I Will NEVER Eat At _______ In WDW Again!!

Without question, Cosmic Rays. Just B-A-D! And the worst part is that I saw a huge cobweb against the wall (thankfully ... or maybe not, I didn't see the web owner). I bought it up to a CM upon leaving and sadly got brushed off.

For table service, I'd have to say Kona Cafe. Food and service just blah.

Whispering Canyon. One word -- Ketchup. Even with the "Harass me" coaster flipped to the "Please don't harass" side, they will still make you go through something ridiculous to get ketchup at your table.

Not only that, after the crazy spectacle of our waiter coming out as a giant Ketchup bottle and staring our table down in a very uncomfortable way and having ~30 bottles delivered to our table, we were expected to leave our table and deliver ketchup any time an employee screamed "KETCHUP".

Worst experience at WDW hands down.

LOL. Right there with you. Although I was lucky enough to be napping with DD and missed the experience that is WCC, my husband and in-laws were not. It's been a year and they still talk about it.

While I'd never say never, after our trip last week I think we'll be skipping crystal palace (dinner) next time. It was hectic and there just didn't seem to be much selection and what was wasn't good, but I also think it might have been an off day it was that bad.

T-rex is another one I wouldn't mind skipping but will leave it up to the kids next trip. The first time it was awful (meal ended up being free it was that bad - gave my son and I raw food), 2nd time we went for the boys and it was fine. This trip it was so loud and so hectic the meal just wasn't enjoyable. I was also dealing with 2 ruptured ear drums and messed up hearing so that was def a factor, but I've just never really been impressed.

LTT is another one I'm not in a terrible rush to go back to.

We have loved Tusker house (breakfast) and will probably give that another chance but it was a bit of a disappointment this trip (everything was cold).

I don't know if I'd say "never", the kid has me wrapped about his finger, but I just did not care for the breakfast buffet at Hollywood & Vine.

We only went to see the Disney Jr. characters, but even that was disappointing as the characters weren't "current". Many of them were no longer on Disney Jr. and many from Disney Jr. current, popular shows were not there.

The physical restaurant itself was kind of lackluster. Not terribly attractive or terribly strong theming. It reminded me of a hospital cafeteria. And unfortunately, so did the food. It wasn't terrible, but just so blah. Not inedible or anything, but just extraordinarily overpriced.

That meal needs a serious re-vamping.

We love Crystal Palace though!

Coral Reef. Just awful.

I heard negatives about Via Napoli and we liked the food, but as many stated, the service was not so great. The staff was kind of snotty and rude.

There are a few places that I would rather steer clear of in future trips:

- Breakfast at 1600 Park Fare - Food was cold and the supposedly fabulous strawberry soup was disgusting. Not worth it for the price of a buffet.
- LTT - We went for lunch and I had very high hopes for an awesome meal! DH enjoyed his lunch but the salad I had (which I think is one of their bestsellers) was very unimpressive. Plus overpriced.
- O'hana - Nothing terrible out the food, but WAY TOO $$$.

Some of our favorites, though:
- 50's Prime Time
- Teppan Edo
- Le Cellier (for special occasions)
- Garden Grill

I completely realize that all of these opinions are open to interpretation and based on personal experience...with that said, I had to write about Sci Fi. I'm not usually one to write negative restaurant reviews as I know it could have been an off night. But our meal was so awful here...I mean, I have to venture to say disgusting:crazy2: I got the ribs and they were just gross. The sides that came with it were even worse. My fiance's meal was just the same. I hope this was just an off night... but it was bad enough I had to post here about it!

Food to me is never horrible or disgusting, but I do have places I won't return. Cosmic Rays and The Wave.

We have done CM every trip since 1998 as my kids love it even though they are sophisticated teens now they still request it. We haven't done breakfast I a long time but we actually think the dinner main offerings are a lot better than they used to be. The food is always fresh with a lot of choice. We do find the dessert offerings have gone downhill.

Thanks for the not so negative on CM, and that your kids love it still. We have a reservation on 2/21 for dinner. It is our kids first time to disney and its our youngest 3rd Birthday. Thought it seemed like a great idea, but was starting to worry with all these negatives about it.

I love Disney World and have been there 20+ times. However, the food is no longer something I look forward to. The restaurants have dumbed down the menus, have little innovation, use fancy terms to describe mediocre food, and overcharge for it all. By far the biggest disappointment is Whispering Canyon Café. What a shame as it was once fun and had a number of yummy choices. Do we still go to meals there - yes, at times. But we more often either make something if we are DVC or go off-site to the many good - and much less expensive restaurants.

We are pretty foodie and usually do deluxe dining to get in as many character meals as possible. Our last trip in November Minnie wasn't at TH (she had been in February) and our 3 yo BEGGED to see her and Pluto at Chef Mickey's. Last minute I scored one of the last seatings for a late second breakfast at CM's (we'd already been to CRT before RD). Based on reviews I did NOT have high hopes and pre-warned my DH and Mom.

I was shocked. Stunned. It turned out to be our best breakfast on the entire trip! Everything was fresh and quickly replenished, our server was beyond amazing, and the characters not only spent a great deal of time with us, but came around twice! We weren't rushed, everything was super clean (I used to manage a restaurant and know where to look!), and the food was great!

We have food allergies and were taken care of great down to sprinkle colors on a cupcake (no reds). We can't wait to go back!

Conversely 1900 for 2 breakfasts and one dinner was horrid. Dirty, cold food, rarely replenished, few foods my kid and I could eat with mustard and MSG allergies (even the pizza had msg added!) and no offer to help us with food alternatives which for Disney is very unusual! Normally we don't ask for anything (I get very allergy embarrassed) but my kid was hungry! Plain noodles took almost an hour when there was pasta on the buffet (with sauce she could not eat).

The characters at dinner made it all worthwhile, honestly they were great -- but breakfast we were there the first time over an hour and a half and were missed by Alice and the Mad Hatter. They never came back on the floor so we had to go back (Ugh!).

The characters at breakfasts were rushed, uninspired, tired, and every table around us was complaining from the bad food, terrible service (lucky us had the same neglectful server 3 times! Ugh!), dirty plates piled high while everyone waited for characters, no drink refills, and the super quick breakfast character interactions -- if they were on the floor at all!

We are pretty foodie and usually do deluxe dining to get in as many character meals as possible. Our last trip in November Minnie wasn't at TH (she had been in February) and our 3 yo BEGGED to see her and Pluto at Chef Mickey's. Last minute I scored one of the last seatings for a late second breakfast at CM's (we'd already been to CRT before RD). Based on reviews I did NOT have high hopes and pre-warned my DH and Mom.

I was shocked. Stunned. It turned out to be our best breakfast on the entire trip! Everything was fresh and quickly replenished, our server was beyond amazing, and the characters not only spent a great deal of time with us, but came around twice! We weren't rushed, everything was super clean (I used to manage a restaurant and know where to look!), and the food was great!

We have food allergies and were taken care of great down to sprinkle colors on a cupcake (no reds). We can't wait to go back!

Any chance you experienced the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror prior to dining at Chef Mickey's? Because it sounds like you might have entered a portal to another dimension where Chef Mickey's is everything you described. :earboy2:

Any chance you experienced the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror prior to dining at Chef Mickey's? Because it sounds like you might have entered a portal to another dimension where Chef Mickey's is everything you described. :earboy2:

But I thought the elevator just took you to the gift shop? :joker:

What do you suggest in downtown other than T-Rex for kids?

I apologize for such a lag time in replying! I haven't been on in quite a while, life has been overwhelmingly busy in 2015. My kids really enjoy Raglan Road. They have many kids options that you will not see at other locations, and they love the dancers! They also like Wolfgang Puck Express (marketplace), the food trucks, House of Blues, and Ghirardelli (for obvious reasons).

Mama Melrose...ilk! I'm Italian and from Jersey, maybe I am spoiled but that food wasn't even edible and the service was not good at all. Chef never came out to talk with us regarding the menu and food allergies (I have NEVER been to a table service eatery at WDW that the chef did not come out to assure us that what my daughter was ordering was safe), and it seemed as though we were being rushed out of there.

We're Italians from South Philly and we hated equally lol. I think our meal was worse than fast-food-Italian Olive Garden

We're here now, and I was completely nervous about our Chef Mickey's breakfast ADR yesterday. But it was terrific. Food was good, restaurant was clean, and characters were great. It is expensive, but we chose to do a meal where the characters came to us, and that's what we got. I would book it again in a minute.

I think the three places I would not go back to would be:
1. 1900 PF --for breakfast. I was so excited to try the Eggs Benedict, but it was too artificial citrusy for me. I thought the choices were underwhelming as well. However, the character interaction we had there was better than almost any other place in WDW.
2. Crystal Palace for lunch or dinner. Have done both and again, the choices were just not doing it for me. It was hard to find stuff I liked. However, breakfast there is a must--every trip!
3. Tusker House for lunch or dinner--same reasons as Crystal Palace. Just not my thing. I can understand why others like it, and I'm not bashing these places--just a preference thing.
I can't remember having bad service at any restaurant in WDW. I guess I may have blocked it out, but nothing sticks out in my memory.
Oh--I completely agree with the PP--Coral Reef smells bad and it is ridiculously outdated. However, my daughter loves it and we have to go every time.

Ours is Hollywood and Vine at HS...done it twice and both times I left feeling....wow I paid what for that??

Just felt like bland hospital food.
EXACTLY how we felt. We went for dinner and have said it's the worst meal we've ever eaten at Disney in the past 20 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter