If or when the DVC comes to CR, will you be ready?

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
Yes this is speculative. Yes, this could have a little levity in this thread. If or when :hourglass the DVC @CR comes through what would the prices look? It would have to be the most expensive, right? What would be the over/under on a 1 br.? How many units could they make? Would you buy in?;) Anybody saving for it? What would you be willing to pay for it?:scared:
Chris

We will buy there. This DVC would increase in resale value faster than any because of the location. Plus we want the booking advantage to stay there.

We will buy there. This DVC would increase in resale value faster than any because of the location. Plus we want the booking advantage to stay there.

Ditto

We've loved the monorail resorts from day one.

I would not buy there....

If they did build a dvc.....only reason i would ever stay there...
Kerri

At what cost?:confused3

You're right, the cost may be high. One way to look at it would be the average point value spent for all your points. Since we purchased in 1997, our base is much lower than folks buying in now. We would like to have the booking benefits that comes with the points

Considering we're talking year ahead, my guess the buy in will be a few dollars more than AKV is selling for now. $108 is a good stab, probably will start with some incentive for DVC owners.

Yes, already have CRV cash ready, guide has already added me to his "CRV wish list".

Considering we're talking year ahead .....

Regarding the timing for this venture, would DVC start demolishing the buildings if they didn't know what they were replacing them with? If it is a DVC venture, isn't there a "land transaction" or something similar that needs to happen? I remember someone posting that a building permit was filed for the renovation of the AKL rooms. Has there been any public notices or permits for the CR work?

Regarding the timing for this venture, would DVC start demolishing the buildings if they didn't know what they were replacing them with? If it is a DVC venture, isn't there a "land transaction" or something similar that needs to happen? I remember someone posting that a building permit was filed for the renovation of the AKL rooms. Has there been any public notices or permits for the CR work?

I don't think they are going to make an sort of announcement until 2008 or 2009. I think the key will be for SSR to be sold out first.

If you look at some of the older threads, I think the only thing that has been filed were the demolish. permits. I know some of our fellow dvc'ers are very dilligent in looking at the county site that records permits, so we'll probably know something before the guides do! :thumbsup2

Disney was only selling BCV when we were shopping for DVC points back in 2002. Didn't like that resort and haven't liked the others that came along since (SSR & AKV). CRV is the first "new" resort that is mildly intriguing for me.

Alas, there will be no DVC add on for us in the foreseeable future. We've got a kitchen remodel and 2 kids heading to college in the next 2 - 6 years. Maybe after all that some CRV points would be in the budget as we look forward to grandchildren.

I just did a search for building permits for DVC and found the following link -

http://my.sfwmd.gov/cmsdk/content/i...sAndStaffReports/060713-12_StaffRpt_38514.pdf

It is a permit issued by the South Florida Water Management District dated Sept 6, 2006 for a Construction Trailer in the name of DVC @ The Contemporary. That doesn't leave very much doubt, does it?

Yeah it does.

That permit has been "shown" as proof now for six months, but other permits that DISers have dug up are for "Disney Suites" etc. The name on a trailer doesn't mean much UNLESS you are planning to buy the trailer (Of course considering the hysteria over DVC at CR, Disney can probably get someone to pay for the trailer LOL!)

I agree with an earlier poster. Don't expect another FL resort until either SSR or VAK are sold out. And with two resorts on the market selling out either is going to take longer.

If it goes on sale, I think it won't be unitl late 2009 or 2010 and it'll be priced around $112/point. I think the first construction you see will be a new addition for Contemporay Resort with a DVC section or floos filling in later, ala Animal Kingdom.

There was a time when the BWV, OLW and VWL were all on sale at the same time as well as the 2 off-site DVC resorts. Figuring the time required for design and permitting of a new resort and that SSR is selling very well, it makes sense to to be doing what it looks like they're doing.

BTW, the work listed in the permit was fairly large for a temp facility. Two 6-wide trailers, a 3-wide and a single all in one area, installation of fire service, new SWMP, paving, striping, etc., and space for subcontractor trailers as well. Clearly this is for much more than another rehab.

I probably would not add on there, only because we have alot of points already. Plus if DVD makes it as large as the tower we've seen on here, I don't think it would be too hard to get into if we are flexible. But I am definately rooting for a DVC at CR. I would love to stay there for 2 - 3 nights at the beginning of our trip and do MK, then switch over to BWV for the rest.

We'll keep VWL as our Magic Kingdom resort. I'll want to stay a night or two perhaps, but it's not tempting me to buy. (Thank heavens! I have very little DVC purchasing resistance in my genes. My only success story is that we haven't bought any BCV points and they keep tempting.)

Bobbi:goodvibes

I am certainly continuing to save my pennies for CRV. I do think if they offer it after AKV that they will be in the $110-$114 range for current DVC members and it may sell out up in the $120's (assuming current members don't buy it out first...which is very possible).

This, of course is a guess and time will tell.

We'll keep VWL as our Magic Kingdom resort. I'll want to stay a night or two perhaps, but it's not tempting me to buy. (Thank heavens! I have very little DVC purchasing resistance in my genes. My only success story is that we haven't bought any BCV points and they keep tempting.)

Bobbi:goodvibes

PSSSSST:rolleyes1 ......PSSSSSSSSTTTTT:rolleyes1 ......Hey buddy :cool2: over here.......I got some BCV cheap.......:rotfl2: .

Yes this is speculative. Yes, this could have a little levity in this thread. If or when the DVC @CR comes through what would the prices look? It would have to be the most expensive, right? What would be the over/under on a 1 br.? How many units could they make? Would you buy in? Anybody saving for it? What would you be willing to pay for it?

As much as I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I am not buying there because of the distance from any of the parks, Downtown Disney, et cetera. I'm hoping to stay there occasionally on a seven month reservation windown.

Now the Contemporary, on the other hand? The Contemporary? Mark me down for a big fat YES!

My present home, the Boardwalk, is really nice because of its proximity to EPCOT and MGM, two of my favorite places. It's nice and peaceful there and relatively "connected" with everything via Disney transportation.

But the Contemporary fills the bill just as nicely. Especially being connected with that nice ol' monorail!

When they are ready to sell, I will be one of the people up front to become a "founding member." An 11 month reservation window there would be extremely tempting. I might even sell off half of my Boardwalk points to purchase Contemporary points.

As much as I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I am not buying there because of the distance from any of the parks, Downtown Disney, et cetera. I'm hoping to stay there occasionally on a seven month reservation windown.

Now the Contemporary, on the other hand? The Contemporary? Mark me down for a big fat YES!

My present home, the Boardwalk, is really nice because of its proximity to EPCOT and MGM, two of my favorite places. It's nice and peaceful there and relatively "connected" with everything via Disney transportation.

But the Contemporary fills the bill just as nicely. Especially being connected with that nice ol' monorail!

When they are ready to sell, I will be one of the people up front to become a "founding member." An 11 month reservation window there would be extremely tempting. I might even sell off half of my Boardwalk points to purchase Contemporary points.

That brings up an interesting point. Would there a enough people willing to sell off their current resorts to make those prices drop a bunch?
Disney would be able to charge a fortune for a monorail spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter