I Will NEVER Eat At _______ In WDW Again!!

For me it'd be Biergarten in Epcot, the food was just not to our taste, everything seemed really bland and to me it seemed like most of the food all had the same odd texture. Out of six of us dining only two would return and even those two weren't thrilled with it but will generally eat pretty much anything.

It was our biggest dining disappointment and with so many other options, we certainly won't be headed back there. I am glad we tried it at least once, but once was enough!

Akershaus is on my no return list. It was microwave food at best and there was a huge spill in front of the buffet which my mother slipped in.

My BIG disappointments were:
1. ooey gooey toffee cake at LTT, it was cold...cold hard cake with cold ice-cream on top is not good
2. most cupcakes around the world - way too sweet
3. dole whip with rum - didn't meld well and just felt like separate rum and dole whip, not a combo

I'd still give them second chances though...eventually.

Biergarten - nothing more than a sausage fest, bad food, poor bland taste, definitely not worth $40 bucks a meal.
Norcoosees (sp) - way overpriced and pathetic fish. Service was poor as well.
Coral reef - just simply never again as long as I live. Another Not-worth-$38 dollar meal. Bad service, mediocre food, and even though we sat next to the tank there was a damp musty smell in the whole room.

According to DH liberty boys blt- from liberty tree tavern... He was not feeling the pork belly apparently..he also had the same experience as a previous poster with the toffee cake being hard and cold....

This thread is two years old and still active. It would be interesting to tally-up the results when it hits 1000 posts. Not that I'm volunteering;)

You can put us down for Calif. Grill and Cape May. Had crummy service at CG, and the seafood at CM is off-putting to everyone in my party...except me.:)

San Angel Inn at Epcot. I had the Chicken Mole and got terribly sick immediately after dinner. Let's just say I now know where every restroom is "around the world".

This thread is two years old and still active. It would be interesting to tally-up the results when it hits 1000 posts. Not that I'm volunteering;)

You can put us down for Calif. Grill and Cape May. Had crummy service at CG, and the seafood at CM is off-putting to everyone in my party...except me.:)

This is probably one of the most helpful threads I've read. I was torn between Ohana and the Spirit of Aloha show, but I am now convinced to do the show over Ohana based on these reviews.

And to skip Chef Mickey's and save the DDP points for something better.

~Cari~ pluto:

Coral Reef - the smell was pretty bad last time we went
Pinnochio's Haus - loved the theming but the food was terrible

Hmm. Really, that's about it. Oh, the French place in Epcot - our meal was awful - cold and dry - and our server was pretty rude when we went. It was a few years ago though, so maybe it'd be worth going in again for an update... That same trip we had an awful meal at Le Cellier, but when we went next time it became my DH's favorite restaurant and he begged me to make a reservation there this time. Begged. This man does not beg, lol.

LTT we're on the fence about. It used to be our favorite park restaurant (minus World Showcase places), hands down. We always ate lunch there, sometimes multiple times per trip. Our last trip we only went once, and the food quality went down a LOT. The cake used to be my favorite, but last time it was pretty mediocre. We have a reservation this time but since we're trying to save money, we might just skip it and do a QS meal instead. It would be a shame, though. Loved the place!

So far there are no absolute no returns for me, but I would think twice before going back to Via Napoli. The pizza actually was perfectly fine but the service was terrible. They were slow to take my order (I'd been sitting for 30 minutes and had to flag a waiter down), they were slow to deliver my food then I was on my second slice of the pizza when a waiter came around and asked if I'd finished (?!) and when I said no he hovvered about the table watching me eat. The place wasn't busy so they didn't need the table and I ended up wondering if it was because I was on my own.

1F

Where is your never again restaurant(s) and what meal (B, L, or D) made you decide never again?

Mine are Pinocchio's Haus and T-Rex. The lunch I had at PH was dry, bland, and small for the money. I don't like most of the food options in MK to start with and this was by far the worst lunch I have had there. As for T-Rex, it was not terrible, but it was the least pleasing dinner I have ever had at WDW. The food was ok, nothing to brag about and definitely screams chain restaurant. For the food quality the prices are ridiculous (I know, it's Disney but still lol). The theming was fun for my kids, but that is all.

What do you suggest in downtown other than T-Rex for kids?

Via Napoli will never be on our list again. The food was mediocre and the service was horrible both times we visited. The only thing we enjoyed was our desert.

Via Napoli...rude staff and a LOOOONNNGGG wait. Food was ehhh.
Biergarten - Overpriced and annoying sitting with peeps you don't know.
Coral Reef - just plain gross.

Le Cellier - horrible food, horrible service. Never, ever, ever in a million years.
Via Napoli - just plain not good food but service decent
Biergarten - food mediocre, service good, but sitting with other people kills it
Cali Grill - great pre renovation, not worth it anymore.

Sorry to hear so many recent comments about the service at VP. I know it has been hit or miss in the past and we were lucky for the most part with service and we love the pizza.

I have to vote for Chef Mickey's...over-rated, over-priced and mediocre at best...very disappointing for the "classic" Mickey crowd...characters extremely rushed. Had dd's bday there a few yrs ago, never again, none of the characters would even come over to help the server (the lone server) sing happy birthday to my dd.:rolleyes1:sad2:

Olivia's Cafe - only tried it once, but it was bad enough to not give it a second try. Horrible food, worse service and an inconvenient location. The only really bad meal I've ever had at Disney.

The only thing is restaurants change. I know the counter service restaurants at DHS get universally panned and ABC Commissary gets called the worst of the worst. But, the last 2 meals I've had there have been pretty good. I got the New York Strip Steak Dinner and I asked if they could swap the Fries for Quinoa (which they did no problem) since I get enough fries on vacation. Was the steak Ruth Cris good no. But for $11.50 the portion size was nice, it was cooked medium, and very tasty.

I'm not sure there's any restaurant I'd never go to again. Maybe Pizza Planet, not because it's any worse than any other Disney Pizza, I just try to avoid Disney Pizza as much as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter