If or when the DVC comes to CR, will you be ready?

When they are ready to sell, I will be one of the people up front to become a "founding member." An 11 month reservation window there would be extremely tempting. I might even sell off half of my Boardwalk points to purchase Contemporary points.

I'm with you. AKV tempts me with its theming but the distance to anything is enough of a draw back (along with about a dozen other things) to make me just wait for a 7 month window. But the Contemporary is a location I've always been intriqued with. I can easily see myself strolling over to MK for a quickie visit, or just sitting on the balcony watching the fireworks or EWP.

I'm saving my pennies for a CRV add-on. Most likely a 3-4 day stint at the beginning or end of my SSR trip. I have to budget enough for a 1 bedroom stay. If point values are on par with AKV, I expect to pay around $10-15k. The money's there for me now (why AKV was so tempting); they just have to build it.

Granted theming at the Contemporary is not as wowwing for me as AKV, but location trumps here. And if they are creative enough they can make it a truly unique place. I'm hoping for a space colony type design. All LCD/Plasma tvs, sliding doors, touch lamps, rocket launcher pool slide, moon rocks playground, hydroponics bay lounge, freeze dried ice cream, and space decor.

I love BCV, but it would be great to also have CRV. We stayed at the Poly for the first time in Dec '06 and we loved the location. I was going to buy more BCV on re-sale but I'm going to hold out for CRV (or as my son calls it "Mickey's Favorite Resort" because of Chef Mickey's).

I didn't know we could get on a wait list though. Should I call my guide?

GoofTroop3 = Me, DH and DS (6)

:woohoo: here's my sacrificial pig to the DIS gods and CRV

can't hurt.;) Need more points, keep holding out...worried they may impose a large minimum add-on requirement:scared1: Hope not, since AKV didn't implement it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter