• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I want to participate in the 2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon!

I really want to run/walk the Princess 1/2 in 2012! My concern is taking the time off of work. But, I'll be training for it. That's my plan at least. Right now, I can barely run/walk 1/2 a mile on the treadmill and 1/10 outside. I better get training.

:goodvibes to everyone!

Hello all! I'm brand new to the site and have been inspired to join your discussion. I started off this year with a 5K on January first and ran a second this past Sunday. I cut 6 minutes off my time and I averaged around 14:03 pace. My goal is to run my first 1/2 in my hometown this October but I'm working on a girls weekend to run the 2012 Princess Half. I'm overwhelmed with excitement about this race and seeing so many of you working towards the same goal is awesome! :yay:

WELCOME! to all the new people who are signing on to train for the 2012 Princess :thumbsup2

I was reading the beginning of the thread for the 2011 Princess Half and they sounded just like us! Can you imagine that all those ladies just ran this weekend!!

As for me, I am still in recovery from a broken leg in 2009 (5 places including leg and ankle) so to "run" is still painful for me. I have been working on my balance and jogging-without-pain skills since mid-January and I am feeling good about my progress. I know I have a long way to go, but I want to run..yes, I said run...the Princess Half just to prove something to myself :woohoo:

You all have my full support on this journey and I look forward to meeting all of you next year at the World princess:

Make good choices today!

Hello everyone! Glad to see all the "new" people to this thread, love it! I have my very first 5k in 12 days (30,000 people run it!) and my plan is to "wun" 2-3 5k's this week and next leading up to it. Here's hoping! Had a personal best of 2.5 mile 11:40 pace the other day :cool1:

By the way my new mantra when I'm wanting to stop, I keep telling myself over and over and it seems to give me a boost....

D I G D E E P

I might write that on my hand before every race I do!
:)

I need to search for some local 5K's. We have one at DS9's school in March but I already made plans to be in Cape Cod that weekend. If I hadn't paid for the Cape I would skip it.

I'm doing Everest in May and probably the halloween one in October if I can put money away.

DH just texted me and I think we are going to bring the kids down for the 1/2 and maybe do some of the kid runs and the family 5K as well.

I am totally doing the 2012 Princess Half! It's time for me to step up my game. Check out my blog about training it. Its packed with health and fitness tips, tricks and reviews!

http://pumpkintoprincess.blogspot.com/

Is there anyone from the south central PA area here? I would love to meet someone to do local races with. This is my first time in the running world, but not the fitness world. I am doing the March for Babies 5k in May, but nothing else yet.

Good Luck everyone!!! Has anyone gotten a confirmed date yet?

Hi Amy,

Love your blog - I live outside of Hershey - would love to get together for a 5k.

Tammy

Hi! I am hoping to participate in the 1/2. If I don't get enough training before then I am certainly doing the 5k. I am really excited and have a couple friend who are going to do it too. They are from all over the country, but one is pretty close so I am going to try to do some races with her before the big run :)

Evening Fellow Princess Runners,

I decided yesterday after reading all the reports from this past weekend's race, that I want to participate in next year's 1/2 marathon. I will be doing the WDW 1/2 marathon in January as well.

I am also doing the C25K program - I'm on week 8, day 2 tomorrow! Once done with the C25K I will be doing the Galloway 1/2 training program for my first 1/2 in July. I know he recommends a run/walk ratio, but I'm confused if that is for all runs or just the long run on the weekend. I can do about a 17min mile right now comfortably - and with the C25k am doing 25 minutes straight (I'm a slogger, slow jogger).

I also need to lose weight - I have lost about 28 pounds with WW since December - I have at least 50 more to go!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone as we go along! It's encouraging to see so many new runners just like me!

tammy
:snail:

Guess I'll have to wait until Oct to meet you in person.

I think I'm insane trying to run this!! Even DS14 said, I don't even run that far. :scared:

Yes, definitely! I wanted to make the Expedition Everst, but with the dog dying, DH spent $1000 on a depression shopping spree. GRRR. So it's not looking possible unless I can find a serious cheap flight!

Woo hoo, Buffy! :cool1: You can do this no problem -- you have a whole year to get ready.

Princesses the color for this year's race is a lovely green -- not quite as bright as lime green. Lots of fun stuff at the Expo. Have seen several WISHers. It is a ton of fun -- you hardly have time to worry about the race! princess:

Cherie, this is the first time I've seen your lovely wedding pic! :love:

In one short year you Princesses will be here too! :cheer2:

Thanks Lisa...getting close to having that figure back.... 10 more pounds!

Yes, definitely! I wanted to make the Expedition Everst, but with the dog dying, DH spent $1000 on a depression shopping spree. GRRR. So it's not looking possible unless I can find a serious cheap flight!

Flights are where we are struggling too. Over $500 for the 2 of us, it's nuts!!

DH is supposed to get some retro pay so hopefully that will cover it.

How is your DH doing now?

I'm getting so stinking excited about this princess marathon. I found a running store and have asked DH for some money to buy me some good running shoes, sport bra(Im heavy chest), socks, some good tech shirts. So better do this thing. I picked out a 5k in April. I am just so inspired by all these race reports:banana::banana:

I'm getting so stinking excited about this princess marathon. I found a running store and have asked DH for some money to buy me some good running shoes, sport bra(Im heavy chest), socks, some good tech shirts. So better do this thing. I picked out a 5k in April. I am just so inspired by all these race reports:banana::banana:

Just wanted to let you know from one "heavy chested gal" to another best sports hands down is the Moving Comfort bra the style is Fiona. Made for gals like us. No bouncing at all. A little spendy but so worth it! Just thought I would share!

Just wanted to let you know from one "heavy chested gal" to another best sports hands down is the Moving Comfort bra the style is Fiona. Made for gals like us. No bouncing at all. A little spendy but so worth it! Just thought I would share!

I'm a busty girl too! I found that Enell bras work best for me (it's the Oprah sports bra). It, too, is a bit expensive but I have been wearing mine for 2 years and it washes well and I think worth it to not bounce all over the place:rotfl:

I'm going to check out the Moving Comfort bra too! Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the Bra Information :)
I am wearing 2 sports bras to avoid bouncing

I have been reading a lot of John Bingham information and earlier in the thread I was all worried about running ettiquette I found this and thought it may be helpful to everyone new to this!

I have a plan in March to increase my speed and distance maybe only by a little but I am going to do it.

http://http://www.couragetostart.com/road_manners.php

I was just asking a friend, who's been running for a while, some advice on a good bra. I have a "heavy chest" as well. This weekend when I was running it was a distraction for me...I really need to get something to calm the bounce.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm so excited to start really training for this.

I got back Monday from the Royal Family 5K and am so ready for the 2012 Princess 1/2 to get here! This was my first 5K and left both DH and I saying we will be back next year for the 1/2. Now I just need to find some races to keep my motivation and training up.

:

I am going this weekend to see the Enell and the Moving Comfort in person. My hubby thinks I am nuts because I have been doing research on running socks running shirts running everything but I am only on Week 3 of C25k. So I have to prove him wrong. :rotfl:

I was just asking a friend, who's been running for a while, some advice on a good bra. I have a "heavy chest" as well. This weekend when I was running it was a distraction for me...I really need to get something to calm the bounce.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm so excited to start really training for this.

I am pretty busty for my size (34G) and have found that Enell is fantastic. They are pretty spendy, but worth it imo. I wear size 1 in Enell. A fantastic site for buying bras is breakout bras. They have excellent customer service. I had to return something and they were great. A friend of mine swears by the Freya sports bras.

ETA: I realized I missed a whole page of replies lol. I didn't know other people said "spendy!" Where are you from kappyfamily?

Evening Fellow Princess Runners,

I decided yesterday after reading all the reports from this past weekend's race, that I want to participate in next year's 1/2 marathon. I will be doing the WDW 1/2 marathon in January as well.

I am also doing the C25K program - I'm on week 8, day 2 tomorrow! Once done with the C25K I will be doing the Galloway 1/2 training program for my first 1/2 in July. I know he recommends a run/walk ratio, but I'm confused if that is for all runs or just the long run on the weekend. I can do about a 17min mile right now comfortably - and with the C25k am doing 25 minutes straight (I'm a slogger, slow jogger).

I also need to lose weight - I have lost about 28 pounds with WW since December - I have at least 50 more to go!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone as we go along! It's encouraging to see so many new runners just like me!

tammy
:snail:

Hi! I think I saw you posting on the WW thread. I am working on C25k too and am planning on running the 1/2. My friend suggested the Galloway program for me as well. I went to my first WW meeting today, then went to the gym for a quick walk/jog combo.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter