• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want to participate in the 2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon!

:

I am going this weekend to see the Enell and the Moving Comfort in person. My hubby thinks I am nuts because I have been doing research on running socks running shirts running everything but I am only on Week 3 of C25k. So I have to prove him wrong. :rotfl:

A good tip I learned from the gal that fitted me in shoes at my local running store said apparel and socks always get as close to 100% polyester that you can, the higher percentage of poly count the better. The biggest mistake you can make is running in stuff that is cotton, is what she said at least. She is a marathon freak, so I took her word for it. She said always read the labels too. Hope this helps!

I am pretty busty for my size (34G) and have found that Enell is fantastic. They are pretty spendy, but worth it imo. I wear size 1 in Enell. A fantastic site for buying bras is breakout bras. They have excellent customer service. I had to return something and they were great. A friend of mine swears by the Freya sports bras.

ETA: I realized I missed a whole page of replies lol. I didn't know other people said "spendy!" Where are you from kappyfamily?

Lol! I'm in Oregon but grew up all over the country and picked up all kinds of goofy words! I get the strangest looks sometimes! I'll call it unique....:thumbsup2

The biggest mistake you can make is running in stuff that is cotton

I'm going to have to agree with that. The only time I have gotten blisters is while wearing cotton socks. And they certainly don't wick the sweat away from your feet.

As far as my progress, it has been a rough allergy week so I am running shorter distances this week and just trying to work on speed. Today I'm taking a running break and hiking up the mountain before it starts getting too hot to do that.

A good tip I learned from the gal that fitted me in shoes at my local running store said apparel and socks always get as close to 100% polyester that you can, the higher percentage of poly count the better. The biggest mistake you can make is running in stuff that is cotton, is what she said at least. She is a marathon freak, so I took her word for it. She said always read the labels too. Hope this helps!

kappyfamily, it does help. I purchased a pair of Dr.Scholl's supposedly low moisture socks from Wally World and they are a damp soggy mess eventhough I only did 2.30 miles today! So I have no cotton on my list aswell.

Now on the other thread alot of the ladies used Runkeeper, are there any other must have running apps or podcast to help me scoot scoot along?

Now on the other thread alot of the ladies used Runkeeper, are there any other must have running apps or podcast to help me scoot scoot along?

I use runkeeper. I like that I can program it to start my playlist from the app. You can also set it up to let you know where you are at in your run either by certain time amounts or distance amounts. It records the map of your run which you can look at later online. I believe there are also training programs you can use, however I have not tried those out.

I believe there are some C25K apps that can be purchased for the iphone.

I just read through peoples trip reports from the 2011 Princess. I am so inspired to go next year! Now I just have to keep going through summer and fall, which are the hardest months for me.

I am looking forward to trying runkeeper when the weather warms up. I used runmeter last year, but it was harder to do the intervals. Hoping runkeeper works well.

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to get a group of girls to run with me in 2012 :-)cool1:) since this will be my first and I don't want to run alone.

Does anyone know the date the event will take place? I always thought it was on a weekend, but this past one was on a Wednesday...is it always during the week and will it always be around the middle of the month?

Thanks for any info and happy training! :goodvibes

Hi! I think I saw you posting on the WW thread. I am working on C25k too and am planning on running the 1/2. My friend suggested the Galloway program for me as well. I went to my first WW meeting today, then went to the gym for a quick walk/jog combo.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

HI Haley,

Yes, I'm on the WW boards as well - congrats on starting WW - its a great program as is the C25K - great job getting to the gym today! Look forward to getting to know you!

Flights are where we are struggling too. Over $500 for the 2 of us, it's nuts!!

DH is supposed to get some retro pay so hopefully that will cover it.

How is your DH doing now?

He is doing better, but still in the dumps. He hasn't spent anymore money though!!! :thumbsup2

I also need to lose weight - I have lost about 28 pounds with WW since December - I have at least 50 more to go!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone as we go along! It's encouraging to see so many new runners just like me!

tammy
:snail:

Thats awesome! I should look into WW. And yep, I'm new to running (if thats what ya call what I do....) So far I'm liking it....well I like it when I finish. :woohoo:

Just wanted to let you know from one "heavy chested gal" to another best sports hands down is the Moving Comfort bra the style is Fiona. Made for gals like us. No bouncing at all. A little spendy but so worth it! Just thought I would share!

Totally agree on the Fiona!!! I was wearing two sports bras at a time and not happy. Another DISer recommended the Fiona. I'll never go back!:woohoo:

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to get a group of girls to run with me in 2012 :-)cool1:) since this will be my first and I don't want to run alone.

Does anyone know the date the event will take place? I always thought it was on a weekend, but this past one was on a Wednesday...is it always during the week and will it always be around the middle of the month?

I'm in! :) I dont want to be alone either and it will be my first half marathon! :flower3:

I'm in! :) I dont want to be alone either and it will be my first half marathon! :flower3:

I'm almost positive I'm in. I dont want to run by myself either. I'm trying to get my friend to run with me. Plus, I dont want to spend a weekend at Disney by myself!

Hi everyone! I've been checking out this thread for a few weeks now and I've finally figured out how to use it and reply to it.

I would LOVE to do the Princess Half. The funding is the problem... Ugh.

Anyway, I'm also training for the Pittsburgh Half in May and I have lost sooooo much motivation to do it. Maybe it's all the cold weather here lately...

Reading everything on this thread, though, is incredibly motivational for that event and the Princess event. I can't wait!!!

I also have some weight to lose. I started out about 2 years ago at 308lbs, got to 237lbs, but now I'm back up to 270-ish lbs. I'm pretty frustrated with it all... And it feels like it's all a big bad cycle of minimal activity-more food-low motivation over and over and over again.

I'm excited to have found so many people training for the same goal, though! Can't wait to keepo checking in with you guys!

While cotton is bad news for socks, I LOVE my SmartWool socks and shirts. I'm in Michigan and I've been running through all this snow and cold this winter and my feet have done great. No blisters. My running pants are poly, but I like the feel of the SmartWool on my upper body and tootsies. SmartWool was recommended to me by my local running store (Playmakers in Okemos, MI -- they deserve a plug) and they have never steered me wrong.

I use CardioTrainer on my Droid phone to track my walk/runs. I tried one or two other apps, but settled on this one.

Hi everyone!

The Save the Date info on the back of this year's event program says it will be February 24 - 26 for 2012. I would guess the Expo will be the 24th and 25th, the 5K on the 25th, and the 1/2 on the 26th using those dates.

He is doing better, but still in the dumps. He hasn't spent anymore money though!!! :thumbsup2

Glad he is doing ok. When we put our dog down, DH was a bigger basketcase then I was! And DD, she wasn't even born yet and still cries over him.
Thumbs up on the no spending money though!!

Hi everyone! I've been checking out this thread for a few weeks now and I've finally figured out how to use it and reply to it.

I would LOVE to do the Princess Half. The funding is the problem... Ugh.

Anyway, I'm also training for the Pittsburgh Half in May and I have lost sooooo much motivation to do it. Maybe it's all the cold weather here lately...

Reading everything on this thread, though, is incredibly motivational for that event and the Princess event. I can't wait!!!

I also have some weight to lose. I started out about 2 years ago at 308lbs, got to 237lbs, but now I'm back up to 270-ish lbs. I'm pretty frustrated with it all... And it feels like it's all a big bad cycle of minimal activity-more food-low motivation over and over and over again.

I'm excited to have found so many people training for the same goal, though! Can't wait to keepo checking in with you guys!

Welcome aboard!!!!

While my DH and DD will attend the race with me, I will be running by myself. If there are others out there in the same boat - I would love to have a buddy (or buddies) to meet up - we have a year to get to know each other!

I have asked others to join me, no one thinks they can run a 1/2 marathon - little do they what we can accomplish when we set our mind to it!

I'm almost positive I'm in. I dont want to run by myself either. I'm trying to get my friend to run with me. Plus, I dont want to spend a weekend at Disney by myself!

Almost positive? ;-) Thats where I am.... I'm almost positive that I'm crazy enough to attempt this!! I'm also trying to get a friend to go, just dont know if she can or not. I'm still training for it and still plan to go though, regardless!

While my DH and DD will attend the race with me, I will be running by myself. If there are others out there in the same boat - I would love to have a buddy (or buddies) to meet up - we have a year to get to know each other!

I have asked others to join me, no one thinks they can run a 1/2 marathon - little do they what we can accomplish when we set our mind to it!

YEA Tammy!! I'm sure as the race approaches we will find a place to have a WISH meet and greet. I am probably running (walk/jog/run) by myself as well. I totally agree with you...all those who don't think we can do it will be very surprised when we arrive home with that beautiful Princess Crown Medal :cloud9:.

Thank you for being so positive and know that you are in the same boat as many of us! Happy Running!

Tammy I'm doing the same thing. DH and the kids are probably going to come down but I think I'm running solo, not sure if DS14 is joining me or not.

I'm sure we can all get together and get buddies going.
We should start a list soon of those who are on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter