.

That is such a sweet thing to do in honor of your dad!
I have a locket that two of my cousins gave me when I was very small for my communion and I have him and my brother who passed away in the locket and I normally don't go very far from home without so they're with me all the time anyway but I thought it'd be cool to add in the hat this year.

I remember those dog collars. My son had to have one of them too! And he was also told the giraffe thing!! Oh I had forgotten that completely. Funny how reading about your experience put me right back there and I remembered. And he was stressed out too about no dogs. But he was skeptical about the giraffe.
Maybe the same CM did it to everyone.. I don't know I just remember thinking I'd have to leave and mam and dad wouldn't :( :rotfl: I think though that dog lead is still in our attic as well.

Now this is a very nice Mickey and Minnie meet and greet at Town Square! As you enter the park it's to your immediate right just before Tony's Restaurant, and in the same building.
I've heard about that. I also heard they were going to do fast pass line for it which scared me how long is stand-by wait line if they feel the need for fast pass :scared1:

My pinpics is so out of date. I turned off requests, but log in occasionally to see if figgy still has me in the system.
I just have them there as I can print that out and bring it with me rather than trying to remember all the pins I have. I get cheap ones on ebay to trade when I'm in the parks but sometimes not sure what I have as I have so many now :rotfl:

They sure do seem slow! We just got passes in March. I got an annual since I am usually the one to drive the kids, so I'd get the free parking. Everyone else in the family got a power pass. Can out of country or out of state get a Power Pass or an annual pass? Compared to Disney's prices on passes, Universal's prices on annual passes are more reasonable, but of course, they have less parks.
We've never booked annual passes before as we don't normally go every year. This trip just arouse from an extremely bad start to the year and it was pretty much book disney or explode for me to cut out the gory details :rotfl: That and I wanted to see the parks at Christmas. Last year we did Universal parks in one day. We're not big into thrill rides so we only did E.T. in Universal and then went to explore Seuss landing and WWOHP. I do want to see macy's Parade and Grinchmas though and not sure timing wise if we'll need one or two days passes to do that.

Wow, I don't think I ever heard anyone say that Sci Fi was one of their best meals! Was it actually the food or the atmosphere, or both? I always feel like I am in the minority because I love Sci Fi!!
I think we had been eating counter service up until then so it wasn't the best food ever and mostly burgers which my mum doesn't particularly love so when she got a huge turkey sandwich in Sci fi she was delighted. She did think that what they showed on the screen was a little stupid but I think she was expecting a movie. I loved it but was freezing there.

That's great! I have yet to get a great lion picture!
I think we got lucky he was out enjoying the sun and then when we drove around a bit the female lion came out as well.

Pop is a great resort to make as your first! If you are like most people, it will be difficult to stay off property after getting a taste of Disney property.
I would be on Disney property all the time if I was going solo. We stayed on property in Paris and hotels were brilliant. Cheyenne is like a country and western movie set. Santa Fe is meant to be Mexican I think but I didn't really get that one :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter