• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want to participate in the 2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon!

While my DH and DD will attend the race with me, I will be running by myself. If there are others out there in the same boat - I would love to have a buddy (or buddies) to meet up - we have a year to get to know each other!

I have asked others to join me, no one thinks they can run a 1/2 marathon - little do they what we can accomplish when we set our mind to it!

My husband will cheer for me but won't be participating so I will also be running by myself.

Hi Everyone!

I just talked my sister into doing this with me next year!!! I am sooo excited! I plan to come back and read the entire thread for some tips. Just wanted to check in and say hi!

Hi, Everyone! :wave:

I've been trying to find a friend to do this with me or least go with me so I don't have to stay alone - what fun would that be both before and after? I would definitely walk. At first was considering the 5k to be safe, but in my heart of hearts want to do the half. Have a little time to decide for sure, either one would be great (though that Princess medal sure would be nice:thumbsup2).

Has anyone else considered the 5k or is everyone for sure doing the half?

Congrats to all working toward this fantastic goal! :goodvibes

Do we need to start an "official 2012 Princess Half" thread? I dont want to sabotage this thread but it seems like most people join in on an "official" thread.... thoughts?

I will start one tonight unless there are huge objections, if no one joins then I will come back over here! No big deal to me either way!

Michele

Do we need to start an "official 2012 Princess Half" thread? I dont want to sabotage this thread but it seems like most people join in on an "official" thread.... thoughts?

I will start one tonight unless there are huge objections, if no one joins then I will come back over here! No big deal to me either way!

Michele

I think an "official" thread is a great idea. I would also like to keep track on there, those people who will be running solo, so we can maybe we can buddy up!

Can we "save" one of the top posts in the offical thread for those participating? I am willing to post a "save" spot and edit it when we get closer for those participating (or maybe wait until registered). That would mean I would need to stick around and actually run this :)

Also, anyone else doing Galloway? I love Galloway running, so I will be following his plan when we get to fall. Probably building myself up slower to 6-8 miles over the summer. I run will 2 min/walk 1 min at a 14-15 min mile.
Michele
Michele

Ok gang, just created the "official" 2012 thread! Located in w.i.s.h and the events/competitions sub category!

Hope you all make the switch over. If someone wants to save a spot for keeping track of solo runners grab it now!

Michele

Hi All! I am new to running and up to week 11 on the Jeff Galloway 5K training. Schedule to run a 5K Sept 10th, my running partner just got word she has a stress fracture. Boo! But i would love to know how the beginners are doing and if we could possible cheer each other on!! Love to hear from all!

Hi All! I am new to running and up to week 11 on the Jeff Galloway 5K training. Schedule to run a 5K Sept 10th, my running partner just got word she has a stress fracture. Boo! But i would love to know how the beginners are doing and if we could possible cheer each other on!! Love to hear from all!

Welcome to the board.:welcome: I believe everybody has moved over to the official thread under events.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2671856

I plan on doing the Disney princess half marathon in 2012 as well. I am planning on walking/jogging. I think you should do it even of you don't "lose the weight" because it will motivate you to keep exercising.

I'm using the training program, from the 1/2 marathon website, by Jeff Galloway. Has anyone used this one, for beginners? I'm not in the best shape but I hope to have great improvement by February. This is a challenge that I would like to conquer! This will be my first 1/2 Marathon...the longest I've ever ran is a 5K...not because I wanted to but had to...so, doing this on my own is going to be huge for me! Good luck to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter